Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Opopanax posted:

Are you the guy from memento and you can't remember anything that happened before the day started? I mean, even if you are, you could always just look up the page to when I vote him the first time with an explanation, and then QPQ agrees with me.

Buuuut my scroll wheel disability prevents that!

Yeah though looking back its pretty lovely posting/voting. I'm on board.

##Vote Ix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
dammit.

##vote Ixt

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I could pretty easily see Ixt being scum, to be honest though I think most of his play has just been plain old bad and not necessarily scummy bad. Like his two votes are super conspicuous and out of nowhere and unsupported. No comments on other candidates with an hour left to deadline. Voted for the guy who killed scum really early for a weak reason (Pint voted LUTR). All those those things are really scummy-looking but I feel scum would be too self-aware to make all of them in succession. With that said I came out of his post history with a pretty bad impression.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Kill Opop after me, tia.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Seriously, he says he change my vote becuase "people start to mention it" that's not it at all, town wouldn't think that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's how it looks to me. I said it wasn't convincing, you made a snipey replay, then a few minutes later you move over to scruffy

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opopanax posted:

That's how it looks to me. I said it wasn't convincing, you made a snipey replay, then a few minutes later you move over to scruffy

That happened before you said that Opop, like an hour or something.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The unvote anyway.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And hey, guess what? The guy they wanted me to vote was town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but on the other hand. maybe we vote scruffy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I believe in Ixt

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

He called someone a cum-man and that's just rude.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but not undeserved

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm reading some of QPQ's link posts more closely than I originally did and one thing I'm noticing is that all these helpful links point to filtered post histories. Even if it's a one-off link it almost always leads to a filtered post history. (One of his links actually led me to a "New Post" window.) I know it's somewhat his style to link like crazy, but to me this looks a lot like paint-by-numbers scumhunting. In other words instead of discussing conversations in context he's scanning down peoples' post histories for his cases and picking stuff out.

This has pretty radically changed my impression of his posts, some of which I liked the first time around but didn't really follow through on the links. QPQ's cases aren't really persuasive because they tend to be a review of someone's post history, like Gridlocked did for all of us, rather than a particularly convincing argument for why doing X looks scummy. They look great though because obviously if you went through and sourced all your points it means you put a lot of effort in and everyone knows effort=town right?

This is QPQ's second post of the game and it has a link in it already:

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't see how Keane's vote is any worse than merk's vote. If anything, I like Keane's post better because it is clearly not intended to be taken seriously and because he seems to dismiss TT for judging merk over the issue (1).

Do you find merk suspicious for doing the same thing, PM? Just want to clarify.

Did this observation need a source? We're on Page 3. QPQ didn't even make a joke in joke phase (scummy).

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming Ecco is telling the truth about his/her flip:

- LUTR looks very good. A scum player wouldn't be that combative with their ally on D1 (1), (2);
- Also liking Gridlocked a wee bit more, as there would be no reason to shoot down a defense of your partner (3);
- Liking merk quite a bit less due to Ecco's dismissal of the case against him as "a dumb thing" (4);
- Kill all players trying to perpetuate the joke phase.

I've already talked about this post, but again, did any of these points need sources? There's not even a vote here. Was QPQ worried that we wouldn't know what he was talking about if he said "I think LUTR looks better because Ecco was suspicious of her" without him linking to the event?

QuoProQuid posted:

Having gone through LUTR, his content is just as as unexceptional as I remembered. He has lots of jokevotes (1), (2) but that's not exactly noteworthy in this game. His only major contributions until Met's lynch is his defense of Gridlocked (4) (5) which is only weird because of his previously laid-back demeanor, and his sparing with Ecco (6), (7), (8) which I had initially used in LUTR's benefit. Now, I'm not entirely sure. As TNL says (9), the exchange comes off much less extreme than I remember.

The crux of my suspicions still boil down to the last moments of yesterday. I really don't like how defensive he gets when Mets and MEDS cast suspicion on him (10). His explanation for this behavior, and his thoughts on why Met was pulling a gambit seem weak to me (11).

Also, I dislike the Shanakin lynch (12). I won't mourn his passing if it happens, but it comes off to me as an exceptionally lazy play. The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

##vote: LUTR

This is literally just a summary of LUTR's post history with an "I don't like that" or "this is weird" to transition from one post to another. QPQ even links LUTR's jokevotes as if it's at all relevant to any sort of vote or case. Why?

How many people really read this case the first time around? Did you see all those sourced points and go "well at least QPQ put a lot of effort into this case" and glaze your eyes over? Did this post engage your brain into thinking about LUTR in a new light? Did anyone even follow any of these links?

##vote QPQ

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gulag dolls will you be my life coach

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TNL that's a great effort post and I will vote however you want in thanks

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

TNL that's a great effort post and I will vote however you want in thanks

I'm gone all day tomorrow so trying to get in what I can tonight.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i know I sure didn't read any of his posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was being sincere

To both of you

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow The Betrayer dropped his suspicion of QPQ like a hot rock. He made a big post against QPQ that was longer than everything else he's posted combined, and then got on the Met bandwagon and never mentioned QPQ again.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

tnl. what would you say to qpq stab

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

somber?

:rip:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

tnl. what would you say to qpq stab

If he's town I wouldn't want him dead without the chance to defend himself or contribute. I think he's pretty scummy but I'm just one person, maybe others feel differently about what I see.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

The unvote anyway.

Oh ok. I just saw you get pissy about me not voting pmom and assumed. Keeping my vote here though

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opopanax posted:

Oh ok. I just saw you get pissy about me not voting pmom and assumed. Keeping my vote here though

What's your reasoning now though? Your original thing is no longer valid so give me something new.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GulagDolls posted:

but not undeserved

:cumpolice: :cumpolice:

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

On second thoughts I don't like anyone and should think for myself more.

##Unvote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

What's your reasoning now though? Your original thing is no longer valid so give me something new.

Actually yeah, looking at your history again I misread a couple things, it's not as bad as I thought earlier.

Which means ##vote qpq is probably a good idea, since he should have known better

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shanakin posted:

On second thoughts I don't like anyone and should think for myself more.

##Unvote

Would also vote shanking because the only worse than this unvote is the one with the initial vote itself

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Sorry. I've been in and out and in different time zones. Looking through thread now.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My vote yesterday was pretty much a throwaway but I still have nothing on Gulag except for he's got a lot of white noise and a knife. The day 1 theory of "hmm maybe scum are saving their knives to use at the end" is becoming more and more likely and I don't like it. What's worse is that hardly anyone has interacted with him which is weird for both town and scum. He must be doing something to communicate if he's not posting with town and there's no masonry SOOOOO. Every vote has been jumping on a wagon.

Also I don't know why Ixt is all over my balls but whatever.

##vote GulagDolls

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Wow The Betrayer dropped his suspicion of QPQ like a hot rock. He made a big post against QPQ that was longer than everything else he's posted combined, and then got on the Met bandwagon and never mentioned QPQ again.

I never got on the Met bandwagon, I was voting for LUTR.

And I haven't mentioned QPQ again because I'd rather not lynch David Foster Wallace and I find him useful. So there.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

My vote yesterday was pretty much a throwaway but I still have nothing on Gulag except for he's got a lot of white noise and a knife. The day 1 theory of "hmm maybe scum are saving their knives to use at the end" is becoming more and more likely and I don't like it. What's worse is that hardly anyone has interacted with him which is weird for both town and scum. He must be doing something to communicate if he's not posting with town and there's no masonry SOOOOO. Every vote has been jumping on a wagon.

Also I don't know why Ixt is all over my balls but whatever.

##vote GulagDolls

d1 is in your name

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
FYI I'm gonna be a chode for a few hours and take a pasta making class, dunno what time it ends but it's in a wine store so I'll probably need some sober-up time afterwards too.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am pretty sure I have been interacting with people, and the jump from don't see interactions>he must be talking in a scumdoc makes no sense. also the theory of scum saving knives for the end is somewhat hurt by me getting his knife from hammering a townie, who was sitting on his knife.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

GulagDolls posted:

i am pretty sure I have been interacting with people, and the jump from don't see interactions>he must be talking in a scumdoc makes no sense. also the theory of scum saving knives for the end is somewhat hurt by me getting his knife from hammering a townie, who was sitting on his knife.

that sounds like it hurts :rimshot:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look Under The Rock posted:

FYI I'm gonna be a chode for a few hours and take a pasta making class, dunno what time it ends but it's in a wine store so I'll probably need some sober-up time afterwards too.

You just boil the water and toss it in, ain't rocket science

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm probably not going to be around too much today, SORRY E'ERYBODY.

I've cooled significantly on Sharkakin since they've posted more.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

please submit cool knife puns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GulagDolls posted:

please submit cool knife puns

I can guarantee you all my knife puns will be as keane as the knife itself.

• Locked thread