Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
It is increasingly amusing how each of his nonsensical, bullshit theories only start to make sense if you believe his previous nonsensical, bullshit theories.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Ague Proof posted:

You might say the moon is a sort of... satellite

(10 second pause)

Which is ironic because the moon is in fact a satellite

ironimoon.gif

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

Yes out of the court of jesters, fools, and general autists that is SomethingAwful it's you who pierces the veil. You are indeed the most special snowflake.

Something something LooseChanj image. Something something Aatrek joke.

GRRM probably wouldn't. Dude's actions are of someone who is vain as gently caress.

you have to be at least a little vain to make real art (unironic)

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A_H did a rape and thought GRRM fans would be amused.

He seriously miscalculated the toxic levels of irony.

i respect him for having strong enough irony to do a rape ironically

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This video owns. This guy is insane as poo poo but yeah both people said crabs in my belly I bet there's a connection or its the most boring turn of phrase to crop up exactly twice ever. It's probably not moon NSA dream invaders though.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Krinkle posted:

This video owns. This guy is insane as poo poo but yeah both people said crabs in my belly I bet there's a connection or its the most boring turn of phrase to crop up exactly twice ever. It's probably not moon NSA dream invaders though.

He's going to freak out when he finds out what cancer means

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I clicked on his review of the latest episode why is he calling the night king brandon? Is it a thing he believed in a previous episode that bran the builder is literally the night king? Or what famous brandon is he saying is the night king from before time?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Krinkle posted:

I clicked on his review of the latest episode why is he calling the night king brandon? Is it a thing he believed in a previous episode that bran the builder is literally the night king? Or what famous brandon is he saying is the night king from before time?

The show is literally breaking his brain and he's just spouting whatever dumb bullshit he can before he collapses into a gibbering puddle of urine.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Krinkle posted:

Old Nan suggests the Night's King was a Stark and that his name was Brandon. So this is actually the least stupid thing he believes in

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ague Proof posted:

Old Nan suggests the Night's King was a Stark and that his name was Brandon. So this is actually the least stupid thing he believes in

It honestly is kinda weird that the humans, not the Others, were the ones to build a giant gently caress-off 700ft magical ice wall. It makes a lot more sense that the Others built it as a kind of "gently caress off this is our territory" marker.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRLiAovXqc
Six minutes into this video he says littlefinger is trying to show things to the gods to fulfill prophecy by making sansa only talk to dontos in the godswood, not as an idiot with only a surface level reading might inference, that anywhere there is stone there is a little bird writing down everything they hear on the other side of it. This man is insane.

I'm laughing every time he says something like bael[ish] the bard.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fly Molo posted:

It honestly is kinda weird that the humans, not the Others, were the ones to build a giant gently caress-off 700ft magical ice wall. It makes a lot more sense that the Others built it as a kind of "gently caress off this is our territory" marker.

Gotta remember that these were ancient people, like those that built the Great Wall of China and Hadrian's wall and poo poo.

What the gently caress else were they going to do all day? They lived in the time between farms feeding everyone so not everyone needs to work, and the enlightenment where leisure meant having poo poo to do.

Wake up, build a wall, sleep, repeat x 10,000 makes perfect sense.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fly Molo posted:

The Starks are descended from the Others. Teach the controversy

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fly Molo posted:

They also had help from elves.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
things underappreciated about Preston Jacobs: the really bad voices he gives to characters when he quotes them and how for a dude who obsessively goes over these books, he still can't manage to pronounce "Catelyn" right

like he doesn't call her Caitlin or Catlin, both of which would be acceptable, he says something like "Catiline"

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Fly Molo posted:

This always threw me off too. I just let it sit as something GRRM could do to make the wall a real thing. I mean, it must have taken more than one summer/winter cycle to build it, so wouldn't the walkers just come and gently caress everyone up in the winter? :iiam:

Alternately, the presence of dragons in the world makes magic much more common than it is in "present day." But i really have no idea. I'm just piggybacking off of King in the dark tower stories where magic used to be a big thing and then slowly disappeared.

E: If the elves were so great, how come they're all dead!?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A Major Fucker posted:

you have to be at least a little vain to make real art (unironic)

Yeah that really wasn't a judgment as much as a point-blank observation.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Mike N Eich posted:

things underappreciated about Preston Jacobs: the really bad voices he gives to characters when he quotes them and how for a dude who obsessively goes over these books, he still can't manage to pronounce "Catelyn" right

like he doesn't call her Caitlin or Catlin, both of which would be acceptable, he says something like "Catiline"

Roy Dotrice pronounces her name "Cat-eh-lynn." Maybe he listened to the audiobooks before reading.

Sometimes it's more pronounced than in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c8JkRC52Vw

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mike N Eich posted:

Get back to me when someone pronounces Jaime correctly

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

syscall girl posted:

Get back to me when someone pronounces Jaime correctly

You mean "HY-meh", right?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

You mean "HY-meh", right?

Yeah, that's how I read it.

Grum all misappropriating cultures :argh:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Gotta remember that these were ancient people, like those that built the Great Wall of China and Hadrian's wall and poo poo.

What the gently caress else were they going to do all day? They lived in the time between farms feeding everyone so not everyone needs to work, and the enlightenment where leisure meant having poo poo to do.

Wake up, build a wall, sleep, repeat x 10,000 makes perfect sense.

Well it's either ~*~MAGIC~*~ or GURRRRRRM is a hack writer with no sense of scale who has no loving idea how implausible it is because he's too busy getting shitdick.

Oh wait it's both!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm still pretty sure that Doran will reveal a plan allying with Dany, perhaps with Trystane marrying her, or something else. Whether that plan will involve Jaime, or whomever, I dunno.

Tyrion seemed to conspicuously leave out Dorne when talking about potential Seven Kingdom alliances.

Which takes me back to the fact that I am not even sure what the seven kingdoms even are.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Tyrion seemed to conspicuously leave out Dorne when talking about potential Seven Kingdom alliances.

Which takes me back to the fact that I am not even sure what the seven kingdoms even are.

north
iron islands
vale
riverlands
reach
stormlands
westlands

then tgeres alsothe region kings landing is in and dorne

so ya, nine kingdoms really but weve already established he cant loving count

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ChrisHansen posted:

E: If the elves were so great, how come they're all dead!?

They're not? Bran and Meera and Jojen are hanging out with some.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Blind Sally posted:

Also the ghost of high heart, yeah?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

You mean "HY-men", right?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Gonna sperg a bit. The Riverlands aren't counted because when the targs originally conquered the area, it was held by the Iron Islands and later on was made into an independent realm or some such nonsense when some greyjoy got uppity. Kings Landing doesn't count in the sense that it's not a kingdom unto itself, but the seat of power for the entire continent.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the giant leaps of logic Preston Jacobs makes. Like Euron says "we will feast before the fall of night" obviously meaning that the Ironborn will get a bunch of land and loot in the near future but Preston somehow reads this as "I want the Long Night to happen".

Blind Sally posted:

Also the others are snow elves.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

From the Politically Loaded Maps thread:

No Safe Word posted:

Though not all that politically loaded, I know we love terrible map coloring, so here's IMDb's "which GoT characters are most popular in each state" map:

full article here

Also note the URL horror on that one as well. Well played all around, IMDb. :eng99:
except you chako you hosed up

Hawaii: the new worst state.

Wyoming and South Carolina: very surprising.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 6, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nym sand isn't even the drat titty sand snake.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving chako

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Why in the gently caress does Arizona and South Carolina have the best opinions about favorite show characters

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krinkle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRLiAovXqc
Six minutes into this video he says littlefinger is trying to show things to the gods to fulfill prophecy by making sansa only talk to dontos in the godswood, not as an idiot with only a surface level reading might inference, that anywhere there is stone there is a little bird writing down everything they hear on the other side of it. This man is insane.

I'm laughing every time he says something like bael[ish] the bard.

lol these videos

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TommyGun85 posted:

north
iron islands
vale
riverlands
reach
stormlands
westlands

then tgeres alsothe region kings landing is in and dorne

so ya, nine kingdoms really but weve already established he cant loving count

those are just the regions. there were seven literal kingdoms before the targaryens came but some of them split up

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nym sand isn't even the drat titty sand snake.

i want to look at and feel some tits

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

A Major Fucker posted:

those are just the regions. there were seven literal kingdoms before the targaryens came but some of them split up

Yes the riverlands weren't one of the seven kingdoms during the time of Aegon's conquest, they were ruled by the iron islands via king Harren the Black whose seat was in Harrenhall.

The titular seven kingdoms were the stormlands, the reach, dorne, the north, the iron isles, the vale and the westerlands.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yes the riverlands weren't one of the seven kingdoms during the time of Aegon's conquest, they were ruled by the iron islands via king Harren the Black whose seat was in Harrenhall.

The titular seven kingdoms were the stormlands, the reach, dorne, the north, the iron isles, the vale and the westerlands.

which raises my question, what kingdom were kings landing, dragonstone, stokeworth, etc. part of? stormlands?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TommyGun85 posted:

which raises my question, what kingdom were kings landing, dragonstone, stokeworth, etc. part of? stormlands?

Either the Stormlands or as I understood it they were basically the Targ kindgom and not counted because the Targs were the divine fuckers who took over from outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
King's landing did not exist prior to Aegon's conquest, he founded the city, there was only a small fishing village in that spot before that, at the time of the conquest the area was under the rule of king Harren, I'd assume that the southern portions closer to Storm's End were controlled by the storm king until they were conquered by Aegon and Orys Baratheon (who married the daughter of the last storm king).