Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Pub base, plz kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Trying to figure out why I keep dying after logging out in the goonhouse overnight/during the workday. Top off on food/water before I quit out each time. Is it just random game fuckery?

Also where the hell do you get metal from? About to have those tool engrams unlocked.

It might also have something to do with the fact that goons having been draining some blood off of sleeping goons, which may make you die to elements faster.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Reason posted:

Yikes, recent patches have reduced performance quite a bit.

yeah they put the wrong settings in asome ini files, they've patched it as of now

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
So, at some point when we're higher level, we'll have to get together and build a roaming Plesiosaur sea battlebase, right?

volcultsmer
Dec 18, 2004
I ated the purple berries
Is this game even playable in SP yet? It seems like I have done everything I can for the time being, and I'll need to go up another 4 levels before I can craft anything else and expand.

Also, gently caress whoever thought putting a whole set of T1 clothes in a loot crate after I spent all of my early game leveling points in unlocking those blueprints was a good idea.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I wish dinos weren't so stupid. They really need to only follow targets within a certain radius and then come back. One guy came to my base and kited away all the dinos, and they aren't even set to aggressive. I followed the trail of dinos-sitting-around-stupidly, and hunted him down and killed him but still, people can just kite all day and dodge their attacks, so 'dino defense' doesn't work at all.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 6, 2015

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Think we need to consider one big bunker base and a dino garage to prevent what happened tonight because it seems high gear beats numbers by alot.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Optiquest posted:

Think we need to consider one big bunker base and a dino garage to prevent what happened tonight because it seems high gear beats numbers by alot.

Ya, a series of metal boxes would do nicely.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
And Jurassic ARK is no more. Goonbase is gone. Jurrassic ARK World Tower 1 fell at 5:00AM EST this morning.

We will never forget.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

A second pterodactyl has hit the thatch tower

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Givin posted:

And Jurassic ARK is no more. Goonbase is gone. Jurrassic ARK World Tower 1 fell at 5:00AM EST this morning.

We will never forget.

What happened??

We need to launch a crusade against the person who killed my Parasaur. RIP little dude

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 6, 2015

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Givin posted:

We will never forget.

What? NO!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Picer posted:

What? NO!

I logged in and everything is mostly still there, just a few thatch buildings were damaged and it looks like someone nicked a lot of our resources. Main building has been reinforced with metal now.

Didn't see any dinos around so I guess they're all dead

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Hezzy posted:

I logged in and everything is mostly still there, just a few thatch buildings were damaged and it looks like someone nicked a lot of our resources. Main building has been reinforced with metal now.

Didn't see any dinos around so I guess they're all dead

Rip Chickenshit the second i guess. Ill log in soon and get to rebuilding our glorious home.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
Tonight a nemesis was born, as the Khaos clan laid waste to Jurassic Ark. All of our dinosaurs, and one thatch tower, were sacrificed in the battle. In the end, with dozens of goons dead, we drove them back and made them pay a small price for their attack. Their base now lays mostly abandoned, save for a mysterious metal building. Our foes were stronger and better equipped, capable of attacking from the skies with winged predators. But they will return, and we will need to be ready, with rifles in hand and wings of our own.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Apparently there was a performance bug fix right after the update that a lot of goons probably didn't get.

Probably contributed to the horrible losses we took.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

They killed my house! :( Only the signpost remains....

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Is it possible to play this casually, or will you die and lose everything the second you log off without finding a safehouse or whatever?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Shadefyre posted:

Tonight a nemesis was born, as the Khaos clan laid waste to Jurassic Ark. All of our dinosaurs, and one thatch tower, were sacrificed in the battle. In the end, with dozens of goons dead, we drove them back and made them pay a small price for their attack. Their base now lays mostly abandoned, save for a mysterious metal building. Our foes were stronger and better equipped, capable of attacking from the skies with winged predators. But they will return, and we will need to be ready, with rifles in hand and wings of our own.

They were attacking us the night before. We need to destroy their entire base!

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
They killed John Deer?! He was my newest best friend. :(

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

We poked their base a little so they ran away and moved somewhere else. They left us a friendly sign.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Is official server 40 not showing up on the list for anyone else?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I am really, really impressed by how often they are making GBS threads out updates at least. Thats how EA stuff should be.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Quornes posted:

Is official server 40 not showing up on the list for anyone else?

Try steam server browser.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
For those of you just getting into the game. Yes, narcoberries do keep dino's down, but you have to use the Remote use button when looking in their inventory to make them work. Just dropping them in doesn't work. Took several hours to finally figure this out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How do you even look in their inventory? All I seem to get is a drag body option.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
[map with obelisks marked]

i know theres 5 or so cave networks including underwater ones but whats this about a hidden valley?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Maybe it's an underground area, like a Hollow Earth.

Just so you know, our camp is listed as Hidden Lake.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

minchar posted:

Try steam server browser.

Ok that got me on. Now how do i get to goon camp?

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Quornes posted:

Ok that got me on. Now how do i get to goon camp?

Hop on mumble and spawn at north spawn 3

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

[map with obelisks marked]
Is this it?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So where are these caves at and is it worth spelunking? Can I find wood in there for more torches or are they mostly bare?

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

So where are these caves at and is it worth spelunking? Can I find wood in there for more torches or are they mostly bare?

The caves are all around we know of two? And utah they are worth it but we're not to the point tech level wise where we need to be going down into the caves

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Oh man! I did not know there was a server. Myself and a buddy are playing on 74, but I might switch over now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Did they fix the horrendous rubber banding? It was borderline unplayable for me last night.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seriously never experienced this rubberbanding that seems to plague everyone. But I play the low memory 800x600 low settings version.

There is a tradeoff though, ever since the other day my sound always cuts off the moment I login. Goes from blaring the title theme to complete silence.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if it's on my end or not. I should probably try another server to try and confirm. Anyone else get this?

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
^ I've found that on 100% of servers with >15 people, there is a server side performance problem that causes the rubber banding. You can easily check this by seeing if you can punch a turtle to death as a fresh spawn by merely circle strafing. On a 0-person server, the turtle fucks you up instantly. On a every >15 person server I've tried, I can circle strafe the turtle and we both warp around a lot rubber banding and I can punch it to death being hit maybe once.

The people saying "there's no lag" are either playing on near-zero pop servers or aren't sensitive to 500-1000ms delays in accessing inventory, aren't PvPing, are just harvesting berries, etc.

On my friend's private server we have people randomly dying while offline. At one point two people died at the same time while offline, while locked in their house, with someone nearby to confirm dinosaurs didn't get them etc. Something's hosed, bank your stuff before sleeping

Vehementi fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 6, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Jackard posted:

Is this it?

Not the same image but close enough

Can other players steal from my plant plot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Players can steal from everything else, I would expect so. I've seeded, watered, and poo poo in my own plot. With these haNDS!!

But never seen any results. Dunno whether the plants die out, if people are taking them, or if it's just bugged.