Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I really like Kouji's dialogue with Faye. 'This isn't heroic and super robot like at all!' Gai Daigoji would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

Come enemy phase Sarah moves in, and tries to target Amuro.

Emphasis on "tried."

Well, that's a pretty bad attempt at targetting Amuro, considering that's not Amuro at all! Also you posted the same image twice.

And Kouji telling Faye how a super robot pilot should be was the best part of the update. If someone knows, it's him, and he loving knows how this works.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How on earth did one of my screenshots of the Map get overwitten? :psyduck:

Edit: And it's fixed.

Personally my favorite Kappei getting the idea that his taunt might be accurate.

Note that I've never watched Gravion and have no idea how this is going.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 1, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Personally my favorite Kappei getting the idea that his taunt might be accurate.

I think it's less "Kappei's taunt being accurate to Faye's life/past" and more "Faye didn't explode in berserker rage at the taunt like previous villains Kappei's fought". Like, he's used to opponents responding angrily to him when being taunted. So when Faye gets all sad and mopey, Kappei is confused and double-checking to see if he accidentally cast Daunt or something.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr Pepper posted:

How on earth did one of my screenshots of the Map get overwitten? :psyduck:

Edit: And it's fixed.

Kappei is really shaping up to be pretty great.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Dr Pepper posted:

Though, as we can see Toga has a significantly better Skill stat. :v:

Touga's problem is not having Prevail because he thinks he's a real soldier and not a super robot pilot, but the flip side is that it makes him really extra broken with Attack Again (also The Storm, who is even worse about it, but you get him much much later).

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Giving Toga Prevail means that the Gravion becomes absurd fairly quickly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

Giving Toga Prevail means that the Gravion becomes absurd fairly quickly.

Between that or having an unit that's bad at evading and not particularly defensive...I'd say giving Prevail to Touga should be a priority, except for maybe E Save.

Though of course, first you have to get through the terrible Gran Kaiser period where you can barely use Gravion. I'm so glad that's not a problem anymore in Z2 onwards.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
It's happening... :munch: :swoon:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

Touga's problem is not having Prevail because he thinks he's a real soldier and not a super robot pilot, but the flip side is that it makes him really extra broken with Attack Again (also The Storm, who is even worse about it, but you get him much much later).

I never really felt the need to buy Prevail to Touga in any games...all those sub-pilots give him more than enough survivability, in my opinion (granted, losing Mizuki and, especially, Leele's Iron Wall puts a dent on that).

Don't remember exactly WHAT I brought him while he was with me but, usually, I get my Supers Guard and then go all-out on offensive skills. Got more than used to babysitting huge glass cannons after the Alpha series!

Wounded Land posted:

It's happening... :munch: :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Y9GsPtbmQ

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aww yeah motherfuckers, it's time for the Super Civil War Z! :neckbeard:

Also, Kappei going "I don't have time for Touga's jilted lover!" "YES! I will have my revenge on Touga!" "...wait. You're actually his crazy ex? I was just kidding! :stare:" was pretty funny.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Most route splits don't end with the two forces coming back together to kick one another's teeth in. Z decided it'd be marvellous to do though, and you know what? Z was right!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Brunom1 posted:

I never really felt the need to buy Prevail to Touga in any games...all those sub-pilots give him more than enough survivability, in my opinion (granted, losing Mizuki and, especially, Leele's Iron Wall puts a dent on that).

You may as well get used to it, though, because it's Dix-Neuf filling in that role in Z3.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

Most route splits don't end with the two forces coming back together to kick one another's teeth in. Z decided it'd be marvellous to do though, and you know what? Z was right!

Well, more acurate would be that one side wants to kick Kira's rear end ....and the other one wants to do it even more.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

And after putting it off for far too long, I updated Chapter 24's update with the missing battle dialogue.

---

Kouji & Tetsuya vs Anything

: Let’s go, Tetsuya! Time for our combined attack!
: Leave it to me, Kouji! I’ll follow your lead!
: (That’s it…that’s our tempo.)
: (We haven’t changed at all, Kouji and I.)

Boss/Jun/Sayaka Vs. Anything
: Alright, I’m all fired up!
: Boss, are you really alright with that injury?
: It’s all good! If I get dropped again, you, Jun and Maria can nurse be back!
: Don’t push…
: …Your luck!!

Sayaka Vs. Tekkouki
: Is that the Yumi girl?!
: Stop it, Tekkouki! I don’t think you’re a bad man!
: I am a demon, not a man!
: …If you mean that, then I won’t hold back! I’m also a warrior fighting to protect peace!

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 2, 2015

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Things are coming to a head now…the other ZEUTH has run us down and they don’t look happy.
We’ve 11 slots to deploy and Kira’s launching as an event unit:

• Rand, Burume (Government), Rag
  • Baldios, Riea, Enil (Esperanza)
  • Kei, Maai, Adette (Rushrod)
  • Getter, Michiru, Tekkouki
  • Garrod, Jamil, Pala
  • Gain, Jiron, Dyke (Galapagos)
  • Duke, Hikaru, Sara (Mexbrute)
  • Gainer, Witz, Bello (Dobeck)
  • Roger, Löwen, Roybea
  • Apollo, Matthew, Gauli (Dobeck)
  • Renton, Holland, Hilda
Same deal as before, only Gauli’s back in Apollo’s team.

Mission 38 - Preplanned Showdown

: The other ZEUTH’s deploying their troops!
: They mean to attack us…?!

: Then we can’t just sit on our asses! Let’s get out there!
: But…!
: This ain’t a game, kid! If you’re not up for it, stay in here!

: There you are, Freedom…!
: (Kira…)
: What’s going on, Cpt. Gladys? Please explain yourself.
: …To the Freeden, Gekko Go, Iron Gear and Glomar teams, as well as the Archangel crew…
: This is Talia Gladys, captain of the ZEUTH battleship Minerva.
: Please disarm at once and follow our instructions.
: She’s telling us to surrender…?!
: Excuse me?! What gives you the right to talk to us like that?!
: She’s right! Did Zaft call for this?!
: In the interest of preserving order, that’s right.
: It is our and the Chairman’s understanding that your group’s existence is worsening the current state of affairs.
: So, we’re all “criminals wrecking the world order”, is that it…?!
: Those’re some big words with all the crap you’ve been doing everywhere!
: Where do you get off talking smack to us?! You’ve been working for the Feds and the Chiram, making a mess of everything just to get what you want!
: Ease up, Kappei…!
: Cpt. Jamil… if possible, we’d like to avoid having to take up arms against former comrades.
: If you do as we say, we’ll speak on your behalf to our superiors and see that you’re as well accommodated as possible.
: You’d “speak for us”? Why would we even need that?
: We didn’t do anything wrong… Yeah, things might've gotten out of hand one time or another, but still…
: We don’t remember ever doing anything to warrant being arrested for “disturbing the world order”.
: We’re not saying that making money to survive is wrong…
: But there’s neither rhyme nor reason to your methods. Yesterday, you’re working for the Federation, today you’re acting as Chiram mercenaries… you’re too erratic.
: Not to mention when you even delve into what’s pretty much banditry…!
: Say what…?!
: You need to realize the strength you possess. By acting haphazardly, you’ll merely worsen the world’s already chaotic state.
: But if you join us, you’ll be fighting for the whole, not just yourselves. Please accept.
: You mean “fighting for the Plants”, no…?
: No way in hell. We do what we want!
: We just explained how you can’t go on like that! Why won’t you understand?!
: We heard but what are you getting at? That your way’s the one that’s “right”?!
: It’s not about that! YOUR way’ll eventually lead to even more conflict!
: Kouji, that declaration from the Federation was just them twisting facts! They used our images for their goals!
: Brother…
: Enough, Duke Fleed! That happened precisely because your group is running wild across the world! What other proof do you need?!
: And, your posse notwithstanding, we simply cannot give that vote of confidence to the Archangel.
: So now you’re content to simply follow orders, no longer pondering the correctness of your own deeds…tragic.
: Shove it, ya two-bit Negotiator! What the hell does a selfish bum like you know about the battles we’ve been through?!
: And, just to let you know, we’re not doing this because Zaft told us to! We’re here because we’re pissed at you!
: That goes both ways! We’ve also had just about enough of your shenanigans.
: It’s not working…! They’re completely hostile to us…!
: They’re likely to attack if we try to escape…
: drat...! We might need to take ‘em on if things are this bad!
: Freedom…!
: !

: Urk…!
: Kira!
: What are you doing, Shinn?!
: If not ZEUTH, our orders are to at least bring down the Archangel!
: I’ll destroy that MS…the Freedom!!
: Shinn…
: We’ve fully analyzed the Freedom’s combat data. You can do it, Shinn.
: Freedom, if only you weren't there…!

: He’s…
: Shinn, are you pissed because of what he did to that black mech?!
: Stella…she never wanted to fight anyone!
: Quit your tantruming! What else were we supposed to have done in that huge mess?!
: Shut up! None of you know anything about her!!
: What do we do, Captain?!
: …If they’ll disregard our warning, then we’ll have no choice.
: Freeden, Gekko Go, Glomar, Iron Gear: disarm at once and follow our commands. If you refuse, we WILL answer with force.
: Sorry, Talia…but we can’t do that.
: We act on our own convictions and will be leaving here as such.
: Then there’s no way around it…!
: …We should do our best to avoid any unnecessary damage. Focus on disabling their battleships.
: Open fire! The target’s the Archangel and the other ZEUTH…!

: Stop! We can’t just attack each other!!
: Shush, Renton! There are times when even friends and family need to fight!
: You learned that before, didn’t you?!
: We’ve got to do this! They’ll bring us into Zaft if we don’t!
: Well, these arrogant jarheads won’t get the better of me!
: Ya pet dogs are picking a fight with wolves! Y'all made a big mistake here!
: We’ve no choice! All units, focus your attack on the Minerva!
: Darling…
: Don’t worry, Mel. I’m going as THE HEAT, not The Crusher today.
: So, I ain’t destroying anyone – just going to give enough of a whooping to knock ‘em out!

Mission Objective: Shoot down either the Minerva or the Force Impulse Gundam
Mission Failure:Any allied ship shot down
Skill Point: Achieve the victory condition within 4 turns

:siren: BIG Secret Alert! :siren:
  • Clear the mission by shooting down Shinn: +1 Point
  • Kira’s shot down: -1 Point

Well, there you have it. You can clear this map as early as turn 2 since everyone, Kira included, starts at 125 morale and it’s not difficult to take Shinn out with a couple of Hi-MAT Full Bursts and, if needed, a Mugen Punch.
Do note: some of Zaft-ZEUTH’s real robot pilots will randomly cast Focus and their Supers will go for Strike, so make sure your whole team is packing your own spirit commands on approach or your frail units will get thoroughly trounced – Iron Wall is always a priority.
This is especially important with Kira because with Shinn’s SEED bonus running, you will need Focus to get even decent numbers.

There isn’t much of a strategy to speak about in this clusterfuck but here are the highlights:
  • Always focus fire because you don’t want several Supers running on Prevail.
  • They’ll charge at you from the get-go, so prioritize the reals to lessen the number of ALL attacks that could potentially hit your troops (Quattro, Camille and Amuro ALLs are their strongest weapons, too). Following them, Tetsuya’s also a prime target due to Thunder Break and I believe the Mazingers can still use their combined attack if they’re adjacent.
  • The reals are also the only ones with squaddies and they’re on Center formation, meaning they can pile damage on your unprotected supers or ships; the supers are alone but with the added NPC stats, they are still QUITE bulky – especially the Mazingers – so be ready to have to throw a lot of troops at them.
  • You can end this mission whenever you want by destroying Shinn, so don’t worry about conserving SP. Heal when needed, Analyze any Supers you’re going after and don’t forget to cast Luck/Bless before a kill.

Finally, this isn’t like mission 14 where you fight a complete copy of your character: all of Zaft’s troops are in their basic NPC form like in mission 36. Any upgrades you may have given them while they were with us will not be taken into account.

There are about 160 different pre-battle dialogue between every significant character (and one “generic” line for when they attack minor characters), so considering that and the basic strategy, in order keep this update as short as can be, I’ll run through the fights against each important foe in one big montage (it’s still the largest update I’ve ever made, even with all the videos).
Pretty much everyone, save for a few, have special in-combat lines, too, so I’ll try to go through as many important ones as I can.

Also, feel free to play this while we destroy authoritarian jarheads.

See you on the other side!

: This man also agreed with Kira…?!
: No, despite appearances, I’m quite the nonconformist. I do not allow myself to be influenced by the words of others.
: I stand here now by my own will and I do so with pride! That’s something no one can suppress!

Roger vs. ZEUTH #1: “I’d hoped to establish some dialogue between us, but you force my hand…”

: Your mech might be super dodgy but Nirvash won’t be left behind!
: I’d tagged Renton as just another kid but even he’s not holding anything back…
: At this rate, I…

Renton vs. ZEUTH #1: “Why…why did it have to end like this?!”

: I’m up against Athrun…I have to keep my eyes open or it’ll be the end for me!
: …
: What’s with those moves…? He’s not sure about this?

Marin vs. ZEUTH #1: “I don’t care that it’s you guys…if you’ll try to stop us, I…!”

: Cpt. Athrun, were you the one who dragged ZEUTH into Zaft?!
: And you’re fighting that very Zaft! Why?! Don’t you see that doing so makes you an enemy of the Plants?!
: We’ve no choice, even if it means making an enemy out of society!
: For our freedom and for the entire world, we will oppose you!

Gainer vs. ZEUTH #1: I don’t want to accept this…I don’t, but--!”
If Gainer dodges #1: “That attack…! Good thing I saw it back then or it’ could’ve been bad!”
Also, if he (somehow) took damage #1: “If you’re not holding back, then I know what I must do!”

: Hey, Mr. “Zaft Captain”. You proud of that FAITH dog tag of yours?
: All I’m doing is fighting for what I believe in! And if you’ll side with the Archangel, I’ll stop you by force!
: You’re still too green, Athrun. Your doubt betrays your words!

Gain vs. ZEUTH #1: “I’ll end you in one shot…it’s the least I can do.”
If Gain dodges #1: “I haven’t forgotten your tricks!”
And him taking damage #1: “Are you going easy on me due to our past friendship?”

: Ah, here’s the Chairman’s pet!
: If we’re the pets, what does that make you? You’re no more than rabid dogs, running wildly across the world!
: You cannot discern between right and wrong, you think of only yourselves…people like you are our enemies!
: Ha! You’re so drat drunk on your brand of “justice” that you’ll deny anyone who doesn’t fall in line? It’ll be a cold day in Hell when I let men like you have their way with the world!

Holland vs. ZEUTH #1: “Tch…they’re all dancing to the army’s tune!”

: Gotta fight Athrun, eh? He ain’t playing around so I better be careful!
: Hrm…He’s coming for me! Do I have to fight him…?!
: Is that mumbling some strat? Well, the awesome Garrod ain’t falling for it!

Garrod vs. ZEUTH #1: “Do we really have to fight…?”

: I should’ve just arrested you all back in Japan if I knew it was going to end like this…!
: Even if you forced us to work for Zaft, we still would’ve branched off eventually.
: Unless you people changed your ways, this battle was inevitable.
: You’re just like Kira…why can’t you see the bigger picture?!
: You think nothing else matters so long as you’re doing well?!

Luna and Rey shot down:
: They really are strong…but we’ll be the winners next time!

: Those who’d go against the Chairman’s will…you’re my enemies…!

: Time may pass but the Breakers of Zora will always be outlaws…!
: Get off your high horse! You think everything you do is in the right just because it’s for the Plants?!
: We’re fighting for our lives and won’t lose to a bunch of the army’s yes-men!
: Why won’t you look at reality?! This is why the war won’t end!

Jiron vs. ZEUTH #1: “Get outta here! There are some things I won’t put up with, even from you!”

: Ah, the Zaft captain guy! Quit making Shinn do all the heavy lifting and show me what you got!
: Urgh...Why does no one take issue with fighting their fellow men?!
: You ain’t gonna find any answer by just thinking about it! You gotta get off your rear end for that!
: A nerd like you ain’t taking me out!

Apollo vs. ZEUTH #1: “This whole thing stinks…but ain’t no way around it!”

: What…? This pilot’s hesitating to fight...?!
: The enemy’s a seasoned warrior…! It’s not a foe I can beat if I don’t get my head on straight!
: That’s right! And if you’re having doubts about your own battle, then you should pull back!
: I cannot bring myself to destroy such an opponent!
: Tch…But, I’m their captain…! I can’t just step back!!

Duke vs. ZEUTH: “There’s no other choice now…!”

: Your very presence is messing up the world, so we’ll put a stop to you right now!
: Give it to me straight, Athrun. You doing this just because your boss sees us as the enemy?
: No! This isn’t about the Chairman – I’m fighting for the world!
: As diligent as ever…but guys like that are very easily manipulated!

Kei vs. ZEUTH #1: “Never thought I’d be fighting you guys for real…”

: It’s Athrun! Their chain of command will be crippled if we can push him back!
: Argh…!
: What’s going on…? A Zaft soldier like him is hesitating now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8IdqMrl28I
Getter vs. ZEUTH – Hayato #1: “Ryou! Hesitate for a second and we’re goners!”
This is actually a new line as Hayato’s VA was still active.

Also, I forgot to record any Rand attack, so here’s what he says:

: Oi, Cap! You really gonna let Shinn and Lunamaria go crazy like that?!
: That’s their battle to fight. An ignorant outlaw like you couldn’t possibly understand!
: WELL, ya sure told me! Then, you better get your head in the game!
: Ah…!
: I’m the one you gotta worry about! Quit looking over to Kira and Shinn!

Athrun shot down:

: Why…?! Why are they with the Archangel?!

: Back off, Loran! I still owe ya one for that bread!
: And I owe you for helping me before!
: So please, Garrod, stop fighting! I…I don’t want to do this!
: Neither of us can step back…doesn’t look like we have a choice, then. Don’t get mad, Loran!

Garrod vs. ZEUTH #2: “I’m also going all-in if that’s how you’re gonna be!”

: What happened, Loran?! I thought you knew the value of other peoples’ lives!
: That’s my line! How could you do such things, Jiron?!
: I’ve no idea what you’re talking about – I’ve been fighting to survive!
: Meanwhile, you folks have been killing people all over just to help your country! We’re nothing like you!
: I haven’t forgotten the taste of that bread you gave us…but I can’t let you guys off the hook after all you did!

: It’s a shame things ended up like this, Loran.
: I feel the same way. Please, stop resisting and surrender.
: You’ve changed... Still, I can’t do it, even if you ask.
: Gain!
: I owe you one for that bread…so I’ll avoid hitting your cockpit as much as I can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJUNlC4E_KI

: I’m up against Loran and his mustache? Talk about a tough cookie!
: I don’t want to fight against old allies either, Kei! Please surrender!
: Sorry but I can’t, even for you. I’ve only now started to understand what I’m supposed to do!
: Then, I’ll stop you! We’re here precisely to fight against those that are spreading war!

: Cpt. Jamil’s piloting this MS?!
: Then, please stop fighting and explain what you’ve done!
: There’s nothing to explain. We’ve just been following the path we believe in.
: It’s you who must stop following Zaft’s orders – doing so will only bring ruin to the world!

: How unfortunate, Loran. I had taken you for a rather reliable fellow but it seems that’s not the case.
: Please stop this, Roger! You could use your strength to find a way for us to talk things through!
: I’m afraid your request came a bit too late. My words will not reach anyone now that both sides are clashing their convictions.
: This may get a bit rough but I’ll immobilize you and, THEN, thoroughly explain our innocence!

Roger vs. ZEUTH #2: “At the very least I’ll put you down you gently.”
Loran vs. ZEUTH #1: “Don’t show your face to me again!”

: What happened, Loran? How could you do something like that in Garnahan?
: We did it because we believed it was the right thing to do!
: But, unlike you, we don’t help fan the fires of war in order to survive!
: If you’re not going to let us be, then I know what to do!
: King Gainer’ll put a stop to the Black History’s White Doll!

Gainer vs. Loran: “Here we go, Loran! No hard feelings!”
Gainer dodges #2: “You showed me that attack before!”
Gainer takes damage #2: “Are they holding back? Or are they not taking me seriously?!”

: Get outta here, Loran! You helped us after the first warp, so I owe ya one!
: In that case, stop attacking, Apollo! I don’t want to fight you guys!
: …He says, while coming straight for us! Ya look like you couldn’t hurt a fly but you’re actually a nasty piece-of-work!
: If you’re not willing to listen, then I know what must be done! This might hurt a little!

The moon ain’t happy with you, Loran!
Silvia vs. ZEUTH:
  • ”We…have to fight, don’t we…?”
  • ”They’re not our friends…not anymore…”
  • ”You’re our…our enemies!”

Also, Sochie and Miashey shot down:

: How dare you! I’ll remember this!

: You won’t get away with this! We’ll get you next time!

: Stop, Renton! Don’t add any more to your crimes!
: What about you guys?! You think what you did is OK because you’re fighting a war?!
: I didn’t think you were like this, Loran!
: I don’t want to fight anyone! But you’re acting just to satisfy your own greed!

Renton vs. ZEUTH #1: “I gotta do it…they’re enemies now!

: Holland, stop this battle! You can make them stand down!
: The mustache kid, eh? You think we can get along with everyone that easily? It ain’t happening, not in this world!
: If you wanna call this off, quit Zaft and THEN we’ll talk!
: And join the Federation?! I refuse!

: Kouji told us about you – he said you were a strong, kind man! Please stop!
: And I wouldn’t be strong without kindness! I’m simply fighting for what I believe is right!
: Urk…the only way I’ll stop him is by immobilizing his unit! In that case…!

: Zaft’s methods are only escalating the war, Loran! Don’t you get that?!
: No! We’ve been fighting against those very warmongers!
: It is your group who misuses their strength and brings mayhem wherever you pass!
: We were only fighting back against people who attacked first – Zaft included!
: If you insist on gunning for us, then you leave me no choice!

Getter vs. ZEUTH #2: Benkei “drat it! What do we do now?!” Hayato “Don’t overthink this, Benkei!”

: I misjudged you, Loran! I thought you were someone who’d be fearless when standing for what’s right!
: That hasn’t changed! But how could you all contribute to the turmoil gripping the world?!
: We just fought back against those who attacked us! They’re the ones messing up the world!
: Then let’s fight together! We can stand against them if we pool our strength together!
: What, by joining Zaft?! No, thanks!

: Loran, thanks for that bread way back when!
: O-okay!
: Alright, that takes care of that. Imma be fighting for real now!
: You’re not going to stand down, are you, Rand…?
: That’s how I roll. You know that…!
: Then, I’ll stop you with all my strength. I won’t let you cause any further damage, The Crusher!
: (Urk…hearing that from him really hurts…!)

Rand vs. ZEUTH #1: “Sure didn’t expect you guys to fight your friends ‘cuz of some orders…!”

Loran shot down:

: You’re all misusing your power…!

: Ah! Those moves…Camille?!
: Stand down, Getter Robo! What’s the point of this battle? Listen to us!
: Fine, tell me! Do you really think you’re right in dominating others for Plant’s sake?!
: We’ve been fighting for the entire world, unlike you and your false justice!

Getter vs. ZEUTH #3: Hayato “There’s no other choice now. Let’s go!”

: These movements... is that Camille?!
: Gainer, war isn’t a game! You need to understand that!
: What I don’t understand is your reason for all that bloodshed! That’s why I’m doing this!
: We’re fighting to put an end to this war! Can’t you see that?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtkL9ZMWaTA
Gainer vs. ZEUTH #2: “We’ve fought together before and yet…”
Camille has an unique line for Gainer that he didn’t say: “You need to take a better look at reality, Gainer!”

: Do you understand the consequences of what you’re doing, Jiron?!
: That’s my line! You think what you’re doing is right?!
: Even if it isn’t, we must keep going! That’s how we’ve been fighting!
: So you’re OK with it?! Then I won’t cut you any slack!

: Grendizer…the Super Robot who annihilated the Vegan forces…!
: The Zeta’s got the upper hand in terms of mobility, though! I just need to hit the right spots!
: This pilot’s strong…! Like a young animal who’s yet to learn fear!

: What happened, Camille? You’re all up yourself just ‘cuz you got that new mech?!
: Rand, freedom and lawlessness are two different things and you need to understand that!
: Gimme a break - you got in bed with Zaft! There’s a whole side of the world that you ain’t got a clue about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Mti-HtQQk

: A new Gundam?! And it looks pretty quick!
: With the Zeta’s speed, I can go in and out before he even gets a lock on me!
: Urgh! I can’t handle that much mobility on top of Camille’s skills!

Camille vs. Garrod: “You can’t live thinking only of your immediate goals, Garrod!”

: This pilot’s…Cpt. Jamil?!
: Camille Bidan? Those are some impressive maneuvers he’s doing…!
: So, now Zaft’s using prodigies like him as part of their troops?!

: AEUG’s young Ace, eh? I can’t play around with this kid!
: You…do you have any idea of what’s going on with the world right now?!
: Looking at it just from the Plants’ perspective means you’re only getting half the picture.
: Instead of learning how to pilot an MS, you oughta study how the real world’s like!

Camille vs. ZEUTH #1: “Can’t you understand what’s right in front of you?!”
Gain vs. Camille or Shinn: “You gotta make stubborn kids listen, even if it takes a few slaps”.
Also, if he dodges them: “Your childish moves are very transparent!”

: It’s fast…! I never expected an MS would pressure me this much!
: Battles aren’t decided by a difference in size! I’ll make you understand that!

Fa getting shot down:

: They’re strong…! I really had no chance…!

: That AEUG’s rookie…looks like he’s picked up a few tricks since last time!
: I’ve a reason why I can’t lose here: we’re going to wipe out war from this world!
: And that’s why I can’t tolerate people like you who’d throw it into chaos!
: You became one of Zaft’s mutts for that? Don’t make me laugh!

Camille vs. ZEUTH #2: “If you’re set on facing us, then I’ll take away your means of attacking!”

: Camille, how could you do all those things?!
: I’m not going to say what we did was “just”.
: But, it still was necessary! That’s why we fought!
: I…I can’t accept something like that! I won’t!

: You’re a Negotiator and, yet, you don’t understand how wrong it is to rely on violence?!
: You insult me, youngster! I’ve always denounced violence!
: However, there are times where one has no choice but to exercise strength! That’s a wholly different matter from wanton barbarism, though!

: I gotta tangle with Camille now…jeez, it’s just a string of strong opponents!
: My pace will go out the window if I let him get to me with that chitchat…!
: I have to focus on the battle at hand if I’m going to get the better of him!
: You said it, boy. But I gotta warn you: this isn’t my first rodeo!

: Gotta take on Camille, eh? You ain’t gonna be acting like hot stuff for long!
: I’m well aware of Aquarion’s randomness! I won’t let my guard down!
: I’ll take that as a compliment! Now, to pay you back: suck on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3XxxVA-VFk
Both attacks in here and while we didn’t get any, Sirius also has special lines:
  • “I’ll rend any foe, no matter who it is! Nothing more, nothing less!”
  • ”When I stand on the battlefield, I do not falter!”

Camille shot down:

: This isn’t the time to be fighting like this! Why don’t you see that?!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 21, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: This golden mech…that’s Quattro of the AEUG, right?!
: I didn’t expect to be pitted against the Grendizer…!
: My apologies to Maria, but holding back against him would be fatal! I must keep my wits about me!
: He’s anticipating my attacks…?! Is this the strength of a Newtype!?

: You disappoint me, Marin…I thought I could trust the anger you felt towards the Aldebaron.
: Where do you get off saying that after slaughtering all those aliens…?!
: Even if you were ordered to do that, I’d never accept such people as allies!

: A golden MS…Lt. Quattro!
: I truly regret that things ended like this… but it’s not too late. Surrender peacefully.
: You’re better than this, Lt.! Do you actually believe Zaft’s methods are right?!
: The chairman’s chosen the shortest course to end this war. The AEUG’s simply helping make it so.
: Then we’ll stick to our own course, even if it takes longer to get there!

Quattro vs. ZEUTH #1: “Hesitating would simply be the end of me…!”

: Sorry, Lt., but if you’re gunning for me, Imma have to turn that pretty mech of yours into some gold scrap!
: So says the short-sighted outlaw. I won’t be delayed by such a man.
: You’re in for a world of hurt if you don’t take me seriously! I’ve got WAY more tricks than you can handle now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1VWx1ZvvQ

: I’m not the same as before…it matters not that I’m facing Lt. Quattro!
: Gainer’s movements are different…he’s improved this much?!
: No, there’s more to it…something’s driving him onwards?

Gainer has a line for Amuro, Quattro, Camille or Shinn: “Zaft, AEUG and the Federation are all the same!”

: Oi…I never wanted to go up against this guy.
: We can’t ignore you spreading chaos across the world any longer. Prepare yourself!
: And your plan is to remove, in the name of “order”, anything that doesn’t fit in? I’m gonna have to pass on that.
: This is my choice and I’m sticking with it, even if it means fighting you!

Gain vs. ZEUTH #2: “I know the scope of their skill but…they’re still tough customers.”

: “A good friend and a terrifying enemy”…those words suit you to a “t”, Quattro.
: I’d say the same of you, Kei.
: But I won’t hold anything back – I can’t die just yet.
: Yeesh…! This could be real dicey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cE4TPaEvhg
Kei vs. ZEUTH #2: “These are sad times…having to fight old comrades…!”

: Wha-?! He’s seeing through all my tricks?!
: How naïve, Garrod… Your instincts are fine, yes, but that alone won’t win the day in battle.
: drat, are all MS pilots with sunglasses like this?!

: Quattro, huh? Talk about a pain-in-the-rear end enemy…!
: Tell me, Holland. What is the Gekkostate’s truly after?
: Bite me! You army types are all the same!
: And I won’t let a bunch like you get in our way!
: I guess there’s no way around it... I’ll have to disable your machine!
: Let's see you try! I haven't gone all-out like this in a long time!

Roberto and Apolly shot down:

: They’re stronger than what we expected!

: drat! To think they’re this troublesome as enemies…!

: For you to choose such methods…it appears I overestimated you.
: I also failed to notice your propensity for looking down on others, Lt. Quattro.
: But I’ve decided to place my trust in these people! This is my truth and my reason for opposing you!

Roger vs. military types #1: “I will not allow men who only adhere to orders to encroach upon my freedom!”

: Th-that gold mech’s the Hyaku Shiki…Quattro!
: His style’s unpolished but also uninhibited…
: What a shame. Had you not lost your way, you could’ve been a fine rider…

: The AEUG’s gold boss, eh? Your mech’s gonna sell for a pretty penny once it’s scrapped!
: Even now, money-making’s your sole interest…? Are you really this blind to reality?!
: Reality is all about surviving! But you don’t even get that and just go about taking the lives of others – you’re the freaks here!
: Being at war doesn’t mean anything goes!

Jiron vs. ZEUTH #2: “How did things end like this?!”

: Exactly what I’d expect from a former Ace… His technique’s excellent!
: I’ve to face Lt. Quatto? I’m still too rusty to be able to stand up to him…!
: Cpt. Jamil, none of us will gain anything by continuing this battle!
: We HAVE to keep going, though! Even a superpower can’t simply remodel the world with its ego!

: We’re up against that gold mech, which means it’s Quattro!
: If you know that, then I assume you understand how foolhardy it’d be to fight me…
: Pfeh…! I can’t stand that high-and-mighty attitude of yours!
: But I'm always pumped up when I get to mess with some smug guy! Brace yourself, Lt. Shades!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJovP8Tq3YA

Quattro shot down:

: Such power…indeed, it’s dangerous to leave them at large!

: Even against Amuro, I’m still king when it comes to dogfights!
: His maneuvers are completely uninhibited… Is that what makes him so strong?
: I’m always 100% on board with what I do – best to worry about mistakes after it’s all over!
: That gullibility is exactly what’s destabilizing the world! You need to see that!

: Time to fight a legendary Ace, eh? I can’t afford to go easy on him!
: His style is rough but it is that which makes him dangerous…! I can’t lower my guard!
: Whoa, you’re giving me props? ...Let’s do this, then, Amuro! This underdog’s going for the gold!

Amuro has lines for both Garrod and Renton: “There are many places where your childish logic won’t fly!” or “I have to fight these inexperienced children…?!”

: He’s reading us like a book! Is that Amuro?!
: Enough of this, Getter Robo! Your power’s only making the world even more turbulent! Can’t you see that?
: But using your power on Zaft’s say-so will bring about world peace?! I can’t accept that!
: Our Getter exists for all of mankind! We won’t let it be used just for the Plants!

: Even Amuro’s got a new unit?! drat, they’re REALLY well off!
: There are a lot of gaps in his guard…is he trying to fake me out?
: Very nice, Newtype. You saw right through me!
: Then, I’ll just go for broke! Time to fight head-on, like always!
: I won’t shy away from that – come on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJqzkxo8SM
This attack looks coooooool!

: The hell…?! That’s guy seein’ through my attacks?!
: A career soldier like me can easily anticipate your wild moves!
: You’re a big-shot ace alright…not bad! But I really don’t care for you acting so chill around me!
: Come’ere! If you’re reading my moves, then I just need to go even crazier!

: A machine built for aerial combat? It will not best the Spazer’s speed, though!
: But I still have the upper hand in mobility! I’ll get in your blind spots and hit you directly!
: This pilot’s strength is on a wholly different level from everything I’ve fought so far…!
: Wait…is that Amuro Ray, the Federation’s White Shooting Star?!

: Gainer, is this the goal of your Exodus?!
: Lt. Amuro…
: Your freedom lets you live as you see fit…but I won’t allow it if, by doing so, you’ll sow chaos across the world!
: But all those things YOU did because of the war are OK?!
: I didn’t think you were that kind of man, Amuro!

Katz shot down:

: Urgh! People like you…people like you--!!

: To think I’d have to fight you, Cpt. Jamil…
: I’ve been searching for the meaning of Newtypes all this time.
: And committing those misdeeds was your answer?!
: I haven’t found my answer yet…! However, I do know that society is being split in half and such a place is no home for us!
: So, we will fight for our lives and for the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF4uFP_0gqk

: I had taken you as someone who fought with words. For you take such a path is…
: But there are men with whom I cannot reach an understanding even after exhausting my vocabulary.
: I, too, will take suitable action when faced with such people.
: If you can fight this shamelessly then my path is clear! This will hurt a bit!

: So the Federation’s White Shooting Star is now Zaft’s White Shooting Star. I’m afraid it doesn’t sound as good, though.
: We’re not fighting because of titles!
: Don’t you see what the world needs right now? Or is it BECAUSE you don’t that you’re able to commit those crimes?!
: There’s something you’re overlooking from atop your high horse: we all see the world from our own perspective!
: That’s when I understood: we have to put a stop to your self-righteous rampage!

: I-I have to fight Amuro…?!
: What…I sense a third presence in the Nirvash along with Renton and Eureka…
: Just what is that LFO…?

: He may not have technique but he’s full of vigor! I can’t underestimate him!
: I’m also drat angry at you people for killing others over some orders!
: Such is…war…!
: I thought you were better than this, Amuro! In the end, you’re just another of the military’s pet soldiers!

I skipped this animation by mistake but figured it was important enough to warrant a special disk playback. Actually underestimated Amuro’s damage potential and he shot Jiron down with a big crit…
Hmm…what would he do to come back from this?

: So, the Feds’ White Shooting Star has landed in Zaft’s camp!
: These people do as they wish, ignorant of their own strength…like children!
: Well, if kissing the asses of the powerful is the adult way, then I’ll take being a kid!
: And that’s why you refuse to accept reality?!
: Blah, blah, blah! We’ve come this far, so let’s just end it!
: BUT, I do have my own pride on the line, so you ain’t getting one up on me!

Holland vs. ZEUTH #2: “Doesn’t matter who we’re fighting, we HAVE to do this!”
Holland dodges: “Sorry but I can’t get dropped here!”

: The difference between our units’ sizes is enormous…! I’m done for if he gets a clean hit in!
: drat it, I can’t keep up! He’ll eventually grind me down if this keeps going…!
: I’ve fought against the Feds and their MSs a bunch of times but he’s a far bigger threat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYeQoApf0q4

Emma and Amuro shot down:

: These people don’t even see how strong they are…

: Their strength is beyond what we expected! At this rate…!

: Duke Fleed, I’ve no problem with your wide-eyed speeches…
: But words like those won’t fly with the way the world is right now!
: And that’s why you’ll unite humanity by force and eliminate all aliens?!
: There’s no other way! If you don’t like that, lend us a hand and make it better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jR3sfVqQw4
“Duke Fleed! You can't defend Earth by those means!”

: Let’s do this, Getter Robo! Time for a 3 vs. 3 fight!
: Stop, God Sigma! This isn’t the time for us to fight! Think this through!
: I was just about to tell you the same drat thing!
: Your treating the world as a playground has only been making things worse for everyone!

God Sigma vs. Getter or Aquarion: Julie “Toshiya! Be ready for them to switch forms on you!”, Toshiya “Grr! These guys are a huge pain as enemies!”

: Three against three! Let’s duke it out mano a mano!
: Get real! A sloppy team like yours doesn’t stand a chance against us!
: What was that?!
: You lot just run wild across the world, while we’re all working together for one goal! Don’t you dare bunch us all together!

Reika vs. ZEUTH:
  • What an unfortunate reunion…
  • This sorrowful battle…is it my fault, too?
  • If this can’t be avoided, I won’t hesitate…!

: Stop, Marin! Why do we have to do this?! We’re allies, aren’t we?!
: My allies are those who’ve fought and faced death alongside me in Earth’s name!
: Those who’d slaughter aliens on command are no allies of mine!
: drat it! You wanna fight us so much that you’d resort to those ridiculous lies?!
: You’re not who I thought you were, Marin! If that’s how it’s gonna be, then we’ll hit you right back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0q4-zv1UuQ
God Sigma vs. Baldios:
  • Kiraken: “Raita…! We’re coming in for real this time!”
  • Kiraken: “Sorry, Raita! But we ain’t pulling our punches!”
  • Marin: “We can’t stand down, even if it means fighting God Sigma!”
  • Marin: “I’m bringing you down, Toshiya Dan!”

: Rand, wasn’t Gunleon supposed to be a repair mech?!
: If you’re using it as a tool to spread war, then I’ve clearly misjudged you…The Crusher!
: We had our reasons for doing what we did, too, Toshiya!
: But, since you threw that name in my face, I ain’t holding back anymore!

Oh, right…what Jiron would do if he got shot down was pick up whatever else was available and jump back in!

: A man doesn’t hesitate, even against a huge enemy!
: I’ll admit that you’ve got guts…but that doesn't change what you've done!
: Is that what a man does, Jiron?! Answer me!
: I ask you the same drat thing! It might’ve been on orders but I won’t let any of you walk away after all you’ve done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyOp4wbQ6Y
I wanted an excuse to show the other Walker Machines again!
Also, God Sigma vs. ZEUTH #1: “We’re all enemies now…! There’s no choice but to fight…!”

: Tell me, Gainer: is that Exodus just sugarcoating for you having your way, screw everyone else?!
: At least I didn’t care to become an army mook, shedding innocent blood!
: You’re all a bunch of blind troublemakers while we’re out there fighting for peace! Don’t even think we’re on the same boat!
: Nothing outside your own little world matters to you…so I’ll have to force your eyes wide open!

God Sigma vs. ZEUTH #2: “Wake up! You’re all being used!”

: Pull back, Renton! You don’t have to force yourself to fight!
: I’m doing this because I want to…for Eureka and for the world!
: Enough! All that destruction just to make a quick buck…is that what you’ve been fighting for?!
: We did it just to survive, unlike you and your pointless killing!

God Sigma vs. ZEUTH #3: Julie “Yesterday’s ally is today’s enemy… it’s a harsh world we live in.”

: Sorry, Toshiya…but I’m gonna hit you straight through the gaps in your shield!
: I know all about your gun-slinging, so I just have to get in your face before you start shooting!
: I wouldn’t be called a Pro if I didn’t end battles before they reached that point. You’re mine!

: I can’t believe it…you, too, joined up with that ZEUTH?!
: It might’ve been fate at work - as is my opposing you.
: If you’ve anything to say for yourself, then let’s hear it, Negotiator! If not, put up your dukes!
: Negotiation is impossible with those who are incapable of understanding. Therefore, I’ll do this your way!

God Sigma vs. ZEUTH #4: Julie “Sorry but I’m not as sentimental as these two.”

: It's that other combined mech! Come'ere, I’ll take all three of you at once!
: I thought you were a reasonable man, Holland, but I was wrong!
: You’re just a delinquent who doesn’t give a drat about the world and I’m taking you down here and now!

Holland vs. ZEUTH #3: “Yesterday’s friend is today’s enemy! That’s how it usually goes!

: The power of the Trinity Energy…it’s certainly imposing when you’re the one facing it!
: Cpt. Jamil, I thought you were a great man…fighting the Feds while still sticking to your convictions…
: But I was way off! You’re actually a criminal AND coward who teamed up with them!

: You’ve been a real bad kid, Garrod! This has gone way past the point where we could just let you off easy!
: We only fought against people who jumped us, unlike you! You’ve been making a mess of the entire world on Zaft’s say-so!
: Bull! We told you we never got any orders, you hear me?!
: Well, if you did it on your own, then I ain’t holding back! Time for you to pay for your backstabbing!

Garrod vs. Super Robots: “Big doesn’t mean strong! Here I go!”

: You sure about this? Using the Trinity Energy, humanity’s hope, as a tool of war?
: We’re fighting evil with the God Sigma BECAUSE it’s our hope!
: And that makes people like you, who destroy just for your self-interest, our enemies!
: “Fighting evil”? What gives you the right to label people one way or the other?!
: I’ll show you that there are plenty of folks who won’t excuse what you’ve done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbquUIxaeE
“I know your tricks like the back of my hand! What a shame, eh?”

: We won’t let you get away with this! Just you wait!

: What are you doing, Ryou?! For how long are you going to ignore your mission and keep with this “merc” act?!
: We’re not fighting on anyone’s orders! Your group, though, is right in the army’s pocket! Did you hesitate even a little when they told you to do those atrocities?!
: All we’ve done was to bring an end to the war! We’ve no time to take things nice and easy like you!
: But I’ll set you straight if you’re intent on playing around all day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haONc_c0Zpc

: What would Fudou say if he saw you people now!
: We not fighting ‘cuz of pops’ orders!
: We do it to wreck everything that pisses us off and everything we’re not OK with!
: That is to say, you act on impulse! No different than children picking fights!
: I’ll beat you all into shape in Fudou’s stead!

Apollo vs. Kouji or Tetsuya: “A Mazinger, eh? Yeah, I’ll take you on!”

: Jiron, your Walker Machine stands no chance against my Great!
: Was that how you drove off all those innocent folk? By flexing your mech’s specs and the army’s power?!
: We’re fighting for the world! Can’t you wrap your head around that?!
: “For the world”, my foot! You’ve been bullying the weak and I won’t lose to people like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCwFpwVYiZ0
This kills the Trad…but at least we got to see it’s aerial missile attack!

: The opponent’s Gainer, huh? Let’s find out whether those gamer skills have a use in actual combat!
: We’re not fighting in a game; we’re in a real battlefield and people die out here!
: Do you know how much innocent blood was spilled because of your actions?!
: We’re not fighting because we like it, either, but someone has to do it!
: So you’re playing the "just following orders" card now?! People like you will never understand how harsh the REAL world is!

: What happened to that guy who vowed to get revenge against the Aldebaron, Marin?!
: Silence, Tetsuya! I’m fighting alongside my friends in the name of Earth right now!
: We’re a far cry from you lot and your one-sided “justice”!
: Well, that’s a laugh! You’ve got a big mouth for someone who just runs about like a headless chicken!

: Your ideals are far too naïve, Duke Fleed! You need a reality check!
: Trying to control all of humanity by force is not what I’d call a “realistic” strategy, either!
: All that’ll bring about is humans’ eventual destruction in a vicious cycle of hatred!
: Then we must unite humanity before that happens! And I’ll make you fall in line, even if I have to put a leash around your neck!

: His combat style is expertly trained…I can’t find a weakness!
: My comrades and I have been fighting almost daily. Self-indulging wanderers like you stand no chance against me!
: We’ve been constantly fighting, too - fighting to survive!
: I won’t be defeated by someone who’d belittle that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAB54VXRG0w

: The enemy’s the Black Southern Cross…I can’t be negligent for even a second!
: Very nice, Tetsuya. But you shouldn’t forget your pride if you’re still considering yourself a Pro.
: Or did you all actually WANT to become one of Zaft’s attack dogs?!

: You may be the combat pro but I’m the repair pro! Ain’t no way I’m losing this one!
: Good to know. Then, you can fix your own mech after Great’s done trashing it!
: Get real! You’re gonna foot the bill if you so much as scratch my Gunleon!
: You won’t best my Great and I by fighting so casually!

Rand vs.ZEUTH #2: “Ain’t no point in holding back when things are this bad! Don’t blame me if anything happens!”

: Hrm. That’s Tetsuya Tsurugi for you…there’re no gaps in his guard!
: I’m a professional fighter! Don’t even think a group of bandits like yours will be able to stand up to me!
: And does being a “pro” mean you follow any orders, no matter how downright wrong they are?!
: I ain’t giving in to people like that! Lemme show you MY fighting style!

: The Gekkostate’s leader…he’s certainly a worthy opponent!
: That loudmouth's up next, eh?! Well, I ain’t fallen enough that I’d let one of the army’s dogs get a bite on me!
: I’ve no intention of lending an ear to the boasts of an outlaw!
: You’ll feel in your bones the strength of Great Mazinger, Hero of the Skies!

: The enemy’s Kei…I’ll end this before he gets a chance to outsmart me with his mobility!
: He really doesn’t look like someone who plays around in battle…I better get serious or this’ll really suck!
: Your easygoing debauchery ends today, Kei! Let’s go!
: I may be easygoing but I’m serious about staying alive! You’re not dropping me here!

: Out of my way, Renton, Eureka! I’ve no time to waste on kids!
: I can’t, Tetsuya! We’re also part of the Gekkostate and of ZEUTH!
: I won’t show any mercy if you’re that willing to fight…! Are you still going for it, Renton?
: I told you! We’re also part of the Gekkostate!

: Seems to me that you, too, have traded your honor for money!
: I take pride in my professionalism. Unlike you, who simply abide to commands with no regard to their morality…like puppets.
: Well spoken, Negotiator! Unfortunately, I’m not soft enough that your silver tongue would make me flinch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5FjToxAZMQ
That’s some incredibly low damage for Roger…

Tetsuya shot down:

: Kch! We WILL put a stop to you when next we meet!

: I’ve no personal grudge with you but I cannot overlook Zaft’s violence…!
: Mr. Negotiator?! You started working as a merc too?!
: Please refrain from treating me as that sort of folk! Consider this as fair compensation for your insult!

: Come on, Kouji! I ain’t budging an inch, even against your Mazinger Z!
: Yeah, Rand? You wanna have to fix your mech that badly?!
: Well, lemme warn you that it's gonna take way more than a little repair job! We’re really mad over here!
: Bring it! Once your mech’s scrap, I’ll sell that super-alloy to the junkmen!

Rand vs. ZEUTH #3: “They’re some old buddies…so I’ll make this real quick!”

: I saw it all in the UN, Gainer! Was THAT your Exodus at work?!
: What are you talking about? And what about what you guys did?! Even if it’s war, there are some lines you don’t cross!
: I can’t trust any of you after you went that far!
: Still with the excuses?! You can’t just do what you want like in some game!

Gainer vs. ZEUTH #3: “Is THIS your so-called “justice”?!

: I knew it! You just couldn’t follow society’s rules, could you, Jiron?!
: I never cared about following rules that someone else picked for me! I live how I want to!
: And that means stomping all over other people’s lives and happiness?!
: Where do you get off saying that, you warmonger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjtccWSkKCc
With that Trad gone, how about we have Jiron hitch a ride in Chil’s Caprico? It also lets us see her very special cut-in (ATTACK!).
Also: “WAAAAAAAAAH~…I’m serious!” :allears:

: I thought ya were a stupid but legit guy…guess I was drat wrong there, Kouji!
: That’s my line! Did you tag along with the Feds because they waved some food in your face?!
: People don’t do stuff just to fill their bellies, you rear end!

Pierre vs. ZEUTH:
  • ”I really don’t wanna do this…but there’s no way around it if you're charging at us!”
  • ”You’re in the wrong here, so don’t blame me!”

: The Mazinger boy…!
: Black Southern Cross, do you really not care about who wins the war?
: I won’t deny that. But even I have some boundaries that I stick to.
: Having long since crossed those, you’re no comrades of mine anymore!

: Please stop, Kouji! Let us go!
: Huh?! Renton’s piloting the Nirvash?!
: We…we still don’t know what we should do…
: But we can’t stop right now! So—
: Enough excuses! I can’t just forgive what you people did, so I’ll put a stop to it!

: drat it, even the way their LFOs move are crazy!
: Oi, listen here! We might be outcasts but y'all are the crazy ones!
: You wreck anyone who disagrees with you and want us to be OK with that?!
: And you people help out anyone so long as the pay’s good! We can’t let you be anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m7tnF9pUaI

: I’m up against the Mazinger Z…I won’t do any damage if I don’t fight for real, huh?
: If you get that, then stop attacking and give up, Garrod!
: Sorry but we ain’t letting any of Zaft’s dogs bring us in!

: The enemy’s a heavily-armored Super Robot…so I’ll just aim right at its joints!
: Whoa, that’s Cpt. Jamil?!
: When did he start piloting Mobile Suits again?!

: Stop it, Kouji! Nothing good’ll come out of fighting for Zaft’s agenda!
: So I should just fight at random, is that it?!
: The conflict’s never gonna end like that!
: And that’s your reason for suppressing anyone who won’t fall in line?! I thought you were better than that, Kouji!
: If that’s what’s driving you in battle, then it’s time for a wake-up call!

: No way I’m getting through Mazinger’s armor if I don’t make all shots count… So, I’m gonna have to play for keeps, Kouji!
: Well, don’t think you’ll just have your way with me like some girl!
: I could’ve lived without that mental image… But I don’t hold back when fighting men!

: Enough is enough, Marin! You’re only making things worse for you!
: Kouji…! Would you also discriminate against me for being from S-1?!
: N-No, I--!
: Don’t even try to explain! I thought you were an honest man, someone who’d empathize with the heart of others…but I was wrong!
: I won’t tolerate anyone who’d try to exterminate others just because they come from another world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-fu6OlQW9g

: Brother…!
: Maria…it’s dangerous for you to keep working with them!
: Please, come with me! Right now!
: But…what about you, brother?! Why are you traveling with such people?!
: What happened to the proud, kind brother I knew?!

: I don’t wanna fight you, Duke Fleed! Please, do as we say!
: I cannot! Your methods will simply cause humanity to destroy everything – itself included!
: We need your power precisely to keep that from happening!
: And I will bring you in by force if that’s what it takes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVu2K-tWhg
Eeeergh…barely short of downing Maria but I had a ship finish her off:

: drat it…! None of you are who I thought you were!

: Urgh! Why won’t you try to understand?!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 21, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: So you don’t care about what happens to Earth just because you’re from S-1, is that it?!
: Excuse me?! I’ve been fighting for this very planet, Kappei!
: What have YOU done, though?! Keep letting hate lead you around and Earth'll eventually turn into an even bigger war-zone!
: Shut your mouth! How could I go easy on creeps who put bombs in people?!
: You guys gotta open your eyes! Things are too messed up on Earth for you to be playing around!

Marin vs. Zambot or King Beal: “Jin Family…I thought we’d be able to understand each other…”
Zambot vs. Baldios: “Sorry, Marin, but here I come!”

: drat it! I thought you were a really cool guy!
: I did what I had to for a reason.
: Things ended like this because you blindly followed Zaft’s orders without any clue on how the adult world is like.
: Shaddup! I’m REALLY pissed now, so you better get ready, Gain!
: I won’t worry about your age if you’re coming at me like that. Let’s go, Kappei…!

: Roger! You couldn’t make it as a Negotiator so you sold yourself off as a merc?!
: How rude…! I’m working together with them by my own free will and nothing more!
: Still a free spirit, eh? You gotta grow up some!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2dOx2gjgU4

: Kappei…I can understand your how outraged you are. But you cannot let hatred guide you in battle!
: I get it…I said some awful things to you that day and I’m sorry for that!
: But the war will never end if you guys just keep doing whatever you feel like!
: Ending the war is an important matter but simply beating your enemies won’t make it happen!
: Aaah, you huge motor-mouth! Once we win, you’re gonna shut up and help us out!

: I was wrong about you, Garrod! I thought you were just a tough guy but not evil!
: That’s my line! When I found out you’d become one of Zaft’s mooks…I just couldn’t believe it!
: Hey, don’t ya start throwing lies at my face or Imma have to rough you up!
: I’m down, if that’s what you want! Brace yourself, Zambot 3!

: drat it, Ryou! I thought you were out hunting demons, not helping out the Feds!
: You’re wrong, Kappei! That’s just the army manipulating information!
: Shaddup! We got proof and you’re still trying to lie your way outta this?! You guys’re way too crooked!
: Imma beat that evil of yours to a pulp!

Kappei vs. Getter: “Even if we’re up against the Getter, we gotta go for it!”

: Kids shouldn’t be here, Kappei! Get out or you’re gonna get hurt!
: I can’t stand guys like you, always doing whatever the hell they want!
: I’m gonna get payback for my friend – for Hamamoto! Like hell I’d let someone take me out before that!
: I’m also fighting to bring Baron back, drat it! You ain’t beating me!

: Cut it out, Kappei! You ain’t gonna be able to stop if you keep fighting aliens just for revenge!
: Shut it, old man! The hell do ya know ‘bout us?!
: They killed Hamamoto! I’ll never forgive any of the Gaizock!
: I might not know much of “hate” but I ain’t childish enough to just let you deal with that alone, Kappei!
: Ya gotta calm down or that anger’s gonna destroy you!

: Move, Kappei! You better back off if you don’t wanna get hurt!
: Shaddup! Today’s the end of the road for your rampage!
: Kappei Jin and ZEUTH will put a stop to you!
: What “ZEUTH”?! You’re all Zaft soldiers and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let you take me out!

: Come on, Gekkostate! I won’t let you do your thing anymore!
: Get real! A clueless brat like you is centuries away from taking me on!
: Shove it! You’re all bad guys and I’m putting a stop to your bunch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRRgrxurWI

: What happened to you, Kappei? You think it’s OK to attack innocent people just because someone ordered you to?!
: What are ya talking about?! We only gave the bad guys what-for!
: Unlike you, we don’t take on any job just to make a quick buck!
: “Bad guys”?! Did the army also order you to be incapable of telling right from wrong?!

Kappei vs. Gainer: “I can’t beat you at games but I will at this!”

: Ya better brace yourself, playboy! We’re gonna stop you by force if you’re going to fight back!
: Easy, Kappei. You’re being duped by the baddies.
: Shut it! Stop treating me like a kid! I’m much more grown up than some happy-go-lucky loser!
: The fact that you’re running around with all that bias shows that you ARE a kid!

: Yo, Jamil! You might've been an Ace once but you don't belong here anymore, old man!
: Still, I’ve something that I must do with my friends!
: Even if you’re an old comrade – and a kid – I’ll show no mercy if you try to stop us!

: Cut it out, Renton! I know you’re a huge fan of Holland but you can’t turn into a bad guy!
: The hell are you talking about, Kappei?! And what about everything you helped those grown-ups do?!
: You can’t use the Zambot’s power like that!
: Shove it! You’re a kid, too, so don’tcha go lecturing me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2l314zKEc

: You’ll pay for this! We WILL take you bastards down!

: Stop it, Touga! You can’t use your power for something like this!
: Gravion’s a sword and shield to protect Earth…that’s what we’re fighting for!
: So you’re saying that fighting for the Plants is the right thing to do?!
: You people bring nothing but mayhem to the battlefield so, yes, we’ll stop you!

: I don’t feel any killer intent… do you not intend to fight?
: I…what am I fighting for? For who…?
: He’s got no sense of self...is that why he didn’t hesitate when doing those things?
: If you’re neither a warrior nor a soldier…then, you’re just a puppet!

: You’ve got me beat on those fancy battle techniques BUT when it comes to spirit and guts, I’m nº1!
: Urk…this strength’s--! We can’t withstand it as we are right now…!
: What’s wrong, Touga?! You better run off if you’re not sure! I don’t like doing this, either!

: Apologies to Mizuki but I’m taking you down, Gravion!
: …!
: Hm? Something wrong with them?
: We have to fight...such is Gravion’s duty!
: You’re not going to get me by just charging at random, Touga! I have you now!

: What’s up, Touga? You’re way quieter than how you usually are in the Gravion!
: I…WE must be victorious! Anyone who’d disturb worldly peace is our enemy!
: Oh, yeah?! If that’s how you feel ‘bout me, then I ain’t holding back!
: Don’t think you’re gonna roll over us just ‘cuz you got twice the number of pilots!
: Come, Aquarion! Mizuki and Leele may be absent but I’ll fight in their stead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tXl43cIfU

: Gran Knights, please stop fighting!
: We cannot. Your existence brings chaos to the world.
: What about you, then?! Does your robot exist to do stuff like THAT?!
: Well, I won’t put up with it! People like you have no right to criticize us!

: Looks like your hardass shtick got totally wiped out by these happy-go-lucky folk, Ryou!
: Take that back, Eiji! I won’t put up with you badmouthing my friends!
: The hell’s wrong with you? You think you can talk to me as if you didn’t turn on us?!
: To arms, Getter Robo! If you’ll stand against us, then we’ll fight you for what’s just!

: Sandman was also born on another world but he’s still defending Earth!
: What?! He’s an alien too?!
: Yeah, and what have you been doing?! Been playing all over the world so much that you forgot about your revenge?!
: Shut up! I’m fighting for a much bigger cause now!
: Your group simply follows the army’s agenda, so don’t you dare think we’re the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88PNyaQjd7c
That’s a very floaty dodge for Gravion’s punches.

: Duke… it doesn’t make any difference to us that you’re an alien!
: We can fight together, so listen to us!
: If you feel that way, then why do you fight against other aliens with such hatred?!
: Doing so will only drag you deeper and deeper into conflict!
: Even so, it’s all we can do…! To fight with faith in ourselves and in the justice Sandman taught us!

: The enemy’s a pure combat mech, so I’m toast if I take my eyes off him for even a second…!
: Argh…God Gravion’s movements are sluggish without all of its pilots…!
: Looks like you’re not in top shape, Touga! Sorry but I’m gonna have to take advantage of that!

: Touga Tenkuuji…you’re hesitating?
: I won’t lose…Leele is waiting for us!
: We’re fighting for what we believe in! You won’t stop us with that level of conviction!

: Gravion is a sword and shield to protect the people…! We cannot ignore those who’d disturb order!
: Well, ain’t that nice! But you’re using that power for someone else’s agenda – that’s nothing more than pure aggression!
: People who can’t even see that ain’t got a chance against us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhhFYgWVAwA

: What’s the matter, Touga Tenkuuji? You don’t seem very motivated.
: That’s…
: Don’t listen to anything he says, Touga! Words are that guy’s weapons!
: Heh…that’s quite the good support.
: Don’tcha get all smug! If you’re friends with those guys, then we’re bringing you in too!!

: Come on, Gran Knights! Sandman may have helped us before but that’s neither here nor there anymore!
: If you insist on disrupting peace, I…WE will fight you…!
: Lemme ask you this, then: what’s this “peace” y'all talk about? To make the entire world fall in line with some country?!
: You can’t call a strict world like that “peaceful”!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJNTG6H7VU
“I’m breaking the seals, boss! Just for this moment, I am…THE CRUSHEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!”
“Don’t cry, Gunleon…I’m here for you.”

: Why…? This was was meant to defend Earth…why…

: So, at the end of the day, you just couldn’t stop being another soldier, Talia.
: I’m proud to be a member of Zaft. That’s why I’m here.
: Bring it on, then! Chained dogs like you are all bark and no bite!
: But if you’re going up against me for real, you better brace yourself!

: (Cpt. Gladys, I thank you for your consideration…)
: (But for the sake of the world, we have to go on…)
: (Cpt. Ramius…it’s come down to this, so I will face you with all I have…)
: All weapons, prepare to fire!
: The target’s the Archangel! Attack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0sAaD34bQ

: Heizaemon, I—
: It matters not what you’re going to say, Duke Fleed. We’re all simply following our own paths now.
: However, even if you won’t walk with us, you must stop cooperating with this group. Doing so will only bring chaos to this world.
: Forgive me but I refuse. I believe my goal lies down this road, so I will go on with them…!

King Beal vs. ZEUTH:
  • ”Division, prejudice, egotism, greed…is this is the result of that…?”
  • ”We’ve no choice…if we don’t attack, it’ll be the end for us.”

Generic pre-battle dialogue: posted:

: Jeez! Having to fight old friends is stressing me the hell out!
: Darling…
: Keep your head together, Mel! We’re gonna be the ones getting scrapped if we don’t go at this for real!

: Let’s do this! Make way for the BLAZING MOBILE SUIT PILOT!
: You better back off if you don’t wanna get hurt!

: If the world they want will only be created by removing all who oppose it…
: Then I will not accept it! Such a conflict will only lead to our destruction!

: Deep down, I didn’t believe you’d do such things.
: But, I WILL fight back with all I have if you’re working with Zaft to crush us!

: Today’s friend may be tomorrow’s enemy. Even if the world changes, harsh reality stays the same…!

: You blockheads! If you’re going to attack us on Zaft’s orders, then…
: Then, for our own sake, we’ll fight back!

: What the hell, guys?! It might’ve been war but there are some things you just don’t do!
: The world’s really going to get messed up if you keep that up!

: Grrr…they’re all just a bunch of soldiers following orders now!
: Y'all gonna be leaving here in stitches if ya won’t open your eyes!

: Good grief…these guys are a whole lot stronger than anything we’ve fought so far.
: That said, I won’t back down! I’m gonna give this all I’ve got until the last second!

: Huh, how about that… for whatever reason, I’m getting hyped that I gotta fight y'all!
: Let’s do this! Get a taste of my burning soul!!

: Though I’d rather not do so, I will deal with you via brute force if you’re unwilling to listen!
: Please take the time to reflect on your actions and your imprudence amidst the pain!

: If you’re fighting by following orders blindly, then I ask that you consider where the world and its future are headed!
: People who let hatred drive them onwards will fight until everything’s in ruins!

: Orders or not, how many lives were pointlessly taken by your hands?!
: You’re nothing more than enemies to me now! Get ready!

: The Getter Rays are a force of righteousness!
: If you’re planning on annexing that into Zaft’s troops, then I’ll resist with everything I have!

And, finally…

: All those people who died because of you…I’ll put their spirits to rest right now!
: …!
: Let’s end this, Freedom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1BEL1m6LNk

Kira attacking Shinn: “It’s like the Strike…!”
Shinn taking small damage from Kira: “I knew it…he’s not aiming at my cockpit!”
Shinn attacking Kira: “You killed Stella! She was going to stop and you--!”

: No, not yet! I can still fight! I HAVE to!

: What is this drive…?!
: If only…if only you weren’t there, Stella would…STELLAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
: Urgh…!

*Kira moves farther away.*

: YOU KILLED STELLA!!
: Ah…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jZo9gBYzk
Shinn: “I’m ending you here and now!!”

: Kira!

: N-no, that can’t be…Kira…!
: Heheh…hahahaha…ahahahaha…! I did it, Stella…at last…hahahaha…
: Ah…aah…
: KIRAAAAAAAAAAA!!
: Archangel, full speed to where the Freedom was shot down! We have to rescue Kira!
: Roger!
: After them! And ready the Tannhäuser en route!

*The Archangel moves to Kira’s spot, the Minerva right behind them.*

: The Minerva’s incoming!
: Shut the emergency bulkheads! Prepare to submerge!
: Target the Archangel! Start the Tannhäuser’s firing sequence!

: Primary armament bank, contact! Output safeties, released!
: Tannhäuser – FIRE!!

: What…
: Both the Freedom and Archangel were destroyed?!
: More Zaft troops are arriving!

: Rrr! Reinforcements?!
: This isn’t good...the battle thus far has left us exhausted...
: Do we have no choice but to surrender…?
: Don’t you go giving up on us, Jamil! What the hell have we been fighting for until now?!
: Was it not for the future of the world?! Wasn’t that what pushed us to get over our past and come this far?!
: Holland…
: He’s right…! I absolutely couldn’t stomach being drafted into Zaft!
: If the options are to surrender or fight until the end, I’ll take the latter!
: Don’t be so hasty, Kei…!

: Olson?!
: Follow me. You need to get out of here.
: B-but Zaft has us surrounded…
: Wait, Shaia! The Federation Army’s headed this way!!

: That’s--!
: The feds are chasing that huge ship in front!
: Using yourself as bait to draw in the Feds…the rumors didn’t do him justice.
: You honor me, Cpt. Olson. The rest is in your hands.
: Understood. I appreciate your help.
: Follow Olson, folks. We need to make a run for it!
: All units, retreat! Quickly!
: Wait, hold on! What about the Archangel?!
: Our priority now is to get everyone still in one piece outta here!
: It may seem coldhearted but there’s no other option.
: Archangel…please be OK…
: drat it, Zaft-ZEUTH! We’ll get you for this!

: Captain! The other ZEUTH’s pulling back!
: No need to pursue them. We've Federal troops right in front, too.
: All units, we’ll intercept the Federation Army. Understood?
: Now, then… how about I own up to my deeds and help clean up this mess?
: That voice…Banjou, is that you?!
: That’s right, Kappei. I came here with my Daitarn 3 to lend you guys a hand.
: Woooow! Now that’s the best backup EVER!
: Duke Fleed…he’s gone…
: Hopefully they’ll pipe down after this...
: We can’t really go back to just being friends, can we…?
: That’s up to them…IF they change their ways.
: They didn’t seem to feel bad about anything, though…
: Amuro…I understand your issues with this, but—
: We can speak more later. Right now, we need to deal with the Federation.
: (Two ZEUTHs…I wonder which of us is correct…)
: (Or, maybe, both sides have lost their way…?)

Kei thanks Olson for bailing us out and figures it’s his way of paying us back for the Chiram battle – mind, that wasn’t the ONLY reason that brought him here.
Mimsy wonders if he’s here to take Kei back to Chiram and, indeed, his nation will certainly need the singularities. Kei finds it odd, considering Olson said his orders had been changed to simply kill him.
Gainer finds it very odd that the Chiram would kill one of the Singularities needed to repair space-time but Olson quickly informs that they HAD another way of making it happen: Project D’s goal was to use the newly-developed dimensional manipulator to create an artificial dimensional quake, like that of the space-time oscillation bomb, that could stabilize the collapsing dimensional walls.

Shaia’s surprised that the Chiram’s dimensional science has advanced so far but, of course, the pivotal device is no more after Asakim destroyed it.
Rand and Mel have no idea why he’d do something like that but, regardless, Roger sees that the Project’s failure means the Chiram are back hunting for the Singularities.
Olson confirms and says THE STORM sends his compliments to Roger who, in turn, feels greatly in Banjou’s debt for dragging the Federation over in order to give us a chance to escape.
Either way, while Kei’s very thankful for today’s help, he still tells Olson that he has no intention of going back to Chiram: “There’s another way you can repay me, then. Kei…allow me to join this ZEUTH of yours,” Olson says.

Gain’s rather surprised that this soldier’s turning his back on his country but Olson doesn’t see it like that. His patriotism is still unchanged but what he can no longer accept is the idea that anyone and anything can be sacrificed in order to save Chiram.
He's been looking for someone with a better way and, unlike Kei, he doesn’t joke around with stuff like this! Kei has no issue with welcoming him aboard, proclaiming the rebirth of their “ultimate duo”, but the problem is Olson’s Nikick has really damaged due to these constant battles, so he’ll need a new ride.
Kei says he can leave it to Leeg to cook something up.

Of course, Rand finds Olson choosing to join our group simply out of his friendship with Kei to be rather amusing – he’s essentially tagging along with people who are now wanted by ALL of human society.
Ryouma still has a hard time believing Zaft would take such iron-fisted methods, sending our old allies, to reel us in. Sara’s sure the other ZEUTH was ordered to do this and had no real choice but Apollo doesn’t see that as an excuse as they could’ve disregarded those orders.
Furthermore, Sirius says that the fact that they complied to it all means they believe we’re the ones in the wrong and Jiron has no idea why considering pretty much all the battles we had were in self-defense. Yes, we had to push back Zaft in Emaan but that’s certainly not enough reason for them to be THIS mad with us.

With that in mind, Olson has some things he’d like to confirm with us. First off, did we receive a prototype weapon from the Federation back in Zonder Epta? That’s the DX which Garrod says we didn’t “receive” but actually STOLE from them.
Next, back in South Ameria, did we assassinate a Vodarac monk on Federation’s orders? Renton asks why we’d kill the guy when we took the time to rescue him from his would-be kidnappers.
Furthermore, did the Federation hire us to investigate Coralians? Of course not, especially where Holland and the Coralians are concerned.

When Jamil asks, Olson explains that all these stories about us have been circulating around the UN. Löwen and Rand are both aghast, wondering who’s been spreading all that bull about us.
Just like the Chiram footage and the Federation, add in some select photos and videos of events and you can certainly make rumors seem legit. Stoner adds that, to humans, seeing is believing and while these isolated pictures could’ve just been taken as baseless rumors, their credibility increases exponentially as you keep piling them on.

These are the UN "rumors" that Murrue mentioned to Enil and both Rand and Jamil figure those were probably why the Zaft team was so convinced that we’d taken a turn for the worst.
Of course, Mel remembers the rumors WE saw of them slaughtering aliens, attacking civilians and it’s very likely those were also stories fabricated by someone – led by those, we all ended up fighting our old friends.
Following the Feds’ propaganda, Ryouma isn’t happy that we’ve been, once again, manipulated by information…

Something strikes Gainer as odd, though: why was it that, when he looked for info on the other ZEUTH, he found none of this bad stuff about his side? Was it a simple oversight of his part? Hmm.
Considering everything we were wrong about, Benkei starts to wonder if we also might’ve been wrong about Durandal and his “master plan”. It’s possible the Archangel was also being fed false intel, too, and Hayato HAD taken Kira as being rather obstinate.
Speaking of, Michiru is worried about the Archangel team but Ryouma would like to believe that, as survivors of the previous war, they wouldn’t die that easily.

When Shaia asks, Olson say it was THE STORM who told him all about these internet shenanigans and Adette’s curious as to who is that guy. Hap has heard of him as a famous billionaire whose world-wide exploits has made him quite infamous in the underworld.
Mimsy adds that his name’s shown up in the Emaan's private networks, too: seems like the Feds’ intelligence agencies are constantly trying to keep tabs on him but he still manages to act as he sees fit.
Indeed, his name is Banjou Haran – the man who is one with the sun – as Roger describes, saying he travelled with him for a while after the liberation of Japan, and while he was aware that the guy was looking into the Federation’s activities, he didn’t think the guy’s reach would extend this far.

Banjou got in touch with Olson after he split from the Chiram and told him what was going on. When Löwen asks, though, he says even Banjou wasn’t able to figure out who it was that tried to trick both ZEUTH sides.
Elchi asks Jamil if he has any suspects but, given the list of potential enemies we have and the fact that anyone can access the UN, there may be no telling – regardless, Rand figures the guy’s a pretty wily sort to trick everyone into destroying each other and swears to kick his rear end once we find out who it is.

Holland, actually, has a guess: a schemer skilled in information warfare with a pre-existing grudge against the Gekkostate. His name is Dewey Novak, and Holland expects he's one of the ringleaders behind the Federation coup, too.
Gain ponders that a personal grudge seems a bit unlikely to motivate a plan this broad but Dewey IS a member of the Federation: reason enough to try and get the outlaw ZEUTH to destroy itself along with Zaft.

: …Ok, that’s enough.
: Huh? What's this, all of the sudden?
: Why don’t you just come out and tell them why Dewey’s actually after us?
: Talho...
: Talho, please--!
: Renton should know about it too, no? You and her have both accepted him, after all.
: What…should I know about?
: It was your father, Adroc Thurston, who started the Gekkostate’s struggles.
: My dad?
: Back then he was a military scientist. He claimed that there were other intelligent life forms living right in the shadow of our previous world, the “promised land”.
: They manifested themselves to us as the Scub Coral. So, he called them “Coralians”.
: And those Coralians are intelligent beings?!
: Wasn’t that the name of that cloud-like object from before?!
: …That’s one type of them and, at the same time, it’s also something of a gate that allows the other Coralians to appear.
: A gate for the other Coralians…
: Then, what scared Jabby back then was…
: Adroc and his team had been ordered to investigate but adverse effects, thought to have been due to the Coralian’s influence, spread among those who were working there.
: Hearing this, the military high command decided to eliminate the Coralians. Adroc opposed their decision, though.
: He was positively convinced that the Coralians were intelligent…
: So he searched for a way for us to coexist and the appearance of a humanoid Coralian only boosted his convictions…
: “Humanoid”?! So it didn’t look like that cloud-thing but like us?!
: That’s right. And that humanoid Coralian…was Eureka.
: Huh…
: Eureka’s… a Coralian…
: They finally said it...
: Yes…
: Then, Eureka…
: She’s not a human like the others, is that it…?
: And the appearance of those clouds mean that these Coralians are coming to this world…?!
: Hold on… You said that the Coralians showing up had adverse effects, so does that make them enemies of humanity?
: No… At least that’s what Adroc believed – and so do we.
: There are too many questions unanswered… just what ARE the Coralians? If they are life forms, what are they after?
: …Well, since you know this much, I might as well take you there.
: What do you have in mind?
: Y'all come along with us. We’re going to the Tresor Institute… We’ll discuss details there…

: ...No one ever asked me to keep it a secret…
: Huh...
: I needed to tell you myself... but... when I thought you’d hate me for it, I…
: I don’t really understand much of this…
: Hm…
: But… I always felt that you were special whenever I was close to you.
: Renton…
: In my eyes, you’ve been different from everyone else since day one…
: And you're still the same girl, Eureka…

I think, all things considered, this didn’t turn out too badly!
We discovered that Zaft isn’t crazy and it was actually people spreading evil memes about us, Holland’s finally going legit, we got Olson in our team and, best of all, Kira and the Archangel are gone! :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lskTKoyTBw
:dance: :coolspot: :peanut: :qfg:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 12, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yesssssss, get hosed Kira. Can't wait to see it from the other side!

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Oh Jesus so many goddamn Conversations. Like seriously holy crap so many conversations that are mostly just saying the following:
"Hey stop fighting you filthy anarchists!"
"Right back at you government nerds!!"

I'll be honest, this stage is cool, but the reason for why it happened and why the two parts of Zeuth are happening is... well I'm just weirded out that they didn't think that what was posted on the Internet was false. It feels kinda dumb.
I mean, I'm glad that we at least have Banjou who was able to see exactly what the hell was happening, but you'd think someone else would be able to put two and two together.
I'm pretty sure most of the thread realized that "Hey somebody's using the Internet for nefarious purposes."

Finally, thank you Brunom, you amazing man. You are doing god's work by translating all of this, so keep on keeping on.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
This side does a very poor job of not portraying themselves as villains. AEUG/ZAFT comes off as very logical and patient, while Gekkostate comes off as unreasonable and violent, especially Holland. It's also incredibly hypocritical for Gekkostate to constantly accuse AEUG/ZAFT of being on a high horse while also claiming that they're both objectively right in a moral sense and also willing to do anything to survive (with a dash of "We don't give a poo poo about the outcome" to boot). It really looks like there's no debate to be had.

But yeah, gently caress Kira. And thank you, Talho, for forcing the plot out for us.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Well at least some good came out of this battle.
Thank you Brunom for translating this for us.

8_Escape fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 6, 2015

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

This side does a very poor job of not portraying themselves as villains. AEUG/ZAFT comes off as very logical and patient, while Gekkostate comes off as unreasonable and violent, especially Holland. It's also incredibly hypocritical for Gekkostate to constantly accuse AEUG/ZAFT of being on a high horse while also claiming that they're both objectively right in a moral sense and also willing to do anything to survive (with a dash of "We don't give a poo poo about the outcome" to boot). It really looks like there's no debate to be had.

I don't really see it that way: the other ZEUTH comes across as high-and-mighty soldiers who've come to forcibly annex our "misguided, savage, short-sighted" troops into Zaft so that they can be pointed at the right enemy (that is, theirs).

Aside from our attack on the Chiram who kidnapped the Vodarac troops, we never struck against anyone who didn't go out of their way to attack us (our primary concern for quite a few missions was, first and foremost, have enough cash to eat!), and now Zaft shows up, demanding our surrender?

Regardless who wins the war, daily life continues and Zaft imposing their agenda on the common side of ZEUTH will, of course, warrant resistance from those who don't want to be fettered with the responsibility of being a political tool.

It also doesn't help that the (albeit transparent) internet misinformation has left both sides very unwilling to work together.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 6, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brunom1 posted:

I don't really see it that way: the other ZEUTH comes across as high-and-mighty soldiers who've come to forcibly annex our "misguided, savage, short-sighted" troops into Zaft so that they can be pointed at the right enemy (that is, theirs).

Aside from our attack on the Chiram who kidnapped the Vodarac troops, we never struck against anyone who didn't go out of their way to attack us (our primary concern for quite a few missions was, first and foremost, have enough cash to eat!), and now Zaft shows up, demanding our surrender?

Regardless who wins the war, daily life continues and Zaft imposing their agenda on the common side of ZEUTH will, of course, warrant resistance from those who don't want to be fettered with the responsibility of being a political tool.

It also doesn't help that the (albeit transparent) internet misinformation has left both sides very unwilling to work together.

I mean, I understand your interpretation, but the dialogue is literally "Please disarm" vs. "Blah blah blah!" to the point where it seems like the writers couldn't find a way to make the Kira side act reasonable at all.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm assuming that Jun and Tsugumi don't have much to say in this fight (I honestly don't know, since I rarely used them), correct?

Also, as great as this stage is, you then have to remember the sheer amount of :words: that went into this. And this is only the ZEUTH side of things.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

I mean, I understand your interpretation, but the dialogue is literally "Please disarm" vs. "Blah blah blah!" to the point where it seems like the writers couldn't find a way to make the Kira side act reasonable at all.

Oh, I'm not defending Kira at all but he's not at the crux of the matter here.

Both sides of ZEUTH are, as Camille feared, wrong in here - they both dismiss the other's argument via their preconceptions, compounded by the UN rumors.

Zaft has taken us as mercenaries at best, bandits at worst, uncaring about the status quo and the big picture, who'll help any side for the right price, and decided to forcibly annex our troops onto their forces to fight for "what is right". This is not being reasonable.

Meanwhile, my ZEUTH has dubbed the other side as unfeeling Terminators who'll do any atrocity if ordered to do so; thus, we won't listen to their criticisms as we believe it is all a ploy to further Durandal's agenda of worldly dominance. This is not being reasonable either.

By the by, you sure you're not letting your dislike for Holland influence your judgment a bit here? Even he's shown willingness to talk things out IF the other side wasn't attached to Zaft:

quote:

: If you wanna call this off, quit Zaft and THEN we’ll talk!

Conversely, even Zaft's side has shown themselves to be willing to disregard our personal liberties and free will for the benefit of (what they believe is) the greater good:

quote:

: I’ll make you fall in line, even if I have to put a leash around your neck!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm assuming that Jun and Tsugumi don't have much to say in this fight (I honestly don't know, since I rarely used them), correct?

They DO have special combat lines but I forgot to record any attack for them... :eng99:

That said, if I recorded stuff for everyone that had special lines, this would've been even bigger (even minor characters like Sara, Bello and whatnot have those).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

They DO have special combat lines but I forgot to record any attack for them... :eng99:

That said, if I recorded stuff for everyone that had special lines, this would've been even bigger (even minor characters like Sara, Bello and whatnot have those).
Oh, I completely understand. This stage is one of those "everyone and their goddamn robot has unique dialogue for everything" stages that you'd usually see for a final boss or something similar. Cutting out the B and C-listers of the team is justified.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There are some real gems in that dialogue:

quote:

: I’m well aware of Aquarion’s randomness! I won’t let my guard down!

Truly, Camille has learned what the true power of the Element System is. And then he gets stabbed by a super-extendy-sword like 6 times and sliced in half. Beautiful

Brunom1 posted:

Oh, I'm not defending Kira at all but he's not at the crux of the matter here.

Both sides of ZEUTH are, as Camille feared, wrong in here - they both dismiss the other's argument via their preconceptions, compounded by the UN rumors.

Zaft has taken us as mercenaries at best, bandits at worst, uncaring about the status quo and the big picture, who'll help any side for the right price, and decided to forcibly annex our troops onto their forces to fight for "what is right". This is not being reasonable.

Meanwhile, my ZEUTH has dubbed the other side as unfeeling Terminators who'll do any atrocity if ordered to do so; thus, we won't listen to their criticisms as we believe it is all a ploy to further Durandal's agenda of worldly dominance. This is not being reasonable either.

If only there were some person to help both ZEUTHs reasonably discuss things. Like some sort of negotiator... really dropped the ball there Roger.

: I'M SORRY THE O THUNDER IS MUCH MORE PREFERABLE TO MY JOB.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Garrod comparing Quattro and Jamil is by far the best part of this stage.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TwoPair posted:

If only there were some person to help both ZEUTHs reasonably discuss things. Like some sort of negotiator... really dropped the ball there Roger.

: I'M SORRY THE O THUNDER IS MUCH MORE PREFERABLE TO MY JOB.

As Roger himself points out in this very chapter, it's pointless to try to talk things out with people that will just not listen at all. Both sides are far too convinced on their righteousness and the other's side evil to even begin to listen, not only people who joined out of neccesity but also people who were friends in their original worlds (Kouji and Tetsuya against Duke and the Getter Team). Roger fully understands where negotiation becomes impossible, and how sometimes you have to fight to solve things, as he points out here:

Brunom1 posted:

: You’re a Negotiator and, yet, you don’t understand how wrong it is to rely on violence?!
: You insult me, youngster! I’ve always denounced violence!
: However, there are times where one has no choice but to exercise strength! That’s a wholly different matter from wanton barbarism, though!

...which I actually quoted for an entirely different reason, namely to point out that Kamille is saying that it is wrong to rely on violence. Kamille. The guy whose first reaction to anything is punching. I guess it's okay when he does it but not when someone else does it.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

As Roger himself points out in this very chapter, it's pointless to try to talk things out with people that will just not listen at all. Both sides are far too convinced on their righteousness and the other's side evil to even begin to listen, not only people who joined out of neccesity but also people who were friends in their original worlds (Kouji and Tetsuya against Duke and the Getter Team). Roger fully understands where negotiation becomes impossible, and how sometimes you have to fight to solve things, as he points out here:

...which I actually quoted for an entirely different reason, namely to point out that Kamille is saying that it is wrong to rely on violence. Kamille. The guy whose first reaction to anything is punching. I guess it's okay when he does it but not when someone else does it.

Yeah, Roger says as much to Loran: he's hoping to disable or immobilize Zaft's units to allow us a chance to explain what's what.

And Camille's been surprisingly self-controlled in this series, mostly as he tries to keep Shinn under control by example.

Over in Z3.1, one of FMP's Karate triplets does the "that's a girl's name!" thing and Camille knocks him out in one punch (asking Kaname to keep it a secret from Shinn), so he still has the temper!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

On, hey guess what?

Setsuko's version of this stage's dialogue is different! :shepface:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr Pepper posted:

On, hey guess what?

Setsuko's version of this stage's dialogue is different! :shepface:

You poor, brave, loving insane bastards.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What? You didn't think LPing one of the longer SRW games was going to be easy, did you? :colbert:

I kid, you guys are doing great work and the extra translations are very much appreciated.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I've caught up to the thread right in the middle of the most unique and interesting stage in the game. :allears:

I like how Z makes the side that had the bad luck to align themselves with Kira to look (relatively) reasonable. From this side it looks like ZAFT is just really, really mad at the Freedom and that the Freeden, Gekko, etc. are going to get rounded up and put a leash on as a secondary goal.

Not that they don't have a good reason for being mad at Kira. gently caress that guy.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

What? You didn't think LPing one of the longer SRW games was going to be easy, did you? :colbert:

I kid, you guys are doing great work and the extra translations are very much appreciated.

For comparison, this one mission was a 103 page file. You know what was also 103 pages? W's last mission WITH the full ending (not the NG+ abridged one)!

Also, the pre-battle dialogue for that one added up to 12 pages for Scientia and Sapientia Inference. This one? 37 pages. :supaburn:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Brunom1 posted:

Yeah, Roger says as much to Loran: he's hoping to disable or immobilize Zaft's units to allow us a chance to explain what's what.

And Camille's been surprisingly self-controlled in this series, mostly as he tries to keep Shinn under control by example.

Over in Z3.1, one of FMP's Karate triplets does the "that's a girl's name!" thing and Camille knocks him out in one punch (asking Kaname to keep it a secret from Shinn), so he still has the temper!

Ugh, FMP's in the Z games? :barf:
Even Code Geass is preferable to that garbage.

I guess I'll get to be in Broken Loose's shoes re: Eureka 7 if anyone ever gets around to doing 3.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
I love this stage.
Do you know why?
Because virtually every SRW has at least one series that I wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of (in this case, Gravion and Aquarion, though this LP has made me appreciate the latter somewhat).
If every SRW from now until the end of time had a DLC team vs. team stage, I would blow all of my money on them.
Even so, it still makes me sad to see all the characters I *do* like beating each other up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I feel like that entire battle could have been avoided if anyone on the ZAFT Zeuth side, anyone at all, had questioned what the other side meant by "slaughtering aliens".

It's kind of weird because in a couple of the conversations a few characters seem to realize there's some misdirection going on, but nothing comes out of it since it has to end in Shinn taking down Kira. Oh well, the concept of this stage is cool enough that it doesn't matter too much if they had to hamhand things a little.

Also it's good to see that there's still zero recognition of the DX's capabilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Also it's good to see that there's still zero recognition of the DX's capabilities.

What exactly are they ignoring about it? I haven't really watched any of the shows present in this game, and it's interesting getting info about stuff that wasn't included for whatever reason.

Also, both sides really do come off as idiots, especially since they're all just talking at each other and not even trying to listen, which is weird coming from some of the more mature and reasonable characters. Pretty much all the conversations are "your lawlessness is making the war worse" "what are you talking about? And you're slaughtering aliens" "nuh-uh" and then they fight without bothering to explain anything.

• Locked thread