Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
as hosed as that is are we really surprised that is probably happening in the Nailin family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

Sarah Palin: There’s Nothing Wrong With Sibling Molestation

Haha

Edit: If this were the media making a mountain out of a mole hill then I'd actually give her kudos for the saying the uncomfortable thing (as I've read siblings ding donging around is borderline normal) but god drat if this isn't just minimization and an attempt to sideline the real story of the parents and the confluence of religion, conservatism and creepy sex poo poo

she didn't say this

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What I don't get is they keep bringing up Lena Dunham, but didn't she get nothing but poo poo for that? I don't remember many people defending her, mostly a "What the gently caress is wrong with her?" kind of response.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

bobjr posted:

What I don't get is they keep bringing up Lena Dunham, but didn't she get nothing but poo poo for that? I don't remember many people defending her, mostly a "What the gently caress is wrong with her?" kind of response.

Because people on the left didn't literally execute her by hanging the conservatives get a free pass to accuse everyone of letting it slide.

Of course people thought what Lena did/say was hosed up. Only in a conservatives world would someone truly believe a normal person might find what happened in either case acceptable.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

frank.club posted:

she didn't say this

I looked it up and the only results were for News Examiner, Godlike Productions, and some reddit threads. That seems to suggest it's made up, but apparently the interview was only this morning so maybe the transcripts aren't up yet. Even so I can't imagine she would say something that bonkers.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah there's a limit I think

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Goddamn, I gotta join the Family Research Council

He can hump my rucksack all round Europe

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
Teach me how to Duggar

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wonder how old a Duggar child is before it can recognize and knows the names of all its siblings.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So wait, there's another show like this on TLC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMcVWRpKy8A

e: unrelated, but there's also one of those bridal shows just for fat chicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_oAzMk8ZU

This America, man.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 6, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Accretionist posted:

Sarah Palin: There’s Nothing Wrong With Sibling Molestation

Haha

Edit: If this were the media making a mountain out of a mole hill then I'd actually give her kudos for the saying the uncomfortable thing (as I've read siblings ding donging around is borderline normal) but god drat if this isn't just minimization and an attempt to sideline the real story of the parents and the confluence of religion, conservatism and creepy sex poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder how old a Duggar child is before it can recognize and knows the names of all its siblings.

Do the boys ever really recognize that the other women in the house are siblings? Do they recognize that they even human?

I think there's evidence that the answer to both those questions is no.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

At some point it's not your child so much as it is a casual acquaintance who happen to come out of your vagina.

Clochette fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 6, 2015

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
jim bobar, king of the infants

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Fiend posted:

Just *what* exactly are Kaitlyn and Nick hiding?!

They had sex. It was revealed in a preview of the season on the first episode.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

"Cluck cluck."
"Cluck cluck cluck"
"Kill me"
"Cluck cluck"
"Jim Bob"
"Cluck cluck cluck"

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

On Caladan we ruled by sea and air power. Here on Arkansas we will need Duggar power.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Arkansas...Jim Bob...Duggar Planet...

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Super Sloppy Duggar Dare.

Josh picked the Physical Challenge.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mim bob guggar

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

m

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Robotnik Nudes posted:

On Caladan we ruled by sea and air power. Here on Arkansas we will need Duggar power.

These references are all messed up.

bim job duggar is definitely the baron harkonnen but the one from the david lynch film that wants to gently caress his own offspring and is also gay

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

bobjr posted:

There were definitely Dunham defenders because I remember being disgusted by it.

Like this self-important gawker author.

I think the comparison to Josh Duggar is ridiculous but it's true there were some people bending backward to defend Lena Dunham, the brave voice of her generation.

The one single incident in that article is the most defensible one, but in her autobiography she had other troubling behaviors. She talked her sister into sitting on her lap as much as possible. She talked her sister into makeout sessions and even says she used every trick in a sexual predator's book to do so. She masturbated next to her in the bed.

I remember another author saying since her sister grew up queer, then who are we to put our cishet eyes on these sisters and judge a woman's sexual development?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The Duggars terrify even more because I am an only child. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to be a child in that family after the first few especially once the camera's came in. The youngest have literally been on camera from the moment they were born.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
God Emperor Jim Bob

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Dress without modesty, and you will attract the worm.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Amarcarts posted:

Dress without modesty, and you will attract the worm.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Anatomy class at the Duggar school must be terrifying.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

hepscat posted:

There were definitely Dunham defenders because I remember being disgusted by it.

I think the comparison to Josh Duggar is ridiculous but it's true there were some people bending backward to defend Lena Dunham, the brave voice of her generation.

The one single incident in that article is the most defensible one, but in her autobiography she had other troubling behaviors. She talked her sister into sitting on her lap as much as possible. She talked her sister into makeout sessions and even says she used every trick in a sexual predator's book to do so. She masturbated next to her in the bed.

I remember another author saying since her sister grew up queer, then who are we to put our cishet eyes on these sisters and judge a woman's sexual development?

That poo poo is loving gross, holy gently caress, was there some kind of statute of limitations that means she can't get charged for admitting all of this in her tee-hee oh so edgy memoir??

ugh, please don't molest kids, everyone!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Shaddam Bob.

josh all trying to make the qwizatz-hadderash with anything female.

Starey eyed gorgon mother,

what the gently caress is the spice in all this?

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 6, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bob Jabbar

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Quantum Finger posted:

ugh, please don't molest kids, everyone!

Well, since you asked so nicely ok.

Does anyone know the demographic this show is targeting? Are they getting their ad bucks from people viewing it as a freak show or from more sympathetic groups?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Wonder when the People Under the Stairs remake starring Jim Bob is coming out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Well, since you asked so nicely ok.

Does anyone know the demographic this show is targeting? Are they getting their ad bucks from people viewing it as a freak show or from more sympathetic groups?

Maybe they're trying to get a show on the BBC

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

hepscat posted:

Lena's sister actually defended her on Twitter. It's really loving weird.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bobjr posted:

She got tons of defense and when Slate started the Outrage of the Year thing they dismissively put it up in the most condescending way possible.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Clochette posted:

Lena's sister actually defended her on Twitter. It's really loving weird.

so if we agree to castrate all hardcore conservative christian cultists and all experimental ultra-liberal artists i think everyone would be happy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

boom boom boom posted:

inbreeding has reduced their visual cognitive ability to around the level of a cat, so they mostly just see vaguely detailed shadows and try to make assumptions from there based on whether they smell fear, sex, or both at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

He controls the 8 year old sibling, controls the world

• Locked thread