Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I can't still believe that Yohwan fell for Sangmin's trick. It was SOOOO freaking obvious Sangmin was going to backstab him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Every time they have a Payday 2 track in the background I feel bad for Simon Viklund. Dude just wants his royalties.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I just watched Season 1 Episode 1. That was unexpectedly awesome! I kind of figured that even with subs there would be still be a large divide in the context and it wouldn't be satisfying... nope! What an interesting show.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I just watched Season 1 Episode 1. That was unexpectedly awesome! I kind of figured that even with subs there would be still be a large divide in the context and it wouldn't be satisfying... nope! What an interesting show.

Don't read the thread, because after a certain point we end up openly discussing winners. Some of the best moments in the whole show are in season 1, so I'm envious you're just starting out.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think I must be a bit dense, because I do not understand this stick-throwing board game they're playing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

neither do they

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've actually suggested to people that are just starting out to just skip battle Yut Nori whenever it pops up.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I think I must be a bit dense, because I do not understand this stick-throwing board game they're playing.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90o0ai57EM&t=43s

It makes a lot more sense than the rules posted in the video.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's that old game trouble, but you throw sticks instead of rolling a die. The number of blank sticks you get moves you forward that number if sticks. No blank sticks is five moves, and one blank stick moves you back once. You can only take diagonals if you land precisely on the junction.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Do we have any ETA on the upcoming season?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Nexal posted:

Do we have any ETA on the upcoming season?

This. I cannot wait. I'm more excited about this than new GoT after a year's wait.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Late July, around the time Crime Scene ends.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Superrodan posted:

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90o0ai57EM&t=43s

It makes a lot more sense than the rules posted in the video.

I finally got how the game works when they did that guest thing in s3, but I'm glad to see it laid out so clearly. It really doesn't sound that bad once you get it, but it's not really something that should be on The Genius.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Suspicious Dish posted:

Late July, around the time Crime Scene ends.
I think this is right except late June. June 27 in fact.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=985557374790440&set=vb.845793805433465&type=2&theater

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

It's so far away... :negative:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ViggyNash posted:

I finally got how the game works when they did that guest thing in s3, but I'm glad to see it laid out so clearly. It really doesn't sound that bad once you get it, but it's not really something that should be on The Genius.
The Genius has a lot of death matches that lean pretty heavily on "try to predict what your opponent is going to do." There's the Yutnori, the Snakes and Ladders, the betting Paper Rock Scissors, even the Black and White game and Indian Poker to some degree. Those can be interesting to some degree but I don't think they're the best type of challenges.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

The Genius has a lot of death matches that lean pretty heavily on "try to predict what your opponent is going to do." There's the Yutnori, the Snakes and Ladders, the betting Paper Rock Scissors, even the Black and White game and Indian Poker to some degree. Those can be interesting to some degree but I don't think they're the best type of challenges.

I think the problem with a lot of the guessing games is that they can basically be won or lost in one move. I mean if you're consistently reading or out-bluffing your opponent then that takes skill, but if you do it once then it looks more like luck and that can make for an unsatisfying game.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This Sunggyu kid is amazing. Playing everybody like a drat fiddle with his "i'm an idiot pop star" routine. Incredible.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

This show made me an idiot Sunggyu fan

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I swear, we all fell for it. Every last one of us were made fools of. I wish more people on the show were THAT good at hiding their skill.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Yeah the only one approaching that is maybe Junghyun depending on what you think of him.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KRBUiXMv1Y
Sangmin staying out of it just as expected.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A god damned memorize-the-symbols game. What a shameful display...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

This Sunggyu kid is amazing. Playing everybody like a drat fiddle with his "i'm an idiot pop star" routine. Incredible.

Sungyu is the the best contestant The Genius will ever have and it's such a shame he's not in season 4.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zythrst posted:

Yeah the only one approaching that is maybe Junghyun depending on what you think of him.

Honestly, after her last three episodes or so, I'm almost willing to put Yeonjoo on that list too. She took apart the poker dude in that deathmatch and almost beat Dongmin - she lost to herself there, honestly. Girl was way more clever than we gave her credit for.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Dias posted:

Honestly, after her last three episodes or so, I'm almost willing to put Yeonjoo on that list too. She took apart the poker dude in that deathmatch and almost beat Dongmin - she lost to herself there, honestly. Girl was way more clever than we gave her credit for.

I think bad at main games good at death matches is a different list that she can share with Yohwan.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Neither Dongmin nor Yeonjoo had any idea how to play that railway game, both blundered pretty horrifically so i dont think you can take anything away from it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Season 2 is waaaay more brutual with its betrayals, drat.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Neither Dongmin nor Yeonjoo had any idea how to play that railway game, both blundered pretty horrifically so i dont think you can take anything away from it.

Yeonjoo knew but she just couldn't process Dongmin being that dumb.

Edit: No she screwed up earlier. Yeah she didn't know how to play that game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

NowonSA posted:

Edit: Oh, and Jinho's adventures in Prague on a fake dating trip are amazing (it's the other show Bumdidly translated). They missed a great opportunity to play at least a few seconds of Extreme Ways when he bought a game of Twister to play on the trip though, that's definitely a Genius move.
That shopping trip was hilarious

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Dias posted:

She's a lot smarter than she gives HERSELF credit for. Right up until the end she seemed to have no confidence and no faith in her own abilities.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Are there any current download links for Season 1-3?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Jamesman posted:

Are there any current download links for Season 1-3?

Try these.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I did. I didn't see any download links for season 1 or 3, and only partial DL links for season 2 hardsubs.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Use youtube-dl or equivalent?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elite posted:

She's a lot smarter than she gives HERSELF credit for. Right up until the end she seemed to have no confidence and no faith in her own abilities.

Yeah, that's true, she lost her deathmatch because she couldn't believe she hadn't hosed up. Maybe she belongs to the Yohwan list like that guy said, but she was more legit than she appeared to be. Also, stepping into the poker dude's square and cutting his sentence halfway was one of the coolest things in the whole series. You could SEE the confidence shrinking.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Crime Scene ep10's up.

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

Crime Scene ep10's up.

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen BoA on a TV show like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That was a pretty fantastic ep.

It felt really well thought-out with all of the clues subtly pointing to various different scenarios. When they started to deduce the murder method of how the victim was in the passenger seat and the murderer was trying to use it to dump the body, I was totally convinced that's how it went down. I felt like the Repairman could easily be ruled out because he wouldn't use a car he knows has cut brake lines, and the chauffeur didn't have enough motive to kill her, but it could have been any of the other three. The GPS thing really had me fooled at the end too, despite all the other evidence piled at Hani. Obviously that last bit of evidence the Detective found made it obvious it was her, but I don't know who I would've picked without that. Also, for once the audience got it completely wrong.

BoA did a great job as a guest, I hope she comes back sometime. Also, next week...Worker Kim returns!