Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote LUTR

Scum as before, and also apparently is too busy for Mafia due to a life full of buffalo stampedes and rides at Six Flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Yeah, I'm down for this. I don't need a reason.

##vote LUTR

So where were you yesterday?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

So where were you yesterday?

I don't see the need to use the forums as my personal liveblog.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I don't see the need to use the forums as my personal liveblog.

Sucks that you have no friends here I guess, but that doesn't mean you have to poo poo on people for skipping a few hours of activity when you miss basically a full day

##vote meds cure schizos

Either you're scum or you're salty over something that happened two years ago but either way you're trying to get me dunked based on logic that applies doubly to you.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

PSA IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

DEADLINE IS AT NINE FOR SOME loving REASON

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm gonna need knife puns

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i'm gonna need knife puns

I've got a pretty sharp wit, what are you looking for?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Sucks that you have no friends here I guess, but that doesn't mean you have to poo poo on people for skipping a few hours of activity when you miss basically a full day

##vote meds cure schizos

Either you're scum or you're salty over something that happened two years ago but either way you're trying to get me dunked based on logic that applies doubly to you.

:cawg:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Gulag if you stab this dude I will send you cookies irl

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Gulag if you stab this dude I will send you cookies irl

Hey, look at that, LUTR can't actually make a decent case and is resorting to injecting her personal life (again).

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hey, look at that, LUTR can't actually make a decent case and is resorting to injecting her personal life (again).

You have one page of post history that mostly consists of slapfighting with QPQ, who you then dropped your case on to vote met, who you then dropped your case on to vote me -- "I don't need a reason" -- you've been inactive and have dropped any attempt at actually playing the game outside trying to get me lynched and I have yet to see you (or anyone else) make a case on me

how's that

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wonderful.

Now let's be adults and stop bringing in personal poo poo.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been drinking for the last four hours

Vote lurt?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

yall have voted me every day, at what point are you actually gonna put a case behind it?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

cookies u say

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

cookies u say

I mean it's the third night in a row where some quick voting assclown could kill me right at deadline and I would like to actually play instead of self preservation voting so yeah cookies

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ladies and gentlemen

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do cookies prevent scurvy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote qpq

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You have one vote on you. You could put a third on QPQ and lessen your risk, instead you're trying to claim some sort of "self preservation" by throwing a protest vote against me.

It's eerily mirroring the previous couple of days where you got oddly defensive when QPQ dropped a vote on you.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

You have one vote on you. You could put a third on QPQ and lessen your risk, instead you're trying to claim some sort of "self preservation" by throwing a protest vote against me.

It's eerily mirroring the previous couple of days where you got oddly defensive when QPQ dropped a vote on you.

Voting QPQ would be self preservation
Voting you is voting scum

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Voting QPQ would be self preservation
Voting you is voting scum

:cawg:

He voted for me and makes fun of me for using the forums as my own personal Livejournal, guys, scum!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

You've done literally nothing the past two days except push a vote for someone you haven't even bothered to make a case on. If that's not scum behavior I really don't know what is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

do cookies prevent scurvy

maybe

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

betrayer i dont think you're scum but a bad thing will happen to you if you continue to be a butt

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You've done literally nothing the past two days except push a vote for someone you haven't even bothered to make a case on. If that's not scum behavior I really don't know what is.

It's really not, so I'm glad you're able to understand how you've offered nothing to the game beyond bribes and being defensive.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

betrayer i dont think you're scum but a bad thing will happen to you if you continue to be a butt

Let the record show that I'm being remarkably civil, all things considered.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Let the record show that I'm being remarkably civil, all things considered.

nah

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Guess we're the only ones here for deadline. Pinterest, Gulag, could we knife someone other than QPQ?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

for whom the knife tolls

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm reading some of QPQ's link posts more closely than I originally did and one thing I'm noticing is that all these helpful links point to filtered post histories. Even if it's a one-off link it almost always leads to a filtered post history. (One of his links actually led me to a "New Post" window.) I know it's somewhat his style to link like crazy, but to me this looks a lot like paint-by-numbers scumhunting. In other words instead of discussing conversations in context he's scanning down peoples' post histories for his cases and picking stuff out.

This has pretty radically changed my impression of his posts, some of which I liked the first time around but didn't really follow through on the links. QPQ's cases aren't really persuasive because they tend to be a review of someone's post history, like Gridlocked did for all of us, rather than a particularly convincing argument for why doing X looks scummy. They look great though because obviously if you went through and sourced all your points it means you put a lot of effort in and everyone knows effort=town right?

This is QPQ's second post of the game and it has a link in it already:

Did this observation need a source? We're on Page 3. QPQ didn't even make a joke in joke phase (scummy).

I've already talked about this post, but again, did any of these points need sources? There's not even a vote here. Was QPQ worried that we wouldn't know what he was talking about if he said "I think LUTR looks better because Ecco was suspicious of her" without him linking to the event?

This is literally just a summary of LUTR's post history with an "I don't like that" or "this is weird" to transition from one post to another. QPQ even links LUTR's jokevotes as if it's at all relevant to any sort of vote or case. Why?

How many people really read this case the first time around? Did you see all those sourced points and go "well at least QPQ put a lot of effort into this case" and glaze your eyes over? Did this post engage your brain into thinking about LUTR in a new light? Did anyone even follow any of these links?

##vote QPQ

I am not sure I understand your case, because all this really says is that I use a lot of footnotes, which has been my playstyle since time immemorial. As for the actual cases you quote, I disagree with your assessment that they are nothing more than post summaries. When "I don't like that" or think "this is weird," I find it usually pretty important to indicate what it is that I find to be suspicious or weird so that others can provide their thoughts.

To say that my posts are "literally just a summary of... post history with an "I don't like that" or "this is weird" to transition" is like saying a recipe is literally just a list of ingredients with vague directions to transition. You can not really have one without the other. Given the overall tenor of this game and the level of activity, I won't fault using copious footnotes and trying to engage with other people.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i was waiting for u.

QPQ who woulD YOU stab

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

What's your reasoning now though? Your original thing is no longer valid so give me something new.

Do cases have an expiration date? If someone puts pressure on you for making a weird vote and you subsequently unvote, are we banned from calling attention to that earlier weird behavior because "the original thing is no longer valid."

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

Do cases have an expiration date? If someone puts pressure on you for making a weird vote and you subsequently unvote, are we banned from calling attention to that earlier weird behavior because "the original thing is no longer valid."

Way to completely miss the point of the conversation.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I for real JUST noticed that Quandary adjusted the deadline time to 11 EST instead of 9 EST, I am chiller now knowing that there's still a possibility of getting some more people in here before deadline.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 6 Vote Count

QuoProQuid (3): The Ninth Layer, Opopanax, GulagDolls
Ixtlilton (1): QuoProQuid, Opopanax, Shanakin, -Shanakin, -Opopanax
Look Under The Rock (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): Look Under The Rock
GulagDolls (1): dscruffy1

ETA to deadline: 2 hours, 3 minutes

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

GulagDolls posted:

i was waiting for u.

QPQ who woulD YOU stab

To be quite candid, I would probably stab dscruffy. Have not really liked dscruffy for the entire game and his contributions are dangerously thin. I am on a mobile and cannot easily bring up his posts, but it feels like he is just punching his card every few days by mentioning people then disappearing.

Maybe also Shanakin but that is almost entirely because he is a lurker and he has missed several opportunities to increase participation.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

Explain it to me like you would an infant.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The point was that his arguments were never valid, not that something changed to make them invalid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Were you just waiting around for someone to drag you into the game?

• Locked thread