Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Opopanax posted:

It's like a staple of the mafia community though and I've been bitching about it for years

Given that days are only 24 hours long, I don't know if this is the best setting to combat this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's fair, actually. I guess brainslugs isn't an ideal format to complain with

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
I think I'm going to use this opportunity to continue to register my suspicion of Ninth.

##Vote TNL

Scruffy is going to get it either way soon enough, and that's not an unreasonable vote, but isn't terribly compelling either in my opinion.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Shanakin posted:

I think I'm going to use this opportunity to continue to register my suspicion of Ninth.

##Vote TNL

Scruffy is going to get it either way soon enough, and that's not an unreasonable vote, but isn't terribly compelling either in my opinion.

What makes you suspect TNL?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Look Under The Rock posted:

What makes you suspect TNL?

The way he keeps going after QPQ hard and then dropping him while its safe to do so. I'm not entirely sure of QPQ myself mind you.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Shanakin posted:

The way he keeps going after QPQ hard and then dropping him while its safe to do so. I'm not entirely sure of QPQ myself mind you.

Which kinda adds to the suspicion.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Shanakin posted:

...huh.

I had not really considered that. I'll have to look harder at him in context.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

I still stand by QPQ. I have said I think 9th is town and is just being zealous but at the same time the continued tunneling on QPQ is hard to ignore.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Sorry guys no flavor today because I'm 400 miles into a road trip, and have 100 more to go.

dscruffy1, sailor was been lynched

12 alive, deadline same time tomorrow.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Ninth's behaviour is suspicious regardless of the status of QPQ. You see him as being an overzealous townie, I see him as trying to obfuscate and non-commitally draw attention elsewhere.

QPQ arguments are flashy but the arguments frequently aren't much better than a lot of the one line complaints people throw around, he just puts fancy references all over the place. It's an excellent way to obfuscate and draw attention elsewhere and as he has made a reputation of making these kinds of posts, it would be an obvious tell, and a waste of a chance at misdirection if he only made these kinds of posts as a good guy.

I'm not saying he's scum, but I'm not convinced he's town is all. He throws out so many accusations on so many people, that it's hard to really say where he stands.

I mean look at this post. He doesn't even bother to accuse him of being scum or anything, just that that particular post was bad. Which it was (and not the only one at that) but it's apparently the most compellign case to vote against a guy in the whole game I believe.

QuoProQuid posted:

What is this post even saying except:
1. My vote yesterday was unimportant! Please don't look at it too hard;
2. Obvious speculation about vig:
3. No one is talking to Gulag, so I guess he is scum because?????

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

Ninth's behaviour is suspicious regardless of the status of QPQ. You see him as being an overzealous townie, I see him as trying to obfuscate and non-commitally draw attention elsewhere.

QPQ arguments are flashy but the arguments frequently aren't much better than a lot of the one line complaints people throw around, he just puts fancy references all over the place. It's an excellent way to obfuscate and draw attention elsewhere and as he has made a reputation of making these kinds of posts, it would be an obvious tell, and a waste of a chance at misdirection if he only made these kinds of posts as a good guy.

I'm not saying he's scum, but I'm not convinced he's town is all. He throws out so many accusations on so many people, that it's hard to really say where he stands.

I mean look at this post. He doesn't even bother to accuse him of being scum or anything, just that that particular post was bad. Which it was (and not the only one at that) but it's apparently the most compellign case to vote against a guy in the whole game I believe.

So you are suspicious of both of them?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

I think Ninth is scum (hence the vote). I don't know what to think about QPQ but he raises some suspicions yes.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

I still stand by QPQ.

I also don't think you're really objective about QPQ Grid. You've basically styled your posting behaviour after him, so is it any surprise you think it's fantastic?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

I also don't think you're really objective about QPQ Grid. You've basically styled your posting behaviour after him, so is it any surprise you think it's fantastic?

I stole my posting from FV thank you :colbert:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Can we get the votecount from yesterday?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
:ghost: "it's not an awful vote hurrr" :ghost:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

Can we get the votecount from yesterday?

Sorry about that! This should be it:

Day 6 Final Votecount

dscruffy1 (6): Ixtlilton, GulagDolls, CCKeane, Look Under The Rock, QuoProQuid, Gridlocked
QuoProQuid (2): The Ninth Layer, Opopanax
GulagDolls (1): dscruffy1
Look Under The Rock (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
The Ninth Layer (1): Shanakin

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

dscruffy1 posted:

:ghost: "it's not an awful vote hurrr" :ghost:

Probs should've posted more than once in the gameday. Kinda made it looks like you were scum who'd given up.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Ixtlilton posted:

Probs should've posted more than once in the gameday. Kinda made it looks like you were scum who'd given up.

:ghost: A little difficult when the turbo happens after I go to sleep. Oh well! :ghost:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I am not sure I understand your case, because all this really says is that I use a lot of footnotes, which has been my playstyle since time immemorial. As for the actual cases you quote, I disagree with your assessment that they are nothing more than post summaries. When "I don't like that" or think "this is weird," I find it usually pretty important to indicate what it is that I find to be suspicious or weird so that others can provide their thoughts.

To say that my posts are "literally just a summary of... post history with an "I don't like that" or "this is weird" to transition" is like saying a recipe is literally just a list of ingredients with vague directions to transition. You can not really have one without the other. Given the overall tenor of this game and the level of activity, I won't fault using copious footnotes and trying to engage with other people.

Again I have to ask why you feel the need to source jokevotes, or why your second post in this game has sourced links. Those links are just there to look like you're doing something.

My case on you is that you're scumhunting like scum would: a lot of visible signs that you did your homework but no real conviction in your cases and no real attempt to persuade other people to your point of view.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Shanakin posted:

I think I'm allowed to change my mind. What do you mean by I dropped QPQ when it was safe?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote LUTR

Scum as before, and also apparently is too busy for Mafia due to a life full of buffalo stampedes and rides at Six Flags.

This is a really bad post considering Betrayer was absent for an entire day and in the meantime LUTR was rallying people to play this game.

##vote The Betrayer

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is a really bad post considering Betrayer was absent for an entire day and in the meantime LUTR was rallying people to play this game.

##vote The Betrayer

It was a tongue-in-cheek response to her constant use of this thread as a Livejournal.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It had a vote with it so you were putting some muscle behind that post. And again coming in after an absence to call someone out for not playing is a pretty bad look.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

It had a vote with it so you were putting some muscle behind that post. And again coming in after an absence to call someone out for not playing is a pretty bad look.

A single vote isn't muscle until LYLO. I placed a vote on the person I felt was both scummiest (thanks to her hilarious defensiveness against one vote in previous days) and stood the most to gain from being lynched (in that she could safely go back to her incredibly busy schedule).

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

That is not how town thinks.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think I'm allowed to change my mind. What do you mean by I dropped QPQ when it was safe?

Hmm. Actually looking back after flip flopping around a lot in the first couple of days you've been a lot more consistent against him than I remembered and I find myself agreeing with some of your points.

Fair warning, there's a good chance I'll miss the lynch vote timeframe today.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

That is not how town thinks.

I'm sure if we keep saying things, they'll magically come true.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

How is it even logically plausible to say "I'm gonna vote the most active player on the game because they are too busy for mafia?"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I wasn't aware that logic was a town or scum trait.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote mcs

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm not going to be around at deadline, probably.

##vote: MCS

I'm happy with this.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 7 Vote Count

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (3): The Ninth Layer, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane

ETA to deadline: 5 hours, 52 minutes

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Dear LiveJournal, I'm gonna go see Big Trouble in Little China in the basement of a weird anarchist pizza joint, I'll be checking the thread on my phone but probably not posting a whole lot.
##vote MCS for a friendlier tomorrow

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote mcs bye

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Sunday deadlines are sad :(

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

A single vote isn't muscle until LYLO. I placed a vote on the person I felt was both scummiest (thanks to her hilarious defensiveness against one vote in previous days) and stood the most to gain from being lynched (in that she could safely go back to her incredibly busy schedule).

What you're claiming of LUTR is the exact opposite of what I've seen.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

Fair warning, there's a good chance I'll miss the lynch vote timeframe today.

Same. We are in fact going to the same event. Will try to be around for the vote though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I said yesterday (or was it day before? Days have been going fast for me) that I didn't like the way MCS said he needed "(no) reason to vote" for someone, and he has continued to tunnel with some even more silly reasons. I hate to join the :bandwagon: on this one but I won't be here for the vote line; I just realized I must bake cake for the event. ##vote MCS

Gridlocked posted:

I know this won’t make a difference at this stage but I wanna share my opinion with a ##vote MCS. As I stated in my big :words: vomit I find his “don’t need a reason to vote” stance to not be great; especially when it’s combined with tunneling on someone. Also I’m not worried we will be losing a knife over it because I believe MCS would have used in on LUTR by now if he did due to said tunneling.

Also here is my post where I voted for MCS yesterday/day before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 7 Vote Count

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (6): The Ninth Layer, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Gridlocked

ETA to deadline: 1 hour, 3 minutes

• Locked thread