Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
We got us some mana sperm whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haha sperm

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I haven't watched the episode yet but I am very disappointed with the lack of teenage sex in this show.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I hope you all enjoyed the sex scene. You can stop watching the show now, nothing more to see here.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lot of cute Rin faces, episode well spent.

Huh, mana dolphins aside, using this as an opportunity for Shirou and the audience to see Rin's flashbacks is kinda okay.

edit; GOOD LORD SHINJI

Compendium fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 6, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rin...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

rin has, quite frankly, been too much tsun and not enough dere in this adaptation. ufotable has let me down

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Look, was there steamy sex or not?

Edit: WHAT A TEASE

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 6, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Yeah making Rin a jerk 100% of the time is kind of dumb.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That was the most dissapointing sex scene since Demolition Man.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That was awkward to watch even without sex.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Shneak posted:

That was awkward to watch even without sex.

That's a pretty valid description of Unlimited Blade Works in general.

And its audience.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
And that was the last breather episode of the show. The action resumes next episode , as we're heading stright for the end. Honestly, the pacing of UBW is kinda weird, because the finale has already happened. Shirou's had his fight with Archer, overcome alll his weaknesses and doubts, and triumphed. So although Gilgamesh is obviously a final boss, everything that's coming up is nothing more than a cleanup.

Anyways, coming up next Saturday: "Beauties of Nature".

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I expect full dissertations explaining the social commentary inherent in dolphins to be handed in by Monday.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I feel terrible for posting this, but someone has to do it.

Hey baby, let's enter a state of deep rapport. :mrgw:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like how one episode of UBW is able to start and complete Saber's entire character arc from Fate.

hakkart
Jul 22, 2011

by exmarx

Nate RFB posted:

I like how one episode of UBW is able to start and complete Saber's entire character arc from Fate.

There is a reason the Fate arc has never been revisited. Oddly, that reason is not DEEN.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
More gifs, more Rin, more problems

bonus; okay this gif of Saber is just downright "Aw."

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

We need more of this Rin.

quote:

And less of this Rin.

What a tease.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rin is perfect how she is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode was a good breather with good Rin and Shiro stuff. I liked the flashback a lot too. Show her being nice too, holy poo poo. Rin is like one of the only tsundere characters I can think of that is pretty even on how often she is kind to Shiro as she is mean and they didn't show that enough in one of the most important episodes for it.

That being said was still good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This was less awful than the past few episodes. Still it was funny that when they were discussing Gil none of them considered that he was going to DESTROY MANKIND. No, Rin, avenging Archer is rather low down the list of priorities right now.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

if i was going to fight a psycho that killed my close friend i'd be focusing on that instead of a concept as vague as "destroying mankind"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

You mean the temporary form of an indestructible and immortal spirit she met about a week ago, that just previously handed her off to a rapist? Ilya had a better case for wanting vengeance in the Fate route. Again, it's not like they mentioned the vengeance thing in addition to saving the world, it just seems like they've entirely forgotten what the stakes are.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

There is an lp of Fate/Stay Night in the archive. Maybe I should read it but eh

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

littleorv posted:

There is an lp of Fate/Stay Night in the archive. Maybe I should read it but eh

On the one hand, yeah, it's all there so you don't have to download the game and dump hours into it yourself, but on the other hand, the LPer's commentary is hit or miss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

You mean the temporary form of an indestructible and immortal spirit she met about a week ago, that just previously handed her off to a rapist? Ilya had a better case for wanting vengeance in the Fate route. Again, it's not like they mentioned the vengeance thing in addition to saving the world, it just seems like they've entirely forgotten what the stakes are.

No one had to mention anything because it's pretty loving obvious. Rin and Shiro both have a personal stake in it now because Archer was someone that meant something to both of them whether it be bad or good. I understand you're trying to be coy and contrarian, but this is a pretty stupid example. There are like three other things that happened in this span of time you could be nitpicky about, but this is not one of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Going from presumably Fate/Zero (Anime) to UBW (Anime) to Fate (VN) would make for a pretty weird experience at this point.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Compendium posted:

On the one hand, yeah, it's all there so you don't have to download the game and dump hours into it yourself, but on the other hand, the LPer's commentary is hit or miss.

Great thing about screen shot lp's is that I can skip lovely commentary.

Great thing about screen shot lp's of VN's is that I don't have to wait for the text crawl.

But still, eh. I could probably read a grown up book in the time I spent reading that (but I won't).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Going from presumably Fate/Zero (Anime) to UBW (Anime) to Fate (VN) would make for a pretty weird experience at this point.

It would, but it could make for a pretty unique perspective. That being said this series' media is pretty schizophrenic in how it's delivered and a translation for the Vita port would probably help it a lot.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Fangz posted:

This was less awful than the past few episodes. Still it was funny that when they were discussing Gil none of them considered that he was going to DESTROY MANKIND. No, Rin, avenging Archer is rather low down the list of priorities right now.

They specifically mentioned this too, the "Grail had to be destroyed" portion of the conversation.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
This show is so lame, do people actually think this is better than F/Z?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Aumanor posted:

And that was the last breather episode of the show. The action resumes next episode , as we're heading stright for the end. Honestly, the pacing of UBW is kinda weird, because the finale has already happened. Shirou's had his fight with Archer, overcome alll his weaknesses and doubts, and triumphed. So although Gilgamesh is obviously a final boss, everything that's coming up is nothing more than a cleanup.

Anyways, coming up next Saturday: "Beauties of Nature".
I mean, you do know there's an entire model of literary critique based around that idea, right? (As in, climax and resolution occurs far before the literal ending of a story and the rest of the story is clean up from that climax and resolution) It's not weird at all, it's just a consequence of looking at one of the many ways you can look at stories.

Beef Waifu posted:

It would, but it could make for a pretty unique perspective. That being said this series' media is pretty schizophrenic in how it's delivered and a translation for the Vita port would probably help it a lot.
Unique perspective certainly, but if these threads have taught me anything I'm not sure I like how this "unique perspective" turns out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Razzled posted:

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Razzled posted:

I enjoy it but I liked F/Z more. It's a pretty good followup.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like all Fate stuff, if I only liked F/Z I'd be as miserable as Kiritsugu. (god I rag on him so much, I really don't dislike him honest)

That aside, I do think F/Z works better as a cohesive narrative because it was just a straight up novel in the first place and I do like the Master/Servant dynamics in it since UBW doesn't have it that much. UBW up to this point has rough spots. When it's good it's good, when it's lame, it's lame.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
That was probably the most tasteful way to handful that particular point in the story. I imagine Shirou's battle with Gilgamesh will happen over episode 23 and at least the first half of 24. I can't imagine much time needs to be spent on the epilogue.

By the way, Compendium, I'm a bit curious. What was your introduction to the Fate series, anyway? Did you get into it because of zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

UBW's uneven compared to Fate/Zero in terms of quality and people were already foretelling a lot of F/Z fans were going to be disappointed with it, especially since F/Z is nonindicative of the entire Fate franchise as a whole so going in expecting more of that is just a road to even more disappointment. The people who were excited about it were mostly hoping to get a cool adaptation of a part of a visual novel they like. Which is what this is.

So to seriously to answer your question:

No.

• Locked thread