Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol i just saw about a minute of the fox news exclusive duggar interview and jim bob says maybe this wouldn't have happened if only he'd trained his son harder

his words, not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
parenting 101: always make it clear that it is NOT okay to gently caress your siblings

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

lol i just saw about a minute of the fox news exclusive duggar interview and jim bob says maybe this wouldn't have happened if only he'd trained his son harder

his words, not mine

My father never actually had to train me to not molest and rape 5 year olds.
There but for the grace of God go I, I guess.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

Do It Once Right posted:

My father never actually had to train me to not molest and rape 5 year olds.
There but for the grace of God go I, I guess.

check your loving privilege

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

solo humping pro posted:

oops i accidentally banged my sister

You say that as a joke but if you slip and fall in that house there's probably a decent chance of that happening.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

bobjr posted:

You say that as a joke but if you slip and fall in that house there's probably a decent chance of that happening.

so says bobjr

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

solo humping pro posted:

parenting 101: always make it clear that it is NOT okay to gently caress your siblings

Thou shall not mow thy daddy's lawn.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given that the older daughter is refusing to 'court', (in order to protect the younger girls, or because she is gay, or for whatever else reason), I am wondering what happens to 'old maids' in this community.

What happens to the girls that grow older than marrying age but don't find someone to subjugate themselves to totally? Do they have to stay with their parents for eternity?

Also with the boys. Are they allowed to move out and get a job etc. if they don't get betrothed?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'd be down for a loveless, perfunctory marriage filled with cold, mechanical sex. Think they'd sell her to atheist for three goats?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jim

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Michelle.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

very symbolic

the last fertile egg within michelle cowers in teror as the swarming hordes of jim bob semen menace forward

"god commands it"

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

And who can go against the will of God?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

How did this get skipped over???

:golfclap:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

Given that the older daughter is refusing to 'court', (in order to protect the younger girls, or because she is gay, or for whatever else reason), I am wondering what happens to 'old maids' in this community.

What happens to the girls that grow older than marrying age but don't find someone to subjugate themselves to totally? Do they have to stay with their parents for eternity?

Probably the same sort of thing that happens to old maids and maiden aunts in most "traditional" communities. Once most of her siblings are grown and out of the home, she is likely to work as a floater helping out whenever there is a crisis or death in one of her siblings' families. She can do housework, child care, teaching and basic medical support in return for food, shelter, and second hand clothing. Eventually her parents will become infirm and since she isn't busy with a family of her own, she'll be expected to be the one to care for them until their deaths.

If she manages to break free from the family but still has no education and no certification of skills her best bet might be to get a job in a church or christian school as a secretary or assistant. It is after all the duty of the church to take care of widows and orphans by providing them with menial work. If she has the charisma and writing skills there is a slim chance of getting work as a writer and speaker either for or against the quiverfull movement, but that's not something you can count on. If none of that pans out she's looking at retail, hospitality or food service, just like all the other uneducated poors with no connections.

:shrug:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They're called stay at home daughters for a reason. They stay in the home of their fathers until another man can take authority over them, because according to gothard the man of the house is literally God

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

They're called stay at home daughters for a reason. They stay in the home of their fathers until another man can take authority over them, because according to gothard the man of the house is literally God

What's it like to grow up in a household where you are a groomed god-king for the future of all Good Christianity?

Ooh, the Learning Channel will teach us such a thing.

Thank you - The Learning Channel

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I would like to acknowledge THE LEARNING CHANNEL for bringing us this series of rapes of 5 year olds.
That is a thing they and their staff did - 5 year olds being penetrated for ratings and ad revenue.

I would like to take this post to acknowledge that a commercial business had staff of normal adults which smelled the rapes from a mile away, yet did nothing to protect half-a-score of children from the gross negligence of two horrible parents.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

*sideshow bob walking into rakes but with duggar daughters*

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
Joshux (War Boy): I touch, I pray, I touch again! WITNESS ME

Immortan Jim Bob: MEDIOCRE

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus is the light!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vacation Tenzin posted:

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus is the light!

:eyepop:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jøm Båb Dæggar

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the females must be defended from their male siblings lest they breed

I'm pretty sure the only reason Michelle or JB feel this way is because it would be political suicide to endorse incest.

EgoEgress posted:

how does tlc manage to keep getting hit shows with child molester skeletons in the closet

It's not like TLC has some bar they hold up when choosing shows. I mean who didn't see something hosed up out of a show about families that gently caress like rabbits and basically control their kids lives like a cult, or a show about some butter troll kid that does pageants with a mother as ugly as she is fat with a sugar daddy she leaches off of?

If you seriously thought neither of these shows were going to end with some hosed up poo poo from a closet, you must live under a rock
Kinda like watching Cops and being surprised they arrested a black man or some shitstain of a human redneck for domestic disputes

Holy gently caress...no more coffee for you...goddamn, she's like the real life version of :stare:

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 7, 2015

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

katlington posted:

witcher 3 dlc: into the duggarsden

Would it be like Five Nights at Freddy's? You spend the whole game fending off the duggar boys at night with a combination of bibles and trucker awake pills to stave off sleep?

Accretionist posted:

Sarah Palin: There’s Nothing Wrong With Sibling Molestation

Haha

Edit: If this were the media making a mountain out of a mole hill then I'd actually give her kudos for the saying the uncomfortable thing (as I've read siblings ding donging around is borderline normal) but god drat if this isn't just minimization and an attempt to sideline the real story of the parents and the confluence of religion, conservatism and creepy sex poo poo

Lol, yeah, but at no time did my mind ever wander to "I should touch my sister/mother". It always seemed to center around wanting to gently caress those underwear models in magazines or that big titted girl in band class

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 7, 2015

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Frackie Robinson posted:

I can't imagine waking up one morning to have the whole internet asking me about some poo poo I did when I was 14.

That's because you didn't grope your sister's lady parts.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

ErichZahn posted:

That's because you didn't grope your sister's lady parts.

How can we know that for sure.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

[quote="Robotnik Nudes" post="446236953"]
On Caladan we ruled by sea and air power. Here on Arkansas we will need Duggar power.
[/quote

lol

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Jim Bob's 40,000 [grandkids]

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Duggars.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Jim Bob Tight Pants

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Robotnik Nudes posted:

On Caladan we ruled by sea and air power. Here on Arkansas we will need Duggar power.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Arkansas...Jim Bob...Duggar Planet...

Shroud posted:

Touching is the little-sister that brings total incarceration.
:captainpop:

Vacation Tenzin posted:

:vince:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The White Dragon posted:

his words, not mine

that's almost certainly speaking in terms of "To Train Up A Child" the book that told them to put the kid on a blanket and beat them with a rod if they try to crawl off of it. To teach them obedience and humility before god. or some poo poo.

basically "I didn't hit him hard enough. Now look!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

When your victims refer to you molesting them as "sly" that's hosed up

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
oh you cunning boy you caught me sleeping again! what a hoot!

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

boom boom boom posted:

Goddamn, I gotta join the Family Research Council

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When your victims refer to you molesting them as "sly" that's hosed up

"Fair do's, I have to doff my hat and give fair props for the way he was poking his penis into the side of my leg"

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” was shut down after photos surfaced that showed star Mama June spending time with an ex-boyfriend who served time for molesting her daughter.

Discovery Channel’s “Sons of Guns” was cancelled when star Will Hayden was arrested for aggravated rape of a minor, who family members have publicly identified as his own daughter. Later, his older daughter and former costar Stephanie Ford claimed her father had molested her when she was younger as well.

A mother who appeared on TLC's "Cheer Perfection” pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree sexual assault and engaging a child in sexually explicit conduct. Andrea Clevenger received two 10-year prison sentences and two 10-year suspended sentences for her sexual encounters with a 13-year-old boy. The show was canceled shortly after her arrest.

A former “Cake Boss” cast member, star Buddy Valastro’s brother-in-law, is currently serving nine years in prison for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl in New Jersey. In Jan. 2015, TLC announced “Cake Boss” had been renewed for at least two more seasons.

Discovery Communications did not respond to FOX411’s inquiries regarding the vetting process their reality stars go through.

Vetting process? lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Do It Once Right posted:

I would like to acknowledge THE LEARNING CHANNEL for bringing us this series of rapes of 5 year olds.
That is a thing they and their staff did - 5 year olds being penetrated for ratings and ad revenue.

I would like to take this post to acknowledge that a commercial business had staff of normal adults which smelled the rapes from a mile away, yet did nothing to protect half-a-score of children from the gross negligence of two horrible parents.

Actually if I understand the time line correctly this happened before the show was on the air

• Locked thread