Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

El Hefe posted:

I hope the US DOJ puts Bernie and Jean Toad in prison and F1 ceases to exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Well that was 2 hours of my life I'm not getting back

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Glad I didn't watch the race until the end.
Although it's nice to see Bottas on the stage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mrfart posted:

I thought Hamilton was kidding when he said you somethings see beavers on the track. But nope, that was a beaver. Glad nobody hit it.

I thought it was a gopher. Stupid thing was blocking the racing line anyway, they should have given it waved blues.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

lmao alonso: https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/607641858395787265

they must have some brawn rear end poo poo planned for 2016, otherwise i don't understand how both of them can be so chill about this

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

be nice wicka posted:

lmao alonso: https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/607641858395787265

they must have some brawn rear end poo poo planned for 2016, otherwise i don't understand how both of them can be so chill about this

he's not chill at all

over the radio he screamed at his engineer when asked to save fuel

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

he's not chill at all

so did p much everyone who was told to save fuel

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

be nice wicka posted:

so did p much everyone who was told to save fuel

he literally said "I don't want to keep driving like this, I look like an amateur"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That wasn't screaming, come on.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I was excited to watch Vettel go through the field to finish 5th. What's wrong with me?

:ohdear:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

krushgroove posted:

That wasn't screaming, come on.

right, he said "I DON'T WANT TO KEEP DRIVING LIKE THIS, I LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR!"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Really, you should be happy there's signs of life in the old boy still.

Residency Evil posted:

I was excited to watch Vettel go through the field to finish 5th. What's wrong with me?

Nothing, it was great to watch and he's a great driver.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Residency Evil posted:

:ohdear:

krushgroove posted:

Nothing, it was great to watch and he's a great driver.

Likewise, Vettel was probably the highlight of the race for me. I feel dirty admitting that but my tolerance for drivers changes from season to season. I got enough schadenfreude from Vettel's 2014 season, certainly enough to give him a clean slate this year.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

I hope the US DOJ puts Bernie and Jean Toad in prison and F1 ceases to exist

Not going to happen, Blatter drives like an amateur compared to Bernie

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The Canadian GP can be boring as heck. Who knew?!?

This time last year we had already had two really good races in Bahrain and Canada. This year only Malaysia was surprising (and not especially good) and it was loving Vettel who won it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

El Hefe posted:

he's not chill at all

To be fair he's put up with consistently poo poo cars since the beginning of 2012 with minimal complaining. I'm sure pretty much anything would've made him snap at that point.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair he's put up with consistently poo poo cars since the beginning of 2012 with minimal complaining. I'm sure pretty much anything would've made him snap at that point.

Doesn't even sound like he snapped, it was more a cleverly phrased response that he knew would be aired, he's pretty good at it

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
really if you think Alonso is "chill" with hanging out at the back of the grid and retiring every race right on the prime of his career then you really don't understand the mentality of an F1 champion

he's just putting up a face so this doesn't turn into a repeat of 2007

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I want Honda to actually deliver soon on a real car, but that doesn't seem very likely. I have no idea how much off season development will be able to do, but next season maybe they can at least finish races.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

really if you think Alonso is "chill" with hanging out at the back of the grid and retiring every race right on the prime of his career then you really don't understand the mentality of an F1 champion

he's just putting up a face so this doesn't turn into a repeat of 2007

He is seeing the bigger picture, there was never any instawin going to McLaren

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

ATP_Power posted:

I want Honda to actually deliver soon on a real car, but that doesn't seem very likely. I have no idea how much off season development will be able to do, but next season maybe they can at least finish races.

at most they can hope to get consistently in the points in 2017 with a few podiums if they are lucky

but unless there's another change in the regulations Mercedes are going to keep dominating

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

djssniper posted:

He is seeing the bigger picture, there was never any instawin going to McLaren

what big picture? he'll be 36-37 by the time McLaren might give him a somewhat good car

they are definitely not going to be anywhere near Mercedes next season either

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

what big picture? he'll be 36-37 by the time McLaren might give him a somewhat good car

they are definitely not going to be anywhere near Mercedes next season either

Yeah, why bother.. might as well pack up and go home

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the big picture is that no one but mercedes can offer him a title-winning car and they're not going to have an open seat any time soon. he's literally ricky bobby at this stage of his career, nothing but winning matters. he burned all his bridges at ferrari and mclaren are clearly the next best option in the long term. they have more money and better facilities than williams or red bull, even considering their almost complete lack of sponsorship.

i really don't know what is confusing about this

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

the big picture is that no one but mercedes can offer him a title-winning car and they're not going to have an open seat any time soon. he's literally ricky bobby at this stage of his career, nothing but winning matters. he burned all his bridges at ferrari and mclaren are clearly the next best option in the long term. they have more money and better facilities than williams or red bull, even considering their almost complete lack of sponsorship.

i really don't know what is confusing about this

Nothing confusing, just a differance of opinion if you can grasp that

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I honestly think it was more Ferrari firing him than him quitting

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
‏@F1Racing_mag: Maldonado's seventh place in #CanadianGP means only three full-time drivers have yet to score in 2015: Merhi, Stevens... and Alonso #F1

:buddy:

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

I honestly think it was more Ferrari firing him than him quitting

I don't think it's a big secret that Vettle had a contract and he (alonso) wanted to move, Ferrari cost him that 3rd WDC, and I think he's been pissed since

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

Nothing confusing, just a differance of opinion if you can grasp that

but how? you literally cannot disagree if we live in the same objective reality. mclaren was the only option for him in F1.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
McLaren was the only option if all he wanted was getting a paycheck

he's never ever going to win a WDC with McLaren of that I'm sure

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

but how? you literally cannot disagree if we live in the same objective reality. mclaren was the only option for him in F1.

I really don't know, if you were an acclompished driver as Alonso why would you go without his knowledge of what's going on there? You're implying he's an idiot for doing so

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

I really don't know, if you were an acclompished driver as Alonso why would you go without his knowledge of what's going on there? You're implying he's an idiot for doing so

he knew it was a project, dude. i'm not implying anything. maybe he didn't expect it would be quite this bad, but he knew full well he wouldn't be winning 2015. that, again, has been made clear many times. you're just not paying attention. it's almost as if you don't even watch f1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

McLaren was the only option if all he wanted was getting a paycheck

he's never ever going to win a WDC with McLaren of that I'm sure

well he couldn't go to mercedes, he couldn't stay at ferrari, and no one else looks close to winning races anytime soon. mclaren have the most money and the most talent behind them. again, i just don't see where the confusion is. if you think williams are going to win a title you're kidding yourself. red bull haven't hired someone from outside of their young driver program since webber. there's really only one option, and that's to hope mclaren can turn it around within like five years, and the only person who would say that's outright impossible is a person who has never watched F1.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

he knew it was a project, dude. i'm not implying anything. maybe he didn't expect it would be quite this bad, but he knew full well he wouldn't be winning 2015. that, again, has been made clear many times. you're just not paying attention. it's almost as if you don't even watch f1.

Ok you're not seeing the point, lets drop it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

Ok you're not seeing the point, lets drop it

no thanks, tell me what the point is

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

be nice wicka posted:

well he couldn't go to mercedes, he couldn't stay at ferrari, and no one else looks close to winning races anytime soon. mclaren have the most money and the most talent behind them. again, i just don't see where the confusion is. if you think williams are going to win a title you're kidding yourself. red bull haven't hired someone from outside of their young driver program since webber. there's really only one option, and that's to hope mclaren can turn it around within like five years, and the only person who would say that's outright impossible is a person who has never watched F1.

yes that's all true but the only reason he's driving for McLaren is because they were willing to pay him #megabucks and to stay in F1 for the ridiculously small chance of getting a Mercedes drive in the near future

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

Really? if you don't see my point, what the hell are you countering?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

be nice wicka posted:

Mclaren was a long shot but I don't get why he didn't go to Mercedes in 2012, that was the watershed moment where it was pretty loving clear that his relationship with the team deteriorated and they weren't able to deliver a competitive car. He must've been the only one who didn't realize Ferrari wouldn't allow the perception of a driver hauling their shitbox close to championship wins wasn't sustainable.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

be nice wicka posted:

be nice wicka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He couldnt have gone to mercedes, not with Lewis there. Theres no way he'd want a repeat of 2007. Alonso had one choice and that was Mclaren or not be in F1 this season.

• Locked thread