Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Mnemosyne posted:

The tactic of always keeping the boy children separate from the girl children really does nothing to prevent or address same-sex molestation. I kind of wonder if it's ever even entered the Duggars' minds that that could be a possibility?

In the recent interview, Jim Bob said something along the lines of "when he confessed the third time we really became concerned he might, you know, do it to the boys next time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SERPUS posted:

Well, in her defense, it was a 50% off sale.

welp

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Jonny 290 posted:

BTW they did the lovely "wait for the kids to leave the house" thing. youngest one just turned 18, theyve been publicly miserable for years tho

If that's the worst thing they've done to their kids they're loving angels compared to their fellow reality TV families.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that you just listed 3 of the professions with the highest proportion of paedophiles in them.

better homeschool i guess

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

CrowdControl posted:

In the recent interview, Jim Bob said something along the lines of "when he confessed the third time we really became concerned he might, you know, do it to the boys next time."

loving :laffo: molesting his sisters? That's ok. touch the boys? Jim Bob didn't raise no human being

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

under lock and key since the honey is only meant for dad

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Prayer cleanses the soul, Pain cleanses the body.

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

etalian posted:

under lock and key since the honey is only meant for dad

'We don't let boys babysit,' Michelle said. 'They don't play hide and seek together. Little ones don't sit on big boys' lap, people we don't know, or even family members, unless it's your daddy.'

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

CrowdControl posted:

No I think he said "we thought he was on the mend" or something but people misheard mend as men

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody make a joke about a rape-proof Groverhaus.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

etalian posted:

Reality shows also probably cast people because they are horrible and dysfunctional.

A show in which everyone is nice and polite to each other sure would interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oc85rAyNhzY

Jeff Ref

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Casimir Radon posted:

Somebody make a joke about a rape-proof Groverhaus.
load-blocking drywall?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

XMNN posted:

load-blocking drywall?

wow

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

A show in which everyone is nice and polite to each other sure would interesting

You just described the Duggars (pre-2015 season).

The 'horrible families do reality TV' hypothesis still passing peer review.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 8, 2015

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Yawgmoth posted:

Bob for the bob god, jim for the jim throne.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Krispy Kareem posted:

I think it's more like basic cable reality shows attract the worst kinds of people. Most well adjusted people wouldn't put their families through a network reality show. Think what kind of person you have to be to do it for basic cable money. Either you have an agenda jimbob or you're just hosed in the head jimbob.

A friend of mine received an offer for a show from Discovery and while they could have really used the money and the exposure for what they do, they said no way in hell.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
It is the 21st Millennium. For more than thirty years Jim Bob has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Arkansas. He is the master of the Duggars by the will of God and master of a million churches by the might of his inexhaustible children. He is a rotting carcass writhing with power from the Dark Age of TLC. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Duggars for whom a thousand liberals are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, Jim Bob continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty mobility scooters cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Internet, the only route between distant inbred rednecks, their way lit by pedobear, the psychic manifestation of Jim Bob's will. Vast facebook trolls give battle in His name on uncounted forums. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the fundies, brainwashed super-zealots. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Fox News team and countless church congregations, the ever-vigilant Gothard Institute and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Huckabee to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from liberals, heretics, homosexuals -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark Arkansas there is only Jim Bob. There is no peace amongst the farms, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Nielsen ratings.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

CrowdControl posted:

you gotta have standards. in case these standards are rear end backwards and horrifying.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SteveVizsla posted:

A friend of mine received an offer for a show from Discovery and while they could have really used the money and the exposure for what they do, they said no way in hell.

What was his mental illness?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Blue Train posted:

'We don't let boys babysit,' Michelle said. 'They don't play hide and seek together. Little ones don't sit on big boys' lap, people we don't know, or even family members, unless it's your daddy.'

This is a real quote BTW.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SteveVizsla posted:

whats so fundamentally broken about your friend that discovery was interested in doing a show?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shroud posted:

It is the 21st Millennium. For more than thirty years Jim Bob has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Arkansas. He is the master of the Duggars by the will of God and master of a million churches by the might of his inexhaustible children. He is a rotting carcass writhing with power from the Dark Age of TLC. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Duggars for whom a thousand liberals are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, Jim Bob continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty mobility scooters cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Internet, the only route between distant inbred rednecks, their way lit by pedobear, the psychic manifestation of Jim Bob's will. Vast facebook trolls give battle in His name on uncounted forums. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the fundies, brainwashed super-zealots. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Fox News team and countless church congregations, the ever-vigilant Gothard Institute and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Huckabee to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from liberals, heretics, homosexuals -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark Arkansas there is only Jim Bob. There is no peace amongst the farms, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Nielsen ratings.

:pusheen:

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

SteveVizsla posted:

You shouldn't hang out with pedophiles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Would Josh Duggar molest Meg Griffin?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

spacemang_spliff posted:

"We don't let our kids play hide-and-seek because they might start loving eachother"

Yes have 19 kids is natural and beautiful and is As God Intended

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

spacemang_spliff posted:

That's how you should raise your kids if you want them to rape each other

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

shiksa posted:

whats so fundamentally broken about your friend that discovery was interested in doing a show?

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
what if Josh Duggar could turn invisible and walk through walls :whitewater:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Whatev posted:

show would be called 24 or 30 and counting

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Whatev posted:

immaculate conception

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord of Pie posted:

immaculate conception

dios mio

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

happyhippy posted:

Would Josh Duggar molest Meg Griffin?

that apple is too far from the tree

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Whatev posted:

The Incredible Vibrating Duggar Girls!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

shiksa posted:

They rescue pet wolves and wolfdogs,do a lot of community stuff educating people and kids about wolves and that wolfdogs don't make good pets, and do fashion photography. The request was unsolicited and they aren't broken which is why they turned it down. :) I think they must send out hundreds of offers each year, with most getting turned down or just not being interesting enough for tv.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Shroud posted:

same

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Portals posted:

that's a really cynical view of teachers, daycare workers, and pediatricians

Since when do teachers and daycare workers and pediatricians make 7 figures?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Portals posted:

he said "or willfully spends times with children that aren't their own", not "and willfully spends times with children that aren't their own"

When do teachers, daycare workers, or pediatricians willingly spend time with kids not their own? Hint; There's a reason they're called jobs

Blue Train posted:

"We don't let the kids be kids, this surely won't mean we're raising hosed up kids"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 8, 2015

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Shroud posted:

:captainpop:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is a man not entitled to the jim of his bob? "No," says the first son, "it belongs to me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I remember when I played hide and seek and when you get found you get raped

I had a punchline for that but writing it made me too sad

• Locked thread