Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The next episode leaked and Stannis burns Shireen alive to stop the snow storm.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol

Tears are coming

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol

Man how do they keep leaking that poo poo.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

I wouldn't hate it if they had Selyse do it instead of Stannis, but that would require the showrunners knowing how to write consistent characterization.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Invenerable posted:

I wouldn't hate it if they had Selyse do it instead of Stannis, but that would require the showrunners knowing how to write consistent characterization.

Book Stannis was a prick and I didn't care for his legalistic bullshit or brother murdering but show Stannis is

huh

well he's just being himself I guess

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invenerable posted:

Selyse is the only one who's against it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Selyse is the only one who's against it.

and here she was worried about the corrupting influence of wildling sluts

I have to admit her being characterized as a parent concerned for her child instead of just a sycophant is good

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Haha gently caress this show. It's literally become a competition of how to be edgier and more sadistic.

http://streamable.com/0m2k

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I guess that pretty much confirms Brienne killing Stannis.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

it is known

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I like all those soldiers just shaking their heads. Man I thought stannis was cool and then he does a thing like this.

This can't possibly have happened in the books at any point. The wildlings tipped her arc and it has to do with greyscale. Whatta dumb scene.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
She'll probably be burned by Melisandre at some point, most likely ressurecting Jon.

Stannis will probably not be around for it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stannis didn't listen to his red witch and it lost him the crown.

This is 100% in his character. It's also really cool to see Selyse not be 100% brainwashed by her religion and have some humanity left in her.

Overall 10/10, Stannis was never the Mannis, authoritarians are garbage, gently caress everyone who liked him.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

ZearothK posted:

Nah. He'll grow the same plot armor as Ramsay, now that everyone hates him.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stannis didn't listen to his red witch and it lost him the crown.

This is 100% in his character. It's also really cool to see Selyse not be 100% brainwashed by her religion and have some humanity left in her.

Overall 10/10, Stannis was never the Mannis, authoritarians are garbage, gently caress everyone who liked him.

can't quote this enough

he was a classic villain and anyone who unironically called him the mannis is a toolbag

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He was a complex man who saw himself as a hero who was tormented by the sacrifices he had to make, he also loved his daughter and considered her to be the crown princess and his successor.

We were all expecting him to 'break' at some point but we expected Shireen to be the catalyst for this, not a decision he makes cause Ramsay sneaks up to his camp and burns his supplies.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Donald Noye, or whoever the one armed blacksmith at castle black was, did say he was iron, who would break before he would bend...

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how jon gonna be rezed now

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

A Major Fucker posted:

how jon gonna be rezed now

Jon is now doge

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jon is going to end up permanently dead isn't he lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jon is going to end up permanently dead isn't he lol

we can hope

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Why does jon need to be rezzed at all he just got stabbed a little and anyway it was rattleshirt pretending to be jon and vice versa.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who's the perfumed seneschal

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

A Major Fucker posted:

Patchface

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
This is Stannis' character, unfortunately. He believes he is the Prince that was Promised. Azor Ahai drove Lightbringer through his wife's chest. For R'hllor, sacrifices have to be made to stop the Long Night. I've always looked at it as, either you buy 100% into Melisandre's prophecies or you dismiss her entirely. Jon Snow tried to play both sides and got killed.
Of course this is going to make it really awkward when Brienne kills Stannis unceremoniously.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bemis posted:

This is Stannis' character, unfortunately. He believes he is the Prince that was Promised. Azor Ahai drove Lightbringer through his wife's chest. For R'hllor, sacrifices have to be made to stop the Long Night. I've always looked at it as, either you buy 100% into Melisandre's prophecies or you dismiss her entirely. Jon Snow tried to play both sides and got killed.
Of course this is going to make it really awkward when Brienne kills Stannis unceremoniously.

he should kill his uggo waifu then

she's complicit in dozens of murders

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lol @ Selyse being the last living Baratheon.

e: and only by marriage

Meanwhile Targ Dynasty 2.0 just gained +1 Tyrion (and they're going to cut out Field Shits which ruins my immersion).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Stannis is one of the worst candidates for king in the war and that's saying quite a lot. Dude isn't very bright and extremely uptight.

A Major Fucker posted:

A boat.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Lol @ Selyse being the last living Baratheon.

e: and only by marriage

Meanwhile Targ Dynasty 2.0 just gained +1 Tyrion (and they're going to cut out Field Shits which ruins my immersion).

if someone doesn't make a sly nod to grasshopper danyrhea i am going to lose it

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Seeing the show changes makes me think I've been too hard on ol' Gurm. Maybe writing a good story is harder than I thought.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Man how do they keep leaking that poo poo.

It showed up on Dish On Demand and HBO Go.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
But it seems like only one person has watched the episode?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ague Proof posted:

But it seems like only one person has watched the episode?

I've seen screenshots from different tvs.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A Major Fucker posted:

It's the name of the ship Tyrion and Moqorro were on.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bleh

phneah

Arbite fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 8, 2015

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I could have gone without hearing/seeing a young girl who is kind and sweet get burned alive by her father. Seeing as how Stannis isn't actually a king, there will obviously be irony when he is now destroyed but I was kinda counting on book Stannis to actually take Winterfell and now I'm not so sure.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Book Stannis has Theon's blood.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
As long as Stannis kills all the characters who deserve it (ie., all characters still alive in this lovely story), I'm willing to accept the occasional atrocity.

Stannis, The King Who Depopulates Westeros Hail Satan R'hllor

but really, gently caress this. Can Stannis and Ramsay decapitate each other in single shirtless combat or something?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I could have gone without hearing/seeing a young girl who is kind and sweet get burned alive by her father. Seeing as how Stannis isn't actually a king, there will obviously be irony when he is now destroyed but I was kinda counting on book Stannis to actually take Winterfell and now I'm not so sure.

the books and the show are having a trial separation

I think you can tell who's taking the children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

syscall girl posted:

the books and the show are having a trial separation

I think you can tell who's taking the children

Meryn loving Trant.