Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dylan James
FP: 5/5
P: OOOO
M: OOO

"Jesus Christ, Wonder Twins! You two can do it!" Dylan strafes around the Angel, keeping his rifle trained on the thing as he watches things unfold.

ARB rolled a goddamn 11, the fight's probably over by now, so I'm not doing anything this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It is mathematically impossible for the Angel to beat an 11 at this point in the fight, but if anyone wants to pour salt into the wound, you have until I get around to an update tomorrow. Working normal people hours sucks!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah Iowa

Rabah begins pulling back as the twins begin their attack- and something lurches in her Eva. "Wha- not now!"

War Tech: 4dF+2 -2
I think a failure that hilarious should reveal something about the Eva, which was what I was going for, but in a terrible, horrible, no good very bad way.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Angel Attack

Franklin backs off, and the pressure falls instantly. Everything hurts and everything is terrible, but less. Adams doesn't say anything.

Rabah totally botches the clutch on her Eva, and the machine nearly falls over. The plug's displays die, leaving the young soldier in total darkness and silence for a few heartbeats. Light comes back in the form of a tiny white line, which suddenly expands. Rabah can see again, although the view's grainy and low-bandwidth. Most curious is her power display. Apparently the Eva's kicked over to internal power, and it's at ten minutes of charge. Well, nine-some-odd and dropping. Still, that's unusual.

In the grip of Eva-02, the core comes free. There's a silent moment, and then the Angel's grip weakens. The thing seems to just fall apart, like a sandstone statue eroding. When the parts falling off hit the water of the bay, they puff into clouds of dust. Eva-02 nearly topples as well, suddenly freed from resistance altogether. Even the core, formerly incredibly dense, dissolves into motes of ruby light, and those wink out as you watch.

And that appears to be it. Hell, if that's all these things are capable of, you might as well retire right now, let someone less fortunate than yourselves take a shot at defending humanity. All that's left is a moist slog back to an umbilical and the nearest loading port.

Unit-04 has its megastunt: Emergency Power System. Function: Double Power! Flaw: Transmission Problems. You can invoke this stunt to ignore the first power-related compel thrown at you in a scene.

Debrief

Colonel Jagr and Dr. Laboe are there to greet the pilots as they're pulled from their plugs. Helpful ground crew are there to lend a hand out of the cockpits and proffer much-needed towels; LCL is sticky, once you get out of the tube.

Jagr has a tablet in hand; he's positioned up a deck, looking toward and down to the recovery area.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, you fought back an invader from beyond the stars. I'm proud of you.

"Top marks for our twin pilots. I haven't seen work like that in quite some time, Noah. And Ms. Asagiri, compliments from our tactical officer. Some impressive work out there."

He scrolls down his list. "Mr. James, good teamwork, good tactics; sometimes you just don't get the shot at the goal. Better luck next time, Dylan. Rabah, overall good performance with some troubling statistical outliers. Please be back in form next time the fate of our species is threatened, hm?"

Jagr tucks the tablet away in his uniform jacket, adjusting his cuffs and clearing his throat. "Which leads me to this part. Franklin Wilson, front and center."

The colonel's tone is less amiable, his gestures a little less free. "Franklin, I'm sympathetic to your goals, believe it or not. But when you disobey an order in combat, you're not just putting yourself at risk. You're endangering your fellow pilots, for starters, and when Commander Adams assigns you to defend the whole of NERV, believe me, you'd better do it. I mean, Franklin, you put the whole city at risk. That kind of behavior is not acceptable, to me, to Commander Adams, and to every single person that works for NERV.

"Look around you, Franklin. You put every single person you can see in danger today. And what did you get out of it?"

It's clearly a rhetorical question. Jagr lets it sink in for a few moments, having made an example for the others. Then his smile returns, and he looks to Jenny.

"Dr. Laboe will finish your debriefing. Thank you, all of you."

On you, Zachol.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah Iowa

Rabah seethes, internally. It's the aeternal right of the soldier to complain, though not at briefings. So she's quietly furious behind a mask of impassive soldiery.

It's no surprise there are imperfections, she thinks, when you won't even tell me half the features in this drat weapon! It's like being told to field strip an unfamiliar gun blind! I can't compensate for weight that nobody tells me about! I can't plan around extra power when I don't know I have it! Why won't you just trust me to get the job done?

Somewhere else, the part of her that only cares about the mission is already planning future strategies based on 10 whole minutes of reserve power.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Pax and Noah
Fate Points: 1

The twins don't react overtly to the praise, but both of them look tired. They may literally not have had their limbs yanked around like a child's toy, it still very much feels like it. Noah averts his gaze from the commander pointedly, though Pax just kind of slumps as she ragdolls against the back of her chair. They look at each other for a moment, but ultimately Pax seems to be the one keeping focus on the matters at hand.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Dr. Laboe

Jenny glares at Adams briefly before leaning forward, a tablet in hand.
"You all did very well. Sync rates were high across the board, particularly Pax and Noah. Asagiri as well, you've lived up to the notes from your previous assignment."
She flicks through it, 'hmm'ing a little.
"Some dips as expected from in-combat stress, but nothing out of projections. Importantly, nobody seems to have experienced sync drop from hesitation or faltering, which is what would usually be responsible for problems."

She steps forward, crouching slightly.
"Now, I don't want to worry everyone, but current projections suggest the Angels will display more... unusual forms, if not with the next one then most likely the one after. A direct attack was reasonable today, but you're all going to need to be very careful about how you approach future ones of these, and also careful not to immediately panic or fall into despair if it seems like traditional attacks won't be effective. Alright? We'll still pull through."
She focuses on Wilson, nodding her head slightly at Adams.
"Wilson, I'd like for us to have a chat soon. Just talk over what happened, alright? Oh, and Asagiri, I'd also like for us to schedule a session. I'm partially responsible for maintaining sync rates. There aren't any problems with yours at the moment, obviously, but I prefer to still have some regularity with the sessions. Alright?"

She pulls back, smiling and otherwise looking all reassuring, and nods to Jagr for any last words and a 'dismissed.'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan is leaning over, toweling the LCL out of his hair and nods in response to Jagr's acknowledgement. As the superior officer berates Franklin, Dylan flashes him a silent look that says "Hey, don't worry about that rear end in a top hat."

If only that dickhead headmaster at ol' St. Tommy's could see me now, he thinks,

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Hannah Asagiri
FP: 4/5 Physical: OOO Mental: OOOO

Hannah takes her praise with no great show of emotion, although she does wear an accommodating smile throughout most of the briefing, fading only slightly when Franklin is admonished, and quietly nodding in acknowledgement each time she is addressed. Although she sports a towel draped over the shoulders of her plug suit, she hasn't made any effort to deal with the LCL that remains in her hair. For the most part it's been reduced to tiny rivulets or stray droplets, but Hannah seems unbothered by its presence regardless.

"By order of Deputy Director Miller, I've been ordered to report to Doctor Alvarez at 19:00 hours," Hanna replies to Jenny, looking and sounding a little apologetic, "but except for that I have no prior obligations. My spear is supposed to arrive tomorrow morning, and I would like to be present for that, but if that's the only time you have available then that's fine too."

The raven-haired pilot shifts sheepishly on her feet, "...of course, sooner, ...or later! ...is fine. Whatever works best for you, Doctor Laboe."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Dr. Laboe

Jenny winks kindly.
"It's fine. You're in something of a unique position, I've got a lot of previous... documentation, I suppose, and you've already met the other pilots, so it's not a problem if we don't meet for a few days. I'll see you in class, by the way, and we can schedule something then. Alright?"

She backs into the line with the fellow commanderpeople, though she's still got an eye pretty clearly on Wilson. That 'chat' she wants to have soon.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson
FP: 4/5 Physical: OOOO Mental: OOO

loving bullshit.

Franklin, hair drooping from the LCL, and fumes silently. What did he get out of it? Well, loving nothing considering Adams threatened to render him unconscious with LCL pressure. If he'd had even so much as a loving moment, he could have done something! But nah, guess it was the turn of the loving Wonder Twins to look good. gently caress those two. Endanger what? That Angel got hosed the gently caress up.

He nods back at Dylan. Cool kid. Should do a team-up at some point. Ratings would go through the roof. Better ignore social media for a while, though. People wouldn't be happy about today's performance.

And now, Doctor Laboe was calling. Shrinks. Ugh. He rolls his eyes, but nods. Fine. Whatever. The alternative was to go home and play video games until he passed out or something, so why not amuse the quack for a bit?

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Hannah Asagiri

"As you wish, Doctor," Hannah replies, her smile growing slightly as she does a little half-nod half-bow, "thank you."

Looking over to Rabah, seeing for the first time in person the confident and determined-sounding pilot she'd been paired with for the operation, "everything is okay? It had sounded like you had a brief moment of trouble right at the very end, there."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah

Rabah's irritation at being caught out is less than her interest in the new pilot. Perceptive. That says experience.

"Yeah, still need to work on my driving," admits Rabah. "Hit a bit of resistance where I wasn't ready for it. Next time I'll know though."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Pax and Noah

" I'm great at the thing that's probably going to get my sister and I killed, I'll try to contain my excitement.", Noah says in an excessively dry tone. "Or all of us killed, really.", he adds, before starting off moodily. Pax halts, looking concerned - and probably a little hurt - over towards him. He seems to regret his words for a moment, flinching as he shoves his hands into his pockets and turns away. Pax looks somewhere between angry, and pouts. "Nobody's making you do this." He frowns, saying, "That's adorable to say, Pax.", dismissively as he goes to make his exit.

Pax glares daggers after him, but then her shoulders slump, really too tired to extend the fight any further. After a moment, she looks over to Rabah. "Ah, maybe you should review the operations manual again?" Mind, the notion of an "operations manual" may be a revelation for some other pilots. "It's easy to forget all the codes, I know."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah

"No, it wasn't in the manual" which I have memorized "because it appears to be some unique feature of my Eva. There's an extra battery pack in it that gives an additional 10 minutes operating untethered, apparently, but when it swaps over there's a moment where the drive train stops for a second or so and I didn't realize that." She frowns. Now she can complain. "I would have liked to know that before the sortie but I should have been ready for it anyway."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan sighs heavily and leans back. "Jee-ZUS. What a buncha bullshit, huh? I dunno about you, but I'm fuckin' hungry. Anyone wanna grab a bite?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson

"Hear you there. Save some for me, buddy, I gotta see the shrink."

Franklin shrugs and follows Doctor Laboe. "Whassup, Doc? Got a new Freudian theory bout me or whatever?"

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. Laboe

Dr. Laboe laughs brightly, shaking her head.
"Hahah. Ha. Hmm, no, thankfully not."

She turns, staring at Franklin for an uncomfortable few seconds, then leans forward, talking quietly, a little conspiratorially.
"I need to apologize. Adams' behavior today was inappropriate and unacceptable. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to do much about it. I'm sorry."

She stands, glancing off to the side, then shrugs.
"Speaking of Freudian theories, I'm going to have to postpone our next session a bit. Hope you don't mind."
She looks at Franklin, winks, then walks off into the corridors, presumably back to her quarters.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Hannah Asagiri

Hannah nods knowingly towards Rabah, no stranger herself to the difficulties involved in figuring out the nuances of an EVA. She finishes with a shrug and a grin, the irony of the advice she's about to dispense not lost on her, "live and learn. Good deal on the extra power though. Hopefully they can implement it in later EVA models."

Dylan's food proposition catches Hannah's attention. The pilot from Nevada had dietary requirements that needed to be satisfied, but there was a little wiggle room. She studies the boy for another few moments before speaking up, "I'm not opposed to the idea of food."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

This is pretty good stuff. Do you guys want to keep chatting with each other, or do you want me to kick things forward?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Heh, ya won't regret it. I know this place that makes the best chowdah in Boston."

I'm fine with whatever.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Keep chatting!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson

Huh. What was that wink about? Eh, whatever. Franklin is not here to decipher other people's bullshit. He strolls over to the group heading for food.

"Hey, room for another? Could do with that after today. Bunch of bullshit, all day."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Pax and Noah

"Drive... train?", Pax says a little haltingly, like that wasn't a combination of words she expected. "Ah, yeah, that sounds useful.", she adds to Rabah after a slight hesitation. Tapping her cheek with a fingertip, she seems to consider the facts presented to her for a moment before filing them away. "Um, chowdah?", she then adds to Dylan as she follows along, maintaining her confusion. "Is that related to baseball, too?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Nah, if it was baseball, we'd be eatin' Cracker Jack. You don't know what chowdah is? It's like a clam stew. Trademark New England dish. It's Friday, so we should be able to get a good deal." Dylan shakes his head at Pax's ignorance of the holy broth.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Hannah Asagiri

"As long as some sort of steak version of the best chowda is an option," Hannah spectacularly mangles the pronunciation of chowder, having attempted to emulate the way Dylan pronounced it, "but a change of clothes is definitely in order first, as much as I like my plug suit."

Her attention then shifts to Frankin. She had seen some of the things he'd been in, mostly memorable because of how the technical inaccuracies made her laugh. In his current mood though, she probably wasn't going to tell him that. It was somewhat surprising to learn how much more abrasive he was in person, although it was possible it his current behavior solely stemmed from the Commander's deployment scheme. To that end, it would be interesting to talk to him. To talk to them all, really. Gaining a greater understanding of these other pilots was something the Deputy Director had suggested she do, "I think it would be great if you came along."

I'm also okay either way!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah

"Some food wouldn't be a bad idea," admits Rabah. "I don't care what."

She frowns a little at Pax. "Whatever controls the transmission of force. I wish they'd tell me more about the drat thing!"

I'm good with whatever.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson

Huh. The weird girl said it would be "great" if he came along. Well. Okay. Cool. Franklin finds himself smiling at her. "Hey, thanks."

Smooth, buddy. Forget it. Let's just go get some chowder.

I'm okay to do whatever as well.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Food it is.

What restaurant is Dylan picking for everyone?

How often does Franklin go out without his minders, like now?

What does Rabah do when she's not eating at the commissary? Does she ever not, really?

How often are Pax and Noah apart?

Can Hannah eat normal food?

MEANWHILE - Zachol, is Jenny up to something in particular, and do you want me to run a parallel scene for you?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan's taking the gang to Young's, which is a small family-owned seafood restaurant in town. Most of the workers are all part of the Young family, in fact. Dylan comes here often, so the staff knows him pretty well.

"Finally made some friends, did ya Dylan?" A waitress teases.

"Ah, shaddap, Annie. They're people from work."

"Look at you, workin' man. Take a seat and I'll come get ya drinks."

Dylan leads the others to a booth near the back. "Best seats in the house!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Rabah

Rabah doesn't always eat at the commissary - that would be a brutal regimen even for her. Generally, though, she sticks to restaurants close to the base, so that in case of trouble she can be back in at most, an extra 10-15 minutes of delay. At the moment, at the back of her head she's a little worried about having gone farther out, but has rationalized it away with the firm knowledge that as far as anyone knows, angels don't attack on the same day as other angels.

Usually.

She's already got the fastest route back planned.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. Laboe

As Jenny goes out of sight of Wilson, she stretches, then focuses on her papers. Only thing worse than having to write an essay for a test is having to correct a couple dozen poorly written essays. She really needs to just accept defeat and let them slide by with multiple choicers.
Ah well.

She wanders on down to the small canteen for the higher-ups. Really more like a mini-kitchen thing, you bring your own food (yay microwave junk). If she's lucky, Jagr will be there. If she's... really, really unlucky, it'll be Adams. loving Adams.

If it's alright, maybe a parallel scene with either of them? Or with some other officer person.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Hannah Asagiri

In between then and now, Hannah had gotten herself into a pair of jeans and a red t-shirt that read 'cat' in bold lettering and featured a cartoon silhouette of said animal. Hannah found normal clothes disorienting sometimes, but back in Nevada the chief scientist, Dr.Simms, had told her that appearing normal was a good exercise, that it would teach her to depend less on the feedback from her plug suit to remind her of her shape. The biggest bonus, she'd discovered, is that dressing like a normal person helped her to blend in better with her new-found peers. It wasn't any other people she needed to fit in and get along with. It was them. Deputy Director's orders.

At NERV 2nd there was only one civilian restaurant, Patches, and for her visiting it was a real treat. She'd been allowed to have a hamburger there once, although without tomatoes or ketchup, but apparently lettuce and mustard were okay. She still had to adjust the rest of her intake for that day and the next to accommodate it. When she met with Dr.Alvarez here in Boston later, she would inform him about this deviation from her routine diet and compensate accordingly based on his advice. She still wasn't entirely sure what a chowder was, and as Young's was apparently seafood place she suspected there was no steak variant to be had. It was for the best, she'd decided; without knowing what was in it erring on the side of caution was the wisest course. As long as she chose something simple and bland she would be okay. Hopefully an un-adventurous meal option wouldn't offend anyone.

Young's reminded her of Patches in a way, it was small and welcoming. It smelled good. She smiled as she observed Dylan and the waitress trade quips in a familiar sort of fashion.

"I think I like this place," the clone declared.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 9, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson
FP: 4/5 Physical: 0000 Mental: 000

Normally, Franklin's minders were an oppressive force. There were whispers of them being ex-Section 2, or from the CIA. The truth was, they were just relentlessly dogged. However, they weren't without flaws. For instance, they often thought it to be a bright idea to just wait for Franklin at the terminal station nearest his home to escort him from there, trusting in NERV security to handle him in the trip between him and the Eva. Fortunately for Franklin, NERV Security didn't give a poo poo about the arrogant kid with the celebrity dad, so more often than not they just let him go where he liked.

Like here! Franklin grins as he enters. Normally he just ate at Patches, or brought in leftovers from whatever ridiculous thing he'd had for dinner. Or ordered fast food. Man, still needed to have that NERV pizza party. Dylan's banter with the waitress made the place feel homely - not to mention the waitress. Nice.

"Hell of a place, Dylan, buddy," Franklin quips. "Real nice." He turns and gives a cocky wave to the staff. Getting away from the crowds would be nice - hopefully no fangirls would turn up to make things awkward.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Pax and Noah

After Pax changes, her exit with the others moves across across Noah on the steps, who moves to trail after, apparently still in a mood. Pax seems to be doing her best to offset that with her cheer, as if they were flip sides of the coin.

As they settle into the booth, Pax picks up a menu. "Oh, it's a milk soup!", she declares. "Nobody calls it that.", Noah points out with a sigh. "Somebody does now.", Pax replies defensively before hiding behind her wall of cardboard.

Looking over to Franklin, Noah gets a confident look as he adjusts his cap for a moment. "Anyway, don't feel too bad about today, the commander was probably just using you. They probably knew you'd try something like that and figured they could try and scare the rest of us a little with an example. I mean, they should have put us back there, I would have been glad to just park my rear end while the rest of you did all the hard work." From behind the cardboard menu, Pax's voice comes up. "Liar.", she says simply, before Noah gets an irritated look on his face. "... tch."

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 10, 2015

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

NERV Officer's Lounge

The HQ DFAC is much like its counterparts in military organizations around the world: it's run by private contractors, and it's basically a mall food court crossed with a middle school cafeteria. The available fare is nice, or sometimes "nice," by those generous standards, as long as you're not picky or a vegan.

Officers, of course, are excluded from that particular kind of bureaucratic cuisine. There's ostensibly a chef for the brass, somewhere deep in the guts of Service Division, but no one's ever seen them in person. Most of the officers and division directors just brown bag it. Someone, somewhere along the way, has put a very official looking-seal on the side of the microwave, threatening several NERV disciplinary code penalties for anyone who puts fish products in the machine.

Jagr is here, uniform jacket tossed over the back of his chair, and a series of tablets set up on the table in front of him. He looks up as the door slides open, and a tired grin crosses his face. The commander moves the tablets around, mostly just making a clattering noise, and gestures to one of the empty plastic chairs.

"Dr. Laboe," he says.

Young's

Annie comes by the table shortly, platter in hand. There are six cups of water on it, made of transparent plastic. They are difficult to see through where they are textured, so that they can be gripped with ease, and have clearly been in use since you were born or otherwise entered the world. Noah finds the knurled texturing strangely soothing, kind of like a mix between checked squares and the undulating folds of a brain, but something about the color puts Hannah ill at ease.

Also on the platter is a paper tray containing sliced and fried potato slivers, which have been dusted with a mixture of ground mustard, paprika, celery salt, bay leaf, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, mace, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger. The paper tray is placed in front of Dylan, with a familiarity that the rest of the pilots cannot help but notice.

"Whadda ya have," Annie asks.

Were Franklin and Hannah at 2nd Branch long enough to have known each other before this?

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Hannah Asagiri

Hannah does her best to appear animated and interested in everything going on around her after they're all seated, and when Noah touches upon the matter of Franklin's role in the fight she finally has an excuse to speak up again, "Adams' deployment was sound enough originally, but once contact was made I'm not sure why she didn't order you in to minimize the chances of it disengaging and breaking away."

There are things she feels she can't say, though. Like how if she had been cast in his role she would not have disobeyed, nor would she have been vocal about it. About how she would have found a way to stop the Angel if it had broken away somehow even if Franklin wasn't there. Unfortunately this meant Hannah finds herself with little more to say on the topic, lapsing back into an awkward silence afterwards. She tries to cover by hiding behind her menu, as she sees Pax doing. It also shields her glass of water from her view, the daylight seeping in from the front window captured by the water was tainted and distorted by it's container before being cast upon the tablecloth. She couldn't bring herself to drink from it.

The raven-haired girl scanned the menu looking for suitably safe meals. Hopefully the actor-pilot didn't take her appraisal poorly, in her own way she was trying to sympathize with him after all. He seemed brash, though. Slightly different than in his media portrayal, which was all she actually knew him by. He had been to NERV-2nd twice for filming, but she had been ordered to keep away from him both times. This wasn't even a decision the Commander himself made, but one handed down to him by the NERV HQ Director himself. She was present for the conversation, or at least the second Hannah was, but she remembered it vividly all the same. Ominous hints at some grand plan that would not be derailed on account of some ridiculous American television show, in spite of the necessity of accommodating it. When the waitress asked their orders, Hannah blinked and all thought of these memories that she had been dwelling upon simply ceased.

"I'll have the fish and chips, please. With nothing other than salt on the chips, if that's possible," Hanna quietly answered, almost as though she were ashamed of dictating terms. She needed a drink though, something other than that disquieting water, "and a sweetened iced tea, please. ...It would be okay if it came in a can."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Franklin Wilson
FP: 4/5 Physical: 0000 Mental: 000

"Woah, hey, okay. Don't everybody trip over themselves to feel sorry for me."

Franklin sighs and sits down. "Commander was right, though. Shoulda just stayed put. If the Angel'd gotten past me, that'd be my fault. It was my bad, guys."

He spares a glance at Hannah. He'd... seen her around. Not much, though. He'd been piloting for a while, but circumstances seemed to prevent him from having anything but short conversations with her. She seemed very... reserved. Quiet. Kind of his opposite, actually. He'd... never paid much attention to herr until now. Huh. She seemed... nice.

"Hey! Salmon Chowder, if you don't mind." He flashes an award-winning smile at the waitress. Maybe that'll get some attention.

Create an Advantage with Rapport: 4dF+4 2 Tagging "All Eyes on Me" to boost it to a +4. Gonna name the resulting aspect "Franklin in the House!" if it goes through. FP left = 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Man, don't sweat it, Franklin. poo poo happens, alright?"

He turns to Annie, picking up a chip and tossing it into his mouth. Of course Annie knew to start with the chips, she's a doll like that. "It's Friday, whaddaya think I'm havin'? Clam chowdah, Annie. Get whateva you want, guys. It's on my tab."

"So we're not getting paid for it is what you're saying?"

"Shush, Annie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Pax and Noah

"It's probably also a way of trying to try and get us to bond as a team. Adults think that way.", Noah says dryly in Franklin's direction, before suddenly he has a cardboard menu in his face as Pax says, "That's enough." Pushing it down, Noah grumps, "I'm just being honest." Pax leans over and the two say in near unison to Annie, "I'll have the-" "Clam Chowder." "Milk Soup!" Noah shoots Pax a baleful look as she just snickers to herself with a smile as she steals one of Dylan's chips, taking a bite. "She means the chowder."

• Locked thread