Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That really needs a loop to be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Vengarr posted:

That really needs a loop to be perfect.

Agreed, it needs to go up and then back down.

And maybe be made avatar sized.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It sounds like these two gifs need to combine their powers.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

70 is out on mangapanda. Great chapter. New arc, lots going on.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Am I supposed to recognize the Ape Titan's identity? Because I don't.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Wait.
did Curious George just kill Reiner?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Wait.
did Curious George just kill Reiner?

No. He just thrashed his titan though. There is a panel of Berthold pulling Reiner out and Reiner looking at him. The scene implies Reiner and Magilla Gorilla fought over conflicting objectives. They want to save Annie, and he wants to intercept Eren. "I won, Annie can be saved later."

quote:

Am I supposed to recognize the Ape Titan's identity? Because I don't.

No. Just building him up, and showing that he is human.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

No. He just thrashed his titan though. There is a panel of Berthold pulling Reiner out and Reiner looking at him. The scene implies Reiner and Magilla Gorilla fought over conflicting objectives. They want to save Annie, and he wants to intercept Eren. "I won, Annie can be saved later."

No. Just building him up, and showing that he is human.

Ah.

also :lol: at Sanes ending up in a gulag

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Mikasa is weird.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

eat your loving vegetables eren

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eren and Marlo not understanding why everyone was calling him stupid was about the best thing ever.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

If you asked me what I believed Monkey Trouble's eventual/possible human form to be, "Rejected 80s Action Hero" would be at the bottom of my list.

E: Actually, now that I look at it again, it looks a hell of a lot like Weird Al Yankovich.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Who would have guessed that monkey titan was Johnny Five Aces all along

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Nice chapter.

I like how Historia didn't convert magically in a *great* queen, despite her discourse, the real power is in other people who do the real work, she is more like a mom for orphans, a figurehead liked by the common people, but even the common people knows the truth. That's good writing.

Also that Historia + Eren ship... poor Mikasa. But it's true, they have more chemistry.
Also funny how when people are teasin Marlow + Hitch, Eren is the one who doesn't "get it", lol.

Ohh big twist
There is a human "controlling" Monkey Titan! I don't know why I always thought that was an exception and that was his natural form.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Nice chapter.

I like how Historia didn't convert magically in a *great* queen, despite her discourse, the real power is in other people who do the real work, she is more like a mom for orphans, a figurehead liked by the common people, but even the common people knows the truth. That's good writing.

Also that Historia + Eren ship... poor Mikasa. But it's true, they have more chemistry.
Also funny how when people are teasin Marlow + Hitch, Eren is the one who doesn't "get it", lol.

Ohh big twist
There is a human "controlling" Monkey Titan! I don't know why I always thought that was an exception and that was his natural form.

Historia already has a perfectly good love interest. :colbert:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hype as gently caress chapter. Was just wondering last week what could possibly get in their way to the basement. Never thought we'd be meeting bigger lebowski so soon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jeff Bridges as Monkey Trouble

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kissmanga link to the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Shingeki-no-Kyojin-070?id=231727

Eren said "Please don't apologise Mr Hange". Is that confirmation that Hange's a man, or just a poor translation of "Hange-san"?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 8, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Kissmanga link to the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Shingeki-no-Kyojin-070?id=231727

Eren said "Please don't apologise Mr Hange". Is that confirmation that Hange's a man, or just a poor translation of "Hange-san"?

It's the same TL as Mangapanda so it's probably just a bad TL. Wait for CR.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The most I've seen Sasha pissed off.

e:
:smugjones::mmmsmug::mmmsmug:

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 9, 2015

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

JosephWongKS posted:

Bad translation, most likely. I'm assuming the translators forgot that "-san" is gender neutral.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

please read the translation that pays the creator

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read?volume_id=273&chapter_num=70.00

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

This is a stretch, but I think Monkey Trouble may be related to Grisha Jaeger, poissbly his brother. Glasses are and looks are pretty similar. Also, we know Grisha was a shifter, since Eren couldn't become one without consuming Grisha. We don't know where Grisha came from initially.

We might learn something from Keith Shadis, the instructor of the 104th squad and former leader of the Survey Corps. Definitely interesting that Eren was able to piece together the memories and realize who that was.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

forhorglingrads posted:

This is a stretch, but I think Monkey Trouble may be related to Grisha Jaeger, poissbly his brother. Glasses are and looks are pretty similar. Also, we know Grisha was a shifter, since Eren couldn't become one without consuming Grisha. We don't know where Grisha came from initially.

We might learn something from Keith Shadis, the instructor of the 104th squad and former leader of the Survey Corps. Definitely interesting that Eren was able to piece together the memories and realize who that was.

Didn't Grisha become a shifter by eating Historia's sister, or am I forgetting it being mentioned that he was one before that?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Saagonsa posted:

Didn't Grisha become a shifter by eating Historia's sister, or am I forgetting it being mentioned that he was one before that?

Based on how he transformed (self-injury rather than injection), he was a shifter before he killed the Reiss family.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm kind of happy that they didn't spend too much time showing Eren being all morally conflicted about titans being people. I was worried there would be like a 10 chapter long period where he was all unmotivated.

I wonder how monkey titan beat Reiner. Like, apparently he was just strong enough to break Reiner's armor with brute force, though I was under the impression that his armor was almost impossible to break.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Now we'll never see what's in the basement since Eren is about to die to the Monkey.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Man, on the re-read, I finally noticed that Jean's hairstyle has changed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Heyy Shadis was the guy leading the Scouting Legion outside Maria in the very first chapter. Maybe that's how he met Grisha.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Sub Harrison posted:

Heyy Shadis was the guy leading the Scouting Legion outside Maria in the very first chapter. Maybe that's how he met Grisha.

Yeah he was the commander of the Scouting Legion prior to Erwin, but it always made me wonder why a former commander would end up being like the head instructor drill sergeant guy after retiring tho??

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sub Harrison posted:

Yea we figured that one out back when the anime released and it was easier to tell people apart.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
"I heard your hardening training is going well."
"Yeah, now i can close up a cave."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Can't wait for Eren to get kidnapped again.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I got annoyed at waiting each month so I stopped reading a little after Eren got kidnapped. Just got caught up and I can't believe the direction it went in.

Also can't believe it's like 50 chapters later and they still didn't make it to the basement.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Are we all still thinking Ape Titan is the original creator of Titans? He seems sciency enough with those glasses. :v:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't wait for them to travel past Wall Maria and find a chrono trigger-esque wasteland.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
The Crunchyroll translation doesn't have Grape Ape refer to saving Annie, but rather referring to saving Reiner from the immediate beating. Is this an Annie/ani (brother) mixup?

Thoren
May 28, 2008

ETB posted:

Are we all still thinking Ape Titan is the original creator of Titans? He seems sciency enough with those glasses. :v:

That would be a cool thing, especially since shifters could delay their human aging by staying in Titan form.

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder how monkey titan beat Reiner. Like, apparently he was just strong enough to break Reiner's armor with brute force, though I was under the impression that his armor was almost impossible to break.

Did you miss the part where he was a really strong monkey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008

What the hell. Annie isn't mentioned at all in the official translation. Monkey tells Bert to worry about saving Reiner later.

Someone with Japanese skills please help.