Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I've always felt this way, perhaps today I just have less patience than usual for things that irritate me?

You seem to be casing that harmless claim pretty hard.

##vote PIZZAPIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not voting for him, am I?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm not voting for him, am I?

You don't have to place a vote to have questionable content.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Explain your thoughts more coherently please.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Explain your thoughts more coherently please.

There was nothing incoherent about that post. Re-read if you need to.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah, let me rephrase for you: Your point is trash as it stands so I'd like to see you elaborate, point to examples, tell the thread at large what is scummy about what I've done, etc. It's not acceptable to plop a vote down with reasoning that poor. I am sorry if you thought otherwise.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, kids. vt over here. Who's scum? Help me help you.

What is the deal with first post vt claiming?? That is just dumb all around, especially since pin mom just got called out for it. A vt conspiracy

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dr. Hurt posted:

What is the deal with first post vt claiming?? That is just dumb all around, especially since pin mom just got called out for it. A vt conspiracy

because I haven't played mafia in like 8 months.

cookfia doesn't count. I replaced out almost immediately.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what if I told you everyone is VT?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

HiipFire posted:

:vince:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

This is probably true of most of us.

Another reason I find G-PP's irritability with the VT claim being scummy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah...##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Guy is forcing this whole shebang. Looks like he's dodging me because he can't do what I asked.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think Diqnol's mostly crabby because it's a silly thing to start the day off with. I don't see how that's scummy tbh

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

HiipFire posted:

One sec. Hold on. Lemme just take a huge bong hit. Hmmm yep. Yep this sounds about right mannnn

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Regarding vt claims it basically shoots town in the foot because it creates a whole wine front situation so now instead of making jokes about an m and m that looks like Eminem we are having a dumb circling conversation that will get us nowhere.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Dr. Hurt posted:

One sec. Hold on. Lemme just take a huge bong hit. Hmmm yep. Yep this sounds about right mannnn

Pass the blunt yo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also im gonna use this thread as an excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0aLMsh4mvU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

HiipFire posted:

Pass the blunt yo

I'll pass it on the "left hand side." That's what we call a joke in this industry.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

HiipFire posted:

Pass the blunt yo

this kid's like twelve, the only thing we should pass him is the peas

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Epsilon Plus posted:

this kid's like twelve, the only thing we should pass him is the peas

p sure that's a girl

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'll pass it on the "left hand side." That's what we call a joke in this industry.

so are you gonna pass it or no

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Sheesh, just got back from a day of errands, and things are heartily underway. I will catch up in a bit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
See, I am BottleKnight
And I'd like to say hello
To the black, to the white,
the red and the brown,
the purple and yell-OH.

Hotel! Motel! Holiday Inn!

Also claiming vt is mad dumb if more than one people do it but since PMom does it for reactions... I think they accomplished their goal.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

HiipFire posted:

so are you gonna pass it or no

Nah.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm vt but it's okay because it's all about the music.

As others have said, this is a really stupid thing to do. If you're telling the truth, the statement offers town no benefit. The only person who has anything to gain from it would be you, which means you aren't playing for town, you are playing for yourself. I'm thinking most scum players wouldn't go this route, so you're more or less a liability. Think about your fellow members of town.

I think Guisseppe Pizzapie stands out the most to me. He comes in and makes a huge detail about Pinterest Mom. An excessive amount of fuss really. If it was such a compelling thing to talk about, it might be worth a vote that early on. It is weird when people don't vote with their convictions. Then, as you try to back away from all the attention you've drawn to yourself, you're just bringing more attention.

I don't think Ghastly Gangsta is forcing anything, and trying to deflect doesn't seem to be working that well.

##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

It might have been awhile since I've played, but its weird for somebody to be this spastic right out the gate. Maybe you need a nap, and you can dig yourself out of this hole when you wake up.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Diqnol?? Using an excessive amount of fuss???? What a shocker, I've never heard of him doing such a thing!!

Also Hiip's a dude, Prop Machine, I'm pretty sure

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
jfc

claiming vt means you got the loving role pm

like i totally agree and ##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE but this is an asinine non argument.

let's make fun of pm for being canadian.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Chic Trombone posted:

Also Hiip's a dude, Prop Machine, I'm pretty sure

oh, okay. thanks!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

jfc

claiming vt means you got the loving role pm

like i totally agree and ##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE but this is an asinine non argument.

let's make fun of pm for being canadian.

claiming vt means claiming vt, "confirmed" means you got your role pm. That's a really weird argument to make.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

apostateCourier posted:

claiming vt means claiming vt, "confirmed" means you got your role pm. That's a really weird argument to make.

It's not even a loving argument. this whole line of logic is stupid. THAT'S my argument.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

what if i claim vt in every single game i play

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

go kill urslef

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It's not even a loving argument. this whole line of logic is stupid. THAT'S my argument.

People disagreeing with you is an argument, even if you don't want it to be. Claiming VT is either a joke or a claim, and you seem to be adamant that it was a joke in your case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

VT posse checking in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pinterest Mom gambit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah...##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Guy is forcing this whole shebang. Looks like he's dodging me because he can't do what I asked.

Yeah this is the way to go ##vote Ghostly Gangsta

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ah, let me rephrase for you: Your point is trash as it stands so I'd like to see you elaborate, point to examples, tell the thread at large what is scummy about what I've done, etc. It's not acceptable to plop a vote down with reasoning that poor. I am sorry if you thought otherwise.

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

:dogbutton:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
diqnol have we played together before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is probably true of most of us.

Another reason I find G-PP's irritability with the VT claim being scummy.

please try to play better in general this game

• Locked thread