Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

please try to play better in general this game

Please try to not be an rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

lmao at calling anything "clear" early d1 or really in mafia at all

##vote bottlerocket

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please try to not be an rear end.

:q:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imo i find people jumping on early d1 vt claims scummier than actually doing it, but doing it in the first place is white noise at best

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want to get nked.

this reasoning is worse than anything else though, town shouldn't fear death

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

You seem to be casing that harmless claim pretty hard.

##vote PIZZAPIE

hahahahaha voting someone for an early case, calling anything at all going hard

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

this reasoning is worse than anything else though, town shouldn't fear death

It wasn't real reasoning. I claim VT every game, AC was reacting to it and I thought I'd keep it going.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

It wasn't real reasoning. I claim VT every game, AC was reacting to it and I thought I'd keep it going.

mmhmmmmm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Captain Foo posted:

lmao at calling anything "clear" early d1 or really in mafia at all

##vote bottlerocket

Are you disagreeing with my reads or specifically just calling out my play? What do you think of Diqnol?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

Are you disagreeing with my reads or specifically just calling out my play? What do you think of Diqnol?

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pizzapie seems fine2me so far

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Captain Foo posted:

i'm specifically calling you on doing people's thinking for them, i.e. "he did x because clearly p and q"

Why would that make me scummy? Who do you think is scum in this game so far?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

what if i claim vt in every single game i play

Then that's bad and you should look at yourself in the mirror and say "stop it."

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

diqnol have we played together before?

Even if you haven't played with the Diq, you can feel its mark on your very soul ready to rend you to shreds.

Captain Foo posted:

hahahahaha voting someone for an early case, calling anything at all going hard

I ball so hard these n-words want to fine me. But first they've gotta find me. Womp wah. womp wah. Womp wah.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I feel like we should dress ourselves in colored bandanas. This poo poo is ridiculous.

I'm leaving my vote, but another lady doth protest too much on this page. I have questions.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Propaganda Machine posted:

I have questions.

We've got answers.

Maybe.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

Why would that make me scummy? Who do you think is scum in this game so far?

because you're trying to dictate how people think about a certain case by providing logic that can't be determined from the thread, and only exists in your head.

who i think is scum at the moment should be evident given my vote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Action Bronson has had a pretty good year. Aside from his continuing youtube cooking/eating series with Vice, his first major label album, Mr. Wonderful, was released to decent sales and positive critical reception. I'd hardly consider it his best work, but it's a nice milestone for a guy who's only been rapping seriously for half a decade. A former gourmet chef and continual libertine, his lyrics revolve around real and imagined day-to-day adventures in drugs, sex, and cuisine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPCQgzA1cnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5n8_VS_Ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAPJCAmDRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP_w1rQweE

:siren: In honor of Bronson, you have the option of making a rap related to your favorite food, sexual encounter, or drug. Submit your raps by lynch deadline, and I'll post them all at the flip. You'll then be able to discuss which is best. When you've reached a decision, or a deadlock requiring a vote, we'll conclude the challenge and the winner will receive a prize. :siren:

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 9, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rofl, everyone is voting for me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Roydrowsy posted:

As others have said, this is a really stupid thing to do. If you're telling the truth, the statement offers town no benefit. The only person who has anything to gain from it would be you, which means you aren't playing for town, you are playing for yourself. I'm thinking most scum players wouldn't go this route, so you're more or less a liability. Think about your fellow members of town.

I think Guisseppe Pizzapie stands out the most to me. He comes in and makes a huge detail about Pinterest Mom. An excessive amount of fuss really. If it was such a compelling thing to talk about, it might be worth a vote that early on. It is weird when people don't vote with their convictions. Then, as you try to back away from all the attention you've drawn to yourself, you're just bringing more attention.

I don't think Ghastly Gangsta is forcing anything, and trying to deflect doesn't seem to be working that well.

##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

It might have been awhile since I've played, but its weird for somebody to be this spastic right out the gate. Maybe you need a nap, and you can dig yourself out of this hole when you wake up.

Bad post, compadre. You're completely riding on the back of things other people said and did the classic faux +1 to content thing that scum tend to do. You're also framing this argument from an emotional perspective, basically saying without saying it that you find my mannerisms irritating rather than finding me scummy. ##vote RoyDrowsy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

jfc

claiming vt means you got the loving role pm

like i totally agree and ##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE but this is an asinine non argument.

let's make fun of pm for being canadian.

This vote is actually WORSE though, wow, you're dumb

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

This is a bad post. A very lovely attempt to discredit a vote on you, with no alignment calls, which you clearly have only posted as a setup for an OMGUS later on.

You're not trying to scum hunt, you're just trying to push heat off you in the easiest way you could find.

I'm sorry if you're irritable but you normally are very cool-headed so something is wrong.

##vote diqnol

Bwuhh??

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

IS THIS BIZARRO MAFIA?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

IS THIS BIZARRO MAFIA?

it's a miserable pile of shitposts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

it's a miserable pile of shitposts

Nah this is harsh but I'm not seeing a lot of great play so far, za continues to look p deece tho

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bad post, compadre. You're completely riding on the back of things other people said and did the classic faux +1 to content thing that scum tend to do. You're also framing this argument from an emotional perspective, basically saying without saying it that you find my mannerisms irritating rather than finding me scummy. ##vote RoyDrowsy

Oh, to clarify, the scum would want to ride the wave that is my rudeness to an easy and early hang of me. They want me out of the game and this is a common issue I have early on so I'm a little used to it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Action Bronson has had a pretty good year. Aside from his continuing youtube cooking/eating series with Vice, his first major label album, Mr. Wonderful, was released to decent sales and positive critical reception. I'd hardly consider it his best work, but it's a nice milestone for a guy who's only been rapping seriously for half a decade. A former gourmet chef and continual libertine, his lyrics revolve around real and imagined day-to-day adventures in drugs, sex, and cuisine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPCQgzA1cnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5n8_VS_Ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAPJCAmDRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP_w1rQweE

:siren: In honor of Bronson, you have the option of making a rap related to your favorite food, sexual encounter, or drug. Submit your raps by lynch deadline, and I'll post them all at the flip. You'll then be able to discuss which is best. When you've reached a decision, or a deadlock requiring a vote, we'll conclude the challenge and the winner will receive a prize. :siren:

To clarify you don't have to record or produce, just submit a verse or some lines or w/e

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll be doing the challenge either tonight after 10pm (when I get home :( ) or tomorrow when I have off, but fully expect some sick rhymz

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well, I'm sick of people doing it. It clutters things up and there are ways that are more fun in jumpstarting a game (which this didn't do either you royal butt). Don't claim anything instead W_W

I expect an apology for this post Diq.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why would I apologize for telling you the truth about doing that dumb thing you do, I still feel the same way about it as I did when I wrote that! The only difference is, being tired, I was willing to say it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You think it didn't jumpstart the game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Only by way of me being irritated at you for doing it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That is to say, me lecturing you abrasively got enough people involved that I was vote-able and the action of me being voted has jumpstarted this game, not your bad thing. I did it, not you.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

oh, okay. thanks!

My preferred pronouns are "It", "She" and "He".

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HiipFire posted:

My preferred pronouns are "It", "She" and "He".

"poo poo"

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

works with me

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

That is to say, me lecturing you abrasively got enough people involved that I was vote-able and the action of me being voted has jumpstarted this game, not your bad thing. I did it, not you.

Wait, so you're upset that you getting all upset got the game going, even though you wanted to get the game going.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wanted the game to get going too! I just despise out-of-the-gate claims in general and VT is the most annoying of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You can get the result you want and still be displeased with the path taken to do so.

• Locked thread