Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Post the original page and I can make an attempt to surmise what the gently caress was said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Their reader is so bad, ugggh.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Missing Name posted:

The most I've seen Sasha pissed off.

That other kid was groping her butt!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

abgushte badamjan posted:

Yeah he was the commander of the Scouting Legion prior to Erwin, but it always made me wonder why a former commander would end up being like the head instructor drill sergeant guy after retiring tho??

It would make sense for him to want the next generations to do better, and also to atone for his perceived mistakes, since he seemed to blame himself for all of the deaths under his command.

Thoren posted:

Did you miss the part where he was a really strong monkey?

Yea, he ripped a chunk out of the wall with his bare hands and threw it at the fort, way back around he first showed up. If anybody could crack Reiner's armor, it would be him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Monkey Titan seems like a pretty chill dude.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm definitely still holding out for some sort of "the beyond the wall folks (Reiner/Bert/Annie/Monkey titan) were actually right" reveal at some point.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm definitely still holding out for some sort of "the beyond the wall folks (Reiner/Bert/Annie/Monkey titan) were actually right" reveal at some point.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I saw a discussion on the CR translation and someone plugged the raw into google translate. It came out saying ani-chan so it looks like CR is wrong.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Sub Harrison posted:

I saw a discussion on the CR translation and someone plugged the raw into google translate. It came out saying ani-chan so it looks like CR is wrong.

Doesn't that mean CR is right?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised that money is a concern for the military and Survey Corps considering the state apparatus seems to have absolute power and they're facing an existential threat. Shouldn't the limiting factor be manpower, raw resources, expertise, and time investment, instead of something abstract like money? If they run out of money are they just going to roll over and go "Well we can't afford to fight off the titans anymore"? Obviously not, so why is it even a factor in their considerations in the first place?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Brannock posted:

I'm surprised that money is a concern for the military and Survey Corps considering the state apparatus seems to have absolute power and they're facing an existential threat. Shouldn't the limiting factor be manpower, raw resources, expertise, and time investment, instead of something abstract like money? If they run out of money are they just going to roll over and go "Well we can't afford to fight off the titans anymore"? Obviously not, so why is it even a factor in their considerations in the first place?

Throughout real history, even in existentially threatening times, money remains a concern. The walled civilization isn't a command economy, and while it has totalitarian political power, it still has a money based market economy and a financially strong elite class, so for the current rulers to provision all those things you mentioned as actually needed, they'll need money. They certainly don't seem like they have the political capital to just start taking what they need and conscripting people at will.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Brannock posted:

There has been a massive change in society within two months. Bringing down the nobles and abolishing money would be an even bigger change. People can typically handle change but not too much. It's scary. Levi being pissed off at the comments about money though shows that he realizes what the audience knows- right now the nobility and money and all that doesn't matter, humanity is in a battle for survival and a lot of people are trying to pretend it isn't. What they're trying to do now though is not have another civil war break out after assuming command and that means making some compromises.

What I'm surprised of is Erwin and Pixis aren't plotting to get rid of Zackley- because he's clearly a ticking time bomb.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 9, 2015

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What I'm surprised of is Erwin and Pixis aren't plotting to get rid of Zackley- because he's clearly a ticking time bomb.

Some people just don't understand art :rolleyes:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Nelson Mandingo posted:

They aren't in a position to be picky about allies. He's got influence they can't replace if they get rid of him.

I'm sure it'll bite them in the rear end eventually.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Check this guy out:

"Key to the story", according to Isayama.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone notice that Monkey's Uncle just casually extracted himself from his titan form? No need for anyone to cut him out or anything.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Did anyone notice that Monkey's Uncle just casually extracted himself from his titan form? No need for anyone to cut him out or anything.

Seems to be routine for experienced titan shifters. Even Eren is getting the hang of it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Check this guy out:

He said that ~3 months ago right?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Think he's related to Armin?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

PaganGoatPants posted:

He said that ~3 months ago right?

I got the pic and quote from elsewhere so dunno. Probably?

Thoren
May 28, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

Doesn't that mean CR is right?

No CR swapped Annie with Reiner in the dialogue.

gently caress Crunchyroll

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Say Nothing posted:

I thought they usually dissipate their body when they do that, but Magilla just popped out of Gorilla's neck cleanly and is standing on his shoulder chatting.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Archenteron posted:

I thought they usually dissipate their body when they do that, but Magilla just popped out of Gorilla's neck cleanly and is standing on his shoulder chatting.

Ymir has done this

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I assume that Crunchyroll fixed the translation, as it mentions saving Annie now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Thoren posted:

No CR swapped Annie with Reiner in the dialogue.

gently caress Crunchyroll

It seems the original said "ani", from aniki (brother), referring to Reiner. Others thought it was "Annie".

I'm not sure who should be gently caress.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it would be really easy to tell if i could look at the raw page because if it's in katakana it's annie, if it isn't it's probably reiner. either way it doesn't really matter and it's just grape ape telling bertolt that he's in charge now

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Somebody just link to a raw before we spend another two pages debating hypothetical translations.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

muike posted:

it would be really easy to tell if i could look at the raw page because if it's in katakana it's annie, if it isn't it's probably reiner. either way it doesn't really matter and it's just grape ape telling bertolt that he's in charge now
Found it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's annie, yeah.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I love grape ape.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Kyte posted:

Check this guy out:

:confused:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

That's annie, yeah.

CR hosed up then...nice.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

That's annie, yeah.

edit: CR fixed it already, btw.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Awesome chapter, the story finally seems to be moving at a solid pace now. We haven't seen the Funky Monkey's human form yet have we? I want to make sure I'm not missing some huge reveal because I forgot a character.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Awesome chapter, the story finally seems to be moving at a solid pace now. We haven't seen the Funky Monkey's human form yet have we? I want to make sure I'm not missing some huge reveal because I forgot a character.

The guy with the beard and glasses is Funky Monkey. He kicked Reiner's rear end in sparring/to assert dominance, and then climbed out of his titan and put his glasses on.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The guy with the beard and glasses is Funky Monkey. He kicked Reiner's rear end in sparring/to assert dominance, and then climbed out of his titan and put his glasses on.

I think he meant before this chapter. As in, is this guy someone we already know?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Oh, then I don't think so.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Monkey Man kinda looks like Grisha to me

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Monkey Man kinda looks like Grisha to me

Grisha's titan looks a hell of a lot like Monkey Trouble too, so they could be brothers or poo poo for all we know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
So which guy is Grisha again?