Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Jason Statham as Bullseye would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He dropped out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

He dropped out.

Okay, then I'll settle for Seth Green doing his Statham impression from the Italian Job

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I thought it was all rumor.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Doublepost, but Marvel dropped the AKA from Jessica Jones

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good, it was kind of awkward.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

muscles like this? posted:

Good, it was kind of awkward.

As is the Jessica Jones part.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Soylentbits posted:

As is the Jessica Jones part.

I'm just so nervous for this drat series. I absolutely love Alias and her appearances in Daredevil here and there, but it's going to be so hard to make it work. I'm actually glad they're going with just Jessica Jones, instead of something like "Jessica Jones, Super PI" or "Fallen Hero"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think Alias: Jessica Jones, would have worked if not for accidentally creating a link in people's minds to the Jennifer Garner show (obviously that's also the reason they didn't just call it Alias). So they went with the most obvious alternative, but it really just didn't work, and all their other shows and movies are just the character's name. Thor wasn't called Journey into Mystery and Doctor Strange's movie won't be Strange Tales.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I've only ever seen Kristen Ritter in low quality Legally Blonde-esque chick-flick comedy dramas. I think she was a vampire in one of them.

That's the only thing keeping me from being excited about the show. I have no idea if she could carry it. Clearly somebody does, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Drifter posted:

I've only ever seen Kristen Ritter in low quality Legally Blonde-esque chick-flick comedy dramas. I think she was a vampire in one of them.

That's the only thing keeping me from being excited about the show. I have no idea if she could carry it. Clearly somebody does, though.

She's decent in Breaking Bad and I really liked Don't Trust the B. But I imagine both the characters she played in those won't be similar to Jessica Jones. At the very least though it indicates she has some range.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

She's decent in Breaking Bad and I really liked Don't Trust the B. But I imagine both the characters she played in those won't be similar to Jessica Jones. At the very least though it indicates she has some range.

Well, the character in Breaking Bad was a recovering/relapsing addict, which is something that could certainly be done in JJ as well, just with alcohol instead of heroin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She's definitely a good actor. Plus I can't think of a major casting misstep that Marvel has made. Look at how good the casting for DD was.

I'm more skeptical, I guess, of Mike Colter, just because I've seen him in the Good Wife. Though he's playing an entirely different kind of character in that so I'm remaining open minded.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Guess this fits here?

90's cartoon Reboot is getting a reboot! :dance:

...As an Hybrid Live Action/CGI series.

quote:

Created by Michael Hefferon, “The Guardian Code” is an adventure-comedy about four teens who discover they’re next-generation Guardians tasked with saving the world, by defending it in cyberspace. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, they stream into cyberspace, where they use their code-based powers to battle viruses unleashed by the ruthless hacker Sourcerer.

:raise: Okay?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So this is a Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad reboot, is what they are saying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

No Matthew Lawrence, no Tim Curry, what's the point?

(And for reals, with Tony Jay dead, what's the point anyway?)

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

ToastyPotato posted:

Goddamn this made me flash back so hard.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

No Matthew Lawrence, no Tim Curry, what's the point?

(And for reals, with Tony Jay dead, what's the point anyway?)

Aw man you reminded me that Tim Curry made his first public appearance in 2 years after his stroke yesterday.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Awwww, I didn't even know he'd had one, let alone one so clearly punishing on the poor sod. That's terrible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Guess this fits here?

90's cartoon Reboot is getting a reboot! :dance:

...As an Hybrid Live Action/CGI series.

:raise: Okay?

Sooo...Literally a Live Action Code Lyoko.

edit:

Apparently already they made a Live Action Code Lyoko :stare: I know that show was french but was it really that popular over there?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 9, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
We have a Punisher
http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shouldn't Dan Didio be posting that?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Interesting, though this has me worried that they'll try too hard to maintain S1's tone of "crime drama first, superhero second," which doesn't really seen tenable with the Hand/Chaste stuff teased in S1, let alone the more ostentatious superpowers of the other Netflix protagonists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo. Fantastic casting.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Well you can't really put Bullseye in there without being ostentatious. Same with Elektra, pretty much. This is probably the best place for Punisher, assuming he'll be an antagonist. And yeah that casting is really interesting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Holy poo poo. Fantastic casting.

Yeah one of those I would've never in a million years come up with, but as soon as I heard it I was like "drat, that's dead on".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, he's been a fan favorite for the role since like the second season of Walking Dead and usually pops up on most of those fan casting articles every site seems to do.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Interesting, though this has me worried that they'll try too hard to maintain S1's tone of "crime drama first, superhero second," which doesn't really seen tenable with the Hand/Chaste stuff teased in S1, let alone the more ostentatious superpowers of the other Netflix protagonists.

The Hand/chaste stuff seems more connected with the defenders stuff.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

bobkatt013 posted:

The Hand/chaste stuff seems more connected with the defenders stuff.

Also, might it be possible that they save that stuff for Defenders and/or S3? The season 2 that we are getting wasn't in the original cards, which is why they had to get new showrunners right? Because the previous dudes were booked on other work, not expecting to go again so soon. I could see a lot of plot being pushed back to S3, which maybe might explain why so many characters are being lined up for S2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Also, might it be possible that they save that stuff for Defenders and/or S3? The season 2 that we are getting wasn't in the original cards, which is why they had to get new showrunners right? Because the previous dudes were booked on other work, not expecting to go again so soon. I could see a lot of plot being pushed back to S3, which maybe might explain why so many characters are being lined up for S2.

The hand stuff seems to definitely is connected with the defenders stuff, due to the comments about the gate opening and iron fist references. Its also not shocking that we are getting Elektra as even the old showrunner said that if they get a season 2 she will be part.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of the Punisher, the lady who directed Punisher War Zone is going to direct an episode of Arrow next year. Don't think I'd seen that mentioned yet.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

Possible, sure. I'd like to see S2 embrace the fantastical comic book elements more than S1 did, though, as I honestly think S1 went so far in the crime drama direction that the few exceptions (mainly the Stick episode and the Nobu fight) felt pretty out of place.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I want to know what was up with that kid

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

omg chael crash posted:

Watch the Electra movie. On second thought, don't do that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

The kid was essentially a potential vessel for some otherworldly demon known as The Beast.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

American Gods is actually happening. And Bryan Fuller's running it so it should actually be good!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of the Punisher, the lady who directed Punisher War Zone is going to direct an episode of Arrow next year. Don't think I'd seen that mentioned yet.

Roy comes back and gets blown up by a somersault-homing rocket.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm halfway through SHIELD S2 and they are really going all in on this Inhumans stuff huh.

So we had five prominent comic book shows on this year, how do y'all rank them?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Daredevil

Everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh and next year we'll have: Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, AoS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage and maybe a second season of JJ :stare: