Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Your face is misformated I'll kick you in the yarbels!

how dare you my face is perfectly formatted you bounder, my mother said so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Puntification posted:

how dare you my face is perfectly formatted you bounder, my mother said so!

I'll give you a stick in the Gulliver real horror show like!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

CapitalistPig (3): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, Puntification, Puntification
Pinterest Mom (1): Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (2): CapitalistPig, Puntification

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 09th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 42 minutes.

Meinberg is STILL FUCKIN' DEAD LMAO

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

I'll give you a stick in the Gulliver real horror show like!

noo not my gulliver i'm using that!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol I thought you guys hammered me for a minute but I miscounted, I was about to call you all names.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok, so Mac and vote finder were aware, yeah?

I know it's a little spergs but rather safe than sorry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well, scum or town that's functionally proven hated won't gently caress us over tomorrow

##vote J

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol I thought you guys hammered me for a minute but I miscounted, I was about to call you all names.

I was really worried about mistiming and/or miscounting given the ropey internet connection I have atm as well.

I am inviting keane or hal tonight?

##vote pinterest

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

keane

hal and pig are targeting each other, yeah?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

keane

hal and pig are targeting each other, yeah?

I'd like Hal to hide actually.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal won't be able to verify then

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Hal catches a bullet tonight we'll have punt vig pig

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Right, so

Hal "investigates" Pig (lol hal is scum)
Pig RBs Hal
Punt invites Keane
Keane predicts that Pig votes for someone? I don't think this matters.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

please kill hal in memory of me
##vote pinterest mom
:redhammer:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Doc Brown's Garage, Hill Valley, CA - September 15th, 2007

Marty runs his fingers through photographs on old, dusty shelves. There's a dozen pics of Doc here - there's the one from 1885 - but none of them are what he's looking for. It's taken him years to get back here, through SkyNet's perimeter. They seem weaker now. Finally he finds the photo he's looking for and stares at it for a good long time.

"Ya look like ya seen a ghost," comes a voice from behind him. Marty turns but Biff's already upon him, smiling his toothy grin. He wraps his hands around Marty's throat. "C'mon, Marty, what'd ya think was gonna happen? You were gonna come here an' find the DeLorean, izzat it? Well trust me, punk, I searched for that thing ages ago. It's gone." Marty shoves Biff away and wipes the blood from his lip.

"If that's so then why attack me?" Marty asks. "I got nothin' you want, Biff."

"Oh but ya do, McFly. That Almanac, the one that tells the future. It's mine, McFly. It's gonna get me outta here. I'm gonna make enough money to get outta this country. Maybe get to France. I hear they ain't got no robots."

Marty sighs for a moment and then pulls the Almanac from his coat pocket and tosses it to Biff.

"Take it and go," he sighs. "Fat lot of good it's done me." Marty stands up from the floor and picks up the glossy photo Biff had made him drop. Tannen, for his part, seems a bit surprised at the ease of his success.

"Ya know McFly," he sighs, "I ain't been livin' out here alone. The robots need humans t' work for 'em, too. Can't be all machines, right? An' they pay well an' I get three squares... 'sbetter than waxin' cars. So I took a post out here, in Hill Valley, keepin' the peace for the new bosses - but I knew you'd come back, McFly. I may be old but I ain't dumb. You think maybe the old man left something you could use t' fix all this. Well he didn't. He died for nothin' an' so will you. Heck, you just went an' tossed me the only thing of value in this dump without puttin' up a fight."

Biff turns to leave.

"Just like yer pops, McFly. Born an' raised a chicken."

And there's the word. To this day Marty's not sure why it sets him off like it does, but he turns and rushes at Biff, sending him through a wall. Marty punches and punches and punches and Biff, aged as he is, can barely do anything to fight back. Marty breathes heavily and falls off him, again clutching at the glossy photograph. Suddenly a red light beeps on Biff's wristwatch - the machines are coming. Marty hurriedly hides the photo rushes out of the shack, moments before it explodes in a hail of plasma fire. He covers his head and waits for the end to come.

Minutes later the scene is clear and Marty McFly is gone, his scorched red jacket left lying in the ashes. The only thing that remains intact is the object he sought, the thing that would give him hope.

A photograph of Doc Brown and an older Marty McFly shaking hands in Hill Valley.

Dated 2015.

Pinterest Mom playing the role of Marty McFly, Humanity-Aligned, has died Day 6.

It's now Night 6. GET 'EM IN, EVERYONE.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Wan Li's Safehouse - September 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM

"So from what you're telling us," Reese says, holding his definitely aching head, "is that we're not just dealing with monsters and robots but there's something wrong with time, too?" Aaron nods and places a large diagram on the counter.

"It's a bit heavy, but I'll try to explain it." he says, pointing at a mishmash of various colored lines that means something to only him. "In my... experience, time only goes one way. You can only time travel backwards, and only back to the point when the time machine was turned on. Recent experience and phenomenon is telling us that this is correct, but not how we expected."

"I'm not following," Murphy says, confused.

"There's a couple of other factors at work here. First off, we now know that SkyNet's main AI was pulled from an alternate world, which means we're not just dealing with time travel here. We also know that time travel is possible via normal scientific means, like with the technology John Connor's people have, based on Emmett Brown's research. Plus, if what Wan Li's found out about this book is true, it's possible via magical means too - though really, magic is just science in a different way of perception."

"Can we get to the point?" Strode asks.

"Certainly. The point is threefold: First, if we can travel through time as much as people have, then causality is nonexistent. Our present must be constantly changing in response to time travelers and our existence, our memories, change to accommodate that. If I go back in time and save the President before Bond assassinates him, then as far as you're concerned he was never assassinated. You would be altered to know no other reality.

"The second point, and this is important to us, is that I would be unaltered. Time travelers, as noted in Brown's work, are functionally immune to changes in history. We shift along with our worlds but remember the altered timeline. A side-effect of traveling, I'd think. Of course, if the changes were only so small then perhaps it wouldn't change the world and only some people would be altered, some things. You might save a building, or stop a cop from being shot and turned into a cyborg. From our perspective, the cyborg still existed but time changes for him. What the existence of the three anomalies here is, Wan Li, is that someone is actively changing the past."

"Then why don't we?" Reese responds.

"And there's the third point," Aaron says, frowning. "We don't know if these changes will be good or bad. Sure, Murphy was saved but maybe him becoming Robocop was good for the world. And we don't know how far back whoever is changing things has gone."

"How do you mean?" asks Wan Li.

"Because like I said, you can only travel back to when the time machine was turned on," Aaron says, adjusting his tie nervously. "But there's evidence in this book of people traveling back as far as the Middle Ages. Which means the main method of time travel, the original device, had to have been invented hundreds of years ago. And that means we can change everything."

Wan Li looks at his compatriots and then places his brown fedora on his wrinkly head.

"Then that's what we're gonna do."

NO ONE has died. It's now Day 7! YAY!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Puntification, Tremendous Taste

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 11th, 2015 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Meinberg is STILL FUCKIN' DEAD LMAO

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Punt invited me to his cool dude club.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cool let's think about this

hal first with the vig?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

cool let's think about this

hal first with the vig?

Taste are you scum, buddy?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CHANGING EVERYTHING IS A BAD IDEA WAN LI ASK ASH

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Taste are you scum, buddy?

Keane, are you high, friend?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Keane, are you high, friend?

You didn't answer my question, pal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm flabbergasted it was serious, buddy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm flabbergasted it was serious, buddy

You can't reuse the word buddy, partner.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I did my duty and Roleblocked Hal, it said it was a success.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

You can't reuse the word buddy, partner.

I missed it, Chief!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can you confirm RB, Hal?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I missed it, Chief!

It's okay, sport.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I made up that poo poo about Punt to keep us both alive into lylo.

If Hal confirms, Pig is cleared, it's Hal or Keane. Vig Hal, if game continues, lynch Keane.

If Hal denies, vig Hal. If game continues, it's Pig.

Game over.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Slugger

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah, wait, I'm thinking as if there was a kill last night, amigo!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I made up that poo poo about Punt to keep us both alive into lylo.

If Hal confirms, Pig is cleared, it's Hal or Keane. Vig Hal, if game continues, lynch Keane.

If Hal denies, vig Hal. If game continues, it's Pig.

Game over.

What poo poo did you make up?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ace

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the kb/ t-1000 message

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

killer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can confirm I was RB'd

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pig, whatcha got rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Pig, whatcha got rn

The exact same stuff I had when I said it yesterday.

• Locked thread