Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn posted:

You forgot that Squirrel Girl is their babysitter.

When will Netflix make this?

Seriously next April 1st they should announce it, real or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh I thought you were just talking about this part of the comic

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Now this is a fan poster but it's about a billion times better.

All I can think about is this and related art for this game:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Habibi posted:

And probably sometimes some executives get lucky or even have a clue of what they're doing and pass down a vision that isn't poo on a stick that is also made of poo.

I'm guessing a lot of that is from how much the studio execs have invested in the promotion of a particular movie. So the big twelve foot tall standees that go into the major movie chains to to promote a big summer blockbuster, for obvious reasons, get more attention than a poster for an art film released in mid-February.

In the case of Netflix, I'm guessing they figured that is just kind of a good enough poster. On just about most devices that show Netflix, the posters are actually pretty small. On most devices, Netflix posters for shows are smaller than your thumb proportionally. By that I mean that if you were to sit in your normal comfy chair in front of your big screen TV, extend your arm and do a thumbs up, your thumb would cover the the poster.

It looks bad when blown up, but as a tiny thumbnail poster it looks OK.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 2, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jedit posted:

Also you're a giant loving sperglord with no sense of fun, though that should come as no surprise to anyone who has read this far in the thread.

you are displaying the behaviors you are accusing this poster of having.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Cool, for some reason I thought the Jessica Jones thing was canceled. Alias was pretty great, she vomited on Thor that one time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
We have Punisher
http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Weird, and I was sure there was no God.

Berenthal is a great pick. I'll assume they're keeping an eye towards spinning this off as its own series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Talk about perfect carting. Wow. Great stuff.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm looking forward to watching Crazy Shane except on a show written by people that understand how characters and stories work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VDay posted:

I'm looking forward to watching Crazy Shane except on a show written by people that understand how characters and stories work.

But he's not crazy, he's the only sane one in an insane world. :D

Hoping for the scene where Frank ties up Matt with a gun pointed at him and says "I'm going to kill this man. All you have to do to stop me is pull that trigger"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Oh man, the dichotomy of Matt and Frank is going to be awesome.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 9, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I'm excited for some Punisher, but I really hope he's not a Hell's Kitchen native who has set out to clean up the neighborhood. The war on crime isn't limited by neighborhood, municipality, region, or State. He'd probably work best as someone just passing through, cleaning up the streets on his way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gyges posted:

I'm excited for some Punisher, but I really hope he's not a Hell's Kitchen native who has set out to clean up the neighborhood. The war on crime isn't limited by neighborhood, municipality, region, or State. He'd probably work best as someone just passing through, cleaning up the streets on his way.

Well, except New York is a pretty big part of Frank Castle. Family killed in Central Park by the New York mob and all...

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

epic

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Perfect casting. Can't wait.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Johnny Storm: Black Man's Nightmare 3

Burning_Monk posted:

Oh man, the dichotomy of Matt and Frank is going to be awesome.
Between him and Electra being introduced this season, this is great. The temptation of not pursing justice and the temptation to it too far in one season is going to make for compelling poo poo.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 9, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Johnny Storm: Black Man's Nightmare 3

She also had a crush on Peter Parker, but he never knew she existed outside as "coma girl". If they do that scene they could just use cap.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:staredog:

Amazing. Marvel's casting department continues their rampage.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Which comic is that and apparently he has a giant neck tattoo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Looks like welcome back frank.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah it's the first issue of Garth Ennis' run which, along with his MAX run, is considered the definitive modern Punisher story.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

zoux posted:

Looking forward to seeing Punisher Dog introduced to continuity. I feel he'll bring a lot of pathos and gritty realism to Marvel's TV universe and enhance Frank's character immensely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

She also had a crush on Peter Parker, but he never knew she existed outside as "coma girl". If they do that scene they could just use cap.

I was going to say "They do have Spider-Man now" but I just remembered they're casting him as 16.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aphrodite posted:

I was going to say "They do have Spider-Man now" but I just remembered they're casting him as 16.

That's like 800 in spider years.

e: Ra's ar Achnid. Maybe they'll do a crossover.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 9, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I suppose it's only fair to give a villain his own show.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Medullah posted:

Well, except New York is a pretty big part of Frank Castle. Family killed in Central Park by the New York mob and all...

Yes, but New York does not equal Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan and he seems to get outside New York than more than most Marvel characters. Extra dimensions and space excluded, of course. Marvel already has an issue with almost everyone being from/living in New York City, they really don't need to further compress everyone down to being from a specific neighborhood of the city.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my god, YES.
YESYESYESYESYESESYES

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
With Frank and Elektra in season 2...idk, I just hope this doesn't turn out like Spidey 3. Why do sequel anythings always have more and more poo poo shoveled into them?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HIJK posted:

With Frank and Elektra in season 2...idk, I just hope this doesn't turn out like Spidey 3. Why do sequel anythings always have more and more poo poo shoveled into them?

3 hour movie is equal to 13 hour show. This season had Hand, Kingpin, Gladiator, Turk, and Owl.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

bobkatt013 posted:

3 hour movie is equal to 13 hour show. This season had Hand, Kingpin, Gladiator, Turk, and Owl.

Of those, Kingpin was the one who mattered the most and the rest were bit players. (I mean, did Leeland count as Owl?)

It'll depend on how they're used and what kind of details they give us but :ohdear: Don't screw this up Marvel.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

HIJK posted:

It wont. It's gonna turn out like Miller's initial run that made DD famous, give us Elektra and Punisher and set the table for "Born Again" like we've always wanted. It's going to be great. Punisher works perfectly with what Netflix has done so far with DD and I can't wait. Now who's going to play Bullseye?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

That seems like a strange career choice for Bernthal, he was just in Wolf of Wall Street and Fury.

Liked him in both but just saying, strange move.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Midnight City posted:

That seems like a strange career choice for Bernthal, he was just in Wolf of Wall Street and Fury.

Playing a highly demanded character with a pretty good chance of your own series that you don't need to fear the Nielsen gods? Seems like a no brainer to me

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Midnight City posted:

He may have just really really wanted to be a superhero.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Probably should've gone for someone other than Frank Castle, then. :v:

Seriously though, Marvel properties are hot as hell and it should be no surprise that any actor would want in.

Unless you're Jason Statham I guess.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Where is Typhoid where is she.

I came her for ridiculous metal shoulder pads and women screaming about what they're unexpectedly wearing what is this bullshit

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Where is Typhoid where is she.

I came her for ridiculous metal shoulder pads and women screaming about what they're unexpectedly wearing what is this bullshit

Matt did not kill a hooker so she will not be in the show.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo.

That is literally the best (and not one I thought of before) casting picks I could have gone for. Guy should make a loving perfect Frank Castle.

Midnight City posted:

More and more serious actors are hitting up serious TV. It's not the "step down" it once was. In ten years you'll likely see more and more major stars doing TV stuff that you just wouldn't today. Maybe sooner.

Gyges posted:

Yes, but New York does not equal Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan and he seems to get outside New York than more than most Marvel characters. Extra dimensions and space excluded, of course. Marvel already has an issue with almost everyone being from/living in New York City, they really don't need to further compress everyone down to being from a specific neighborhood of the city.

I'd dig if his backstory was changed so that they were coming back from Central Park, instead, and got killed in the Kingpin's "blow up all the Russians and huge parts of the city" plan. That puts them in the direct crossfire between crime and Daredevil and could make for a hell of a good entrance to the character.

Plus it'd be a nice callback to his first comic appearance, just replacing Spider-Man with Daredevil as the one he's trying to kill.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Matt did not kill a hooker

that we know of :tinfoil: