Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Blargh I can't read these spoilers or i will feel ashamed of my words and deeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

Ha ha, so the collectors edition just unlocks more shield and camo colors to choose from. Pathetic.

One more spoiler from that 4chan guy, regarding Quiet and Cipher:
Huey has been working for Cipher designing supersoldiers (The Skulls mentioned in the previews) and Quiet was part of that program, that's why she has some of their powers. Oh, and Cipher is now run by Skullface who got the Philosophers Legacy. It's actually Zero who asks you to hunt down Cipher.

and a really loving crazy one which I hope isn't true:
Kaz is racist and he drops the n bomb during the game
they would face ridiculous backlash if this was actually the case

You sure it's the same guy?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol "information" from 4chan

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
It's 4chan, out of 6 or so spoiler posts he made I'd call two of them semi-believable

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol "information" from 4chan

The most honest community on the net, imo.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Someone should make a steam group btw so we could invade each other bases

And by invading bases I mean this:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

So basically she had clone babies, sent Snake a very long tape, ran off to Eastern Europe and became mother to a bunch of soldiers?

Terminally Bored posted:

Was this even part of his character before? I can get being upset with Afghans and Russians because of the whole torturing thing and throwing some slurs their way but to just randomly being all "gently caress black people" is really weird. Not buying it.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

croutonZA posted:

Was this even part of his character before? I can get being upset with Afghans and Russians because of the whole torturing thing and throwing some slurs their way but to just randomly being all "gently caress black people" is really weird. Not buying it.

It does sound really stupid but at the same time Kojima said he wanted to explore controversial themes like race in the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

he also said he was touching on taboos that could (possibly did) get him kicked out of the industry.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I still don't believe it though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

(regarding quality/content of cassette tapes)
That final spoiler makes this whole thing seem like bullshit. I think they're trying to start a rumor that the entire game is just Psycho Mantis fuckery and Not What We Think It Is.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Nanomachines. All of it was nanomachines.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Worst Girl posted:

That final spoiler makes this whole thing seem like bullshit. I think they're trying to start a rumor that the entire game is just Psycho Mantis fuckery and Not What We Think It Is.

To be fair, given Kojima and the subject matter, that is as likely as it isn't at this point.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Worst Girl posted:

I'd assume that would be a late game twist if true, and I don't think any of the press played that far into the game. Not past the first half at least.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im curious what the taboo is but i don't want to spoil it. what direction is it? big boss kill a kid?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

it's a fake leak that Kaz says friend of the family.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
it's a real leak that Kaz says friend of the family

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Either way I'll be happy.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope there's no buildup to it, you're just hanging out on base and he stubs his toe and yells SIXTY NIGGERS like it's reflexive

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I need niggers! 61!

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Kazuhira Miller the N Word Thriller

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I just can't deal with all these, all these...

[pulls BB behind a crate and says really low] niggers

in this base!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought you guys were joking but nope really lol

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Konami actively fired Kojima for killing racism.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BB: Kaz, what do you think about this Rhodesia stuff?
Kaz: [Bowser voice] friend of the family!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
METAL GEAR SOLID V - The Phantom Pain: Kaz says friend of the family

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Terminally Bored posted:

Ha ha, so the collectors edition just unlocks more shield and camo colors to choose from. Pathetic.

One more spoiler from that 4chan guy, regarding Quiet and Cipher:
Huey has been working for Cipher designing supersoldiers (The Skulls mentioned in the previews) and Quiet was part of that program, that's why she has some of their powers. Oh, and Cipher is now run by Skullface who got the Philosophers Legacy. It's actually Zero who asks you to hunt down Cipher.

kojima said the game's theme is "RACE" so i hope this is in fact true

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Terminally Bored posted:

There may be microtransactions in the game

That sounds exactly like the timer on the Android/iOS Mother Base building app. It builds in realtime, it gets great boosts when you complete missions or whatev in GZ and sync it to it, and it is only going to be a deal for sad types desperate for something to take out their Hayter-mouring rage on.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ITs fake cuz nobodys written an editorial on it yet.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
If Master Miller says the word "friend of the family" in Metal Gear Solid, can you guys even imagine how many more sales Konami'll get from gamers in the KKK? Kudos to Kojima for hitting all the demographics.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They played us like a drat n*gger!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Blackheart posted:

They played us like a drat n*gger!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Tbh, since they're in southern Africa and Apartheid was a thing still, that slur would be outta place. Gotta go with the K word for authenticity.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
I feel like the only reason/context that would explain Kaz saying friend of the family would be him trying to taunt the black kids. From Africa. Who have no idea the connotation behind the word.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

As half japanese and half american, miller is the most racist type of person possible

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Paranoid Dude posted:

I feel like the only reason/context that would explain Kaz saying friend of the family would be him trying to taunt the black kids. From Africa. Who have no idea the connotation behind the word.

I think Rhodesian kids would definitely know the connotations of the word.

A favorite phrase to throw around during the later parts of Ian Smith's tenure was "friend of the family lover".

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

I think Rhodesian kids would definitely know the connotations of the word.

A favorite phrase to throw around during the later parts of Ian Smith's tenure was "friend of the family lover".

You bring up a good point, although I believe the children (specifically the recurring three from the trailers) are Congolese.

That doesn't mean that they wouldn't be familiar with the term though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't wait to see what crazy shenanigans Kojima came up with with my own eyes.
Considering everything we've heard so far, even disregarding the unconfirmed stuff, MGSV is gonna be the craziest of crazy Kojima shenanigans.

Shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Now this is my kind of pre-release speculation!!!!

• Locked thread