Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

"I'm out of gun food!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They kill clean, don't let dames get in the way

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Oh, no, no! What I went through today was "like a nightmare." What happened when I was 16? That is my life.

(The whole thing is too long to call a line, but this monolog is just so... funny, typical... it's so Venture.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Every story about how old team venture treated rusty is hilariously dark.

not today, rusty, not today

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

My favorite Hank line:

Hank: Brock, if pirates really exist, I mean, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy could even be real, right? It's like all bets are off!

Brock: Hank nobody ever said pirates don't exist.

Hank: So you agree with me that this is impossible!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Sash! posted:

They kill clean, don't let dames get in the way

This is my favorite for giving the follow-up line "It's like he channels dead crazy people."

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

RandallODim posted:

This is my favorite for giving the follow-up line "It's like he channels dead crazy people."

Which leads to the ever so introspective "Do you think it's a cry for help?", one of my personal favorites.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I still love:

Billy Quizboy: "But why can't I hear them?"

Red Mantle: "Because you are sane!"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Pretty much any line from the episode where Hank gets laid, but outside of that I loving adore Geathers and Brock riffing on the strippers sad tits. Mournful tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

johntfs posted:

I still love:

Billy Quizboy: "But why can't I hear them?"

Red Mantle: "Because you are sane!"

TOO SOON!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

tarlibone posted:

Oh, no, no! What I went through today was "like a nightmare." What happened when I was 16? That is my life.

(The whole thing is too long to call a line, but this monolog is just so... funny, typical... it's so Venture.)

It's time like that you understand why Rusty is so hosed up, as clearly he life was pretty loving dark.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

the boy is gonna see somebody die and if he doesn't want it to be his father, he's gonna pull that trigger

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Hey why do you still have tits

Just the delivery and the sudden cut to ending sets me off

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Since this started as a Post Your Favorite Hank Quote I feel the need to share mine.

from Showdown at Cremation Creek II
"Hello-ski! I am, how you say, Russian Guyovich"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Piper posted:

Since this started as a Post Your Favorite Hank Quote I feel the need to share mine.

from Showdown at Cremation Creek II
"Hello-ski! I am, how you say, Russian Guyovich"

you're not gonna... bad touch me, are you?

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Ever since the Iron Mans, everybody wants the robot heart.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Hank, leave the man alone. Just because he's black doesn't mean he has The Shining.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Every story about how old team venture treated rusty is hilariously dark.
The sad fact is that, in purely relative terms, Rusty Venture turned out pretty decent. Yeah, he's a pill-popping con-artist with extremely questionable morals and terrible personal relationships... but when you see his childhood, you realize he could have turned out much worse than he did.

The "Self-Medication" episode, which showed the other boy adventurers, really drove that one home. Yeah, Rusty is a major gently caress-up, but he's still more stable than his peers.

That episode also had...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9pwuADv3ak

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

that was a great rusty episode - I mean, I can't even get an erection now unless I'm tied to a chair with a time bomb taped to my chest.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the boy is gonna see somebody die and if he doesn't want it to be his father, he's gonna pull that trigger

I love the line leading up to that. Referring to the rifle, Col. Gentleman says, "That baby's gonna kick like a virgin, so have to re-level quick!"

It's going to kick like a virgin. That says so much about the Colonel, and even more when you consider the fact that this is what he tells a child who is being tasked with killing a man.

Well, a man-jackal hybrid, at any rate.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

tarlibone posted:

I love the line leading up to that. Referring to the rifle, Col. Gentleman says, "That baby's gonna kick like a virgin, so have to re-level quick!"

It's going to kick like a virgin. That says so much about the Colonel, and even more when you consider the fact that this is what he tells a child who is being tasked with killing a man.

Well, a man-jackal hybrid, at any rate.

haha, I'm not sure I ever fully parsed that line

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How are the Monarch's parents connected to Dr. Venture? Just saw the episode where Monarch is flipping out over the polaroid.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Panfilo posted:

How are the Monarch's parents connected to Dr. Venture? Just saw the episode where Monarch is flipping out over the polaroid.

It's heavily implied that they 'swung' together, and when Monarch's parents died in a plane crash, it's thought that Jonas Sr. turned Monarch's father into Vendata, imperfectly blanking his memory while doing so, which seems to come back in snippets when Vendata is under duress.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love how there are all these characters that are just so brimming with charisma that you kind of love them, but every so often they drop a little thing to reassure you that they are awful and have done horrible things.

And then there's people like Doc Venture who are the inverse of that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

And then there's people like Doc Venture who are the inverse of that.

...who put the heart of an orphan into a virtual sex box.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Colonel Gentleman: "I don't want to get clean, I want to get filthy!"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The first time I heard Col. Gentleman I wondered for a second if they'd actually gotten Connery to do the voice, but then realized it's one of the most aped voices in existence.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like they made a character out of the version of Sean Connery from Weekend Update.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...who put the heart of an orphan into a virtual sex box.

Hey now, it was a joy can, and it can totally be more than just a sexbox. That's, you know, just what it happens to be the best at being, that's all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Panfilo posted:

The only connection is that Vendata was in a horrific plane crash in which his wife died. The Monarch mentions that he was in a plane crash and ran off into the woods where he lived with butterflies then went back to the city to collect his inheritance. If the two crashes are one and the same, it's likely that Venture Industries went to the crash site and saw everyone was dead. Then they collected the man to try to turn him into Venturion. He went crazy, tried to choke Rusty to death (metal murder man) and later became Vendata.

So if Vendata is his father, it could be that he was friends with Jonas. Then Jonas used his dead friend in an experiment. Much like Humongeloid was shrunk down and abandoned by Jonas.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 10, 2015

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I already know that you used to be a pedestrian

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Its also totally Jonas Sr and Crew to go to the crash site, count bodies, come up one short (the kid/Monarch), and just sort of go "welp whatever."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda want to see the non-Orb related Adventures of Col. Venture and his Teutonic Manservet Sandow.

I'm sorry you smell like spoiled fruit!
I smell of fresh cut flowers!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sash! posted:

Its also totally Jonas Sr and Crew to go to the crash site, count bodies, come up one short (the kid/Monarch), and just sort of go "welp whatever."

In the background Kano loads Mrs. Monarch into the X-1. Jonas squats down and moves to check Malcolm's pulse when Col Gentleman yells 'This ones alive!' Team Venture kicks into high gear and loads Vendata's broken husk of a body into the X-1 and immediately takes off. Malcolm wakes up rubbing his head.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
One of my favorite bits is when Shore Leave bitches about having Dean on his football team. The delivery is fantastic.

Nyeh~eh! Dean!

e: Oh man I forgot about another good one, and in the same clip even! - "I really wanted to be skins."

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 10, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vanrushal posted:

One of my favorite bits is when Shore Leave bitches about having Dean on his football team. The delivery is fantastic.

Nyeh~eh! Dean!

e: Oh man I forgot about another good one, and in the same clip even! - "I really wanted to be skins."

"There's somebody in my car."

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"There's somebody in my car."

Alright, that is a legitimate superpower. (I've seen him do that from another country away.)

One of my favorite lines, for reasons I don't really understand, has become an inside joke at my house. If my wife or son or I are eating any little candy like M&M's or Skittles, and someone asks for some, they get one, and the response is, "One? A skittle?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tarlibone posted:

One of my favorite lines, for reasons I don't really understand, has become an inside joke at my house. If my wife or son or I are eating any little candy like M&M's or Skittles, and someone asks for some, they get one, and the response is, "One? A skittle?"

Same. We've all been there and argh.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That whole episode was so great. Especially with Dr. O.

"This isn't a gallagher two PERFORMANCE."

And then when they get to Rusty's Invisible Harem.

"And there should be laughing. And mirth. and rear end grabbing!"
" Dude just do it he's upping the ante!"
" I demand kissing and I also demand.. 2ND BASE!"

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did anyone forget the title of this thread?