Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
is there an emoticon for goddamn anticlimax

QUANDARYYYYYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:zombie: welcome to gulag's undead ghost ship game, a mafia game for x amount of undead sailors:zombie:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Thank you to merk for flipping!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Ixtilton, QuoProQuid, and Shanakin, simple sailors all, have been endgamed
Look Under the Rock, Gridlocked, Opoponax, and CCKeane, mutineers, have outnumbered the remaining sailors and have won the game for the mutineers!

Quandary fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 10, 2015

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Thank you, Quandary, for giving me the opportunity for my second PEG LEG THROUGH THE EYE victory

Game was awesome! I'd also like to thank the town for their apathy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we killed the wrong lurkers. we should have killed the other ones

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Welp I was wrong about pretty much every lynch I pursued.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

freaking gridlocked and his stupid giant list.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

we killed the wrong lurkers. we should have killed the other ones

Sorry buddy. I kept thinking you were scum for sitting on the kill so long, and it got to the point where if you weren't scum, scum could just kill you and take your knife and win :(

It was also the last day where scum had to let you live, if we had lynched a townie they would have done what I did and won, just a day later.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Thank you LUTR for having the knife and Ninth Layer for carrying out our plan and saving us a day of lynchings.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Sorry buddy. I kept thinking you were scum for sitting on the kill so long, and it got to the point where if you weren't scum, scum could just kill you and take your knife and win :(

It was also the last day where scum had to let you live, if we had lynched a townie they would have done what I did and won, just a day later.

Yeah this was the plan basically

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I should have just used the second kill, but if I did I probably would have killed a townie anyway as I was thinking about knifing Pint or QPQ.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

I should have just used the second kill, but if I did I probably would have killed a townie anyway as I was thinking about knifing Pint or QPQ.

I was pretty confident that if you used the second kill you'd go for Pinterest Mom since that was your vote. Then it'd just be a matter of "okay so which townie do I slice to win"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah this was the plan basically

Which was funny because for quite a while there LUTR was prepared to go down in a blaze of stabbing glory because people were onto her.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i didnt know you could set up an infinite knife chain kill lol

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i didnt know you could set up an infinite knife chain kill lol

It was something I asked about shortly after you got a knife from being the last vote. It was also something I figured scum had to know about, but I didn't want to say it in the thread because it would have been a little too obvious I had asked because I had a knife.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

In the interest of this thread continuing to be my blog, I thought you fine folks would enjoy the sweet tunes I picked up a few minutes ago and am now enjoying:

This is a fantastic album. It is just disco versions of those songs. I just finished the 2001 theme. It was...interesting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Good game everybody!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
On the morning of the last day of their lives, the crew had no idea what was coming. While they hadn't had much luck in finding the mutineers, surely they had more time, right? They weren't even close to prepared for the chaos that was about to ensue. After a typical morning of bickering and attacking each other, it began. It started when good hearted The Ninth Layer stabbed GulagDolls, in an attempt to both kill a mutineer as well as get control of the knife that the crew had seen Gulag recover from 100Yrs's corpse. TNL managed to get the knife, but his primary goal was unfortunately a failure - in Gulags dying breaths, he professed undying loyalty to the ship and its crew. Unable to handle the fact he had just committed an unnecessary murder in cold blood, and with the whole crew staring, TNL fell to his knees, defenseless and distraught.

GulagDolls, sailor, was murdered by TNL

Then things got even more interesting. Look Under The Rock took advantage of The Ninth Layers moment of shock to use her own dagger, which she had been hiding since the beginning. Deep in sorrow, TNL never even saw her coming until after he lay dead next to the man he had just murdered. Karma is fitting. There was no question in anyone's mind after seeing TNL's reaction to murder that he was one of the good guys, but why would LUTR murder him? What motivation could she have to murder someone so clearly distraught over his own wrongdoing?[/i]

TNL, sailor, was murdered by LUTR

Before anyone had time to come to a conclusion on that qquestion, LUTR acted quick. Grabbing up the knife TNL had just got from Gulag, she turned around and threw it perfectly, landing it directly through the eyes of Pinterest Mom, killing him instantly. When they saw this, the few remaining crew realized what was going on; Look Under the Rock was a mutineer, and was looking to kill as many of the crew as possible.[/i]

Pinterest Mom, sailor, was murdered by LUTR

Unfortunately, by the time they realized it, there wasn't much the crew could do. As they started to move in LUTR's direction, the rest of the mutineers stepped in. Ixtilton, still staring in shock, was immediately pushed overboards by Opopanax, falling to his death. QuoProQuid had a few more moments than Ixtilton and spent them frantically looking around for anything to use as a weapon, until CCKeane bludgeoned him over the head with a large piece of chair, knocking him out instantly. After seeing his two fellow crewmates get killed, Shanakin fell to his knees begging and pleading, but it was no use. The mutineers were not much for mercy, and Gridlocked stepped in to casually slit Shanakins throat.

With no more threats to their plan, the mutineers sat back and waited for their allies. It was still a week before the pirates would arrive - their plan had gone much faster than scheduled and they spent that week as murderers tend to do, mostly gambling and drinking, with some casual hide and seek thrown in. One morning, however, they woke up and saw black sails on the horizon. The mutineers had accomplished their side of the bargain, and would live in both riches and infamy forever more.[/i]

Ixtilton, QuoProQuid, and Shanakin, simple sailors all, have been endgamed
Look Under the Rock, Gridlocked, Opoponax, and CCKeane, mutineers, have outnumbered the remaining sailors and have won the game for the mutineers!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ugh.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
And a few thoughts about this game from my perspective.

Honestly, I'm a bit dissapointed in how it turned out. I think this format has so much room for brilliance, but I don't know most of the game bought in and I think that's partially my fault and partially theirs. On my side, I shouldn't have had a game with vigs when I knew I wouldn't be available much during the day; that's bad modding and I apologize. I also wish I wouldn't have extended the deadine after a knifing. My thought process was that it was to prevent a one minute before deadline knifing that threw everything off, but I think in actuality that would have been preferable to the stall that occurred after the first two kills D1, which I don't know the game ever really recovered from. I think a quicker D1 deadine would have kept people involved far more in the game.

Secondly, I wish the town had been less apathetic. With no disrespect to the scum, who all played a good game, the town never put up a fight. Almost every day, the first name mentioned was the one that was lynched, more often than not a lurker lynched pushed by the scum. Ironically with all the lurker lynches, the scum were mostly all the more involved players in the game. The town died as soon as they stopped thinking for themselves and started blindly following whoever already had 2 votes.

Hopefully, despite those weaknesses, people still had fun with the game. I had a good time modding it at least

Congrats to the scum again!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There you see, Met, I'm not actually mean

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Well done guys. Somehow I didn't realise we were quite so close to end game but in retrospect the numbers make it fairly obvious.

It was an interesting game. The pacing was weird though and never really could keep on top of it. The timezone stuff and my daily grind weren't a great mix either. Everything being so malicious at the the start really did sour my interest in the game in the first few days, and then after that it the sense of overwhelming didn't really fade until the game became really small.

Should have pushed harder on my hunch about TNL and doubted myself less, I'm not sure I'd actually get the lynch through ever so, but whatever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It was Gridlocked all along!

Sorry I didn't participate more, the breakneck speed kind of threw me when I was trying to keep up with other games.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Shanakin posted:

Well done guys. Somehow I didn't realise we were quite so close to end game but in retrospect the numbers make it fairly obvious.

It was an interesting game. The pacing was weird though and never really could keep on top of it. The timezone stuff and my daily grind weren't a great mix either. Everything being so malicious at the the start really did sour my interest in the game in the first few days, and then after that it the sense of overwhelming didn't really fade until the game became really small.

Should have pushed harder on my hunch about TNL and doubted myself less, I'm not sure I'd actually get the lynch through ever so, but whatever.

Eh? I was town.

Anyway while I'm here, I think it may have helped this setup to extend days on the weekends. Friday, Saturday, Sunday one-day deadlines are pretty rough (I was busy most of Friday and gone all day on Saturday). I also think from a balance perspective that it would be better if the first person voting someone with a knife got the knife upon a lynch instead of the last person. There were a few times where I considered unvoting/revoting to make myself the last vote. (Not that someone with a knife getting lynched would be very common, it pretty much only happened here because 100yrs was afk during that lynch.)

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 10, 2015

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'd have given the knife to a random person on the lynch and removed the "Use a knife, get a knife" portion of it.

The ability for someone to clear a game like that makes it too arcade-y.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Eh? I was town.

Anyway while I'm here, I think it may have helped this setup to extend days on the weekends. Friday, Saturday, Sunday one-day deadlines are pretty rough (I was busy most of Friday and gone all day on Saturday). I also think from a balance perspective that it would be better if the first person voting someone with a knife got the knife upon a lynch instead of the last person. There were a few times where I considered unvoting/revoting to make myself the last vote. (Not that someone with a knife getting lynched would be very common, it pretty much only happened here because 100yrs was afk during that lynch.)

I've also discovered I have a tendency to mix you up with LUTR. Also that my suspicious were unfounded after all.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh hey I won :cool:

Good work team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now