Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The reason I haven't been posting much is because I actually really dislike D1. Usually I start to post more coming into D2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't at all true here - it is good d1 strategy to throw votes and see who reacts weirdly to the little bit of pressure a vote provides. not that i'm using this tactic this game but it has worked well for me in the past

There is something to using votes to put pressure on folks and just casting votes willy nilly to make one look important. Where Diq falls on that spectrum. I am not sure. I don't think that he did it to intentionally derail the game but that's just my two cents.

My new rap album is gonna be called "get off my jock you skeezy haters." GG what is your favorite rapper besides noted Marvel Super-Bad Guy "Doctor's Doom"

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

The reason I haven't been posting much is because I actually really dislike D1. Usually I start to post more coming into D2

Ah. the Met defense.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chic Trombone posted:

Boy howdy, what an insightful and meaningful response to someone calling you out, this sure does make me think you're town!!

Oh, wait, it's not opposite day

i was posting about this post which i called driveby* shade on gg who already looks bad

ie not a very strong post, and then he basically did the same thing

*no other posts for context on either side

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ah. the Met defense.

the met defense is garbage imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Everyone vote Ghastly Gangsta, confirmed scum

o rly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

the met defense is garbage imo

I'm not gonna disagree with you there. "Day 1 is garbage and I don't like posting in it." - a person who makes day 1 garbage.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes, definitely

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ROFL :nexus:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I have a very high success rate as both town and scum and I employ this tactic in most of my games. I realize what you think you're saying, but what you're actually saying is you prefer it when people aren't under pressure and you need to find content from pressureless people. I think you'll find your success rate following that strategy is lower. Oh, and I have a track record of leading the vote.

I'm not a liability. I don't think I'll be hanged today because I have the banner of Correct on my side, friend.

That is to say, me lecturing you abrasively got enough people involved that I was vote-able and the action of me being voted has jumpstarted this game, not your bad thing. I did it, not you.

Claiming VT is a weak move. Since you're doing it to avoid a nk ostensibly (that's the only reason to ever do that) you could still easily have a role, making it pointless and something more advantageous to do as scum than town.

Bad post, compadre. You're completely riding on the back of things other people said and did the classic faux +1 to content thing that scum tend to do. You're also framing this argument from an emotional perspective, basically saying without saying it that you find my mannerisms irritating rather than finding me scummy. ##vote RoyDrowsy

Oh, to clarify, the scum would want to ride the wave that is my rudeness to an easy and early hang of me. They want me out of the game and this is a common issue I have early on so I'm a little used to it.

I don't know why you all unvoted Pizzapie, but regardless of how he plays in other games he feels like aggro scum. Take a moment to review these posts, or all of them really, he posts a lot about what scum would do, scum tactics, how scum might play this game and his own meta to justify stances. It doesn't seem like normal town speculation, or day 1 pressuring. Instead it feels like a deliberate imposition of bad casing and hysteria. Clearly he's vocal about what's objectively "good" for the game, but I find his reactions far worse than mine.

Whatever, the entirety of your posts are garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBg6XiBTXo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I don't know why you all unvoted Pizzapie, but regardless of how he plays in other games he feels like aggro scum. Take a moment to review these posts, or all of them really, he posts a lot about what scum would do, scum tactics, how scum might play this game and his own meta to justify stances. It doesn't seem like normal town speculation, or day 1 pressuring. Instead it feels like a deliberate imposition of bad casing and hysteria. Clearly he's vocal about what's objectively "good" for the game, but I find his reactions far worse than mine.

I can play too!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm not gonna disagree with you there. "Day 1 is garbage and I don't like posting in it." - a person who makes day 1 garbage.

Agreed, but it isn't any sort of alignment tell.

Also Chic apparently doesn't like much of days 2-5 either from what I've seen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There is at least one scum voting diqnol right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

diqsol when are we having our rap battle?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lmao now she wants people to vote for me to gather information

I WANT TWO VOTES

You can have my vote if you defeat me in battle

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

##vote GG

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBg6XiBTXo

I think the first point you make is weak. I think Pizzapie makes for an interesting subject, but your reason is silly. I'm no pro at this, but the whole points of the game is to identify what you believe town should do/does do and what scum should do/are doing and use that as the basis of arguments. Using meta arguments, while somewhat pointless in this game, is the sort of thing that happens in the insular community of SA Mafia games. Putting things into the perspective of "what scum" should do, is a natural part of the game. Trying to make that into a reason is weird. These are not spectacular reasons.

That being said, your second point seems rather accurate.

Chic Trombone's posts don't sit right with me. Nobody should be able to make the excuse that its D1, so Its okay that I make weak plays and hope nobody picks up on it. It is the worst kind of cop out, and I don't buy it a bit. You cast a vote because it was convenient, and you attempt to defend it in the weakest way possible. And then you defend those actions in the weakest way possible again. You keep doing things that show you are present, but aren't trying to draw too much attention to yourself. I don't like it, so ##Vote Chic Trombone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Roydrowsy posted:

I think the first point you make is weak. I think Pizzapie makes for an interesting subject, but your reason is silly. I'm no pro at this, but the whole points of the game is to identify what you believe town should do/does do and what scum should do/are doing and use that as the basis of arguments. Using meta arguments, while somewhat pointless in this game, is the sort of thing that happens in the insular community of SA Mafia games. Putting things into the perspective of "what scum" should do, is a natural part of the game. Trying to make that into a reason is weird. These are not spectacular reasons.

You are the living embodiment of your username, trying to parse this has made me very tired indeed.

BUT I am glad to see you back in the game! I've been asking myself for years "whatever happened to Roydrowsy?"

Also even though your case on Chic is not very compelling (she is notorious for being checked out of most games) I do think it comes from an honest place and I like the cut of your jib.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Roydrowsy posted:

That being said, your second point seems rather accurate.

Chic Trombone's posts don't sit right with me. Nobody should be able to make the excuse that its D1, so Its okay that I make weak plays and hope nobody picks up on it. It is the worst kind of cop out, and I don't buy it a bit. You cast a vote because it was convenient, and you attempt to defend it in the weakest way possible. And then you defend those actions in the weakest way possible again. You keep doing things that show you are present, but aren't trying to draw too much attention to yourself. I don't like it, so ##Vote Chic Trombone

I think he's doing it in such a way that seems pro-town, but is artificial is what I'm saying. I think that's a good thing to do, but I don't think he's doing it for the sake of actually hunting scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can play too!

This made me laugh, perhaps harder than necessary.

Okay, effortpost before bed. Is it just me or is D1 becoming more and more productive lately?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
As it stands I believe diqnol is just frustrated with stupid D1 claims. His posts read very genuine to me.

Ghastly Gangsta (nice name change btw) dropped on diqnol like twelve bricks and hasn't released him yet. Moreover, he's exceptionally hostile right out of the gate:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Also, get off my jock you skeezy haters, god drat. I'm tired of you labeling my posts as bad just because I don't play the game to your standards. In case you're too self absorbed to realize it, all approaches to this game are subjective no matter how clever and informed you think you might be.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Who are you and why are you coming at me the way you are? Tell me what it is that you look for in scum? What's telling to you?

Perhaps, articulate what it was about that post that you didn't like. Hope this helps.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

On the other hand, GG got extra pissy the last game I was in with him, and he was town then. So I don't think this is necessarily a scum tell. It may, however, be an indicator that we should all be a little nicer to each other.

Chic Trombone has been a non-poster so far and I'm really growing to loathe "I don't like D1" despite once being rather a proponent of it.

I'd prefer vote Chic Trombone for now but I'd be okay voting GG if necessary.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

As it stands I believe diqnol is just frustrated with stupid D1 claims. His posts read very genuine to me.

Ghastly Gangsta (nice name change btw) dropped on diqnol like twelve bricks and hasn't released him yet. Moreover, he's exceptionally hostile right out of the gate:

On the other hand, GG got extra pissy the last game I was in with him, and he was town then. So I don't think this is necessarily a scum tell. It may, however, be an indicator that we should all be a little nicer to each other.

Chic Trombone has been a non-poster so far and I'm really growing to loathe "I don't like D1" despite once being rather a proponent of it.

I'd prefer vote Chic Trombone for now but I'd be okay voting GG if necessary.

The only reason I've been "exceptionally hostile" is because of unprovoked criticisms from drive by and or smarmy posters right out the gate. My chains ain't ruffled.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The only reason I've been "exceptionally hostile" is because of unprovoked criticisms from drive by and or smarmy posters right out the gate. My chains ain't ruffled.

Cause man, these posts aren't excused because you still wear diapers
This is mafia son, there ain't no Mekhi Phifer

:barf:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ghastly Gangsta (nice name change btw)

Ah! Who were you in your old life Ghastly?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Other things that have pinged me so far:

Epsilon Plus has been around and commenting on the game as it progresses but has yet to do anything game related. It's pretty transparent fence sitting, really.

Pmom is Epsilon Plus if Epsilon was also trolling me and posted twice as much. More sus than EP because Pint is a seasoned vet who tends to be a bulldog. The play from Pint here is anything but that.

Machine has been goading me too and that vote she put on me was pretty freaking bad. Like, the vote was basically disavowing it as it left her fingertips. Here's what she's said so far: I post a lot, she disagrees about VT claims, she has questions that she isn't asking. Here's what she hasn't done so far: looked at anything in the game not posted by me in the lens of looking for scum or produced anything to make me think her vote on me is in earnest or has a sane rationale. She's my second scum pick of the game.

I agree about Pmach, she's been really weird.

I don't recognise myself in that description but thank you :shobon:

I could consider voting Chic just to spite the "I hate D1" crowd but I think Pmach is better.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah! Who were you in your old life Ghastly?

I was a Ghostly Gangsta.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I was a Ghostly Gangsta.

drat son that is pretty sweet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think he's doing it in such a way that seems pro-town, but is artificial is what I'm saying. I think that's a good thing to do, but I don't think he's doing it for the sake of actually hunting scum.

i think you are wrong

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, definitely

hmm!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

let teh hate flow through u

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i think you are wrong

There's a good chance I am. :shrug:

I'll figure it out sooner than later.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this isn't a good vote at all, reads like an attitude vote instead of anything with real content behind it. Still pretty happy w/ my vote here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't a good vote at all, reads like an attitude vote instead of anything with real content behind it. Still pretty happy w/ my vote here

mafia e: my vote on bottle

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

let teh hate flow through u

As Count Foo lowered the second iced out chain around Ghastly's neck, the Traplord of the Sith whispered in his ear "let teh hate flow through u".

"Nah' Son."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

As Count Foo lowered the second iced out chain around Ghastly's neck, the Traplord of the Sith whispered in his ear "let teh hate flow through u".

"Nah' Son."

i lol'd but i'm also getting sick so take that as you will

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

I agree about Pmach, she's been really weird.

I don't recognise myself in that description but thank you :shobon:

I could consider voting Chic just to spite the "I hate D1" crowd but I think Pmach is better.

this is a p scummy post and you did say you feared the NK even if you did try to cover by saying you were going along with a joke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

top 3 most suspicious right now are bottle #1, and then the two PMs tied for 2 i guess

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

i lol'd but i'm also getting sick so take that as you will

Historically, at least from my own perspective, I have terrible first days and games over 16 people prove hard for me to keep up with. If I don't die in the first day I usually pick up my game. It's not intentional, it's just like force of habit. Anyhow, I've actually have to do some work today. I'll be around after kicking some paperwork rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
poo poo I didn't realize my situation here was dire. I gotta get in at least one rap battle before my time is out. Please everyone be honorable MC's and don't hammer me until I can post in a few hours.

With love,

GG

• Locked thread