Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

So which guy is Grisha again?

Eren's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What I'm surprised of is Erwin and Pixis aren't plotting to get rid of Zackley- because he's clearly a ticking time bomb.

I'm not so sure about this. I'm mean sure he's definitely not a good person, but I don't think he's going to end up being an antagonist.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Agreed he has some nasty thoughts. But he is clearly on their side and is quite reasonable.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
He feeds his gay sex slave through his butt.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Please don't kinkshame.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I thought we were posting positive things about Zackley :confused:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder how monkey titan managed to store his glasses. He also seems pretty chipper when he came out titan form, instead of all feverish and what have you like I think literally every other shifter we've seen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Monkey Trouble's always been pretty chill. For a guy bent on the murder of other human beings he's got a good attitude about it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm not so sure about this. I'm mean sure he's definitely not a good person, but I don't think he's going to end up being an antagonist.

The guy performs rectal feeding as artwork. What happens when he starts looking for extra materials?

I mean, an ordinary serial rapist in that level of authority would be bad enough, but Zackley just goes beyond.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Goddammit. On my first read through I thought that the Grisha lookalike was riding on Ape Escape's shoulders the entire time. Would have been way cooler than him being the titan's host.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder how monkey titan managed to store his glasses. He also seems pretty chipper when he came out titan form, instead of all feverish and what have you like I think literally every other shifter we've seen.

Probably in a pocket. He's not naked inside the titan, he's wearing army pants and boots.

Also, Grisha totally originated outside the walls. After all, he has medical expertise that others within the walls lack.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Donkey Kong Jr. hadn't seen the 3D maneuvering gear before, so he is probably from somewhere far away.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Can someone please make a definitive list of funny monkey names to call Mighty Joe Young so we can keep discussing him without running out of names?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_primates

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Where is Ymir right now? Did she split up from Bert and Ernie? I remember her being scared that the village they were from would punish her for failure, and if Dr. Zaius is one of their bosses that would explain a bit.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Professor Bobo. That's a good one.

quote:

Where is Ymir right now? Did she split up from Bert and Ernie? I remember her being scared that the village they were from would punish her for failure, and if Dr. Zaius is one of their bosses that would explain a bit.

They've been outside the walled city for about 4 months now. They probably took her back to where they're from and then returned to save Annie and kidnap Eren.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So, to answer your question: Ymir is dead and is in Hell

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
That list made me aware that the lemur from Zoboomafoo died last November :(

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

What I find most notable about this chapter is that it reduces a lot of uncertainty. All shifters outside the wall belong to the same faction with the possible exception of Ymir. Probably Grisha too. So was the breaking of the Wall just intended as a distraction for Grisha to get the Coordinate? And then he didn't hand it over because they killed his wife?
Seems to fit, but there is probably more.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i gotta say, i am loving all the monkey madness itt

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I'm trying to work out how they are going to handle the next season of the anime. The first thirteen episodes are easy to map out: the Utgard and the traitors storyline would fit nicely and Eren discovering the coordinate would make a great climax.

But, even though the Rebellion arc is only a few chapters longer than the preceding storyline, I don't think they could fit it in 13 episodes. It's a shame because this chapter seems like a logical epilogue for the season because there's the time skip. It sure would be great if the Rambo Jambo reveal was next season's Wall Titan post-credits sting, but the preceding arc is just so long. Unless they spring for an extra three or four episodes next season, they'll probably cut some stuff, like how they cut Annie and Eren's training together.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Heh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titano

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

In It For The Tank posted:

I'm trying to work out how they are going to handle the next season of the anime. The first thirteen episodes are easy to map out: the Utgard and the traitors storyline would fit nicely and Eren discovering the coordinate would make a great climax.

But, even though the Rebellion arc is only a few chapters longer than the preceding storyline, I don't think they could fit it in 13 episodes. It's a shame because this chapter seems like a logical epilogue for the season because there's the time skip. It sure would be great if the Rambo Jambo reveal was next season's Wall Titan post-credits sting, but the preceding arc is just so long. Unless they spring for an extra three or four episodes next season, they'll probably cut some stuff, like how they cut Annie and Eren's training together.

I bet they could cut and condense the rebellion arc in the second half, ending with Historia becoming queen. Of course, I can imagine fans being annoyed at the prospect of a still unexplored basement.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

genericnick posted:

What I find most notable about this chapter is that it reduces a lot of uncertainty. All shifters outside the wall belong to the same faction with the possible exception of Ymir. Probably Grisha too. So was the breaking of the Wall just intended as a distraction for Grisha to get the Coordinate? And then he didn't hand it over because they killed his wife?
Seems to fit, but there is probably more.

Reiner straight up says their objective was to kill all the humans in the walls, but Eren having the coordinate changed priorities.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ChYYcml42ao/URvyQROcxOI/AAAAAAAAGik/TCB7ut1Lgbc/013.jpg?imgmax=10000

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 11, 2015

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What is the coordinate again?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

What is the coordinate again?

The ability to command titans.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Elias_Maluco posted:

The ability to command titans.

It ain't just titans.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Reiner straight up says their objective was to kill all the humans in the walls, but Eren having the coordinate changed priorities.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ChYYcml42ao/URvyQROcxOI/AAAAAAAAGik/TCB7ut1Lgbc/013.jpg?imgmax=10000

I know, but they are not the most disciplined group. They decide on their next plans by Titan wrestle. What I'm saying is that the three might just have been dicks. Or young and stupid if you prefer. Diversion? Were going to wipe them out! When Reiner has his freakout he says something like how he didn't know that there were such guys behind the Wall, more like it was a personal decision.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
So they should have enough material for another season right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

theCalamity posted:

Definitely.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Still hoping for a "helicopter/spaceship/whatever advanced thing flies overhead and stops a climactic battle" scene. For some reason I'm expecting either this or the reveal that the rest of the world outside of the walls and a few other places are completely dead.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

theCalamity posted:

Yeah they have a perfect cut-off point now so I'd imagine we'll get an announcement soon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

change my name posted:

Still hoping for a "helicopter/spaceship/whatever advanced thing flies overhead and stops a climactic battle" scene. For some reason I'm expecting either this or the reveal that the rest of the world outside of the walls and a few other places are completely dead.

Boros arrives.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

theCalamity posted:

Honestly, we have enough for a season 2 and maybe season 3 at this point. Season 2 would most definitely be Castle Utgard-->Bert and Reiner out themselves/kidnap Eren, ending with Eren's recovery and the revelation about Rod Reiss. Season 3 could cover the recently completed arc, although that means we'd have to wait a good while for stuff like Kenny and Eren's second kidnapping to be animated.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

change my name posted:

We should definitely see some vehicles driving around at some point. I mean come on, even the guys in the walls are producing compressed gas tanks. Someone must've attached a canister to a carriage by now.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I just caught up on the last 8~ chapters and I'm just here to say

Monkey titan is one sexy motherfucker

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Sub Harrison posted:

We should definitely see some vehicles driving around at some point. I mean come on, even the guys in the walls are producing compressed gas tanks. Someone must've attached a canister to a carriage by now.

It looks like certain technology was being suppressed before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
the difference in energy requirements for shooting a grappling hook and providing minor changes in acceleration for a human body versus moving a carriage on brick/stone roads seems like a reasonable barrier in itself. otoh we know hot airships are basically feasible, and have obvious uses against titans