Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lets just kill scummy poster and hope the scum are cool and kill Chic or aC

i may look dumb for it but i don't want to vote gg today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

i may look dumb for it but i don't want to vote gg today

No that's fine we have days to vote GG I'm ok waiting at least he posts a lot and is entertaining in his own inimitable way

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

No that's fine we have days to vote GG I'm ok waiting at least he posts a lot and is entertaining in his own inimitable way

:agreed:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

##vote PMach

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

c'mooooooonnnnnnnnnn people

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Everyone else is dead IRL. Either that or scum possibly doesn't want this lynch and are just content to wait it out.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I am around, but I don't know if I feel good about it.
##unvote

But I think doing nothing is worse

##vote Propaganda Machine

This is the first time I've hammered somebody, I don't feel to great about it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I am around, but I don't know if I feel good about it.
##unvote

But I think doing nothing is worse

##vote Propaganda Machine

This is the first time I've hammered somebody, I don't feel to great about it.

:redhammer:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My rap submission BETTER COUNT Taste!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Propaganda Machine (7): Pinterest Mom, Captain Foo, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza, Epsilon Plus, Dr. Hurt, Roydrowsy
Ghastly Gangsta (2): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Chic Trombone, BottleKnight, Epsilon Plus, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza, Epsilon Plus
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): Propaganda Machine, Ghastly Gangsta, Roydrowsy, Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, BottleKnight, BottleKnight, Roydrowsy, Ghastly Gangsta
Captain Foo (1): Ghastly Gangsta
Pinterest Mom (1): apostateCourier
Roydrowsy (0): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Dr. Hurt (0): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
BottleKnight (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
Chic Trombone (0): Roydrowsy, Roydrowsy

Not Voting (1): HiipFire

There are 13 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is June 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Propaganda Machine, Freddie Gibbs, Town Doctor, was lynched D1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BG2oDRRb0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIaMIyYFbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yDFpUK558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0cNQHXfdPU

Freddie Gibbs is a technically proficient MC out of Gary, Indiana. He's known for his "Gangsta" Gibbs persona which is embodied in music about dealing (he claims to have done), violence (he claims not to have done), and general life in the trap making money. Last year's (Cocaine) Pinata, a collaboration with the well-respected producer Madlib, was a critical darling and helped bring more mainstream attention to his skills. He probably won't ever blow up in mainstream circles but as far as real gangster music goes he's firmly entrenched in the scene.

As for our submissions...

quote:

As I roll up to the grocery store,
With that metal cart, bitch wheel spinnin’ on the floor,
I pass the little man, skin not quite tan, knife in hand, and the sushi stand, scrapin’ faux wasabi from the tiny can,
He says, “come on mistah, try my spicy tuna”
“oh please, shits expired, shoulda sold it soona!”
I keep on slidin’ glidin’ on the dirty tile floor,
I pull up and grab a can of DINTY MOORE!
It’s hard to feel blue, when you got the stew, and while it looks like poo, yo its good for you!
It might be a dead fad, with the red plaid,
But The carrots, potatoes, and beef cubes are so rad
I decide to play it conservative,
Grab six cans and no preservatives,
I take my half dozen to the check out aisle,
The register jockey, she gives me a smile,
Oh baby, that just looks so “yum”
I give her my number, “call me up girl, I’ll cook you some!”
When I get home, I bust a can open,
Lance Armstrong shoulda ate this instead of dopin’
I make up a bowl, because I am deserving,
poo poo’s got only 240 calories in an 8 ounce serving.

quote:

Ice in the free-zer
You can't ever please her
'Cause you bone like a gee-zer
Call you Ebenezer
They call me Julius Caesar

SALAD motherfucker and we don't play
My rhymes slice for days get you some vitamin K
Your flow is all lumpy
Your gut is all chunky
Your food is all funky

SMELLING motherfucker and you can't pay
for your meal or tip the valet
Just step off the stage
You're too well done - all grey

quote:

* set to this beat

Drip drops of thought in paper squares,
Lucy sold dreams on the low it would seem.
Wheedling, the needled prick pocks left me bare.
The internal volume already made tare.

[Hol'up, bitch don't get kill my high,
Kiting the boss, said the dragon's taken flight,
Out of the dungeon, stomach's rumbling, or hurting, maybe both. Hit the dope. No joke, i'm not your average bloke.
Serotonin release, oxytocin beneath, dopamine mink rising up from this purple in my cup.]

Ambling around on a meandering way,
Clowning with my niggas, making satirical plays.
The platelets carried Linda's slippered dipper,
While my lids carry plates, the small hairs caught in clippers.

Her being "the being", and me, myself and I,
the pink and the stink. The camel through the eye.
The cradled form came closer,
dancing synergistically, a lover. I'm trying not to appear as a poseur,

[Hol'up, bitch don't get kill my high,
I'm the motherfucking hoss, I do more than get by.
Out of the dungeon, stomach's rumbling, or hurting, maybe both. Hit the dope. No joke, i'm not your average bloke.
Serotonin release, oxytocin beneath, dopamine mink rising up from this purple in my cup.]

So I double down, pour it up, drink the drank,
roll the blunt, lick it, puff it, pass it. I'm past it.
Plastered, Jane smelled delicious. Linda told lucy, and now the girls vicious.
On the hunt for the round, a nice thick shake for only a couple of pounds.
Stick around, but don't get stuck, Ghastly coming down, Gangsta coming up.

quote:

Hey friends, it's Hal, I live up in Boulder
I know more than you, but it's mostly cuz I'm older
Mafia games? I've been in like three hundred
When I play scum the town is gonna get sundered
People be like yo Hal why ya always lurkin'
I'm like gently caress off, why don't ya go back to jerkin'
Spend my life always hopping on a flight
Don't matter though, my mafia game is always tight
Here in Colorado we love to get high
Which is what I'm gonna go do now... BYE

Submit your votes to me for the best via PM, please! Don't worry, there's a protection in place so scum can't just stack up and win in case of a town vote split.

Also submit your actions, game will start when everything is received or tomorrow night, whatever comes sooner.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nights will remain open, I encourage you to talk about Freddie Gibbs~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Nights will remain open, I encourage you to talk about Freddie Gibbs~

The BeeGee's weren't the same without him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Actually Freddie Gibbs is pretty cool

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:zombie: thanks, taste. good setup. :zombie:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wanted to hear other people actually do it with me :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I wanted to record but I did mine in a pizza place right before deadline :(

If there is another chance I promise I will have real audio

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Or are you saying you want to record yours as a duet?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wanted to record but I did mine in a pizza place right before deadline :(

If there is another chance I promise I will have real audio

I'm hype

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Clearly you won anyway, although everyone's was pretty good and I laughed a lot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nah man, it's not like that, though thank you for the compliment. I just wanted to hear mafia people rapping and did one to that end. I particularly want to see GG's in execution since he has the beat and everything ready to go!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nah man, it's not like that, though thank you for the compliment. I just wanted to hear mafia people rapping and did one to that end. I particularly want to see GG's in execution since he has the beat and everything ready to go!

Hot drat, your rap is really good. I forgot it was due before the flip and started working on mine during work, but yeah maybe next time I'll record mine!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Hot drat, your rap is really good. I forgot it was due before the flip and started working on mine during work, but yeah maybe next time I'll record mine!

I'm smoking a bowl right now while I listen to it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is birdman in this game? I know flavor isn't important, but I just want to know.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Is birdman in this game? I know flavor isn't important, but I just want to know.

Sorry plehboi

Chic Trombone, Spark Master Tape, Town Cop, was killed N1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaZqzjcwHiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG4hRJJRR9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHt0p11Vj9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0h2Mza61Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3gG0P5lKw0

Spark Master Tape is a bit of an enigma. Secretive about his identity, he uses vocal manipulation to distort his rhymes to great effect. Despite a tendency to abandon his impressive verses right at their peak, he's built a dedicated fan base off of the strength of his tapes and the unique sampling that sets him apart from most of his peers.

Roydrowsy, Joey Bada$$, Town Vanilla, was killed N1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWAk8-leVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRfQGXFRr30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d307wz-dHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1yGG8jMSTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51e1gIkzHgk

Joey Bada$$ is young, but that doesn't stop him from embracing the legacy of 90's New York. He first started to get shine as a teen, garnering praise from NY royalty like DJ Premier. Lyrically complex, he tends to veer off into lanes of spiritual awakening, political philosophy, and personal development. He's the type to believe in the power of crystals. Nonetheless, he's a promising young talent with a long career ahead of him.

Diqnol received the most votes, but I'm happy and proud of the quality of results I received. Way to go, guys. Also note that if you want to follow along after you've died, you're eligible to submit (and even win) post-mortem!

:siren: Now, Diqnol, your prize could be great, or it could be terrible. Do you want it, or is it all about the art for you? :siren:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote hurt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

lmao

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Thank you either serial killer or mafia for killing Chic. Well either that or Chic investigated someone and ended up hitting one of those "you visit, you die" people that I can't remember the name of. We'll just call them a landmine, since I don't care enough to look it up.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Not really happy with how Ep popped in, dropped a vote and then popped the hell out. Wish Diq was there for the end of the day rather than popping in afterwards with a belated

ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doing a reread in a bit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

Not really happy with how Ep popped in, dropped a vote and then popped the hell out. Wish Diq was there for the end of the day rather than popping in afterwards with a belated

There was no reason for your defense of Pmach yesterday and your rationale for it was BS. You were just putting on a show of defending someone who would flip town.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Nah, PMach was a bad choice but you keep chasing that theory.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

This narrative that you have created is fascinating but also 100 percent wrong. If we ended up in a no-dunk you would be spinnning tales about how we got into this situation because I stalled for too long. I wanna see Foo's reaction to our new information.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nah, PMach was a bad choice but you keep chasing that theory.

A bad choice that you didn't argue against?

Arguing "well I'd vote for this person but gee wouldn't the civilised thing to do be to let them come in and explain themselves" fifteen minutes from deadline is concern trolling, not a real objection, and you shouldn't be pretending that you were now always against her dunk.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Uhhh I was questioning why PMach about an hour before deadline. Thank you very much!

Dr. Hurt posted:

So why PMach and not someone like me who has essentially been a noncontributer or Hiip or Chic who has been the whitest of noise? Or Apostate Courier? I just don't see what makes the ideas on PMach so drat compelling compared to a whole bunch of other folks.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I don't see a "get's voted, then comes into the thread" as particularly damning evidence since there's a million other possible ways for someone to react to a callout as scum. Charging in face first to defend oneself just seems super idiotic for a scum move, and I just can't see Machine making that.

Yes at the end I was hoping Mach would come in and say something/anything. But I was always questioning the validity of the case against Mach and framing it as concern trolling is pretty facetious. But sure keep up your fantasy. I switched to possibly dunk candidate because of necessity/once again silence on Mach's part. If you want to look at someone who really popped in out of nowhere please take a gander at Ep or would you rather just stay in your fantasy world where I am an evil mastermind.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Between this and the whole "I have questions for SOMEONE ON THIS PAGE" and then not asking them, I agree it's very little content, but how is that an alignment tell anymore than GG's high-strungness?

Oh no BottleKnight defended PMach. CLEARLY BOTTLEKNIGHT IS A CRIMINAL MASTERMIND INTENT ON KILLING US ALL.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

much like action bronson in Toronto, diqnol is now hated for today. However, he will be loved tomorrow, should he be voteable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Diqnol there is more hate in me for you than in the entire Juggalo nation. I wanna spray you down with hot faygo and throw you into lake hepatitis.

• Locked thread