Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this entire thread is just a bunch of terrible attempts at shaming people for growing up in less than fortunate circumstances, being victims of abuse, having sexual abuse occur in one's family, etc. etc.

frankly, it's a bit disheartening to see something so delicate and upsetting being used as a way to take cheap shots at your least favorite demographic.

people are trying to talk like they give a single poo poo about the victims here but what they really want is just to try to elevate themselves by cutting into this family

if people cared about the victims at all they would recognize that having their family issues paraded around like this is not good or healthy or anything for the victims. neither is all of the vitriol aimed at their parents or family o r household or culture or religion.

it's straight up bullying, with a terribly thin half assed feigned nod towards the victim in how it's framed as if that has anything to do with the volume and depth of the public outcry

TL;DR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
kill them all and let god sort it out imho

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

everybody's walking the green mile already

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trust in Jesus because only a loving god would allow a child to rape his sisters and get away with it because his father had dirt on a crooked cop who made it all go away. God bless.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Let's not forget who the REAL culprits here are...

Conan. Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert :colbert:

They all claimed they 'made' Huckabee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVg1CW08oHA

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

nike, just do it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Jack Gladney posted:

Trust in Jesus because only a loving god would allow a child to rape his sisters and get away with it because his father had dirt on a crooked cop who made it all go away. God bless.

it's actually because Christ died for the sins of all mankind

also, you say "get away with it" like you're upset about the cosmic injustice of him getting something really sweet like robbing a bank or a candy store you sicko.

the kid was distraught about his actions, as any person with a working heart and soul who committed a terrible sin against someone else and against God, and willfully confessed his sins and sought help.

christian forgiveness may not make sense if you live in a world where doing terrible poo poo is fun and being punished is the cost of that, in that case it's just "cheating the marketplace " or whatever else liberals consider to be immoral

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Source your quotes Flanders, is it Fox news or the Duggars fb fan page

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jim bob duggar

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://instagram.com/p/tY_PCYjfjZ/?modal=true

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Soup du Jour posted:

why is she interviewing edgar from men in black

I knew it was someone from MiB, I just didn't know their name.

McStabby posted:

Looks like there's another investigation going on and the Duggars aren't cooperating.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/new-investigation-launched-against-duggar-family-911-called-60330

It sounds like someone could have just done the child protection version of swatting them.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yes all women look terrible without heavy makeup and correct lighting :goonsay:

The goon I quoted asked where the duggar girls got their genes for being super hot. I don't think they're super hot I think they're average looking but they wear a lot of make up and with the proper lighting this makes them look hot, but with bad lighting it can backfire.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Commie NedFlanders posted:

if people cared about the victims at all they would recognize that having their family issues paraded around like this is not good or healthy or anything for the victims. neither is all of the vitriol aimed at their parents or family o r household or culture or religion.

I know this is probably a troll but I'm gonna have to call bull poo poo. It's not like anyone picked a random family and the drug their dirty laundry out for everyone to see.

The problem is that the Duggars have chosen to represent a culture and lifestyle they claim is morally superior only for this monstrosity to come to light. Then rather than step out of the spotlight, they force their kids into an interview to try to convince the public that they did nothing wrong and the only issue with how they handled their son molesting their daughters is that people found out about it.

Josh himself represents the family research council and positioned himself as a moral authority on sex and baby having.

These people absolutely need to be torn from their pedistal for as long as they choose to cling for it. The day they admit that they let this tragedy occur and that they should have supported and protected his victims is when we can just feEl bad it happened and move on.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Ned, you're way too obvious.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Commie NedFlanders I almost fell for your bait.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Pretty sure his mentioning a wife should have flagged it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

So what's the over/under on Jim Bob molesting his daughters as well?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont know about betting odds whats the one that means definitely it definitely happened

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
If that other investigation was based on a crank call, wouldn't they have let them in and then gotten more ammo to complain about how they are being persecuted by godless liberal busybodies?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A MIRACLE posted:

So what's the over/under on Jim Bob molesting his daughters as well?

Uhh... "he did" and "he didn't"?

Do you know how over/under works? Did you just Jim Bob that up?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

but if the police carry out a formal investigation of the house they might discover the secret room where they keep duggars 20-46.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

XMNN posted:

i dont know about betting odds whats the one that means definitely it definitely happened

Odds are currently at WWJD: Who Would Josh Duggar?

Mods please change thread title to -WWJD: Who Would Josh Duggar?

Fiend fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 11, 2015

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr. Pumroy posted:

but if the police carry out a formal investigation of the house they might discover the secret room where they keep duggars 20-46.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
i think a better question is what're the odds of there having been a potential downs baby or something that got aborted on the dl

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

i think a better question is what're the odds of there having been a potential downs baby or something that got aborted on the dl

Speaking as an Internet Gynacologist, I can safely say that her babygutter is rekt.

How America just lets this poisonous set of people remain i don't know.

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 11, 2015

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
i lust for quiverfull parent incarceration. free the kids!

I also have a huge desire to work in social services but i'm pretty sure i'd loving kill myself if i knew just how many children are being abused at any given time.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
anymore info on the blowback to that fat human being who called the cops and was interview by megyno kelly?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
They've beem getting phone calls

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

staberind posted:

Speaking as an Internet Gynacologist, I can safely say that her babygutter is rekt.

How America just lets this poisonous set of people remain i don't know.

DrVadgers@compuserve.com?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
that investigation 911 call is making the new cycles

the family sex orgy is gunna end

all those kids gunna have new parents

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Philthy posted:

that investigation 911 call is making the new cycles

the family sex orgy is gunna end

all those kids gunna have new parents

Is Josh going to get the youngest girls?

I Dunno
Apr 7, 2014

Maybe some of the kids noticed how much attention the scandal was getting, so they realized that if they reached out to the outside world, someone would help them. :unsmith:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I Dunno posted:

Maybe some of the kids noticed how much attention the scandal was getting, so they realized that if they reached out to the outside world, someone would help them. :unsmith:

They aren't allowed to use the internet without an older sibling's supervision, and can only go to preapproved sexless religion sites.

I wonder if they try to sell each other out for goody two shoe points.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

I Dunno posted:

God wouldn't that be something. Praying to the Duggar's God in Duggar Heaven that is really what happened.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Jiminy Bobert

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

CrowdControl posted:

I know this is probably a troll but I'm gonna have to call bull poo poo. It's not like anyone picked a random family and the drug their dirty laundry out for everyone to see.

The problem is that the Duggars have chosen to represent a culture and lifestyle they claim is morally superior

Stop right here.

I think a whole lot of what I'm seeing is people lining up to condemn the Duggars and also other Christians for being sanctimonious hypocrites. I think people are getting satisfaction from someone who claims to have found the truth having just as ugly problems as the rest of us.

Now I understand that many people have had the unfortunate experience of people claiming to use Christianity or Christian values as an exterior to justify at attitude of judging others.

I grew up in the south and unfortunately there's an ugly history of people wrapping up hate in a pretty package. With all of that in mind, I can see how people might think "oh well these people believe they are better than us so it's good to see them suffer in their problems". Here's the thing though, it should be clear to anyone with a passing understanding of Christianity to see that if someone is authentically trying to live a Christian life, they are absolutely not the target of your frustrations.

Christianity is about humility, it's about forgiveness, it's about acknowledging first and foremost that I am a sinner, I messed up, I'm unclean and accepting that and knowing that I have no place to cast judgement on others. It's about the togetherness we find in being alone, unworthy, hell even unlovable in the infinite judgement of God yet still loved and by redemption through Christ we find a way to aim for something better.

I think this whole debacle goes to show that no matter how picture perfect your family seems, everyone has sin, everyone messes up, every single one of us stepped in poo poo. Christians are not above that and there is no Christian justification for behaving as if one is holier than thou.

quote:

only for this monstrosity to come to light. Then rather than step out of the spotlight, they force their kids into an interview to try to convince the public that they did nothing wrong and the only issue with how they handled their son molesting their daughters is that people found out about it.

Josh himself represents the family research council and positioned himself as a moral authority on sex and baby having.

These people absolutely need to be torn from their pedistal for as long as they choose to cling for it. The day they admit that they let this tragedy occur and that they should have supported and protected his victims is when we can just feEl bad it happened and move on.

There seems to be so much of other people projecting intentions and stuff onto this family. I think they have all shown shame, humility,and repentance and I don't think anyone is trying to downplay the significance of this.

It's just not helpful in anyway to anyone (especially the poor girls) to make this into a media spectacle and tear the family to pieces as a way to take a jab at Christianity

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Check this out, Jesus is cool. I mean that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Wedemeyer posted:

They aren't allowed to use the internet without an older sibling's supervision, and can only go to preapproved sexless religion sites.

I wonder if they try to sell each other out for goody two shoe points.

They do, they ran to tattle on the one kid that had the decency to jerk it instead of going for his sisters

• Locked thread