Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
God, I love this show.

Sad that none of my friends like it. Most of them get to the end of Season 2 before calling it quits.

Why are they still my friends? Your guess is as good as mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...who put the heart of an orphan into a virtual sex box.

He didn't use the whole thing!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
As far as good quotes go, from the Lepidopterists when the ghost pirate guy runs into the room with a tourniquet on his arm yelling "I'm not supposed to be in here!" so they shoot a tranq dart into his arm. loving glorious. Also when they are Venture-tron and that he is the arm so when they swing the sword it forces a shitload of Gs on him.

A good episode.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Red posted:

TOO SOON!

He was always wrong

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

As far as good quotes go, from the Lepidopterists when the ghost pirate guy runs into the room with a tourniquet on his arm yelling "I'm not supposed to be in here!" so they shoot a tranq dart into his arm. loving glorious. Also when they are Venture-tron and that he is the arm so when they swing the sword it forces a shitload of Gs on him.

A good episode.

"I've got the dart monkey on me back!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ithaqua posted:

"I've got the dart monkey on me back!"

"It's like getting sucked off by an angel."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jose posted:

He was always wrong

No, you senile old fool, you're thinking of The Wacky Races!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We shouldn't have wasted so much time collecting power ups.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Red posted:

No, you senile old fool, you're thinking of The Wacky Races!

Yes yes they could get quite wacky at times.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ok, guy watching us from the bushes, you make us into men. Should I get some lotion or do you want to use blood and clown paint for lube?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-3YWDRPQQ4

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

gently caress! I've been looking for this clip forever. I always just have to copy/paste the script for this. Thank you for posting this.

My favorite line too.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
But why does Jefferson only hunt black vampires who speak english?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

X_Toad posted:

He doesn't know what the PC term for it is.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The Ventronic vs. the Monarch's cocoon scene is one of my favorite Venture Bros scenes, mainly for this exchange:

:smug:: "Retard" is a hateful word. We don't use those slurs.
:argh:: I'm your arch enemy. I'm not going to use "bungling boobs" or "meddling kids", it's not my style! That guy needs to get a thicker skin.
:smug:: Thicker skin? Poor Ned has skin that's three inches thick. Now how do you think that makes him feel?
:argh:: Itchy?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

X_Toad posted:

I'm sure he also hunts black vampires from Africa who only speak Swahili. He just picked British vampires in that example to draw an easy contrast to the silly notion that he only hunts African American vampires.

And yes. He doesn't know what the PC term for that is.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

tarlibone posted:

I'm sure he also hunts black vampires from Africa who only speak Swahili. He just picked British vampires in that example to draw an easy contrast to the silly notion that he only hunts African American vampires.

I'm not so sure of that. It is completely in keeping with the spirit of the show that Jefferson Twilight only hunts black vampires from English speaking countries. I could easily see a scene where he's hunting down a vampire who is about to claim a victim and then backing off (leaving the victim to his or her fate) when he learns that the vampire (who speaks English) is from Nigeria or something.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

johntfs posted:

I'm not so sure of that. It is completely in keeping with the spirit of the show that Jefferson Twilight only hunts black vampires from English speaking countries. I could easily see a scene where he's hunting down a vampire who is about to claim a victim and then backing off (leaving the victim to his or her fate) when he learns that the vampire (who speaks English) is from Nigeria or something.

So are the vampires he's killing when we first meet him Cajan or French? I thought they were French.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Bored posted:

So are the vampires he's killing when we first meet him Cajan or French? I thought they were French.

I don't remember back that far. Also, my "theory" could easily be wrong and Jefferson may well hunt black vampires regardless of their country of origin. I just thought that as long as he was being ridiculously specific in his choice of target (black vampires) he might well be even more ridiculously specific (black vampires from English speaking countries).

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lol ok

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

johntfs posted:

I don't remember back that far. Also, my "theory" could easily be wrong and Jefferson may well hunt black vampires regardless of their country of origin. I just thought that as long as he was being ridiculously specific in his choice of target (black vampires) he might well be even more ridiculously specific (black vampires from English speaking countries).

This is the clip that I find every time I look for the African American Vampires thing (which I no longer have to do thanks to Jose):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67wwdKPhqM

Fallen Arches is still my favorite episode.

"You're all..Aquaman."
"Aquaman doesn't have a secret identity. He's always Aquaman."

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 11, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

johntfs posted:

Years ago I saw someone in gbs correct an English poster using the word black with african american only to have it pointed out how dumb that is.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Sergeant Hatred: Should I ready the extinguishers?

Gary: Please. He only uses fire and lasers at night. I've got my money on acid or a magnet kind of thing.

The Monarch: READY THE ACID MAGNET!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Atarian posted:

Sergeant Hatred: Should I ready the extinguishers?

Gary: Please. He only uses fire and lasers at night. I've got my money on acid or a magnet kind of thing.

The Monarch: READY THE ACID MAGNET!

JETTISON THE LUNCH ROOM!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It saddens me that "Facial hair is not a substitute for a jaw line! No matter how you trim it." isn't a quote I can search and just get a video of it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SRM posted:

It saddens me that "Facial hair is not a substitute for a jaw line! No matter how you trim it." isn't a quote I can search and just get a video of it.

Hits too close to home on the internet.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SRM posted:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/ben-before-henchmen/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The delivery of "The lightning cannon sucks!" will never fail to get a laugh from me.
He's just so disappointed in his toy.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The delivery of "The lightning cannon sucks!" will never fail to get a laugh from me.
He's just so disappointed in his toy.

It's almost easier to list the quotes from The Lepidopterists that aren't quote-worthy than the other way around.

My favorite quote: "(Everything 21 and 24 say to Henchman 1)"

I've always liked "I hate that you're my best men...."

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I love the Anne Frank/Lizzie Borden deathmatch conversation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You are TOTALLY underestimating the never-say-die scrappiness of a survivor!

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Ithaqua posted:

JETTISON THE LUNCH ROOM!

Is that... patio furniture?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
STUDENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
It's a madhouse! A madhouse!!

I love that they referenced two different Charlton Heston movies in What Color is Your Cleansuit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Taerkar posted:

He didn't use the whole thing!

Dr Orpheus' voice when faced with something so goddamn out there is always the best. The goes from dramatic usual flair to quiet whut? then rising outrage.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Dr Orpheus' voice when faced with something so goddamn out there is always the best. The goes from dramatic usual flair to quiet whut? then rising outrage.

Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aBP-JOZsU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder what else Rusty used when making the Joy Can.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Whelp, guess it's time for my annual rewatch of the whole series. Only this time there's going to be a juicy space adventure special at the end.

On that note, is Netflix going to get any more seasons? It's so much more convenient to binge watch on Netflix that I really wish they had more episodes on there.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

pnumoman posted:

Whelp, guess it's time for my annual rewatch of the whole series. Only this time there's going to be a juicy space adventure special at the end.

On that note, is Netflix going to get any more seasons? It's so much more convenient to binge watch on Netflix that I really wish they had more episodes on there.

They moved the show to Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Pope Guilty posted:

They moved the show to Hulu.

Bah. Oh well.