Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

oh boy I thought I missed the local fighter talk.

the only person we have around here is Matt Brown I believe. never seen him though. Columbus is a decent sized town.

Dayton claims Matt Brown because he is from Xenia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Also, page snipe, but that Ronda EA MMA thing was for some cell phone app thing. They apparently just added women's 135 to it and that was their promo image. No curse just yet.

It's not a promo image, it's the splash screen intro (Jones was originally the image until his special day was ruined by Victoria Sonnenberg)

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
i never do this but please can everyone stop just posting about if theres an MMA fighter near where they live. please

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I live up the hill about half an hour from where TJ Dillashaw is from, no idea if he's ever around anymore though. Used to be local to the rest of TAM and saw Joe B at a Nugget grocery store once.

Edit: ^^^ No

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
There's no mma fighters living near me, Keven.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think there's any famous ones from where I live and gently caress if I'm claiming any of the lovely English fighters in the UFC currently and JT is claimed already.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

colonel_korn posted:

Jessica Aguilar vs Claudia Gadelha just got booked for UFC 190. Gotta be the #1 contender fight I think.

That is a good fight but 50% chance it gets canceled due to Gadelha injuring herself or having a bad weight cut and begging off due to the flu. If that happens make Aguilar fight Esparza again. :getin:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Please no. Their first fight wasn't that good and Carla should've won anyways.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Senordingdong posted:

I live up the hill about half an hour from where TJ Dillashaw is from, no idea if he's ever around anymore though. Used to be local to the rest of TAM and saw Joe B at a Nugget grocery store once.

Edit: ^^^ No

I once met Phil Davis and Dom Cruz at my grocery store on different occasions. But I'm in/was in san diego, so that's kinda cheating as far as "local"

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Could someone summarize which fighters live near which posters into a really long post with "funny" pictures of the fighters and post it to this thread in its entirety every time there's an update, please

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

colonel_korn posted:

Jessica Aguilar vs Claudia Gadelha just got booked for UFC 190. Gotta be the #1 contender fight I think.

poo poo, didn't know she signed with the UFC. Should be fun.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

1st AD posted:

Please no. Their first fight wasn't that good and Carla should've won anyways.

Look lets keep the amount of bad fights all centralized instead of spreading them around to multiple fights.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Could someone summarize which fighters live near which posters into a really long post with "funny" pictures of the fighters and post it to this thread in its entirety every time there's an update, please

Ill get started on this.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

Ill get started on this.
Finally, goonaction reigns. "I love it when a plan comes together" -theANgryJewGhamer, on level 7 of Ninja Gaiden 2

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Cain is actually fighting someone this weekend and it isn't even JDS or Bigfoot. It's been a long time since that happened and I'm excited

Dead Man's Ham
Dec 2, 2002
Make sure to add me / Jeremy Stephens, because people care about me, and my proximity to Jeremy Stephens.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Vitamin Boss posted:

Cain is actually fighting someone this weekend and it isn't even JDS or Bigfoot. It's been a long time since that happened and I'm excited

UFC tweeted that they made a Fight Flashback documentary on the Cain/JDS 3 so you can relive that beatdown

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Dayton claims Matt Brown because he is from Xenia

gently caress Dayton he trains here.

I think.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

manyak posted:

i never do this but please can everyone stop just posting about if theres an MMA fighter near where they live. please

dan quinn and I go to the same support group

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

are there any openly gay male fighters in ufc

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Vitamin Boss posted:

Maybe. There's still more than an entire day left for all of his joints to decide to spontaneously disintegrate while he comes down with Avian flu and kidney failure.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

joe son is my roomate

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

minoru suzuki posted:

jon jones

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

minoru suzuki posted:

Everyone the Nog's have refused to fight.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

I believe he said in the UFC, not MMA purgatory.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

squarerandom posted:

I once met Phil Davis and Dom Cruz at my grocery store on different occasions. But I'm in/was in san diego, so that's kinda cheating as far as "local"

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Living in Edmonton is cool in the summertime, and a huge loving bummer a) every other second of the year & b) when you are reminded that you have to root for Ryan Jimmo or like, Tim Hague or something

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

:cawg:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Just put your seatbelt on you loving retard

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That's sort of sad I gotta get on your guys' level.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Bubba McDaniel is allowed to eat ice cream for dinner and stay up past midnight

High Chair, The Kitchen - It's bullshit that mom tries to feed Bubba McDaniel vegetables, mashed up rice, and other poo poo like that even though Bubba McDaniel is a TUF and UFC veteran. Bubba McDaniel can beat the poo poo out of the small plastic tray thing that the food goes on to at the front of this chair, and does so frequently in protest at all this garbage she pretends is a choo choo train, or even an airplane.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I knew Bubba idolized Jon Jones and name drops him all the time but drat son

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

Maybe. There's still more than an entire day left for all of his joints to decide to spontaneously disintegrate while he comes down with Avian flu and kidney failure.

Cain is fighting regardless, if he pulls out he loses the belt. He doesn't have a clean sheet to defend. The only way this fight isn't going ahead is if the doctor says no or Werdum pulls out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And if my eyes are working it looks like he starts to complain about how hard it is out there for a guy who is a Jacksons fighter, who was invited on TUF, and is now "ex UFC", and who DEFINITELY DOES NOT SUCK AT FIGHTING SO NO THAT ISNT WHY.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Technically my local fighter is Sarah Kaufmann, but I never believed in her.

It could be worse, my friend was making a living shooting various promo videos for raves and DJ's, which lead into a side business of doing embedded style video blogs for a fighter. He ended up following kajan johnson around for a year.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's really weird but completely predictable how that batch of text morphs from 3rd person to 1st person.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I guess mine would be anyone from GR/Lansing, so Rashad would be the most notable.

I work with a guy whose nick is "The Living Legend" and has a few pro (technically) can crusher matches a year squishing fatties that don't know what they're getting into. Makes for good work related trips :)

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WarOTHT_YME
It has been said before, Cain has no personality.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Champions with personality are so awesome
https://instagram.com/p/3yESI5igRm/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

:stare:

• Locked thread