Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

No Safe Word posted:

also random page took me to this and what the heck is it all about

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Nikki_Meyer

Creeps in general and goons in particular were obsessed with one of Urban Meyer's daughters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No Safe Word posted:

the answer Darren Sharper worked for me :shrug:

Thanks. That feature is annoying if you don't know the in-jokes.

Updated John Tortorella.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Updated John Tortorella.

Yeah I thought that was probably the answer but I also just googled "NFL player charged with rape" and his name is the first result :v:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

No Safe Word posted:

also random page took me to this and what the heck is it all about

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Nikki_Meyer

People creepin' on Urban Meyer's daughter.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
How does one create an account? Or do we have to brave the wilds that is IRC in TTOOL 2015?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I clicked 'Rape' on the Rex Grossman article thinking 'this better be a redirect to Ben Roethlisberger.' And it was! Oh, SAS :allears:

http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Superbowl <-- This might be my favorite page on the internets

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Account registration worked thanks to Darren Sharper No Safe Word so :toot: to that. I look forward to loving up helping with Seattle sports and NHL poo poo.

I'm so glad this lives again - many a billable work hour were lost to that page back in the day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=NHL_Draft_Lottery

Also updated the Oilers' page accordingly by borrowing the "professional draft lottery champions" line somebody put on Wikipedia.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wiki down

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

???

Working fine right now...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

fartknocker posted:

???

Working fine right now...

It wasn't earlier. That was weird.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's my honor to immortalize Jawknee's up close and personal encounter with Luca Sbisa: http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Luca_Sbisa

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wilford Cutlery posted:

gently caress Duke.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So, is there any way we can have an answer key to the CAPTCHA questions? I had to try like four times before I could answer one. I don't hang out in anything besides racing threads so I can't answer most of these questions.

Updated "The Goon's Guide to Attending Auto Races"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Added Eldora stuff to The Goon's Guide to Attending Races last night.

Elitist Bitch posted:

So, is there any way we can have an answer key to the CAPTCHA questions? I had to try like four times before I could answer one. I don't hang out in anything besides racing threads so I can't answer most of these questions.

Updated "The Goon's Guide to Attending Auto Races"

I put them in the SASCAR Podcast group chat on Skype in case mods don't want them on the board, though I don't know the serial rapist one, either.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
The only thing that comes to mind with serial rapist is Darren Sharper.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I was around just long enough to remember the Memorable SAS Threads page and cursing it when I bought archives, went back, and couldn't find the list.

Also glad that XLIX made its way onto the bottom. That poo poo owned.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Category:SAS_Posters_Who_Embarrass_Themselves_When_Drunk

This page needs to only list ross

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

No it doesn't, Doltos.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
Huh, I assumed this was gone forever, and then I get an email telling me that a page that I watched was changed. At least now my work compiling hilarious injuries won't have been in vain.

Eric the Mauve posted:

http://sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Superbowl <-- This might be my favorite page on the internets
your welcome

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

nmfree posted:

Huh, I assumed this was gone forever, and then I get an email telling me that a page that I watched was changed. At least now my work compiling hilarious injuries won't have been in vain.

Aww man, take Stu Scott down from there. :smith:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

JPrime posted:

Aww man, take Stu Scott down from there. :smith:

Dude, Corey Lidle, Chris Henry and Dale Earnhardt are on that list.

vvv This is not an argument to have them removed.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 5, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
^^^ I know, it would be a travesty to turn our backs on quite possibly SAS' greatest moment

To be fair, the Cory Lidle death thread may have been the pinnacle moment in SAS history

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 7, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The NHL player entries are a thing of beauty. Hockey fans seem to be the best writers on this site.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I know the Wiki generates its own list of Wanted Pages, but should we start compiling a list of pages people either a) want to see or b) would like to see updated here? A lot of stuff on there is timeless, but slightly outdated.

How is there not a Henrik Lundqvist page?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How is there no MVP Stephen Curry page?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I made a small edit to the 49ers page, but it had me answer the question "name a half-man half-horse who is not a True Yankee." Does it do those questions every time now?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just keep resetting it until it says "gently caress Duke"

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

kiimo posted:

Just keep resetting it until it says "gently caress Duke"

I filled in gently caress ____ with Boston and it took it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Idiot Kicker posted:

I made a small edit to the 49ers page, but it had me answer the question "name a half-man half-horse who is not a True Yankee." Does it do those questions every time now?

The answer to that had to be A-Rod, by the way.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

The answer to that had to be A-Rod, by the way.

It was!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I updated some of the NCAA conference pages to reflect the right teams, although I'm not sure how to edit the footers, and the American does not have a page at all.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Idiot Kicker posted:

I updated some of the NCAA conference pages to reflect the right teams, although I'm not sure how to edit the footers, and the American does not have a page at all.
You mean the Category list at the bottom of the page, or the Template with all the teams on it?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

nmfree posted:

You mean the Category list at the bottom of the page, or the Template with all the teams on it?

Yes, the template. But now I see how to do it.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Idiot Kicker posted:

Yes, the template. But now I see how to do it.
It's a little tricky to find where to edit them, it took me a couple of minutes to remember how to do it.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

nmfree posted:

It's a little tricky to find where to edit them, it took me a couple of minutes to remember how to do it.

Thank you. I got the Mountain West one taken care of. Right now, I am clicking "random page" to maybe help update.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know the Wiki generates its own list of Wanted Pages, but should we start compiling a list of pages people either a) want to see or b) would like to see updated here? A lot of stuff on there is timeless, but slightly outdated.
If you're looking for something to work on other than Wanted Pages the Short Pages (pages that have the {{stub}} template on them) is another good place to look. Another place to look is the Orphaned Pages list.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Please either raise the size limit for uploaded images or enable offsite image hosting.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

nmfree posted:

Please either raise the size limit for uploaded images or enable offsite image hosting.

That sums up Tiger's last five years or so very nicely. It's like his golf game is the club, whoosh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm playing around with some NBA articles. I'm not really that funny, but, whatever.
I find it funny that Cleveland's page has LeBron dunking with Iggy in the background. Things sure have changed.

• Locked thread