Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Do It Once Right posted:

The euro-judeo christ exists as a thing to be fought, not just ignored. But at the very least, it should be totally ignored.

Aww, gently caress
Imagine I typed an awesome carepost totally destroying your position here. I had a thing, I accidentally deleted it. But your takeaway should be that I'm super-cool and awesome in a lot of different ways.

Hey man, I'm just repeating what I was taught about The Lord till I was 18. If it makes you feel better, I think it's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

For starters, the Phelps treat their women much better.

For starters, perhaps that's up to the women themselves to judge

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Hey man, I'm just repeating what I was taught about The Lord till I was 18. If it makes you feel better, I think it's dumb.

I think you've got a cool brain

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
So the Westboro folks are worse because you view the way they pray to Jesus or whatever as inferior to the Duggar version?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Commie NedFlanders posted:

:ninja: No, no, I am not mistreated in Islamic society :ninja: - Devout Muslim women

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm super happy that I accidentally deleted all that poo poo that I wrote in notepad.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm do you agree with proposed french laws banning niqabs and burkas on women on the grounds that they oppress women and have no place in an open society?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol of course not, France is fascist piece of poo poo with those laws

That doesn't mean we can't criticize the veil as oppressive though

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

So the Westboro folks are worse because you view the way they pray to Jesus or whatever as inferior to the Duggar version?

James 2:14-18

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

lol of course not, France is fascist piece of poo poo with those laws

That doesn't mean we can't criticize the veil as oppressive though

do you accept that some women embrace the veil and that it may offer some liberating potential for them in that context?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Turns out the state forcing religious opinions on people is also a form of oppression, who would have thought

And yes, I do believe people can be brainwashed into ironic opinions

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

still though, as for me, i'm in no position to cast stones at anyone so i hope their family can grow from this awful situation

incest babies tend to make families grow larger, yes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shut up flanders

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
lol why are people care-replying to a troll

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Lord of Pie posted:

They do, they ran to tattle on the one kid that had the decency to jerk it instead of going for his sisters

Better to diddle sister and know hes straight than him to jerk it think hes gay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lmao

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
It's a lot funnier if you imagine it's the actual frog typing those posts and then when he's waiting for somebody to take the bait he's doing the song and dance all HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY DARLIN and his little green junk is flapping furiously with his dance steps.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Network Pesci posted:

It's a lot funnier if you imagine it's the actual frog typing those posts and then when he's waiting for somebody to take the bait he's doing the song and dance all HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY DARLIN and his little green junk is flapping furiously with his dance steps.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Jim Bob.
Jim Bob Duggar.

Two names for half a man

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

you know drat well that the entire republican political strategy is trying to dupe people who have honest convictions into voting for their vampire power structure

i don't think she was out trying to hurt trans people, look at the transcript from her robocall:

Now she may be misinformed about whatever law this is (i don't know the specifics, but I do know how effective the right wing propaganda machine is at controlling narratives), but if we just take her at her word, and accept that she believes this law is going to do exactly what she is saying it will do, do you think she is terrible for opposing it?

this doesn't look like she's going around trying to force trans people to see the world her way and accept Christ, it sounds like she was afraid that males with child predator convictions might find a loophole in the law which would allow them to enter private areas.

that doesn't sound to me like westboro baptist church it sounds like a concerned mom

lady had so many men entering "private areas that are reserved for women and girls." in her home she has to be allowed to express anger at someone other than her husband

The Bible
May 8, 2010

mdm posted:

the vocal political position that trannies gonna rape or something stupid

But they're such humble and non-judgmental Christians.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

Turns out the state forcing religious opinions on people is also a form of oppression, who would have thought

And yes, I do believe people can be brainwashed into ironic opinions

it's a bit condescending to assume women cannot have any agency and make such a decision on their own.

i think in some circumstances veils and coverings may offer liberating potential to women, and it's too simplistic to assume that it can only function one way

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why are you guys care responding to a guy with an avatar that shows sad pepes dick

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Jim

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Bob

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Are we still taking the obvious troll seriously?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

it's a bit condescending to assume women cannot have any agency and make such a decision on their own.

He is right. Let's all take a moment to appreciate all the religions which exist and allow women to have agency.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

its already theirs whats with all this "allowing" language

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oh, look, it's Todd. Everybody say 'hi' to Todd.

In our first year of college we all got to know eachother and pick cool and awesome roommates that we'd love to live with.

Except for fat Todd. One month before the semester was over he went room-to-room and begged all of us to put up with his nasty, dumb, racist smelly rear end for another semester.

gently caress you Fat Todd Duggar. There's a reason nobody wants to live with you

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

19 kids and three chins and counting.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

The Bible posted:

Are we still taking the obvious troll seriously?

Jim Bob

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey, you know those guitars that are, like, double guitars?

In the midst of reading all of CNF's posts (mentally) AS Ned, this was unexpected and refreshing.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

I'm sure any free agent woman would gladly pick up a Quran and don the veil under its influence, it's so appealing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i have friends in NW AR with a trans kid and to quote, "I just don't go to the bathroom at school." this is a direct result of michelle duggar's politcal lobbying

its not just people wanting to see smug people taken down. theyre actively hurtful to others

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

you irl posted:

lol why are people care-replying to a troll

I yen for the old days; the dark days.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

perhaps people should give some time to hear from the perspective of the girls themselves, it's really about them and their perspective and it's disingenuous to rally around their victimhood without listening to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevkx229XBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpGMoocWcw

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 12, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

perhaps people should give some time to hear from the perspective of the girls themselves, it's really about them and their perspective and it's disingenuous to rally around their victimhood without listening to them

They are on TV because Jim Bob (Jim Bob) wants to save the TV show. Putting them up on TV to defend THEIR OWN BROTHER that molested them is just sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Jim Borb

• Locked thread