Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

thejoshie posted:

That sound so absurd. I should run the idea based on that alone.

Pretty sure that was actually not only a thing that exists, but was a pretty straight shoot affair as well. The history of women and wrestling, much like the history of everything and wrestling, is both older and stranger than you might expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
You know, thinking of all these ideas, I think I'll settle for running a MH game centered on an all girl academy setting, ages 15-17. The school is prestigious, established back during WW2 and it's graduates often move on to greater, better futures.

Once I solidify the setting a bit more, recruitment will be incoming.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Dang. Much as I love Monsterhearta, I'd be all over Nightwitches.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Platonicsolid posted:

Dang. Much as I love Monsterhearta, I'd be all over Nightwitches.

...I can't win, can I? >_>;

Well, I could still change my mind. Maybe. We'll see.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hey I posted a recruitment thread for a Savage Worlds campaign inspired by Spartacus, could really use some players

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714739

Decided to do Night Witches. I shall go down in history as being the first person to run NW, as opposed to the hundredth who ran MH,

Trailblazing for the win!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Out of curiosity, is Blackbird Dreaming the longest game on the site?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

yes, by a long shot

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Link to thread?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2545278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

From what I've seen, its pretty huge, with over 500 pages in total. I believe it was started in 2007

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

thechosenone posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2545278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

From what I've seen, its pretty huge, with over 500 pages in total. I believe it was started in 2007

I remember a few years ago someone basically totted up the word count and it was somewherei n the region of like... 2.3 war and peace's.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
So I picked up Tabletop Simulator for a lark, because I had money and I thought why not, and found that it has loads of games that I really wanted to play, but couldn't, because they weren't available on Vassal or similar programs.

Would Pick-Up games be appropriate for this? Because I really want to get the urge to play board-games out of me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheNabster posted:

So I picked up Tabletop Simulator for a lark, because I had money and I thought why not, and found that it has loads of games that I really wanted to play, but couldn't, because they weren't available on Vassal or similar programs.

Would Pick-Up games be appropriate for this? Because I really want to get the urge to play board-games out of me.

I don't see why not, it would be no different than requiring players to have their own game books for online play, and usually cheaper too, since Steam frequently discounts it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sion posted:

I remember a few years ago someone basically totted up the word count and it was somewherei n the region of like... 2.3 war and peace's.

paging aeolius

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Blackbird Dreaming may actually be the longest continuous work of fiction in human history. I'm not sure, but, amazingly enough, it definitely is in the running.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Android Blues posted:

Blackbird Dreaming may actually be the longest continuous work of fiction in human history. I'm not sure, but, amazingly enough, it definitely is in the running.

I'm tempted to suggest something like the Avengers or the Odyssey but- yeah.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
If published as a single-volume novel it would probably be the second- or third-largest. Then you've got larger multi-volume works like the Hakkenden, which is supposedly 38 million words long.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sion posted:

Yikes the Exalted game I'm in is at 0.86 only

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

UnCO3 posted:

If published as a single-volume novel it would probably be the second- or third-largest. Then you've got larger multi-volume works like the Hakkenden, which is supposedly 38 million words long.

:stare:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Whoa 8 whole years? I gotta applaud that dedication to a play-by-post. drat, son.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I haven't read any of the thread, but I assume the entire thing takes place over the course of a single dinner party, judging by the pace of other PBP games.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
A few weeks, but yeah.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Gus Hobbleton posted:

A few weeks, but yeah.

Probably been a month in game, but a lot happened in that month. Both while the characters were awake and when they were dreaming.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My D&D game with Kaynorr is my first goon game and it is lovely. I recommend him for other's fun times.
I, on the other hand, am a complete rear end in a top hat about things.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Maybe a long shot, but does anyone have a way of contacting Appoda, Sandymane, or Kumaton? They all applied to a game I'm running, and I wanted to add them in as a second group, but I'm not sure any of them are following the thread.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm waiting with baited breath for the next Slam Sector update, because it's gun be gud

For those not in the know:

1) The scrunts have discovered a gigantic nuke hidden in a truck.

2) A lovecraftian corpse all hosed up with chaos magic and warp poo poo was discovered, transported, and is now on the same farm as the nuke.

3) This just happened:

Shadeoses posted:

Murdelia Skurvy
Fecking with forces beyond comprehension

Murdelia ignores the sound of gunshots and clicking radiation detectors, shrugs, and goes elbow-deep on the thing.

Exploratory Chaos Autopsy: 1d100 :eyepop:100:eyepop:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Is that a good or bad 100

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

They're using a warhammer system, which is a roll-under d100.

If you roll higher than your skill in something, you fail.
If you roll a 00, then you critical fail
If you critical fail when dealing with chaos magics and warp-twisted poo poo, nine times out of ten bad poo poo happens

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
At least I can safely say that it wasn't me, the psyker, who did it this time.

(Though this is giving me some great ideas. Step one, strap the Chaos-tainted corpsebeast to the nuke, step two)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm waiting with baited breath for the next Slam Sector update, because it's gun be gud

For those not in the know:

1) The scrunts have discovered a gigantic nuke hidden in a truck.

2) A lovecraftian corpse all hosed up with chaos magic and warp poo poo was discovered, transported, and is now on the same farm as the nuke.

3) This just happened:

To add to 1) The nuclear warhead is also leaking radiation like it's going out of style and if I can't get it resealed BAD poo poo WILL HAPPEN.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

excellent :q:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I expect 4chan to discover scrunts any day now and run the joke completely into the ground while spreading it to every comer of the internet.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Oh noes our secret internet treasure, defiled by those people

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

/tg/ made better 40k memes than loving scrunts.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Bravo posted:

They're using a warhammer system, which is a roll-under d100.

If you roll higher than your skill in something, you fail.
If you roll a 00, then you critical fail
If you critical fail when dealing with chaos magics and warp-twisted poo poo, nine times out of ten bad poo poo happens

You mean like game ending TPK type poo poo?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DocBubonic posted:

You mean like game ending TPK type poo poo?

Normal psychic phenomena is poo poo like plants withering or animals becoming spooked, with the occasional bit of insanity or corruption.

If you roll Above a 75 you roll on the perils of the warp table. Which can summon demons, make it rain blood, cause the psyker to explode, or turns him into a daemonhost. You can occasionally get away without permanent damage but only occasionally.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I don't remember the thread, but years ago someone had a story about their psyker casting a normal spell, rolling three critical failures on it, and turning into a gigantic hulking demon that ate the rest of the party effortlessly.

In the thread, however, I don't think anything bad happened. I'm pretty sure the GM just treated it as a normal flubbed roll and moved right along. :(

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

critical failure is not actually a thing in 40k systems, i don't know why everyone thinks it is. i'm also not a big fan of the "haha you rolled badly once now everyone dies!!" school of play; instead, the flubbed roll has wasted most of a combat drug they were going to study afterwards, and has resulted in an enraged combat-drug-ridden scrunt losing his mind and getting into his Sentinel

i was kinda hoping that those playing along at home would notice that the messed-up corpse is not that of a Nurgle guy, via the expedient of me having the party psyker discovering and stating "this doesn't smell of Nurgle", but w/e

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

critical failure is not actually a thing in 40k systems, i don't know why everyone thinks it is. i'm also not a big fan of the "haha you rolled badly once now everyone dies!!" school of play; instead, the flubbed roll has wasted most of a combat drug they were going to study afterwards, and has resulted in an enraged combat-drug-ridden scrunt losing his mind and getting into his Sentinel

i was kinda hoping that those playing along at home would notice that the messed-up corpse is not that of a Nurgle guy, via the expedient of me having the party psyker discovering and stating "this doesn't smell of Nurgle", but w/e

My one experience playing a 40K game had a psyker get a critical fail or something. The psyker let loose a hurricane of pure destruction which killed us all. So yeah, I hear about critical fails in 40k, I expect very bad things to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Scrunt Forbidden Lore: Paying Attention. :v: