Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Locked N' Loaded Gun Office sounds like a great place to work.

Also, I'm pretty excited for Gran Torino. That last page was pretty great.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Gran Torino is one Yoda-like MFer.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Chapter link.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm slightly disappointed Gran Torino doesn't look like cranky old Clint Eastwood.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm slightly disappointed Gran Torino doesn't look like cranky old Clint Eastwood.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't mention Baron of Explodo-kills chosen office.

Also, Iida is gonna get hosed up isn't he?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Caidin posted:

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't mention Baron of Explodo-kills chosen office.

Jobber.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Astro Nut posted:

My main suspicion would be on Endeavour as the surprise nomination, due to rule of drama and all, but I actually wonder if it might be used as a chance to intro a new character. Ie, some old hero who had originally gone into retirement at this point, or one who's well known for not liking 'sidekicks' in any form, making their interest all the more shocking.

Okay, so I cheated by having so many options, but still!

Interesting how its framed specifically though, not only was he All-Might's homeroom teacher, but friends with his predecessor as well? Makes me wonder if perhaps Gran Torino was the one who recommended All-Might for actually receiving One For All. Otherwise though, he probably is the best teacher for knowing how to handle it, since this will be three generations of uses he'll have worked with.

Guesses as to what their quirk might be?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Gran Torino's like a teeny old Mega Man. :3:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Caidin posted:

Ehhhh, I said it's deathflaggy as hell but Iida seems like too central a character to die. I guess he could go vigilante.

The real irony would be if Iida takes his assignment to go out of his way to try and find/attract Stain...but it ends up being Uraraka and her sponsor being attacked..

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 12, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm betting Iida goes Punisher, as opposed to any heel-turn.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Gotta say that one page with Iida has to be the most powerful so far. The mangaka knows the comic form so well.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is he going to teach Deku how to control One For All with the redemptive power of racism?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I want to train at the Cardog Hero Office

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You say that, but the movie was pretty good. As typecast as Eastwood is, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better delivery. Even if I do find him to be a repugnant individual.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder what young All Might looked like. I imagine it's his normal All Might head on a normal kids body.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poor Mt. Lady has no idea what she's in for. Also I didn't realize birdman was that short.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TNG posted:

Is he going to teach Deku how to control One For All with the redemptive power of racism?

Gonna chairsplain to Deku how things should be.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chumbler posted:

Poor Mt. Lady has no idea what she's in for. Also I didn't realize birdman was that short.

I think he was sitting down.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Ha ha ha. Is Kal-El Office straight from the original?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Molotov Cocktail Hero Office sounds like they might have some OSHA compliance issues.

Possibly some unruly employees.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I like Ochaka casually punching the air while holding a conversation

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Is it just me or do they look like they deaged this chapter

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

pinegala posted:

Is it just me or do they look like they deaged this chapter

They kinda look a bit rounder?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jesus Iida built isn't he? It always looked like it but those are some broad shoulders. Well ok the neck should've pointed it out too.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm personally wondering if this is less "oh he knows All Might" and more "fragile old man with ridiculous power knows what it's like to have a power that can crush your own body into powder if you cannot control it properly".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Prison Warden posted:

Ha ha ha. Is Kal-El Office straight from the original?

I wanna hang out with Cardog.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh man, I just had a idea, what if Uraraka uses her powers to enhance equipment? Like make giant guns and such weightless and recoilless? Basically I just had a picture in my head of Uraraka dual wielding giant weightless miniguns with a weightless but nearly impenetrable suit of battle armor on. :allears:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That would in fact be a highly practical and totally viable use of her powers, assuming she trained herself enough.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Oh man, I just had a idea, what if Uraraka uses her powers to enhance equipment? Like make giant guns and such weightless and recoilless? Basically I just had a picture in my head of Uraraka dual wielding giant weightless miniguns with a weightless but nearly impenetrable suit of battle armor on. :allears:

She did it with her clothes for the sprint test, so yeah. It's a thing that could happen.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I want her to get in to a pitched battle with the JSDF equivalent fielding machines to try and stop some huge monster, only for her to pick up a tank by the barrel and use it as a hammer to beat the poo poo out of the monster.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
She just needs to train to raise her zero limit. The max amount of stuff she can make weightless doesn't have a name, so that's what I'm calling it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Presumably Gunhead is enough of a badass that he can lift his own armory

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqOViMrdAvY

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Can she get rid of the recoil? I think it would even worse without the weight of the gun to help keep things in place. She'd basically be a second navel laser.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah she did this with a stone pillar back during the heroes vs villains test.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

What if she made the guns weightless, pointed one in either direction, and the recoil just made her spin like a top?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rhonne posted:

I wanna hang out with Cardog.

I just pictured a doc that's basically Mad Max, except he's a dog. Not like a Disney man-dog, jsut a dog. With an awesome car.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Iida's definitely going to turn into Punisher.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mindblast posted:

Jesus Iida built isn't he? It always looked like it but those are some broad shoulders. Well ok the neck should've pointed it out too.

All of them except like grapeboy (and even he might be pretty built except for the whole midget thing) are built as all hell, even the girls, author knows his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

AtomikKrab posted:

All of them except like grapeboy (and even he might be pretty built except for the whole midget thing) are built as all hell, even the girls, author knows his poo poo.

Yeah, it's amazingly refreshing to finally read a manga where the girls don't seem to be made out of dough and plastic.