Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

spongeh posted:

commence the public shaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

kurt cobain was right, everyone IS gay

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IcePhoenix posted:

she sounds hideous

Well, she's a guy with an exploded face, so...

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Here are old tweets that are neither offensive nor disappointing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's still one of the greatest tweets of all time.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

uwahahaha = disturbed guy in down with teh sickness

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aurain posted:

That's still one of the greatest tweets of all time.

Few tweets are truly worth the effort of being immortalized in the Library of Congress.

That is one of them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I thought it was revealed the Kike Cabana thing came from Al Snow? Feel free to correct

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Not sure. Remember him talking about on his first shoot interview post release that Dusty didn't believe in him and it just killed him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

Not sure. Remember him talking about on his first shoot interview post release that Dusty didn't believe in him and it just killed him.

I remember hearing that. That could be the source of his disappointment, or, and I hope this isn't the case, it's both racism and a lack of interest in using Colt.

The thing that bugs me about them not using Colt is from some of what we'd heard at the time, he seemed like a good fit. Over 6', likes to do comedy (a WWE staple), media friendly, capable in the ring. Other than racism, I don't think there's much of a valid reason to not use him. Like, I've heard people go "Well, Lancashire style isn't really WWE", and yeah it's true, but I doubt Colt would refuse to change up if it meant he got to keep his job and be used regularly with the main shows.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Asshall

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Dusty liked Sami Zayn, didn't like Colt Cabana. It's pretty obvious Dusty had taste.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
During his podcast with Tom Prichard, Colt slowly realized that part of the reason he didn't make it was that he relied on his minutes-long matches to show off his style, rather than speaking to any veterans in the locker room about his schtick.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMigXnXMhQ4

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Colt Cabana is and always was fukcking boring so Dusty was right

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

you're wrong, you jerks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought it was revealed the Kike Cabana thing came from Al Snow? Feel free to correct

Didn't Colt say it was Noted Fat Piece Of poo poo Bigot Bill DeMott that called him that after DeMott was fired?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It was at OVW, not FCW/NXT. I don't remember if he said who it was.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Colt Cabana is and always was fukcking boring so Dusty was right

This is an objectively wrong opinion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Colt Cabana was Matt Classic, right? He was cool.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

The Midnight Rider didn't think he was that good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

Colt is Matt Classics valet, and occasional tag team partner. They are two different people!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

No, they tagged at least once so they can't be the same person.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

No, they tagged at least once so they can't be the same person.

They are tagging this weekend in Germany actually.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

They are tagging this weekend in Germany actually.

Tag teaming in Germany? Gonna be some weird stuff...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Colt Cabana is okay, seems like an entirely friendly and affable dude (and as such I wish him happiness and success and I'm sad for him that meeting his hero crushed him), and is definitely decently funny at absolute worst but I also don't understand the notion that he's some wildly overlooked diamond in the rough either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It was Al Snow who said that about Colt, FFS.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Colt is one of the few guys I think can really make decent money just doing random indies around the world so I have no idea why he's constantly hung up about not being in WWE. Like every time there's a former WWE guy on AOW it always ends up at "When I was in developmental..."

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"Remember when they saddled me with that awful Scotty Goldman gimmick?"

What gimmick? You?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

njsykora posted:

Colt is one of the few guys I think can really make decent money just doing random indies around the world so I have no idea why he's constantly hung up about not being in WWE. Like every time there's a former WWE guy on AOW it always ends up at "When I was in developmental..."

Because for him WWE was a dream of his and probably a symbol that everything he has been working for in his career was worth it. It's tough being a wrestler and to go to the top of the business and get told you're not good enough by people you look up to is probably extremely rough. It's not like it's holding him back though. He is making his own lane and that is something super important in this industry. I don't know why people think he is some bitter guy who can't let things go. Yeah he might take a shot at WWE every once in a while, but do you really give a poo poo?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lord William Regal posted:

Last week I had my youngest son who wants to be an independent film maker,help film a try out and he got to spend several hours a day with Dusty Rhodes.One day I walked in Dusty's office as Dusty was talking to him about movies.Dusty said"Steven,I love you but you need to **** off while I enlighten young Bailey here on the ways of the Dream".So glad this happened.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Colt Cabana's misery is my mana.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

njsykora posted:

Because every time he meets someone who doesnt follow wrestling he has to have this converstion;

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a professional wrestler"
"Really? Are you in the WWF?"
"No."
"Oh."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Also, Colt got to developmental at the worst possible time for anyone with credibility, so it has to be a tough pill to swallow to see that being an indie darling is now the biggest positive that someone can have in developmental.

Marc Maron asks every single SNL person about his missed opportunity there, and AoW was designed to be wrestling's version of WTF, so Colt is just following someone he looks up to.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is Marc Maron the one who realized Lorne Michaels is insane halfway through his audition?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is Marc Maron the one who realized Lorne Michaels is insane halfway through his audition?

i think that's everyone

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I don't remember if it was Maron or someone else on the show who said they realized they failed their SNL audition when Lorne could tell it wasn't their lifelong dream to get on SNL.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I don't remember if it was Maron or someone else on the show who said they realized they failed their SNL audition when Lorne could tell it wasn't their lifelong dream to get on SNL.
That might have been Bob Odenkirk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Marc Maron said he knew he didn't get the job at SNL when he saw Lorne's reaction to him taking a piece of candy from a bowl on his desk.

The similarities between Lorne and Vince are staggering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You guys don't know what you're talking about.

Lorne has POPCORN on his desk, not candy!