Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Oberleutnant posted:

IANAP But can't they get the game to generate a checksum (to ensure the files are unmodded) before submitting a score to leaderboard?

The files aren't changed on disc, Cheat Engine is editing the game as it runs in memory.

Solutions do exist for this but I don't they'll bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Jibo posted:

This has stopped pretty much no game that has had online leaderboards from being jacked up from people who will hack or cheat. Not that I give a poo poo because score based dick waving hasn't appealed to me in a long rear end time. I am just excited about having dev seeds to play each day and to compare to other goons running them.

Yeah the test of a scoreboard game is how well it integrates with Steam or whatever so that it can compare you and your friends on a dedicated leaderboard. I don't care how I stack up against 10,000 bored kids with cheat engine y'know

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Everything I needed for infinite rerolls except Pyromaniac :argh: I will never, ever get Super Meat Boy and Bandage Girl. This is the first time I'd even seen the Monster Manual since like January.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I care very little about leaderboards beyond maybe scores that friends make so i dont really care if the top scores are all cheated.

Taking damage from voluntary damage sources lowering score would be dumb as hell though, it is one of several equally useful resource trading mechanics and it specifically getting penalized while the others dont would make no design sense at all. If you also take a penalty for trading bombs for coins or coins for items also then that would still be dumb but it would at least be consistent.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd be interested in seeing how much damage loss does impact your score. There have been plenty of times where I'll have the dagger or the knife or whatever and an abundance of soul hearts so I just berserk my way into crowds or a boss to save time. I wonder how much time you'll need to save to balance it out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Since when has The Fallen let you reroll his devil room item into other devil room items instead of boss items? Got pleasantly surprised just now when I rerolled headless baby into the pact.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Since always? He specifically pulls his drop from the devil room item pool rather than the token boss item pool, and you always reroll in whatever pool the original is pulled from.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
You have to roll BEFORE leaving the room, though. If you leave the room and then come back and roll it will pull from the boss pool.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh, my bad. Thought I heard The Fallen always rerolled into boss items no matter what.

Guess this is the first time I've bothered rerolling whatever he dropped, then. v:v:v

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I got me an infinite monster manual setup finally in the chest, I just rolled into Super Meat Boy, can I keep going and get Bandage girl? Or do I have to start another run? I was under the impression that you can only get one or the other when doing it through bosses, but I don't know if the same applies to monster manual.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fano posted:

I got me an infinite monster manual setup finally in the chest, I just rolled into Super Meat Boy, can I keep going and get Bandage girl? Or do I have to start another run? I was under the impression that you can only get one or the other when doing it through bosses, but I don't know if the same applies to monster manual.

You can and should get Bandage Girl through the Monster Manual.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've been working on getting RPG in God Mode and I've started to dig around in the files for it. There are around 570 different rooms to pull from in the Basement/Cellar and it looks like only 5 or so of them can have mullibooms. I might have to give up on the idea of unlocking the Lost in God Mode.

I'm not sure what the distribution is like in the unmodded game because I haven't gotten around to unpacking those files yet.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can and should get Bandage Girl through the Monster Manual.

Thanks for confirmation, got 'em:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
One thing I can't stand about familiars is they block my view. If I have a bunch of them they wind up in front of me and screen me and I can't see projectiles when they get near me so I get hit by them a lot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soy Milk is kinda fun when you have Proptosis, Double Vision, Death's Touch, and Cancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5njcGmUohM

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

One thing I can't stand about familiars is they block my view. If I have a bunch of them they wind up in front of me and screen me and I can't see projectiles when they get near me so I get hit by them a lot.

Do you play the game in first person mode?

E:
vvv Yeah yeah I got it.

Anyway, for anyone who doesn't have this game yet, it's 50% off today on the Steam Sale.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 12, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Do you play the game in first person mode?

What he means is that for some dumb reason familiars are layered on top of projectiles sometimes (not all the time though it seems?) instead of beneath them, meaning that if a projectile passes behind a familiar you can't see it coming at you, which happens frequently when you've got a bunch of them.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well, I finally completed all 20 challenges. I seriously have no idea how anyone is actually supposed to beat Suicide King without lucking out and getting Mom's Knife or something that nullifies the gimmick, but I did that, so now I don't have to figure it out.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Hjalmar posted:

Well, I finally completed all 20 challenges. I seriously have no idea how anyone is actually supposed to beat Suicide King without lucking out and getting Mom's Knife or something that nullifies the gimmick, but I did that, so now I don't have to figure it out.

If you can get your timing and accuracy right, you can shoot the Ipecac at enemies and have it explode before the rebound starts to happen and at a distance sufficient enough for you to not get hurt.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Hjalmar posted:

Use inertia to fling the shots? Not one of the hardest challenges.

^^ what they said

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hjalmar posted:

There wasn't anything particularly difficult about that challenge since besides having My Reflection, Ipecac works as it normally does: line up with an enemy and fire and it'll explode once it reaches them. The hard part was getting the Ipecac tear to blow up stuff like shopkeepers and such.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm beginning to get the impression that I've been bad at this game all along.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Hjalmar posted:

Were you on the edge of your seat in every one of your Slow Roll attempts?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Jibo posted:

I've been working on getting RPG in God Mode and I've started to dig around in the files for it. There are around 570 different rooms to pull from in the Basement/Cellar and it looks like only 5 or so of them can have mullibooms. I might have to give up on the idea of unlocking the Lost in God Mode.

I'm not sure what the distribution is like in the unmodded game because I haven't gotten around to unpacking those files yet.

Since you've already RPG'd the game, I'm sure you're not troubled by steam achievements. You can either cheat engine the lost (and his respective unlocks if you wish, modded rooms are pretty brutal) or possibly download a save editor.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
you can use seeds for the first 3 parts of The Lost unlock

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Trilin posted:

Since you've already RPG'd the game, I'm sure you're not troubled by steam achievements. You can either cheat engine the lost (and his respective unlocks if you wish, modded rooms are pretty brutal) or possibly download a save editor.

I'm leaning towards this but I kinda wanted to be able to say I legit got RPG in God Mode. I've been trying to unlock him for about a day and am about to just throw in the towel. I'll probably just remove the mod, unlock him, then pop it back in though. I'm not even sure if I'll ever be able to get the Lost achievements in it anyway, since one of the two possible Dark Room bosses has a literally undodgable attack and the end bosses all have about 20 times as much health.

GeneX posted:

you can use seeds for the first 3 parts of The Lost unlock

Seeds are kind of hosed with the mods that add rooms unfortunately. They don't add the same stuff as what you would get in an unmodded game and the way Agony of Isaac (what God Mode and Savior Mod both use for new rooms) works means that the same seed can actually be pretty different across different sessions.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Hjalmar posted:

Suicide King was one of the worst challenges for me too. I think I cheesed it with Magic Fingers, but for some reason that challenge and the ones with dr/epic fetus gave me the most trouble. On the other hand Beans was the easiest challenge for me so

Also I had no idea super meat boy/bandage girl were supposed to be difficult to get because the two times I've found a Book of Revelations on the first floor I've carried it to the womb and gotten a full meat boy/bandage girl first try.

What I'm trying to say is this game is weird sometimes

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Dr. Fetus challenge loving sucked because Fetus itself is a bad item to be saddled with, which is why I was so happy when I got a knife during my run. It's so dumb that Dr. Fetus bombs don't work with any of the bomb upgrades you get. Like, if it worked with Sad Bombs and Mr. Mega and stuff then it'd be great, but for whatever poo poo reason they decided that wasn't going to be a feature of the item. Like, imagine how nice it would have been to get Death's Touch + Sad Bombs during the challenge and just mow down every room with infinite piercing bombs.

The Family Man challenge was arguably worse though, because none of the game's good items help you in a blindfolded run, which is why I'm kinda worried about Lilith because you're going to see a Brimstone or a Knife and go "OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooh... I can't use that. :("

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
For suicide king, the collider for the shots actually follow the shadow, not the tear, just line up enemies with the shadow (which moves in a straight line) and you're golden, this works for secret rooms too.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

QuantaStarFire posted:

The Dr. Fetus challenge loving sucked because Fetus itself is a bad item to be saddled with, which is why I was so happy when I got a knife during my run.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing to throw out a bomb and see that it takes 2 to kill a spider.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fano posted:

For suicide king, the collider for the shots actually follow the shadow, not the tear, just line up enemies with the shadow (which moves in a straight line) and you're golden, this works for secret rooms too.

My problem was My Reflection. I'm okay with Ipecac, but in the challenge you have to aim pretty well because if you miss a shot you now have to deal with evading your own tear on top of dodging whatever you were dealing with previously.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I don't know how CobaltStreak had a 200+ streak when Eden runs like my last one existed. One health up, no damage ups, weak starting damage, all red chest drops spawned spiders except for two spirit hearts after starting with Left Hand, and only two devil/angel rooms despite never taking red heart damage. The first was three red chests that gave me Guppy's Paw, the second was Holy Water. I suicided with bombs after beating Mom because it was loving miserable.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Got The Lost in God Mode, it only took like a day solid of running Basement 1 to get the mulibooms to show up. Then I made the mistake of getting the collar on my last death. I respawned after dying to Satan six times, each time having to deal with two sets of high health Fallens with half a heart. But by god I got it.

Now for the hard part.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ADRA?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah God Mode changes the characters. Adra is Azazel and starts with Soy Milk, Number 1, The Coal, and Ludovico Technique along with Azazel's standard short brimstone.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
God Mode??

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
http://moddingofisaac.com/

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Aaand I had everything I needed for an infinite reroll setup in the chest to get the monster manuel... except I had picked up mom's knife so I couldn't turn my tears into bombs to restore my health. I did get the 99 bombs and the +10 bombs while rerolling, plus the 35 I already had, and nothing.

One day, Isaac. One day, I'll... give up and steam cheevo manager the achievements so I don't have to do this any more.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Holy poo poo, how does anyone have the patience to play as The Lost? After a good 100 death streak, I finally had a good enough run going to make it to Womb 2. I was feeling good--just a few rooms from It Lives, and I had The Bible, so if nothing else I was going to get the loving heart kill. Stop Watch is 100% required to get this far by the way, unless you get one of those crazy runs where you look at something and it dies.

Anyway, room before It Lives, it's a room with two of those giant versions of the eyeballs that shoot brimstone lasers. Dead before I can even react to them.

This is some horseshit. I may wait until The Lost gets "powered up" with spectral tears, as that should at least make The Cellar feasible to claw through to see if the first few items are going to make the run possible or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

BlackFrost posted:

Holy poo poo, how does anyone have the patience to play as The Lost? After a good 100 death streak, I finally had a good enough run going to make it to Womb 2. I was feeling good--just a few rooms from It Lives, and I had The Bible, so if nothing else I was going to get the loving heart kill. Stop Watch is 100% required to get this far by the way, unless you get one of those crazy runs where you look at something and it dies.

Anyway, room before It Lives, it's a room with two of those giant versions of the eyeballs that shoot brimstone lasers. Dead before I can even react to them.

This is some horseshit. I may wait until The Lost gets "powered up" with spectral tears, as that should at least make The Cellar feasible to claw through to see if the first few items are going to make the run possible or not.

:gitgud:

But seriously though, the Lost is just a huge pain in the rear end. Unless you feel bad about it, you can always check Modding of Isaac for the character editor and give him Holy Mantle and/or Stop Watch by default. Or you can just restart until you get one of the two early. But really if you play him a bunch you start to get to the point where most situations are totally doable and will start only losing to poo poo like flying into red poop and stumbling across Daddy Long Legs.