Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
sister fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Sister-Fucker 2 Electric Boogaloo : The Daughtering.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

staberind posted:

Sister-Fucker 2 Electric Boogaloo : The Duggaring.

ftfy

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Is a man not entitled to the Jim off his own Bob?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont jim bob your chickens before they hatch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like a square josh in a round hole

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Jim (metaphor for sister loving) Bob

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

109 pages and still funny

jim bob

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Wouldn't you? I mean, those angels probably looked like androgynous and abnormally beautiful, while everyone probably had lesions, missing teeth, crap-covered feet, and dirty beards. And then there's the men of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I don't know. Biblical descriptions of angels are always some monstrous, hosed-up poo poo. Like, multiple faces, eyeballs covering the entire body, wheels, poo poo like that.

Sodomites liked it hosed up.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The Bible posted:

I don't know. Biblical descriptions of angels are always some monstrous, hosed-up poo poo. Like, multiple faces, eyeballs covering the entire body, wheels, poo poo like that.

Sodomites liked it hosed up.

That's only the high tiers that never come down and interact with humans. Angels and archangels are boring and human shaped. Seraphim are the seven winged orb of light and eyeballs motherfuckers, and they never leave GOD's side or some poo poo.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

That's only the high tiers that never come down and interact with humans. Angels and archangels are boring and human shaped. Seraphim are the seven winged orb of light and eyeballs motherfuckers, and they never leave GOD's side or some poo poo.

I don't think the lower tiers ever really get a description. The only hint you get is that when one shows up, people are scared shitless, which reinforces the whole monster thing.

The whole "human shaped" and "naked baby" concept comes from art, doesn't it?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Wulfolme posted:

orbfather

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The Bible posted:

I don't think the lower tiers ever really get a description. The only hint you get is that when one shows up, people are scared shitless, which reinforces the whole monster thing.

I don't think they ever name any angel ranked over 2: Archangel, cherubim are the fat cupid angel types even though they're a high rank for some reason, and yes I think most of our visual information on angels is from Dante and Bosch and etc.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Duggar? I hardly knew 'er!

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Knock knock

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Who's there?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Fiend posted:

Knock knock

Who's there?

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Josh Duggar. I moved in down the street, and I'm legally required to inform you that I'm a convicted sex offender.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
JimBob Duggarpants

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
JIM BORB

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wulfolme posted:

I would like to take this time to remind everyone that the term "throwing a hot dog down a hallway" was almost certainly popularized by its use in an episode of Family Guy, spoken by Stewie Griffin to two prostitutes.

Thank you.

way to out yourself on liking family guy, nerd

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also I feel like that has to be wrong because there's never been an original joke on Family Guy. And half of them aren't even jokes, just Lion-O and Family Ties.

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

Also I feel like that has to be wrong because there's never been an original joke on Family Guy. And half of them aren't even jokes, just Lion-O and Family Ties.

It is wrong. My friends and I used that as an insult in middle school and I'm in my 30s. It's been around forever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jonny 290 posted:

dont jim bob your chickens before they hatch

actually you shouldn't jim bob your chickens until they reach the legal age of majority

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

actually you shouldn't jim bob your chickens until they reach the legal age of majority

Josh waited until they were 5. Good enough for Arkansas.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Can we get back to talking about Michelle?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shnag posted:

Commie nedflanders, while trolling, is really doing a net positive service. He does a solid job portraying a far right fundie view point. Start off by having a vague idea of whats going on, and then choose the most positive possible view point and go with it. " Sure he touched his sister over her clothes, she was his age and they (implying it was mutual} were just experimenting! It happened only once! and he apologized! (once, and nothing happened after that) Its all a liberal attack!" From that point you have to slowly point out each and every single part of the conversation he got wrong, as if you just info dumped him everything that actually happened, he could smuggly say you have an agenda, or think to much about it. And even after you very slowly point every single aspect of the case, a fundie could always say "Jesus forgives!" . And apparently any and all criticism is forfeit at that point. So really, if anyone is defending the duggers in any sense of the word, its best just to ignore them, and there is quite literally nothing to sway them from their view point, and considering the starting point is incestuous underage molestation, that is saying alot.

What are you even talking about

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

The Bible posted:

God himself took human form to win a wrasslin' match by cheating (would have lost otherwise) and I'm pretty sure the S&G angels were seen as men.

E: but yeah, the general angel opener is "be not afraid." :cthulhu:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Commie NedFlanders posted:

What are you even talking about

jim bob

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012
flim flob fluggar

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

I don't think they ever name any angel ranked over 2: Archangel, cherubim are the fat cupid angel types even though they're a high rank for some reason, and yes I think most of our visual information on angels is from Dante and Bosch and etc.

Biblically, I think Cherubim are actually four faced creatures with revolving heads.

The fat naked babies are an invention of Catholicism because of course they are.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Bible posted:

Biblically, I think Cherubim are actually four faced creatures with revolving heads.

The fat naked babies are an invention of Catholicism because of course they are.

And despite their radical protestantism, I can think of at least one thing the Duggars have taken from Catholicism.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Father Wendigo posted:

Can we get back to talking about Michelle?

:vince:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Part of me wants to read the bible through once just because of how culturally significant it is

Another part of me doesn't want to devote one second to that made up nonsense.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Amarcarts posted:

Part of me wants to read the bible through once

You'd be a step ahead of the majority of Christians.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Which Bible version is the best for a dirty atheist to read? There seem to be a dozen popular translations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Just read teh Jefferson's Bible

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wulfolme posted:

Which Bible version is the best for a dirty atheist to read? There seem to be a dozen popular translations.

The KJV, it's the only one that was translated by god directly working through the authors

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

King James was openly Bi by all historical accounts wasn't he?

I am always amused by these hardcore fundies who claim the King James Bible as the only true version, (coz it's in English, which is like American, which is where Jesus should have been from), when it is a document designed to consolidate political power, commissioned by a queer man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

KJV also important because it was meant to delegitimate other translations that questioned or challenged the divine right of kings.

• Locked thread