Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Any chance that a spot is going to open up in Goonfleet? Not enough active players in Boat Pirates.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
who put my video on reddit

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Putty posted:

who put my video on reddit

:reddit: indeed

http://www.reddit.com/r/BoomBeach/comments/368rcg/new_boom_beach_strategy/

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
:nws: http://imgur.com/a/rL5l1

First time ~ I never post 'normal' photos of myself let alone nude.. be kind! =/ by 3ynchronicity in GoneWildPlus

gromdul posted:

Get off of my phone and into my bed

lmaoo

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Haha

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Thank you, whoever updated the posticon!

Scottishprog
Jun 30, 2012
Put in an application to Goonfleet. IGN is Scottishprog

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'd like to join goonfleet, any inactives in there you guys could kick?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nauta posted:

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/rL5l1

First time ~ I never post 'normal' photos of myself let alone nude.. be kind! =/ by 3ynchronicity in GoneWildPlus

lmaoo

I

I don't get it

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Do any of the Goon TF's have or can make room for an active operation attacker? I am 12/27 screenname is Thr1llh0us3.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
12/27?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hq 12 level 27.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Does anyone want to hang out in an IRC channel for Goony Boom Beach? I figure since there's multiple task forces we could all come together here and be Goony together.

I'll be in #SABoomBeach on synirc.net if anyone else wants to join.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
No one even posts in this thread. How about being goony here? Though to be honest we do have most of our game discussion in-game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I was worried about my VP for a while because I was getting PVP bases 10 levels above, but after grinding out a bunch of VP (maybe 50 or so?) the bases I'm seeing are actually a little bit closer to my level. I'm wondering if the bases I was seeing were abandoned, causing their VP to drop way below where they should be, where as the people I'm seeing now are actively playing the game are the same progression level I am.

Also, has anyone ever tried a heavy/warrior rush comp? In theory if you create a smoke trail up to the HQ, including one on the HQ, the one right before the HQ, where the heavies should be in because they wouldn't get adjacent to the HQ like the warriors do, would run out right before the one hiding your warriors does, giving the heavies a second to be targetted by all the defenses before the smoke screen hiding your warriors drops, taking pressure off your warriors as they murder the HQ/Power Core.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Heavies and warriors work, the defenses behind the warriors will hit them first instead of the warriors. You still need to shock the Shock Launchers or you will die in a fire.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm about to hit lvl 24, HQ 11, and I have almost no defensive buildings. I place my mines when I get them but I think I only have like, 4 sniper towers, 2 mortars, and 2 machine guns right now. None of them are above lvl 3. At what point should I start building defenses? Does that time come before HQ20?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm honestly not sure that defense matters at all. I'm level 22, HQ 9 with only halfway upgraded defenses and it's been two weeks since anyone attacked my home base (when I was HQ 8, or maybe 7). My resource bases have gone back and forth, but without a way to upgrade the defenses there's not a whole lot to do there. My guess is that because of the all-or-nothing nature of attacking and rewards, most people don't seem interested in risking a wipe on a base that's even halfway-decently put together; it's easier to do Task Force raids, resource bases, terror missions, etc.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This same exact guy every time. He REALLY wants my resources!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDD8Sxr0So

JM mentioned Smokey Hooka, so I googled it and found this video. Heavy losses, but it's able to destroy pretty much any player base.

This tactic is way above what's required for the bases in the 500 vp bracket, but it looks fun. Time to max out my smoke and hooka.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 13, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

gromdul posted:

[video type=""]RKDD8Sxr0So[/video]

informative

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
My phone auto corrected youtube to YouTube, which apparently will break the tag. Because this site is bad.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
no ur bad for reading the forums on a god drat phone lol

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

gromdul posted:

A handy guide on power stones: Yesup's Guide to Power Stones and Statues

Am I reading this statue post correct that a 27% troop health Masterpiece is the 81st percentile of statues of that type?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

What's a cool task force to join?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

What's a cool task force to join?

Goonfleet is the best task force.

Non-Goonfleet task forces, how many active members are you guys rocking? We might be getting to the point where a task force consolidation would be best.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Goonfleet is the best task force.

Non-Goonfleet task forces, how many active members are you guys rocking? We might be getting to the point where a task force consolidation would be best.

Boat Pirates has 24 members, though we've averaged 12-13 attacks in our most recent ops (both complete and incomplete).

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Phelddagrif posted:

Boat Pirates has 24 members, though we've averaged 12-13 attacks in our most recent ops (both complete and incomplete).

You don't want to merge with Goonfleet. Reik would pester you with questions 24 hours a day.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Funso Banjo posted:

You don't want to merge with Goonfleet. Reik would pester you with questions 24 hours a day.

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Reik posted:

Am I reading this statue post correct that a 27% troop health Masterpiece is the 81st percentile of statues of that type?

Somewhere between 71 and 81. The better the statue, the rarer it is. You only have about a 30% chance of rolling a better one (15% really, since there are two types of red statues).

Supercell did a Reddit AMA, here's the results (new update soon)

some redditor posted:

Confirmed Updates:

New update coming early next week

Ability to save and load base layouts

Battle replay sharing and a co-leader role within task forces

Gearheart rewards will start at 2 gears and be broken up into 7 thresholds

Possible Updates:

Attack status and history for task force members

Ability to add symbols and additional notes to operations

Test attacks are being discussed

And a bonus Smokey Zooka vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvbkLCfXAw

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 18, 2015

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Um, would like to submit another goon clan for your consideration:

#RL929LO
2legit2lift

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Um, would like to submit another goon clan for your consideration:

#RL929LO
2legit2lift

Added to the OP

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Servers are down for the update.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

This one is new to me. Is it new to the game?

Not sure how I am supposed to tackle this. Warriors perhaps. Even boosted, that's a lot of gbe to take out two SLs and then shock the cannons for tmed.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 25, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
:goleft:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

gromdul posted:

This one is new to me. Is it new to the game?

Not sure how I am supposed to tackle this. Warriors perhaps. Even boosted, that's a lot of gbe to take out two SLs and then shock the cannons for tmed.

I would say riflemen and a medic or two, stun all 4 shocks, stun leftmost cannons/mortars, and flare all troops at once to the left of shock cannons.

Edit: maybe have a smoke/heal at the ready if the shocks are getting too salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I did it with tmed, but lost a lot of troops. Which I dislike, especially for NPC bases. That's pretty much the only appeal of tmed; not losing troops. A lot of the new (or new to me) bases feature A LOT of level 20 cannons. Which also look dumb as gently caress now.

• Locked thread