Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Nintendo is out for blood this year. That was JUST SMASH and they already set the bar so high. Fallout 4 is going to have trouble following that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
That's a new record time for winning E3, christ :alleats:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

mr.capps posted:

close the thread, nintendo won e3 before it even really began

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

mr.capps posted:

If that Retro reveal really is Metroid Prime 4, then yup.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mr.capps posted:

Wait till you see all the free Splatoon maps, weapons and modes they're gonna be announcing :allears:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

6.5h until nintendo world championships
11h until bethesda

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo basically shits on microsoft and sony every hear, its amazing

also

im excited about the pc gaming show

it might actually be good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

pretty great we still have at least one console maker that remembers games are meant to be fun

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rookersh posted:

If that Retro reveal really is Metroid Prime 4, then yup.

the current leading theory is it is going to be a diddy kong thing based on trademark filings

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

pretty great we still have at least one console maker that remembers games are meant to be fun

PC + WiiU + 3DS = Winning combo

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't understand why people are so excited, it's a bunch of DLC. I mean, it's cool, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near E3-winning levels, especially with Street Fighter V itself being possibly officially announced during it, for those of you who want Ryu. At least wait until the actual Nintendo Direct, jesus christ.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't understand why people are so excited, it's a bunch of DLC. I mean, it's cool, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near E3-winning levels, especially with Street Fighter V itself being possibly officially announced during it, for those of you who want Ryu. At least wait until the actual Nintendo Direct, jesus christ.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I declared them winners months ago

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

person who can't do street fighter inputs spotted

vvvvv this, most companies just show trailers and bullshit with no announce dates

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 14, 2015

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
to be fair it doesn't take much to win e3 if you can produce actual content

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Fart

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

DLC is winning now? Neat

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Fat_Cow posted:

DLC is winning now? Neat

it's e3, set your expectations low

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fat_Cow posted:

DLC is winning now? Neat

:jerkbag:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Is the E3 IRC chat still a thing or no? I don't remember the info.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
probably its #e3 on synirc

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
gently caress Yu:

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gently caress Yu:

He double parked his forklift?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gently caress Yu:

MOTHErFUCKER

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinity Gaia posted:

you pay too much attention to the armaments, nintendo won this battle through their superior tactics
the only chance the others got is to win by numbers

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yu Suzuki is the shenmue guy

I like how e3 is turning into a thing that Japanese game developers use to troll their fans with

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the art of video game war

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yu Suzuki is the shenmue guy

I like how e3 is turning into a thing that Japanese game developers use to troll their fans with

better than trolling us by actually making games

Darth blob
Nov 12, 2011

puts the "ass" in classy
I just like to point out it took Microsoft 2 e3's (3?) a really funking long time is all I remember) to make there controller wireless pic comparable. Almost like they don't want to get boo'd off stage or something.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Now, Ryu is in Smash Bros, and mii have a heiachi costume.
Nintendo has done a better Street Fighter VS Tekken game.
By the way, is the 3DS version of Smash Bros worth it if you play it as a stand-alone game?

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 14, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

limaCAT posted:

By the way, is the 3DS version of Smash Bros worth it if you play it as a stand-alone game?

It's really popular with my nieces and nephews, but I can't recommend it for adults. All the fun in smash is playing with friends, plus the circle pad is awful for smash

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Smash Run beats the poo poo out of Smash Tour, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Darth blob posted:

I just like to point out it took Microsoft 2 e3's (3?) a really funking long time is all I remember) to make there controller wireless pic comparable. Almost like they don't want to get boo'd off stage or something.

windows 10 only. dongle required

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
3 new stages, 3 new characters, a big pile of cameo Mii costumes, tons of new songs.... drat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
soon they are gonna have to add a duper after the super

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the "it's out! NOW!!!" marketing strategy is something that should be done more

mostly because we'll get hilarious stories of people beating each other to death with nail bats over the protoman amiibo or some poo poo

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

how is nintendo literally the only company that knows how to do a thing at e3 and make it good

Because video games are toys for children and Nintendo makes toys

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mr.capps posted:

soon they are gonna have to add a duper after the super

Super Smash Bros Turbo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

3 new stages, 3 new characters, a big pile of cameo Mii costumes, tons of new songs.... drat

What were the new stages? I'm glad they released it all today, that was a great surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

• Locked thread