Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
The Testament of Jim Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The Last Temptation of Duggar
A Scorsese film about the last days of Josh Duggar's life before his martyrdom where he must make the difficult decision to stop molesting his own children long enough to be martyred.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

DaveSplitter posted:

P. sure that they don't do this because they know that they'll realize how phony their religion is.

Yes. The true Christian way to read the Bible is simply with a highlighter and a black permanent marker.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Thanks to the folks recommending Jefferson's book of Jesus's greatest hits, it's pretty neat

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Good idea: don't gently caress a kid
Bad idea: gently caress a kid

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
At trying times like these, I always ask myself: what would Jesus do if he got caught molesting his little sisters?

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Pvt.Scott posted:

I have the Legacy Study Bible. It's got a fair bit of info for each chapter and room for notes on every page etc. it's the Hank Hanegraaf one. I got the leather one because it's nice. Also has an associated study plan I believe. It's been a few years since I did any bible poo poo, so I may have to check that out.

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Study-Bible-Hank-Hanegraaff/dp/B001O9CAIQ

E: I'm not sure if the cheaper ones have all of the margin space and extras, like a place for your family tree and poo poo. There's also maps by era.

Man, I was strongly considering ordering this, until I saw this other book by the same guy: http://www.amazon.com/Face-That-Demonstrates-Farce-Evolution/dp/0849942721

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Whatev posted:

At trying times like these, I always ask myself: what would Jesus do if he got caught molesting his little sisters?

pretend he didn't and get really upset if anyone told about it, that was what jesus was all about yknow

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

god drat that mothrefucking bassist is extremely my poo poo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Turn the other cheek :quagmire:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Whatev posted:

Whatever you do unto even the least of these, so you have done unto me.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

SteveVizsla posted:

Man, I was strongly considering ordering this, until I saw this other book by the same guy: http://www.amazon.com/Face-That-Demonstrates-Farce-Evolution/dp/0849942721

It's a good starter version of the bible before going on to more secular tomes. Hanegraaf is my guilty radio listen because his Bible Answer Man program is nothing but fielding apologetics questions. His stuff is definitely not objective. He's a believer. At least he's not a young earth creationist.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
lol if god didn't select you as his messenger and you have to read his commands as reported by a better, more holy person

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Whatev posted:

fake his death and then come back in a couple days

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Why is that harlot showing her wiles to that nice old lady?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Whatev posted:

Suffer the little children to come unto me.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Suffer the little children to come unto me.

Yeah, but here he'd be coming onto the children

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Don't post your Dr Who fanfic. Mods?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible is good because it highlights the naughty bits making them easier to find and snicker at.

Well, most of the categories are naughty bits. Then there's the boring stuff.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I don't understand everyone's problem with this she wants some bbc to shoot huge loads on her

if anything this is a part of the bible modern generations can relate to

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Blue Train posted:

I don't understand everyone's problem with this she wants some bbc to shoot huge loads on her

if anything this is a part of the bible modern generations can relate to

Those drat Kardashians are everywhere

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

drat IT people!

So this whole scandal has made me aware of the Duggar family. While many people were thrilled to have a reason to slander the family, using them as a proxy for all of Christinity, I thought I would hold my judgement until looking into s bit more.

There are unfortunately people who've got a bone to pick with Christians and will take any chance they get to hurl as much vitriol as they can at anything they believe represents the faith. I think this has contributed to the ridiculous outcry that has resulted from this.

This thread is full if he most hyperbolic and outlandish slander aimed at the Duggars and sadly much of it is not in jest but rather representative of people's actual thoughts and beliefs.

I felt it was necessary to first and foremost consider the perspectives of the victims, who gave a full interview on the topic. I thought that was rather illuminating.

I'm the hope of learning even more about the Duggar family from their own point of view (I'm a fan of Primary Sources) I decided to watch some of the show, starting from the first episode. Now I see it's been purged from the Internet, taken down from Hulu or any other source

This is obviously an attention getting family but now all their shows are inaccessible because of this?

I'm pissed

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
They need to do way instain brother> who gently caress thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a brother in ar who had finger three kids. they are taking the babbys back in new york too blond lady for chat. my pary are with the mother who lost her daughters to brother molest ; i am truley sorry for your lots

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Commie NedFlanders posted:

drat IT people!

So this whole scandal has made me aware of the Duggar family. While many people were thrilled to have a reason to slander the family, using them as a proxy for all of Christinity, I thought I would hold my judgement until looking into s bit more.

There are unfortunately people who've got a bone to pick with Christians and will take any chance they get to hurl as much vitriol as they can at anything they believe represents the faith. I think this has contributed to the ridiculous outcry that has resulted from this.

This thread is full if he most hyperbolic and outlandish slander aimed at the Duggars and sadly much of it is not in jest but rather representative of people's actual thoughts and beliefs.

I felt it was necessary to first and foremost consider the perspectives of the victims, who gave a full interview on the topic. I thought that was rather illuminating.

I'm the hope of learning even more about the Duggar family from their own point of view (I'm a fan of Primary Sources) I decided to watch some of the show, starting from the first episode. Now I see it's been purged from the Internet, taken down from Hulu or any other source

This is obviously an attention getting family but now all their shows are inaccessible because of this?

I'm pissed

You're adorable.

Jim Bob

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

drat IT people!

I'm pissed

dat jim bob doe

The Bible
May 8, 2010

drat IT people!

I'm pissed

Jim Bob?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

drat IT people!

I'm pissed

Jim... Bob?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Until recently, I thought "emissions" actually meant horse farts.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

They need to do way instain brother> who gently caress thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a brother in ar who had finger three kids. they are taking the babbys back in new york too blond lady for chat. my pary are with the mother who lost her daughters to brother molest ; i am truley sorry for your lots

i love you

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Regalingualius posted:

Until recently, I thought "emissions" actually meant horse farts.
context clues man, i mean "she lusted after men with huge dicks and who farted like horses"?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Acne Rain posted:

context clues man, i mean "she lusted after men with huge dicks and who farted like horses"?

You don't?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Acne Rain posted:

lol farts

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Some real badass atheists Doing sick owns on the bible itt

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

Some real badass atheists Doing sick owns on the bible itt

Thank you. I try my best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

TNG posted:

Couldn't Gothardite men just blind themselves to avoid temptation? Seems like a sensible solution to me. You won't have to worry about those false Jezebels and their wiles if your eyes are gouged out after all.

This is actually a thing Jesus said. It, and the surrounding verses are trying to get across, with plenty of sarcasm, that if you have bad poo poo in your life, deal with it. Cut it out, as it were. In this case, the Duggar men need to take responsibility for their own thoughts and actions rather than putting on a self-righteous show of being pure.

E: Nike!

• Locked thread