Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OMFG I CLICKED NEW POST AND INSTEAD IT EDITED THE OLD ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress YOU AWFUL APP IM DELETING YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's ok.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Phone just went haywire??

Anyway Asiina I was going to be snarky but instead I'm going to say that your reads are all surface deep and that you should read the whole game before you try to make reads. I find your post to be inconceivable in its conclusions.

I read the whole game, tyvm.

Your whining about PMom's VT claim is completely fake. It's a completely meaningless statement from him and you know that. You ignore it too until aC apparently takes it seriously. There's no way you believe that PMom is actually claiming VT or that doing so when he does it every game is a distraction.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, I do believe it. Sorry it's so impossible for you to understand that claiming a role out of the gate only serves to be annoying and in fact helps scum because you're either lying as town (other townies don't like it), lying as scum (which means scum can easily use it to their benefit), or telling the truth as town (making it more likely that scum hit a power role with their nk at night). It needs to stop being a thing.

And it's ironic that you would label it as whining.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I do believe it. Sorry it's so impossible for you to understand that claiming a role out of the gate only serves to be annoying and in fact helps scum because you're either lying as town (other townies don't like it), lying as scum (which means scum can easily use it to their benefit), or telling the truth as town (making it more likely that scum hit a power role with their nk at night). It needs to stop being a thing.

And it's ironic that you would label it as whining.

Except anyone who has played more than a couple of games with PMom and who is paying even the slightest bit of attention knows that it's just a thing he says at the beginning of the game instead of saying confirmed. All of your talk about whether it's good or bad for scum or town to claim your role doesn't have anything to do with the situation because it's a completely meaningless statement. The fact that you are trying to spin it as some grand mafia theory is what makes you suspicious for it. It's completely misrepresenting what is happening and you know this.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Phone just went haywire??

Anyway Asiina I was going to be snarky but instead I'm going to say that your reads are all surface deep and that you should read the whole game before you try to make reads. I find your post to be inconceivable in its conclusions.

Quoting this because I'm phone posting but I don't want to forget about it; I think this is a bad post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I will elaborate later

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
work work gently caress work
augh sorry gently caress work
sorry augh poo poo work
sorry sorry augh work

- "gently caress Work Augh", newest single from E+

Asiina posted:

Except anyone who has played more than a couple of games with PMom and who is paying even the slightest bit of attention knows that it's just a thing he says at the beginning of the game instead of saying confirmed.

I forgot this happens with pmom and it makes me want to reread him/diqnol.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

okay so first of all i disagree strongly with za that asiina's reads aren't worthwhile; in fact i think they are pretty good. Asiina didn't go through and case every single person nor is she saying so. The only person she cases, E+, ends with a vote. I'm increasingly growing suspicious of za.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

When i reread the whole thread examining roydrowsy's interactions, i remember feeling that za wasn't doing so well. At this point, though, I think I'm going to ##vote E+ because even given the explanation of being very busy, the posts he have made are really sloppy;

this is a stupendously bad vote

Epsilon Plus posted:

:rolleyes:

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

the vote where E+ turns onto pmach isn't good either.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I reread Propaganda Machine and think my vote should go there instead. ##vote Propaganda Machine purposefully baits Diqnol, kinda whitee-noise after that, maybe GG will calm down

at the time of this vote, the general charge wasn't the "purposeful baiting" of za; i actually thought the point where (s)he(?) [idk] posted "the lady doth protest too much" was an ok point. and also the problem wasn't that pmach was whitenoising, it was that pmach was skirting around the edge of engagement, two different things. I feel like there's subtlty there that e+ didn't need to explain, but did and got it wrong.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

okay so first of all i disagree strongly with za that asiina's reads aren't worthwhile; in fact i think they are pretty good. Asiina didn't go through and case every single person nor is she saying so. The only person she cases, E+, ends with a vote. I'm increasingly growing suspicious of za.

oh yeah right there was no point to sniping at asiina to 'read the whole thread' at all

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

this is a stupendously bad vote

for context:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yeah, I guess breadcrumbing my rapper is dumb, but I didn't post my vote for Foo in my case on him so I just decided to spice up the post where I actually did.

GG cases four people, clearly is the hardest on Foo, and yet... somehow doesn't vote Foo when he clearly had intent to? Like, it is really weird when writing or speaking to make a list of four points and not have your strongest point be your last, seguing into your next topic (in this case, voting). It feels artifical; like, "oh, I wanna vote Foo... but I better make it look like I'm considering other options".

Captain Foo posted:

the vote where E+ turns onto pmach isn't good either.

at the time of this vote, the general charge wasn't the "purposeful baiting" of za; i actually thought the point where (s)he(?) [idk] posted "the lady doth protest too much" was an ok point. and also the problem wasn't that pmach was whitenoising, it was that pmach was skirting around the edge of engagement, two different things. I feel like there's subtlty there that e+ didn't need to explain, but did and got it wrong.

So being the fifth out of seven to vote someone D1, when it becomes clear my preferred vote won't be dying, is bad... because I had a different viewpoint on it. Okay.

I mean, you can think I'm scummy all you want. But part of your opinion is literally "had a different opinion of a poster than everyone else" when a better scum move would be to parrot the consensus.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Does anyone else think it's at all strange that Hurt spends all D1 trying to pull for PMach not to get lunched, then does a one-eighty to be -1 with minimal explanation? Or is that just me.

Bonus:

Dr. Hurt posted:

Thank you either serial killer or mafia for killing Chic. Well either that or Chic investigated someone and ended up hitting one of those "you visit, you die" people that I can't remember the name of. We'll just call them a landmine, since I don't care enough to look it up.

"thanks for killing our cop" what the gently caress is this?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

Does anyone else think it's at all strange that Hurt spends all D1 trying to pull for PMach not to get lunched, then does a one-eighty to be -1 with minimal explanation? Or is that just me.

Bonus:

"thanks for killing our cop" what the gently caress is this?

Hurt is co-vote leader at the moment, so no, you're not the only one. That should be obvious, asking it in the form of a question is weird. And really the whole turnaround was within an hour, not "the whole day".

Chic was lurking. It's good for the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

GG cases four people, clearly is the hardest on Foo, and yet... somehow doesn't vote Foo when he clearly had intent to? Like, it is really weird when writing or speaking to make a list of four points and not have your strongest point be your last, seguing into your next topic (in this case, voting). It feels artifical; like, "oh, I wanna vote Foo... but I better make it look like I'm considering other options".

I did though, it was in the post at the end of my case block, but also I've moved on to someone else on my case list, Hal Incandenza. How's it artificial if I cased Foo, voted him and then as the thread progressed voted another person who was high on my suspicion list. You're not comprehending the cases put forward and each subsequent post you make does little to dissuade me of my opinion that you also are likely scum.

As of this post:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Outside of Hal.

I think Epsilon Plus and BottleKnight are also likely to be scum.

There is little content from both players and the participation seems drive by. Reads and actions by both players seem to only follow where the momentum is building without ever truly elaborating on an opinion of their own.

Hal, You and BK seemed like scum to me. BK is the weakest suspect on that list IMO, but play from both you and Hal pings me as forced, scummy, lacking conviction, or not serious in regards to solving who is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

Except anyone who has played more than a couple of games with PMom and who is paying even the slightest bit of attention knows that it's just a thing he says at the beginning of the game instead of saying confirmed. All of your talk about whether it's good or bad for scum or town to claim your role doesn't have anything to do with the situation because it's a completely meaningless statement. The fact that you are trying to spin it as some grand mafia theory is what makes you suspicious for it. It's completely misrepresenting what is happening and you know this.

I made the point during jokephase of the game and the only reason it is still being discussed is because people with little contextual awareness are jumping all over it. I tend to think this focus is from scum because a discerning townie should be able to figure it out without me holding their hands. I think you're a savvy enough mafia player to have picked up on it. That you are ignoring the timing says to me you're looking for something at all rather than something legit.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

work work gently caress work
augh sorry gently caress work
sorry augh poo poo work
sorry sorry augh work

- "gently caress Work Augh", newest single from E+

I forgot this happens with pmom and it makes me want to reread him/diqnol.

Okay, so E+ makes this post about rereading me and pint but in the followup posts he doesn't mention either of us at all. It's kinda like he's skirting the topic - Pmom/Epsilon scum team is possible. Epsilon is independently scummy from this post, though, when you realize that he's playing lip service to things he can't talk about, both like he needs to be seen as being involved in all things and like he is following the game. His other two posts after this aren't even really scum hunting but rather trying to argue with foo and making a meaningless observation. I'd vote for him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Okay, so E+ makes this post about rereading me and pint but in the followup posts he doesn't mention either of us at all. It's kinda like he's skirting the topic - Pmom/Epsilon scum team is possible. Epsilon is independently scummy from this post, though, when you realize that he's playing lip service to things he can't talk about, both like he needs to be seen as being involved in all things and like he is following the game. His other two posts after this aren't even really scum hunting but rather trying to argue with foo and making a meaningless observation. I'd vote for him.

I think we all should. He's presenting himself as the strongest choice for today IMO and his attempt to come back an address the thread seems like one out of necessity moreso than interest in figuring out the game.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Her points on Hurt and I sucked.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

oh yeah right there was no point to sniping at asiina to 'read the whole thread' at all

Yeah, there was. Asiina tends to not put in the effort without a boot to the butt and I actually like her reads when she does put it in. I didn't agree with the majority of her post and I attribute that to the lack of aforementioned effort. She did just replace in, so that's fully understandable, but if she plans to just sit on those reads then :'|

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think we all should. He's presenting himself as the strongest choice for today IMO and his attempt to come back an address the thread seems like one out of necessity moreso than interest in figuring out the game.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Thank you for making me far less comfortable with an Epsilon vote you butthole

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I did though, it was in the post at the end of my case block

I meant in that post, but way to miss context I guess. (or maybe my post was lovely)

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

##vote Epsilon Plus

It is good to know that you think I am purposefully looking scummy I guess.

Yeah I kinda forgot I wanted to reread you and my read of pmom was pretty null. I felt my other posts were better made in the time I have.

Your unease about voting me is because I'm not as scummy as you think. In order to keep the day productive I'm probably just going to retire if I get a fourth vote so as to increase our chances of actually hitting scum - deadline hits right as I leave work and I probably won't get much good posting in before then. You can expect that around 530-630 EST or so unless I get less heat or you all really, really want to dunk me instead of getting a second chance. I guess maybe me retiring out makes poo poo worse for town with a potential SK around? Let me know what you think.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

I meant in that post, but way to miss context I guess. (or maybe my post was lovely)

It is good to know that you think I am purposefully looking scummy I guess.

Yeah I kinda forgot I wanted to reread you and my read of pmom was pretty null. I felt my other posts were better made in the time I have.

Your unease about voting me is because I'm not as scummy as you think. In order to keep the day productive I'm probably just going to retire if I get a fourth vote so as to increase our chances of actually hitting scum - deadline hits right as I leave work and I probably won't get much good posting in before then. You can expect that around 530-630 EST or so unless I get less heat or you all really, really want to dunk me instead of getting a second chance. I guess maybe me retiring out makes poo poo worse for town with a potential SK around? Let me know what you think.

So knowing that I did vote him during the that time frame, you still case me on the fact that I forgot to add my vote to his individual post? I can see how you might jump on that, but it still seems weak as my conviction their should be clear.

Also you're twisting my words, I think you are purposefully trying to case and defend yourself as anyone would, but your counter cases do not seem genuine which in turn feels scummy. I don't get your point in calling that statement out.

In order to keep the day productive, you're going to retire if you get a fourth vote!? This seems ridiculous and not at all like a town move.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's the 69th post in which you spend a lot of effort dissuading people from looking at you as scum when you aren't even a vote leader. Your vote was also a piggyback. I don't think anyone other than GG should be hanged today.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

If you don't get how me giving town a second chance to dunk a hater is even slightly or conceivably pro-town I am not sure what to say.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That's the 69th post in which you spend a lot of effort dissuading people from looking at you as scum when you aren't even a vote leader. Your vote was also a piggyback. I don't think anyone other than GG should be hanged today.

I was communicating with E+

Do whatever you want, I'm losing energy over this idiocy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

If you don't get how me giving town a second chance to dunk a hater is even slightly or conceivably pro-town I am not sure what to say.

let's not abuse the retire mechanic to give town extra dunks and break the game, mmkay?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Do you think it breaks the game in favor of town or scum? Moreover, would Taste add a broken mechanic into a game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Giving town extra dunks, especially with immediate flips, is pro-town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you know i'm not getting drawn into setup chat, let's just not do it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ok actually I spoke to Taste, it's actually intended so we can do it.

Let's set up a parallel voting system and agree to retire when one of us reaches a majority of votes on it. I'd like everyone to confirm they're on board.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Note that doing this means that we get to play the rest of the game without a night phase, effectively, except for when we catch a scum and they refuse to retire. It's all upside.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

Note that doing this means that we get to play the rest of the game without a night phase, effectively, except for when we catch a scum and they refuse to retire. It's all upside.

Aren't there still deadlines that would trigger the end of the day? I'm for whatever works to get the scum here, but I don't see how this would become nightless.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

Also town cannot retire indefinitely, it'll work a few times, but if we don't start pinning scum we'll be outnumbered and push us significantly closer to their victory.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Something about this doesn't seem right. You spoke about this with Taste out of thread?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Aren't there still deadlines that would trigger the end of the day? I'm for whatever works to get the scum here, but I don't see how this would become nightless.

Yeah, we'd have the end of day triggers, but we can do two or three informal days per real game day.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Also town cannot retire indefinitely, it'll work a few times, but if we don't start pinning scum we'll be outnumbered and push us significantly closer to their victory.

This is true with just following the regular game progression, except there are fewer scum night kills. This is unambiguously the right way to go.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

Something about this doesn't seem right. You spoke about this with Taste out of thread?

Yeah, he said it's fine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, we'd have the end of day triggers, but we can do two or three informal days per real game day.

This is true with just following the regular game progression, except there are fewer scum night kills. This is unambiguously the right way to go.

So we narrow down the player list by 2 or 3 in one day, nail a scum at deadline, they get a nk and thats 3-4 dead town in a single day/night phase. That doesn't seem good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Um, doesn't the day still end on schedule? All it does is gives us a lights out sort of deal if people cooperate. I don't like that you're pushing town to suicide if its conceivable they might be hanged at all.

• Locked thread