Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mindbomber posted:

So is the body armor listed in the "explosive armory completion bonus" just some free $500 kevlar or is it some cool looking battle armor clothing?

Mine was just the normal $500 kevlar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Thanks to the goon that did that i wish i could give you some karma points or whatever they are called but idk how to do that

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Homework used as an analogy for grinding and then used as a lol ur a poor statement. loving lol this thread

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Zigmidge posted:

Homework used as an analogy for grinding and then used as a lol ur a poor statement. loving lol this thread

He had a mental breakdown

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I want the offroad guy to review the Canis Kalahari

I have one if you need a review unit and are on PS4

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

He should also do a review of the BF Injection, I love that little rustbucket.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
canis kalahari review: its good
make: french
model: heh

GOOD QUALITIES

BF Injection and serious Kalahari review will come

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 15, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

canis kalahari review: its good
make: french
model: heh

GOOD QUALITIES

Accurate in every way.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Hopefully this link works. Just created my first race, a point to point offroad run all around Blaine County. I left most of the car classes enabled in case anyone wants to do a super goofy gimmick race with Zentornos on dirt roads or whatever, but motorcycles and Utility are disabled because it's really not a good track for them :v:

http://rsg.ms/fe5c7a2

It took about 8 minutes to do in a stock BF Injection when I tested it, so i'd advise against trying to trade wins on it. Recommend using Off Road or Muscle as the car class, and for maximum amounts of fun try setting the weather to rain. Anyways, let me know what you guys think :v:

I played this a couple times tonight and it was fun! Once in an Insurgent and once in a Stirling GT, which was a blast.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

As long as 1 person in the Corn Gang has a Valkyrie...

I have a Valk now.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Picked the game up the other day and downloadeded the 60gb over a day or two. Discovered the sale wasn't so much a sale but whatever, been wanting to pick it up anyway.

Spent an hour or two obsessively messing with settings until I got nice FPS/Graphics and played SP for a while. Everything was rock solid. Having a good time.

Then I decide to check out online. Randomly generate some lady, spend 5 minutes playing dress up and check it out. Crash to desktop during the extended introduction cutscene with Lamar. drat. Try it out again, get through it, complete the race, start the next quest and crashed again. Keep getting frequent crashes when playing online. Does anyone know anything about that?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Eyud posted:

I played this a couple times tonight and it was fun! Once in an Insurgent and once in a Stirling GT, which was a blast.

Haha, thanks! I was testing it earlier with a few friends, they pointed out one or two small tweaks I need to make, mostly just placing some hay bales and maybe one extra checkpoint so the route is a bit more clear towards the end. One of them also suggested a version that's just a fast loop around Mount Josiah using the road that runs along Lago Zancudo and the one that runs along the south bank of Cassidy Creek, so I might make a somewhat shorter circuit version of it this afternoon after work :v:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

are hackers the only people playing this anymore lmao i don't care if people are just goofing off and having fun but it feels like every server i spawn in is just pure chaos

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I know I'm late to the Scyron rage fest, but I felt it worth mentioning that the mod thread is for GTA V. It would be quite inappropriate to talk about GTA Online, a completely separate game in a thread about GTA V. In other news I think I can finally start playing this game again after Ark starts to release its rock-hard grip on me.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 15, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

GTA Online, a completely separate game

its the multiplayer component of gta5 that takes place in the same city with the same vehicles, the same weapons and the same characters, how does it qualify as a separate game

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I know I'm late to the Scyron rage fest, but I felt it worth mentioning that the mod thread is for GTA V. It would be quite inappropriate to talk about GTA Online, a completely separate game in a thread about GTA V. In other news I think I can finally start playing this game again after Ark starts to release its rock-hard grip on me.

That thread doesn't prohibit GTA:O modding in anyway, just discourages it in the OP. But it isn't even being used for GTAV modding talk, it hasn't been updated in 2 weeks.

While I'd rather there be no modding talk in this thread, it seems to be limited to theguybro being the only serious modder at the moment and his posts are at least informative and ive a bit of insight to how the game is programmed for the rest of us.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

did we ever get a timeline for the second part of the ill gotten gains update or is this like some mel brooks history of the world part i poo poo? I want to buy fancy cars but I can't spend the money if there are other things on the horizon

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Jonesy posted:

I can't spend the money if there are other things on the horizon

...I know a guy...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

geeves posted:

That thread doesn't prohibit GTA:O modding in anyway, just discourages it in the OP. But it isn't even being used for GTAV modding talk, it hasn't been updated in 2 weeks.

Yeah, my fault, I'm in the middle of exams and haven't kept up at all. It would be a great help if people would link all the cool mods they've discovered in that thread, so I can update the OP (sometime next week, probably).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

are hackers the only people playing this anymore lmao i don't care if people are just goofing off and having fun but it feels like every server i spawn in is just pure chaos

Before GTA completely broke down on me, I got into an online game where I spent the five minutes before I logged off exploding constantly for no reason.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

It's tough to distinguish who the hackers are now.

It's not a car changing colors as it hauls down the road, or a lvl 22 running around with a minigun, you can't tell.

I'm finding they usually try to fish you into attacking, and then start shutting your vehicle down, pull you out and shoot you in what would be the exit animation.

Once you engage from then on you might as well find another server, because you are playing the game as intended and you will pay because you are having fun.

Lately I've been loving the gently caress out of blowing up Osiris vehicles. I usually get the "hope you like paying the 24k" comment. Then I hustle to the insurance lot, and rocket their newly insured vehicle. They don't know that I was forced (yes forced in a 30 minute money lock) to absorb somewhere around $50mil and can blow their car up roughly 2,000 times.

This same logic has made Kurumas null in my world. Kuruma rolls up slow, I let them fire first, hop out, pop a rocket, and hope they spawn near my acceleration path.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I was playing a little last night and someone made everyone on the server explode and then was typing in all chat about how he didn't mean to do that. It happened a few more times before someone else got so annoyed that he turned his hacks on and started doing it to that guy (and everyone else too)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hagie posted:

car changing colors as it hauls down the road.

This sounds amazing.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

hagie posted:

They don't know that I was forced (yes forced in a 30 minute money lock) to absorb somewhere around $50mil and can blow their car up roughly 2,000 times.

I don't know if I ever thanked you for that experience.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

That was a legitimate curse.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

hagie posted:

Lately I've been loving the gently caress out of blowing up Osiris vehicles. I usually get the "hope you like paying the 24k" comment. Then I hustle to the insurance lot, and rocket their newly insured vehicle. They don't know that I was forced (yes forced in a 30 minute money lock) to absorb somewhere around $50mil and can blow their car up roughly 2,000 times.

I think you were asking for it, and if you wanted it to stop you coulda alt-F4ed.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

To my recollection I have never actually asked for any money in game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, my fault, I'm in the middle of exams and haven't kept up at all. It would be a great help if people would link all the cool mods they've discovered in that thread, so I can update the OP (sometime next week, probably).

It's because most of the mods suck or aren't being maintained when they break in half during every update. Now they trickle out at speeds so slow that I stopped checking up on them. I used to be able to check every day and find something brand new to gently caress with

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
If any one is curious about my previous crashing problems with GTA Online. seems to be an issue with fraps. SP works fine oddly enough but leaving fraps on causes random crashes for GTAO.

Weird, but seemingly solved.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Haha, thanks! I was testing it earlier with a few friends, they pointed out one or two small tweaks I need to make, mostly just placing some hay bales and maybe one extra checkpoint so the route is a bit more clear towards the end. One of them also suggested a version that's just a fast loop around Mount Josiah using the road that runs along Lago Zancudo and the one that runs along the south bank of Cassidy Creek, so I might make a somewhat shorter circuit version of it this afternoon after work :v:

That'd be cool. Link it if you do and I'll check it out.

Any other goon-made races? Mud & Muscle was another fun one I've played recently.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The best way to deal with Osiri' is to abuse the bounty system. Roll up someone, say to yourself "oh they have an Osiris", throw a sticky on it and drive away. Call Lester, put the smallest bounty on them then mash G when they show up on the map with a red skull.

Or, I guess just have tons of hacked money and don't give a poo poo.

Also I'm trying to make a super dope fresh dirt bike obstacle course, but there's a lot of difficulty forcing the drivers to stay on the track. I may have to make it all take place on barges, but then I may struggle reaching the minimum length requirement.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

The best way to deal with Osiri' is to abuse the bounty system. Roll up someone, say to yourself "oh they have an Osiris", throw a sticky on it and drive away. Call Lester, put the smallest bounty on them then mash G when they show up on the map with a red skull.

Or, I guess just have tons of hacked money and don't give a poo poo.

Also I'm trying to make a super dope fresh dirt bike obstacle course, but there's a lot of difficulty forcing the drivers to stay on the track. I may have to make it all take place on barges, but then I may struggle reaching the minimum length requirement.

If you want a tight, urban one for inspiration, here is one I made on PS3. I've been meaning to update it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Been a while, GTAO Thread! Found this is my capture list:

Big Wangs Doin' Big Thangs Season 2: I have no idea who this black guy is

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Vapid Guardian is pretty agile for a bigass truck.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Ruh roh. PC mostly I assume, though twice yesterday on PS4 I ran into players that were invincible.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52451/update-targeting-cheaters-in-gta-online

quote:

As part of our ongoing commitment to combat cheating and griefing, we have recently implemented new systems to allow us to more efficiently detect and target any players found running mods and cheat programs within GTA Online. As a reminder, any attempt to tamper with the behavior of GTA Online by installing or executing mods, scripts, or other exploits, modifying the game files or manipulating the game in any way while it is executing will result in disciplinary action including but not limited to time in the cheater pool, bans and potential suspension of your account. Please help maintain the integrity of the GTA Online experience by keeping sessions free of modifications and exploits.

Thank you to members of the GTA Online community who have been doing their part by reporting cheaters to the Banhammer address with helpful information. For details, please see: How to Report Cheaters in Grand Theft Auto Online at the Rockstar Support site.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

I aint scurred.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Hackers will have the durability of their cars reduced to GTA III level, and they will immediately catch fire if overturned.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I assume that you need a special PS4 to do this modding/hacking business? how do all these dumbass kids have one?

cka
May 3, 2004
did one of the recent updates finally fix that dumb name poo poo with the phone invites? I noticed that I had a bunch of invites from different randoms instead of one singular name this morning when I was checking then promptly ignoring my daily challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

cka posted:

did one of the recent updates finally fix that dumb name poo poo with the phone invites? I noticed that I had a bunch of invites from different randoms instead of one singular name this morning when I was checking then promptly ignoring my daily challenges

Yes. Fixed.

• Locked thread