Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
It generates more content per day, which is good. You end up with the same number of dead town. It does limit night actions, including the serial killer's, but our doc and cop are dead, so we'd lose on... roleblocking a NK or the SK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

It generates more content per day, which is good. You end up with the same number of dead town. It does limit night actions, including the serial killer's, but our doc and cop are dead, so we'd lose on... roleblocking a NK or the SK?

How do we end up with the same number of dead town if we get 2 or 3 people to retire before the day ends? Say we mislynch at the end of the day that's another town casualty. We will essentially turbo a scum or SK victory with this strategy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

How do we end up with the same number of dead town if we get 2 or 3 people to retire before the day ends? Say we mislynch at the end of the day that's another town casualty. We will essentially turbo a scum or SK victory with this strategy.

what do you think is better

town dunk
scum nk
town dunk
scum nk
town dunk

or

town dunk
town dunk
town dunk

counting to five isn't hard.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Retiring doesn't eliminate nights you goofclown.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your whole thing is predicated on people being active enough to utilize lights out. I'm the second most active poster ITT and I spend maybe 20 minutes on this thread a day with 0 minutes spent yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It makes them less frequent! We want less frequent night because we're down at least one townie, guaranteed, every night.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Your whole thing is predicated on people being active enough to utilize lights out. I'm the second most active poster ITT and I spend maybe 20 minutes on this thread a day with 0 minutes spent yesterday.

Yeah, it is.

Do you pledge to retire if you get a majority of alternavotes, Diq?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not interested in the idea unless people get more active. I don't think it helps - time is important for analysis and this might reduce the number of nights but at the expense of time and activity which are huge in finding scum. Flips are only part of the puzzle.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This exactly!

Scum will still get NKs and we'll just have suicided ourselves. I don't see how you don't see this P Mom, besides we are already down 4 players, none of which are scum.

E+ retires, down 5.

We mislynch, down 6.

NK down 7 (Possible SK down 8.)

That leaves 2-3 scum and an SK in a thirteen player game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if everyone was posting consistently and constantly it would be an okay idea but given what we're dealing with it's bad

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This exactly!

Scum will still get NKs and we'll just have suicided ourselves. I don't see how you don't see this P Mom, besides we are already down 4 players, none of which are scum.

E+ retires, down 5.

We mislynch, down 6.

NK down 7 (Possible SK down 8.)

That leaves 2-3 scum and an SK in a thirteen player game.

I think you need to consider that you don't know how to count.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ok actually I spoke to Taste, it's actually intended so we can do it.

Let's set up a parallel voting system and agree to retire when one of us reaches a majority of votes on it. I'd like everyone to confirm they're on board.

can TT confirm that this conversation happened

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

can TT confirm that this conversation happened

The "Message" button is right there, you can ask him yourself. I think mod-confirming a private conversation with a player would be in bad taste.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think you need to consider that you don't know how to count.

13 player game - 4 dead town.

9 living.

E+ gets another vote, retires, day continues. 8 living. 5 dead town(if he's not making a gambit as scum).

Deadline comes, we may or may not lynch scum. Let's assume we mislynch. 6 dead town.

Night comes, scum kill. Potential SK kill

7 and 8 dead town total.

We could potentially start tomorrow with 5 players. Likely 2 town, 2 scum and 1 SK. or 3 town(1 vig who wasted a shot) and 2 scum. or 2 town and 3 scum. Either way, we could kill ourselves today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't like this plan at all.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

The "Message" button is right there, you can ask him yourself. I think mod-confirming a private conversation with a player would be in bad taste.

then why did you even bring it up

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

then why did you even bring it up

I didn't like the idea when I thought it would be abusing a mechanic. Breaking a game in the way it isn't intended is rude to the mod. Taste is fine with it, so it's not rude

It Is Better For Town To Be In Control Of Deaths Than For Scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

It makes them less frequent! We want less frequent night because we're down at least one townie, guaranteed, every night.

nothing is guaranteed, unless you know something we don't

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom to mafia thread: How very much I've tried my best to give you a good life. But in spite of all of my trying a handful of our people, with their lies, have made our lives impossible. There's no way to detach ourselves from what's happened today.

Not only are we in a compound situation, not only are there those who have left and committed the betrayal of the century, some have stolen children from others, and they are in pursuit right now to kill them because they stole their children. And we are sitting here waiting on a powder keg.

Me: You done hosed up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Pinterest Mom

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom to mafia thread: How very much I've tried my best to give you a good life. But in spite of all of my trying a handful of our people, with their lies, have made our lives impossible. There's no way to detach ourselves from what's happened today.

Not only are we in a compound situation, not only are there those who have left and committed the betrayal of the century, some have stolen children from others, and they are in pursuit right now to kill them because they stole their children. And we are sitting here waiting on a powder keg.

Me: You done hosed up.

wh

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

It Is Better For Town To Be In Control Of Deaths Than For Scum.

There is no such thing as control.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Wait wait. I wanna see where he's going with this.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Does anyone else think it's at all strange that Hurt spends all D1 trying to pull for PMach not to get lunched, then does a one-eighty to be -1 with minimal explanation? Or is that just me.

"thanks for killing our cop" what the gently caress is this?

I pulled a 180 because it's better to have a flip than no-lynch. Especially since we had already passed technical deadline. I had already said I would reluctantly turn on the Mach.

Also if they cared about being a cop they would have posted D1.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Extra dunks for town is good, undeniably. I feel like GG is arguing the same as some people do for a no-lynch D1, that it's better to have a chance of killing scum than for it to be out of town hands.

That being said, it would make this game kind of a shitshow. It feels similar to trying to get someone to hammer a lunchbomb, but actually exploitative to the format instead of a reasonable extrapolation of the layout of the game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

Also if they cared about being a cop they would have posted D1.

this isn't necessarily true

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I don't like this plan at all.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

##vote Pinterest Mom

So is PMom scum because you don't like this plan?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Captain Foo posted:

Mmm, cop is an exciting role. A good cop wins games. If I had any interest in the game and I wad a cop, I'd be more involved than normal.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Epsilon Plus posted:

Mmm, cop is an exciting role. A good cop wins games. If I had any interest in the game and I wad a cop, I'd be more involved than normal.

so what

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this line of discussion doesn't have anything to do with anything germane to scumhunting right now anyway, stop being distracting

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

sew buttons

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

sew buttons

to a cow's rear end and it can't poo poo right

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Agreed. She lurks d1 a lot and it's not a bad play necessarily to lay low as a cop d1 to ensure you live to d2. Not what I would do, but it's a thought.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

So is PMom scum because you don't like this plan?

I think the plan at this point in the game is anti-town given that 4 members of town have flipped.

1 lynch, 2 kills, 1 retire. The plan hinges on us running a parallel vote system where town would volunteer to retire, but we could lose tonight if E+ retired, flipped town. We lynch a town. Scum/SK get 2 kills at night.

Even if we don't mislynch, that's most likely 3 dead town by the start of next day.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You need to understand that you are unambiguously 100% dead wrong about that :shrug:

Say you accept that, why am I scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
gently caress it let's do it your way.

Someone put a vote on E+ see if he retires.

If he doesn't I will so we can secure this town victory that's definitely going to happen with this plan.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

gently caress it let's do it your way.

Someone put a vote on E+ see if he retires.

If he doesn't I will so we can secure this town victory that's definitely going to happen with this plan.

he said he'd retire if he hit four votes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this plan only loving works if TT is watching the thread like a hawk anyway, which we don't know

pinmom your plan is maybe good if we assume a spherical mafia game with no air resistance

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

this plan only loving works if TT is watching the thread like a hawk anyway, which we don't know

pinmom your plan is maybe good if we assume a spherical mafia game with no air resistance

I didn't realize he had lost a vote. I still think this plan if enacted will lead to our defeat but I'll go with whatever we collectively decide and will gladly retire if it somehow helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I didn't realize he had lost a vote. I still think this plan if enacted will lead to our defeat but I'll go with whatever we collectively decide and will gladly retire if it somehow helps.

you're the only person that's unvoted him :confused:

• Locked thread