Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Some monsters can mimic human voices. The most common of them are Mi-gos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Mi-Go like to imitate human voices. Watch out for space crabs!

I went near a portal and got stared at by some flaming eyes. Now I'm haunted as gently caress and crazy poo poo keeps happening, including more eyes randomly spawning and staring at me :gonk:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The vehicle building is much improved, I'm having a blast rolling around with a motor home APC.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Where can I find/build quality lenses?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Where else? Scavenging from broken cambots!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hmmm. I never did update my game even though the vehicle modules mod started giving me some errors. I can't see the turbolaser cannon on the mountables list for my ambulance. I wonder if the mod is having issues or I need to strip out the roof or something?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Artificer posted:

Disassemble stuff. Cameras / camera pros are good, so are binoculars. Snag any security cameras you see on street sweepers etc, pretty sure they give a bunch.

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
Speaking of cameras, is there any point right now to building up a monster log? Whenever I check it on my tablet it just gives the description you'd see when you look at it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hmm. I must just be doing something wrong then.

Edit: Yeah I haven't the faintest clue why my mountable turbolaser doesn't appear to be mountable.

Edit: Needed a turret mount. My ambulance now has a laser cannon on top! :)

Artificer fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 15, 2015

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So is there any way to siphon gasoline without a cash card/at a non-automated station that says "out of order"? It seems like every world I load up, I find cars with enough fuel to get to a gas station, only to drop to my knees and weep because all the guzzline is out of my reach.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Artificer posted:

Military Outposts sometimes have searchlight turrets. Kill them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Solid Poopsnake posted:

So is there any way to siphon gasoline without a cash card/at a non-automated station that says "out of order"? It seems like every world I load up, I find cars with enough fuel to get to a gas station, only to drop to my knees and weep because all the guzzline is out of my reach.

"Out-of-order" means that pump is empty, move on to the next one. It'll usually take several pumps to fill a jerry can, but most stations have at least half a dozen so you can still get a fair bit of fuel.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Solid Poopsnake posted:

It seems most gas stations are fairly well drained these days. You'll probably have better luck smashing a fridge for a rubber hose, grabbing a container and siphoning from cars.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

girth brooks part 2 posted:

It seems most gas stations are fairly well drained these days. You'll probably have better luck smashing a fridge for a rubber hose, grabbing a container and siphoning from cars.

Oh drat, I didn't realize I could do that. Thanks.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
So uh I was switching out my trench knife for this new hunting knife I found and I press the wrong key, resulting in these options.

http://i.imgur.com/AMlWpdg.png

I'm keeping it a direct link so as to avoid spoilers, but yeah. Can anyone explain? :stare:

Also, is there a way to disassemble something on the ground? Like say a policebot. I can't carry it cause then it'd cause me to go overweight and I just shot myself up to 100 pain trying to disassemble it.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 16, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You don't have to really armor every frame ever on your vehicle right? Just the ones on borders and the outside?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Blackray Jack posted:

So uh I was switching out my trench knife for this new hunting knife I found and I press the wrong key, resulting in these options.

I'm keeping it a direct link so as to avoid spoilers, but yeah. Can anyone explain? :stare:

Also, is there a way to disassemble something on the ground? Like say a policebot. I can't carry it cause then it'd cause me to go overweight and I just shot myself up to 100 pain trying to disassemble it.

If you have the necromancy mod on you can use some bullshit and a knife to reanimate dead zombies as good zombies I think??

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Blackray Jack posted:

I saw this a while ago and looked it up, I've not actually tried it. You carve up the zombie so it can't attack, then when it revives it'll be 'friendly' and you can put a backpack on it to have it carry stuff for you. You take a massive morale hit, and it's got a chance to not work, with the zombie either being dead permanently, or still being hostile.

They might still be really slow too, it really doesn't seem useful.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ro5s posted:

I saw this a while ago and looked it up, I've not actually tried it. You carve up the zombie so it can't attack, then when it revives it'll be 'friendly' and you can put a backpack on it to have it carry stuff for you. You take a massive morale hit, and it's got a chance to not work, with the zombie either being dead permanently, or still being hostile.

They might still be really slow too, it really doesn't seem useful.

that's both hosed up and kinda useful sounding.

weren't dudes in this thread using humans for the exact same purpose? :v:

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 16, 2015

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Oh drat, I didn't realize I could do that. Thanks.

Forgot to mention it, but just in case: you examine the vehicle then move the cursor over whatever block the gas tank is located to get the option to siphon from it. If a vehicle has multiple tanks then you'll have to siphon from them each individually.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Artificer posted:

You don't have to really armor every frame ever on your vehicle right? Just the ones on borders and the outside?

And related to this, does anyone know if steel plating/spike plating is sufficient for? I want to know what I can run over/hit/explode without suffering severe damage. I can't find stats on the defenses of the various plating types and what they can protect against effectively.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Blackray Jack posted:

Have you ever watched the Walking Dead? You know the girl with the katanas and how she has 2 of her friends or brothers or whatever following her on a leash with their arms cut and bottom jaws sliced off? Yeah

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Blackray Jack posted:

Stand over it and press B. If you can disassemble or butcher something you'll get the option do do that, otherwise you'll cut it up with a knife.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wales Grey posted:

e: A hastily slapped together firing range with a single turret and a guy with 12s in all stats and 10s in all skills with uncanny dodge active got lit up and died in a three barrages of gunfire. A second guy died the same way as the first, even using zui quan's "punch a dude get all the dodges" bonus.

The info for the CBM indicates that it generally works better for melee attacks so your guys very likely died because you set up some 9mm SMG turrets instead of something weaker and which fires slower projectiles like a pipe rifle or crossbow turret (don't know if these actually exist, but you should get the idea). That said since you can just learn all the dodging you would ever need anyway with enough padding, there's not much point to even the melee benefits outside finding it before you have the time and resources to grind dodging.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tyskil posted:

Speaking of cameras, is there any point right now to building up a monster log? Whenever I check it on my tablet it just gives the description you'd see when you look at it.

Gotta catch em all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the heck happened to this game. I keep spawning in the middle of a giant mob of enemies. I even turned on the whole spawn in the forest mode and I'm still right next to a bunch of poo poo like mi-gos that chase you down and one-shot you.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Stand over it and press B. If you can disassemble or butcher something you'll get the option do do that, otherwise you'll cut it up with a knife.

It doesn't work for everything

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

What the heck happened to this game. I keep spawning in the middle of a giant mob of enemies. I even turned on the whole spawn in the forest mode and I'm still right next to a bunch of poo poo like mi-gos that chase you down and one-shot you.

Uhhh are you sure you haven't done something ridiculous like turn surrounded start or wander spawns on? Check your world options next game with ?2 and selecting Current World with >.

e: either that, or some jerk set the default for those to on in the latest experimental. Try the stable version instead if you're on the very latest experimental.

e2: for reference, the first one is designed to do exactly what you're describing aka spawn you in the middle of a giant mob of enemies and the second turns on wandering hordes of zombies which combined with bad luck could mean hordes are spawned on your spawn point for whatever reason.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 16, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I've stapled a welder to my electric car and it's not charging up. I do not understand.

On the other hand, I don't really need my car right now, because my current main objective is to find the recipe for purifier so I can get rid of my carnivore mutation. (And ideally enough mutagen to cross the lizard threshold.)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Crossing thresholds requires injected serums, actually - if you're having lizard dreams, you probably only need one or two doses of lizard serum to lose your humanity.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I got looked at by eyes too much and now I'm Smelly and nobody likes me anymore :(

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
If you'd rather save serum until you're ready to cross the threshold you'll want to be sure you've reached the third level mutation dreams. You can dig through these to find the dream for the appropriate level and mutant category.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
So I screwed up a computer hack and now a section of a lab is locked off to me. What's the best way to get around the wall? I'm not sure what sort of tool or explosive is going to break through the lab wall without causing a giant lethal cave-in or something. I have about a million chemicals to craft with and a cooking skill of 10 so feel free to suggest difficult to make things.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mzbundifund posted:

So I screwed up a computer hack and now a section of a lab is locked off to me. What's the best way to get around the wall? I'm not sure what sort of tool or explosive is going to break through the lab wall without causing a giant lethal cave-in or something. I have about a million chemicals to craft with and a cooking skill of 10 so feel free to suggest difficult to make things.

Well you can make a bomb out of a matchbook if it still has all 20 matches, or you can make a Homewrecker out of steel chunks, a stick, and shitloads of string.

Or try looting a Public Works for a sledgehammer or jackhammer or something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If it's just a metal/steel door, use an Acetelyne torch. I mostly tried hacking the computers to raise my computer skill than trying to get into places in the lab. Although I certainly appreciated the charges successful hacks got me.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Anyone have any ideas on where I can find a minifridge recipe? Or find a minifridge? That's like the last thing on my list to finish the modules on my ambulance.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Never found a recipe for it, but you can find minifridges in RVs, sometimes.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hot Dog/Food Vendor carts have them. Large Garage+Gas Stations might have them as well, but RV's are probably your best source.

Found a Small Warehouse today practically filled with crates. They were all empty but the flatbed truck inside was in serviceable condition. More cargo carriers for my cargo carrying needs!

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 16, 2015

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Also FYI the minifridge can't be crafted, only found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Also FYI the minifridge can't be crafted, only found.

Oooohhh. Well I'm going to go look through the restaurants in this town then. Maybe I will get lucky?

Anyways I am running quickly out of materials to cover my car in steel spike plating. Hopefully just the front/hood and the back/rear wheels portion armors are enough. The midsection is going to have to wait until I find a large supply of steel lumps and scrap metal.

Like this metal wreckage I found earlier. Hmmmm. I cant wait to test this car in combat. Steel plates feel like they should be pretty steady things. I cant find any military plating and it will take an eternity to get enough steel for hard plating for the front and rear, much less the entire outside of my car.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 16, 2015