Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is 2 days and 11 hours and somber is already doing the "If i am wrong" thing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Jumping the gun here aren't we?

No, I'm very sure you're going to flip scum.

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah, I'm just , you know, actually trying to play the game. Thats why I'm limiting myself to just one game at a time now. I want to focus and see if I can not be a shitposter/mystery to all.

Basically my reasoning is that I thought it was bad of Chili to continue to vote Taste because of his no lynch thing, so I voted to put some pressure on.

Capps jumped onto that vote without explaining it and I thought that was scummier so I voted him.

it was a joke.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Capp's posts may be jokes but past a certain point jokes with votes need to be taken seriously.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

There is 2 days and 11 hours and somber is already doing the "If i am wrong" thing lol

2 days and 11 hours and you're already trying to work yourself out of a corner.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Winged Orpheus posted:

Capp's posts may be jokes but past a certain point jokes with votes need to be taken seriously.

please zen master, share more of your wisdom

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Winged Orpheus posted:

you think that point is more than two days out from the day one deadline?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

2 days and 11 hours and you're already trying to work yourself out of a corner.

yes classic working my way out of a corner here, commenting on the game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*steps out of the corner*
i have escaped... my life is saved

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is 2 days and 11 hours left and somber is already a. giving me the "its over for you" style speeches b. trying to shut down any real interaction between me and them with the "corner talk" and the "i'll look at them when you are dead" chat

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

it was a joke.

What was a joke? Capps or you saying my post was weird/bad?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Journey into Dimension Y, Pt. I

quote:

The rift closed with the dissolution of the monstrosity, leaving only Williams' severed legs behind. The scope was also destroyed, and while that was probably for the best, something else crossed over when the rift opened.

Panicked guests outside of yourselves try to exit back through the entrance only to find themselves in some sort of terrible loop. The door opens up to about where the rift was and then they are back in the laboratory.

They spread through out the estate in search of exits while you waited in the lab. The house goes silent as if they were never there at all.

The addition you saw when you first arrived was connected to this lab. Although the others probably met horrible fates, surely you all wouldn't if you kept your numbers and stuck together.

Alternatively, at the rear of the lab behind the destroyed scope is a trap door that leads into a crawlspace. You can feel air flowing through the passage, but it's narrow big enough for one person.

Choose:
A. All of you exit west from the laboratory into the estate.
B. ##nominate someone to investigate the crawlspace first.

If you'd prefer option B you can just nominate a player or yourself. Majority or 6 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're going to soft-pedal away this dunk with sarcasm and dismiss anything you can out of hand under the pretense of Mafia Authority, which never really works for you. then you'll transition into actual casework near the end of the day and focus on one or two players making bad points against you, trying to undermine the vote more than actually get scum dunked, because you are scum.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm on one hand chili kinda disappeared and I want to keep my vote there to give em incentive to come back around and talk but on the other hand Somber is acting like... "this"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I think we're barking up the wrong tree with capps here. One of his points against me was pretty good, actually.

mr.capps posted:

He wants you guys to lead the way, but is pushing towards a certain direction with the subtlety of a very unsubtle person

This one here, about this statement of mine "Granted he was scum then, but who knows what any of that means." Is a bit wishy washy and throwing up the "I'm confused" banner.

I'll attribute my weak posting to being somewhat out of the loop but if I saw someone make that post, I'd call them out on it.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Not necessarily, but i don't like it when someone jokevotes someone then continues to push that person as being scum in later posts that are not inherently jokes.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

Hmm on one hand chili kinda disappeared and I want to keep my vote there to give em incentive to come back around and talk but on the other hand Somber is acting like... "this"

I was eating my lunch.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##Nominate myself clearly an archaeologist is best suited for exploring dark tunnels.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

you're going to soft-pedal away this dunk with sarcasm and dismiss anything you can out of hand under the pretense of Mafia Authority, which never really works for you. then you'll transition into actual casework near the end of the day and focus on one or two players making bad points against you, trying to undermine the vote more than actually get scum dunked, because you are scum.

i never do actual casework who are you kidding ##vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm acting like 'it's over' because i'm very convinced i am right.

i'll nominate whomever for this.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Somber is looking really good. He is also not a good choice for today.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I am inclined to nominate the plot meat archaeologist as well. I'll hold off for a bit though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

i'm acting like 'it's over' because i'm very convinced i am right.

i'll nominate whomever for this.

Currently somber reads like he is playing into his "persona" and is leaning into it so they can get away with this vote

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like somber is saying "I am convinced I am right" and less "I am right"

I don't mean literally but that is the message I am getting

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Currently somber reads like he is playing into his "persona" and is leaning into it so they can get away with this vote

Capps you are the one playing into your persona! Do you have a 3DS to sell this game?

I should probably stop feeding you lines.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What is my Mafia persona anyway?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##nominate taste, I'm a simple goon with little value if things go south

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

Capps you are the one playing into your persona! Do you have a 3DS to sell this game?

I should probably stop feeding you lines.

i am sorry to say somber that this unlikable personality is my own

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Nominate me, a hobo you can trust! ##nominate punt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##nominate taste, I'm a simple goon with little value if things go south

i will say that i think taste is town but i trust him least as a person in this situation.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

i am sorry to say somber that this unlikable personality is my own

if you were unlikable it would be far easier to get you dunked.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Nominate me, a hobo you can trust! ##nominate punt

Oh, hi there. Nice of you to show up just in time for an in game event.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

if you were unlikable it would be far easier to get you dunked.

i know i was fishing for compliments :3:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Holy crap - this game has gotten crazy.

First order of business with the joke vote phase over I'm gonna
##Unvote

Secondly: Chilli: I realize I'm late with this advice but the first game back with TT's Nolynch day one I also tried saying it was anti-town and IIRC I got dunked for pushing it. Apparently it's OK for TT to do this - though I think his attempt at 2 nolynches is new.

Mr. Capps: I can see why people are saying it's suspicious for you to try and start a bandwagon on Chilli - it's pretty early and even if you meant it as a joke it can look suspicious long-term.

Somber: I really don't like you acting like there is a certain lynch on the field this early. Capps' ain't wrong when he said you were actively trying to shut down conversation and make valid points look less valid and it's really early for that kinda play.

Event: I have no horse in this race - I can go if people want or we can send whomever - but have we thought that perhaps we should pick option "A" and just leave? From the Lovecraft I've read investigation usually equals madness or death - but again I'm willing to go along with town consensus on this.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Kleedrac posted:

Event: I have no horse in this race - I can go if people want or we can send whomever - but have we thought that perhaps we should pick option "A" and just leave? From the Lovecraft I've read investigation usually equals madness or death - but again I'm willing to go along with town consensus on this.

No. I mean, it would show tremendous restraint, and I'll bet we'd be the one game out of 100 that took the easy option, but it wouldn't be any fun.

Someone's going in the hole.

Also: boy is that whole post of yours scummy, Kleedrac. Talked a whole lot, said basically nothing.

##vote Kleedrac

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im going to be gone watching nintendo

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Also, I'm in and out of meetings for the rest of the day, so don't go thinking I'm disappearing capps.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i dont get why everyone suddenly thinks cappsis scum. he is saying true facts about chilli's scummy posts.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##nominate imagayadavida

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NOMINATE ME PLEASE!
##nominate imgay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I may be 3rd party JarJar Binks aligned, but I'm playing for a town victory.

• Locked thread