Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

John Quixote posted:

I'll just have to throw everything into a .zip and distribute it to the players.

I guess now would be a good time for you to learn to use the technic launcher to host your own modpack configs and installation.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

I guess now would be a good time for you to learn to use the technic launcher to host your own modpack configs and installation.

Listen to this guy. I was doing the same thing to distribute packs to my friends, and it turned out to be like five, ten minute's work to put it on Technic. Can't recommend enough.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

SugarAddict posted:

ptroll posted:

Listen to this guy. I was doing the same thing to distribute packs to my friends, and it turned out to be like five, ten minute's work to put it on Technic. Can't recommend enough.

Didn't even know this was a function available to general users. I'll get all my friends on Technic, then. Thanks!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The worst thing the FTB launcher ever did was force your modpack to get approved before it would run on it.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

The worst thing the FTB launcher ever did was force your modpack to get approved before it would run on it.

Bu bu blub butt my permissions :qq: :qq:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mzbundifund posted:

I'm pretty sure they have done legitimately far worse and shadier things in the past, haven't they?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm pretty sure they have done legitimately far worse and shadier things in the past, haven't they?

The launcher itself, no.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

So I'm super casual and just got bit by a Minecraft bug recently and pretty much rely on Technic exclusively to play cool Minecraft mods but pretty much everything I care to try except Tekkit is refusing to actually run. I'm mostly looking for a more fantasy/magic leaning pack but Hexxit and Hexxit Revisited are just opening Minecraft, hanging, and closing back down to the launcher.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

The launcher itself, no.

Aren't they in bed with Curse now? So maybe the worst is yet to come.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Patware posted:

So I'm super casual and just got bit by a Minecraft bug recently and pretty much rely on Technic exclusively to play cool Minecraft mods but pretty much everything I care to try except Tekkit is refusing to actually run. I'm mostly looking for a more fantasy/magic leaning pack but Hexxit and Hexxit Revisited are just opening Minecraft, hanging, and closing back down to the launcher.

You could try AT Launcher and the CrackPack, its pretty nice with Thaum Ars and Blood/Witchery as well as the usual tech mods.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Aren't they in bed with Curse now? So maybe the worst is yet to come.

They sold out, yeah. They're trying to get people to use Curse Voice for minecraft packs. The old FTB Launcher still works and people still make packs for it. There was talk about packs "no longer being supported" and that new packs wouldn't be available on the FTB launcher but it turned out those were lies? There are some packs only on the Curse launcher- for instance Agrarian Skies 2- but there are still updates for FTB packs and new packs being put up.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Patware posted:

Try restarting your computer.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Shukaro posted:

Try restarting your computer.

ITT Shukaro actually asks someone to turn it off and on again.

You should have some log files in the log folder. If you try to run a pack and have that problem can you share the log with us?

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Patware posted:

Make sure that you're giving the modpack sufficient RAM. I believe there's a post earlier in this thread with recommendations, which I believe were, for specific-packs (e.g. Magic) using 2G and kitchen-sink packs using 3G. As wylker mentions, check your crash-reports folder and see what's crashing, most modpacks work out of the box.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

wylker posted:

ITT Shukaro actually asks someone to turn it off and on again.

You should have some log files in the log folder. If you try to run a pack and have that problem can you share the log with us?

Please use pastebin or something for the logs, don't paste the whole thing in here.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Please use pastebin or something for the logs, don't paste the whole thing in here.

You know, there are fun-MAKERS and fun-RUINERS. Which do you want to be?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

lolmer posted:

FYI, you server owners might want to ban hellowrold (and any of his/her associates) before they do this to your server as well.

I don't think either of his friends play minecraft anymore. I know poem is doing game development.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

wylker posted:

You know, there are fun-MAKERS and fun-RUINERS. Which do you want to be?

Neither, I'm just here to watch the world burn.

Record you reading the logs with a deep manly voice, then post the recording.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dunno-Lars posted:

Neither, I'm just here to watch the world burn.

Record you reading the logs with a deep manly voice, then post the recording.

Is it OK if I also set it to Lux Aeterna or would MMMBop be preferred

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Patware posted:

Is it OK if I also set it to Lux Aeterna or would MMMBop be preferred

Ideally it would be both, simultaneously.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
So I was playing OMP sigma 2 and I found a spawner, it didn't throw live TNT or arrows like other ones, it threw FIRE... :stare:

McFrugal posted:

That sounds relatively harmless tbh.

It's not when you are in a dungeon made of flammable stuff.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 19, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

So I was playing OMP sigma 2 and I found a spawner, it didn't throw live TNT or arrows like other ones, it threw FIRE... :stare:

That sounds relatively harmless tbh.

SugarAddict posted:

It's not when you are in a dungeon made of flammable stuff.
Oh. Yes. That's bad.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 19, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In my latest single player Omp-i world I've suddenly got chunks that flat out refuse to load. Anyone know what might cause that and how I can fix it?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

In my latest single player Omp-i world I've suddenly got chunks that flat out refuse to load. Anyone know what might cause that and how I can fix it?

did you exit the world then went back into the world? because that's a vanilla thing that happens.

If that doesn't solve it, then yes you do have a problem.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SugarAddict posted:

did you exit the world then went back into the world? because that's a vanilla thing that happens.

If that doesn't solve it, then yes you do have a problem.

Yea I did that, I have a problem.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
Has anyone ever built an effective passive mob farm (i.e. no spawners, vanilla or otherwise, just a dark room) that used a Thaumcraft guard golem for the killing? Do golems prevent mobs from spawning near them, similar to players? What about golems with the visor accessory, which makes their kills drop XP?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Goncyn posted:

Has anyone ever built an effective passive mob farm (i.e. no spawners, vanilla or otherwise, just a dark room) that used a Thaumcraft guard golem for the killing? Do golems prevent mobs from spawning near them, similar to players? What about golems with the visor accessory, which makes their kills drop XP?

I think they tend to die. When I tried to use them, attrition ate them all in an hour or so. That is a while ago, things might have changed. But their regeneration didn't keep up with the incoming damage, so they would eventually die.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
But they didn't prevent the mobs from spawning? With or without visor? Did you try using the various combat accessories (armor, mace, dart launcher, fez)? What did you do about creepers?

I have so many questions.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Goncyn posted:

But they didn't prevent the mobs from spawning? With or without visor? Did you try using the various combat accessories (armor, mace, dart launcher, fez)? What did you do about creepers?

I have so many questions.

This was Thaumcraft 3, so Minecraft 1.5.2 or something. I put everything on them, some had the gun thing, some without. Can't remember anything else, no idea on creepers. Try out in creative and report back.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
In TC4, golems can be fairly durable. If you had enough of them, it might be possible to make them regen fast enough to stay alive in a mob farm. The design of the mob farm is probably the most important factor. I think it's possible to even set up a way for them to use nothing but their ranged weapon- like, leave a half-slab opening for them to fire through or something.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Extra Utilities can make very effective and completely passive mob grinders.

Cursed Earth/Vanilla Spawners
-> Conveyors -> Iron (or better) Spikes -> Item & XP collection methods.

Transfer Node (Items) fitted with multiple World Interaction Upgrades is very good at picking up drops in an area without messing with the surrounding area like vacuum chests do.
I use an upgraded MFR Sewer to collect dropped experience orbs as mob essence. Extra Utilities also has a trash can for dumping unwanted/overflowing items so your system will not clog.
If you are playing multiplayer, do make sure your system will never clog or spill items everywhere and definitely have an off switch (probably turn on a light or suck the cursed earth into a drawbridge) for the spawners.

Spike types quick reference:

Wood: Leaves mob at 1hp.
Iron: Kills, leaves basic drops.
Gold: Also drops XP orbs.
Diamond: Also drops player-kill-only drops.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

In TC4, golems can be fairly durable. If you had enough of them, it might be possible to make them regen fast enough to stay alive in a mob farm. The design of the mob farm is probably the most important factor. I think it's possible to even set up a way for them to use nothing but their ranged weapon- like, leave a half-slab opening for them to fire through or something.

Also to note, golems can't be harmed by environmental things such as cactus, punji sticks and spikes. They can be harmed by lava or fire unless it's a golem made of bricks.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

probably not new but :staredog:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Are there any tweaks/configs for AE2 that make the recipes not as complex? And would such a tweak work with OMP?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Just wanted to check in on Baby's First Space Race. I have not touched it since I made the hotfix for the last release ~a week ago. Somebody wanted a modlist, so I posted a PDF of in it with the modpack now. Since I can't set up Solder with the puny hosting I have, that's the best I can really do.

If I wanted more people to see it, what should I do? I'm assuming I should make a post on the main Minecraft Forums somewhere. I'm probably going to open a huge can of works with it though. :(

Musluk
May 23, 2011

So what's the pick progression in OMP-i (singleplayer) like? Installed it late last night, got stuck at copper. Don't have materials to mine tin/iron as making a T shaped copper pick can't mine those, nor can flint TiC picks. Am I missing something?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Musluk posted:

So what's the pick progression in OMP-i (singleplayer) like? Installed it late last night, got stuck at copper. Don't have materials to mine tin/iron as making a T shaped copper pick can't mine those, nor can flint TiC picks. Am I missing something?

Make a smeltery, then cast a copper pickaxe head.

Or make a plastic straw, drink some lava, then some water right away afterwards. That gives you obsidian. Either use that for a pickaxe head, or make alumite with it.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Dunno-Lars posted:

Make a smeltery, then cast a copper pickaxe head.

Or make a plastic straw, drink some lava, then some water right away afterwards. That gives you obsidian. Either use that for a pickaxe head, or make alumite with it.

Casts require aluminum brass or gold, no? I can't mine anything higher than copper without cheating something in. I think the problem is mining iron needs an iron-level pickaxe head. Last version I played I don't think it was like that.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Musluk posted:

Casts require aluminum brass or gold, no? I can't mine anything higher than copper without cheating something in. I think the problem is mining iron needs an iron-level pickaxe head. Last version I played I don't think it was like that.

I'm fairly sure you can mine aluminium with the flint pick...

Is leveling up your tool turned on in that pack? If so, you have to mine a ton of stone so your mining level increase to what it should be. It's dumb and annoying, turn it off in the config files. You can also add a mob head to your tool for instant level up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dunno-Lars posted:

I'm fairly sure you can mine aluminium with the flint pick...

Is leveling up your tool turned on in that pack? If so, you have to mine a ton of stone so your mining level increase to what it should be. It's dumb and annoying, turn it off in the config files. You can also add a mob head to your tool for instant level up.

You can use a flint axe head to mine copper and aluminum then follow the chain of metals up to mine everything else without waiting for a pick to level up.

Also, the current version has osmium ore which can be mined at a fairly low level and can make pickaxes that mine up to ardite.