Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Xlorp posted:

In the spirit of scientific inquiry, exactly who could you gently caress if you were alone on desert island? The essence of that situational trope is the absence of companionship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
mycella lannister wanted to gently caress jamie lannister, her father, but was killed by poison

:(

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

IllCamino posted:

darwin and einstein were cuzin fukkkers. seems like the smart thing to do.

As long as you're loving a reasonably distant cousin, you're alright for quite a few generations. Also, if you didn't grow up with them around then it's likely that you and your cousin would find each other desirable. Genetics or some poo poo.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

mycella lannister wanted to gently caress jamie lannister, her father, but was killed by poison

:(

Jim bob lannister

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pvt.Scott posted:

As long as you're loving a reasonably distant cousin, you're alright for quite a few generations. Also, if you didn't grow up with them around then it's likely that you and your cousin would find each other desirable. Genetics or some poo poo.

Someone shoulda told Thomas Hardy that.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jimmy Jim Jim Bobadoo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jim Bob

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jim Bob

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
J'Bob

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Jim Jorb

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pvt.Scott posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the gently caress is a second cousin?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Exactly

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
your (first) cousins kids

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Dangerously close to not being fuckable at all by Hapsburg criteria

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Those aren't "reasonably distant" cousin relationships. Uncle-niece marriages are majorly hosed up, because an uncle and niece share, on average, 25% of their DNA. That's the same amount you share with a grandparent or a half-sibling. Marrying your uncle is the same as marrying your half-brother.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Mnemosyne posted:

Those aren't "reasonably distant" cousin relationships. Uncle-niece marriages are majorly hosed up, because an uncle and niece share, on average, 25% of their DNA. That's the same amount you share with a grandparent or a half-sibling. Marrying your uncle is the same as marrying your half-brother.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

A first cousin is when your parents are siblings. A second cousin is when your grandparents were siblings. So think about your grandma. Her brother is your great-uncle. His kids are your first-cousins-once-removed. His grandkids are your second cousins.

Look at me, all serious posting in this thread. Jim Bob.

EDIT: poo poo, quote is not edit.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This will never not be hilarious I mean loving look at that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A few years ago when myspace was a thing I ran into a distant cousin who still shared my last name. She was searching for distant relatives and after consulting my grandfather she was indeed the grand daughter of a great aunt. The hosed up thing was she still had the same loving facial features of everyone in my immediate family.

So going with that experience, I think if you can trace your lineage to a living common ancestor you should NOT try gently caress them, imo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Code Jockey posted:

This will never not be hilarious I mean loving look at that

It's either less or more funny when you realize that a couple of eighteenth century world wars happened because of this.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

hemophilia posted:

A few years ago when myspace was a thing I ran into a distant cousin who still shared my last name. She was searching for distant relatives and after consulting my grandfather she was indeed the grand daughter of a great aunt. The hosed up thing was she still had the same loving facial features of everyone in my immediate family.

So going with that experience, I think if you can trace your lineage to a living common ancestor you should NOT try gently caress them, imo.

Are you saying you hosed her

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Fattest PI posted:

Are you saying you hosed her

like, the opposite. Blood runs really deep, i don't understand any degree of cousin loving.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Good to go :twisted:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Man, now that people don't seem to be falling all over themselves to defend the actions of an incestuous pedophile rapist and the actions of his family that lead to him evading legal punishment, I can't seem to build up any sort of righteous anger any longer.All I've got is more of an intellectual disapproval now.

Is Duggargate over? :smith:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
duggargate is old news friend, now it's all about goons deciding where exactly is the line between incest and a fun time with a familiar face

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
fyi the line is second cousin, or first cousin if she's freaky

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lord of Pie posted:

Dangerously close to not being fuckable at all by Hapsburg criteria

Well, If you don't mind your kid having a chin like an elbow.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Josh is back on twitter, wishing his son a happy 4th birthday #tooold

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

This is what you get with that level of cousin fuckin'

jim bob
\

quote:

The physician who practiced his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

American historians Will and Ariel Durant described Charles II as "short, lame, epileptic, senile, and completely bald before 35, he was always on the verge of death, but repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live."

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lord of Pie posted:

This is what you get with that level of cousin fuckin'

jim bob
\

sounds like josh

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah that "bald by 35" thing makes me thing the Duggars have been Hapsburgin' it up for a while because even the young kids have receding hairlines.

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

Jimpity Bobdah, Jimpity Ay

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Hilarious bloodlines aside, I'd take the medical opinion of a physician from the year 1700 with a grain of salt.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Hilarious bloodlines aside, I'd take the medical opinion of a physician from the year 1700 with a grain of salt.

Hell, I'd take the opinion of a physician from the year 2000 with a little bit of salt without a second opinion.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
"repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live"

I want this on my tombstone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jime Boob

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Aunt Jimima Bob Bedaya Doo De Roo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

How come only the boys get hyphenated names like Jim-Bob?

Where are the Betty-Sues? The Jamie-Lynns? (that last one even starts with a J, so it's suitable for Michelle "eyes as crazy as my vagina is distended" Duggar

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

BrigadierSensible posted:

How come only the boys get hyphenated names like Jim-Bob?

Where are the Betty-Sues? The Jamie-Lynns? (that last one even starts with a J, so it's suitable for Michelle "eyes as crazy as my vagina is distended" Duggar

According to wikipedia, there's Joy-Anna and Jordyn-Grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

PT6A posted:

According to wikipedia, there's Joy-Anna and Jordyn-Grace.

That's even worse!

• Locked thread