Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Kleedrac posted:

But the day before 2 heirs leaves 2 heirs and one aligned guard who knows who their heir is and they'd probably eliminate the opposing player.

It would pretty much only happen if there are two heirs and two guards, and the assassin shoots both guards. I vote if that happens, those two guards win. They clearly did a good job.

Everyone else loses, and the assassin loses double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wow this thread is awfully quiet. are all of you actually the assassin hoping to lurk yourselves to victory? WELL IT WON'T WORK, JERKS! ##vote everyone

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry, I've been meddled with other things, whats good EXAKT?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

imgay posted:

Sorry, I've been meddled with other things, whats good EXAKT?

i made chicken alfredo and have had a bunch of wine and i want to kill an assassin. hbu mr. gay?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing much, finished midterms today, laying back with some Witcher 3 at the moment.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
oh fun! have any funny glitches happen recently?

as far as this game, do you have any thoughts on the five or so contentposts that have happened so far?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't had any funny glitches happen in my playthrough, I have had an infinite load that really sucked though.

I haven't really seen any posts I'd consider content posts yet, mostly questions about the games meta. I haven't played in a game like this either. I think day 1 is gonna be a lot of gut feels since we really have limited info, but who knows. This is the first met game i've joined though.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

imgay posted:

I haven't had any funny glitches happen in my playthrough, I have had an infinite load that really sucked though.

I haven't really seen any posts I'd consider content posts yet, mostly questions about the games meta. I haven't played in a game like this either. I think day 1 is gonna be a lot of gut feels since we really have limited info, but who knows. This is the first met game i've joined though.
Wonderful. Do you better identify with...

(a) A son of the Wal Mart family?

(b) Chris Paul of the LA Clippers?

(c) Lee Harvey Oswald?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm black so Chris Paul.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, as black as a NAACP president is.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
imgay what do you think of GG so far?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GG saying a bunch of random possible meta poo poo. Just seems like day one noise imo.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

imgay posted:

GG saying a bunch of random possible meta poo poo. Just seems like day one noise imo.

he just reads very self-conscious to me so far. i don't know how much of that is GG being GG and how much is more than that, but i guess we'll see as the day goes on and people start posting more actual substance

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Without deadlines and night, I'm really not sure what the plan should be moving forward. This is new ground for me... I hereby dub this new ground "Mith-vania"

So yea, now our country has a name.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I prefer Gay-ton

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
nah we should go with exaktistan

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
No it's Masturbatoria.

That's right no Runakpulco or Runkland or Runaktlake Titicaca.

It's Masturbatoria.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Runaktla posted:

No it's Masturbatoria.

That's right no Runakpulco or Runkland or Runaktlake Titicaca.

It's Masturbatoria.

wankistan

i just really like the "-stan" suffix

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Guys, I claimed the territory, I pick the name. But as I am a just and benevolent master, I will allow you to assist me.

Mith-[instert suffix here]

Pick your suffix. For example, Exakt likes -istan. So Mith-istan would be agreeable. But the prefix is set in stone.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mithross posted:

Guys, I claimed the territory, I pick the name. But as I am a just and benevolent master, I will allow you to assist me.

Pick your suffix. For example, Exakt likes -istan. So Mith-istan would be agreeable. But the prefix is set in stone.

how about "mithsuxistan"?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

how about "mithsuxistan"?

Well, that's technically a suffix... well played. "Mithsuxistan" it is.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Mithross posted:

Sounds like Mith has an "heir" of authority goin on here and I bend my knee to no man (except the rightful heir to the throne blah blah blah)
##Vote Mithross

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote kleedrac . You seem awfully eager to assassinate an heir

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I doubt Mith is a heir

##vote Opopanax

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

I doubt Mith is a heir

##vote Opopanax

Why?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Opopanax posted:

##vote kleedrac . You seem awfully eager to assassinate an heir

I'm awfully eager to assassinate not-my-heir.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

WIFOM, but it'd be better to not draw attention to yourself by saying heir-y things, wouldn't it? That's my take anyway.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've been thinking about what type of play to make given the scope of this game, but I think I can save us a lot of trouble in terms of figuring things out if I claim right now.

I am the Blue Heir.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wall monitor posted:

I doubt Mith is a heir

##vote Opopanax

I'm not saying he is, but Klee seems to be

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I've been thinking about what type of play to make given the scope of this game, but I think I can save us a lot of trouble in terms of figuring things out if I claim right now.

I am the Blue Heir.

I don't believe you - plus if this is true it seems a silly thing to claim day one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why would it be a silly thing to claim D1, it's not like I'll be night killed, but it's true. I am the Blue Heir, and things in this game are not as they appear to be.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Why would it be a silly thing to claim D1, it's not like I'll be night killed, but it's true. I am the Blue Heir, and things in this game are not as they appear to be.

It's an open setup my friend;

Met posted:

War in the Palace is an open setup nightless mafia for 9-players.

There are two Heirs, a handful of Guards for each that know the identity of the heir they support, and an Assassin that is trying to kill both of the heirs. This is a variant on Assassin in the Palace.

Setup
Blue Heir
3 Blue Guards
Red Heir
3 Red Guards
Assassin

Heir - Two Heirs with three guards each watching their backs. Doesn't know anyone's role. Wins when the other Heir and the Assassin have been killed.
Guard - Color aligned with an Heir. Does not reveal color on flip. Knows who their Heir is but not who the other guards are. Guards suicide if their Heir dies.
Assassin - Upon being lynched gets 1 or 2 shots (depending how many heirs remain) to kill the remaining heir(s). Wins if both Heirs are dead.

This makes me think you're a guard who's trying to cause confusion - as a fellow guard I say you can stop now - there is enough confusion to go around.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kleedrac posted:

It's an open setup my friend;

This makes me think you're a guard who's trying to cause confusion - as a fellow guard I say you can stop now - there is enough confusion to go around.

I get why you would be apprehensive about the claim, but it's true and I think my guards can affirm the claim.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I am the Blue Heir.

hosed up if true

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mithross (1): Kleedrac
chaoslord (1): EXAKT Science
Ghastly Gangsta (1): Runaktla
Kleedrac (1): Opopanax
Opopanax (1): wall monitor

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, Ghastly Gangsta, imgay, Mithross

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I get why you would be apprehensive about the claim, but it's true and I think my guards can affirm the claim.

GG: If you're going all-in on this then do it to it - but I don't think your gambit's gonna work.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kleedrac posted:

GG: If you're going all-in on this then do it to it - but I don't think your gambit's gonna work.

It's already done. If any of my guards would show up and confirm it, you'll see that it's the truth.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

i can confirm the claim except that he's actually the red heir

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
and now we lose. gg, gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

and now we lose. gg, gg

I'm serious, if the Red Heir claims, I have a way we can all lose, which is really the best victory if you think about it.

• Locked thread