Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

[Enter Ghost & Town]

My hour is almost come when I to sulphurous and tormenting flames, must render up myself.
Pity me not, but lend thy serious hearing to what I shall unfold….

Holy poo poo town, you are loving this up so much. It physically hurts my incorporeal form to sit and observe what has been going on. My rhymes have enchanted Cerberus, and I have been given a chance to whisper into your ears, but my time is limited.

First, This whole thing where Epsilon Plus suggests that members of town seriously consider using retirement as a way to give town extra shots, its loving crazy Scum have been running this game from the start and nobody seems to have the faintest clue what is going on, but with the ratio thinning, you want to just have people bow out?

This allowed both Dr. Hurt & Hal to cast votes on GG with no justification other than “He will retire and provide information”. Hal’s was literally out of the blue. It doesn’t feel right, but at the same time the whole town has their head up their rear end, it is hard to say what is going on.
Here are some things to consider.

1. Before I was killed, I started to talk about looking at Bottle & Captain Foo. After I was killed, nobody has talked about either of them in any depth. I imagine that this post helped contribute to my being bumped off.

2. I think Bottle is more likely to be Scum. Their play hasn’t improved since my demise, in fact they’ve been able to pretty much sit around and do nothing, because everybody else is blindly stumbling everywhere.

3. Epsilon’s crazy retirement plan is crazy, as are those who buy into it at this point in the game. If you had even an inkling of who scum was or you took one out, it might be worth a shot, but at this point, it’s nuts. It could be a scummy play, or it could be another indicator that everybody is an idiot right now.

The beast, he stirs!

[Exeunt]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Hey thanks for insulting all of us after four days of gently caress all, buddy. Pro Town Posting :cool:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Wait I'm confused. Why is Taste saying Roydrowsy still has a hidden ability if he's dead. What is going on. Will he assist us from the grave.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

why are you ghostposting twice now I'm confused :smith:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay I guess that was his boon

just ignore my stupid lunatic rear end's posting previous to this post, thanks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm here and I'm ready to frag some scum. Give me a little bit and I'll have something hopefully. Today we can't afford to slack so :siren:please engage my posts when you see them rather than just moving forward and doing what you've been doing (hint: it isn't working).:siren:

Hal, we still need to rap battle but YOU WERENT HERE when it was time so it can't be for a vote anymore.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

I get that, but as long as you are careful to not let too many town flip to put ourselves into LYLO it should still be safe to do since you can just for-real vote out the person who refuses to retire.

I mean I don't even necessarily think we should do it, but it's not a terrible suggestion. It makes me feel good about PinMom in general.

There are several small things that ping me about your posts around this, but you having to announce that you feel good about PMom with a plan you aren't even willing to say you think is good is bad. It reads as trying to hedge because you know the plan is bad for scum but still trying to get cred.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Honestly I don't like PinMom's plan either but I feel like Ghastly's not all that he seeeems.

But I like this even less. I don't like the plan but as long as it helps lunch this player everyone else seems to be suspicious of...

Scum would do this because they could get one day closer to LYLO and then say ah god no it's a terrible plan, look at what happened.

##vote Dr. Hurt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

1. Before I was killed, I started to talk about looking at Bottle & Captain Foo. After I was killed, nobody has talked about either of them in any depth. I imagine that this post helped contribute to my being bumped off.

I thought about this, but I don't think that nobody bringing it up is evidence. I wish I could ask you more questions, because I'd like to hear your thoughts on what this would mean for a scumteam.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Congrats to Roy. That was a pretty great rap. Also I am worried that Hal is the bad guy. But am also worried about Asiina because she hates being scum and she has decided to ignore this game. That's just meta thoughts tho

Could you please further explain your thoughts on these players? You say this like you want other people to read them. What are your reads beyond this meta stuff?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

These are the players still alive, in their glory:

1. apostateCourier Asiina
  2. BottleKnight
  3. Captain Foo
  4. Dr. Hurt
  5. Epsilon Plus
  6. GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
  7. Hal Incandenza

Use this post as a resource as I am about to. Work should be slow for the next 30 so I'll get all my thoughts down real quickly!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina's reads were bad out of the gate and contained to one megapost. The fact that she decided to argue with me about the validity of her reads rather than help them evolve coupled with the fact that she isn't posting in this game at all says to me that she is a good candidate for scum. I don't know meta on AC too well but someone sheepish replacing out with little to no posts as scum feels right, too. Unfortunately both parties have avoided posting for the vast majority of the game so it's tough to get a good read :( I wish Asii would post.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

##vote pmach

This is a really weak vote. Roy just brought it up again but you'll see that Roy called BK out for this right away and tied it into a previous vote. Roy was found dead the next morning. He's pretty dead set on voting for Hurt, too. Held to that despite new flips and hasn't really branched out to any new reads, even in this new flurry of posts. Would vote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel pretty good about Foo as town but even if he isn't, he's not the person I want to hang today given there are other scum still to find and other more immediately suspicious people to vote before him. I think we'd be best served avoiding cases on him today.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

##vote PMach

Oh hey, another garbage PMach vote.

Dr. Hurt posted:

This narrative that you have created is fascinating but also 100 percent wrong. If we ended up in a no-dunk you would be spinnning tales about how we got into this situation because I stalled for too long. I wanna see Foo's reaction to our new information.

The callout on Foo here is really contrived. It feels like he threw that on there just to make it seem like hes definitely scumhunting yup hes even questioning foo absolutely is uh huh.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Diqnol there is more hate in me for you than in the entire Juggalo nation. I wanna spray you down with hot faygo and throw you into lake hepatitis.

Guy jumps at the first opportunity to joke within the serious parts of the game. Is he doing so to force content?

Dr. Hurt posted:

I had neglected the thread for a little while until I made the "hey what's the PMach case?" After Foo told me "hey ding dong, read it yourself" I was basically throwing out my objections as they were coming to me. When I noticed deadline was coming closer and closer I realized that I was gonna have to compromise or try to swing someone that I saw as putting in 0 effort in order to try to salvage the day. I've had successful last minute dunk changes before, and maybe something could have happened if more people were at deadline. So to answer your question of why it took me so long, well it took me that long to basically think about it.

It might be confirmation bias on my part, but I feel like PinMom could be scum.

Okay, so now PMom is probably scum after he doesn't follow up about Foo in any which way. He's saying these things to pretend to be engaged but doesn't explain why he thinks these things at any point because he's making it up as he goes along. It's a very thing veneer of scum hunting but note that he never really pushes anything. Look at his GG vote, too:

Dr. Hurt posted:

Let's do something. ##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Garbage and fake callouts. Scum. Probably going to put my vote down here.

:siren: Lets not throw our votes around today. It might be LYLO or MYLO. :siren:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

How is anyone buying this ##vote Ghastly Gangsta

I've talked about Epsilon before but look at this vote. This is nakedly opportunistic and jumps on GG's lack of mafia grace rather than any content that actually points to GG being scum. Combined with his previous posts, I'd say Ep is also a good candidate for a vote today.

A reprisal of other things he's done can be found here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE is a stalwart knight in a world of barbarism, a light in the darkness, the morning dew undisturbed as it nourishes the world, the king among paupers. He is impeccable in both character and content and should be the basis of your religion.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

You are the living embodiment of your username, trying to parse this has made me very tired indeed.

BUT I am glad to see you back in the game! I've been asking myself for years "whatever happened to Roydrowsy?"

Also even though your case on Chic is not very compelling (she is notorious for being checked out of most games) I do think it comes from an honest place and I like the cut of your jib.

Here's Hal making GBS threads on the player who ended up being the second most useful town player in the game right out of the gate.

Hal Incandenza posted:

1. Ghoastly Gangster
2. Dr. Hurt
3. Diqnol

I didn't like this post at the time he made it and I like it even less now. He follows up on none of these until GG becomes a deadline vote.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##unvote I didn't really want to vote diqnol I was just hatin' on the hated

So if we've all determined that we know what town GG posts like does anyone have any meta on scum GG?

As of this very moment Dr. Hurt is probably my top scum choice.

How we gonna do this bro? I am definitely man enough but I want to find a time when we can both be here for a good chunk of time so we can get a solid back an forth. I probably can't commit to that until sometime after Saturday afternoon.

Like, here he is again mentioning Dr Hurt as scum but without explaining anything. That's not even the crazy part, though: I was in his list of TOP 3 SCUMPICKS and he unvotes me here saying he didn't want to vote for me. Does that really make any sense?

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you don't get in here and vote for Gangsta you are just another wankster

Read the tone here. Hal wants to get the game over with, he doesn't care about GG's alignment. I'd vote for Hal.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TLDR: Right now my preference is Hurt but an Epsilon, Hal, or BK vote would be okay too, in order. I'd rather get Asiina posting or modkilled than waste a hang on someone with 6 or so posts between two posters. Theres no chance I'm going to vote for Foo today or tomorrow short of a miracle.

GET POSTING EVERYONE gently caress

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I have yet again found temporary egress from the afterlife.
I can’t do this forever. After awhile, they are going to catch on to what is happening and bar the doors forever. I can’t play the game for you, but perhaps I can stir up enough to shake my killers out of the bushes.

1. It is interesting how Bottle made a triumphant return immediately after my last visit. To answer their question, it is true. People not continuing the conversations I started isn’t scummy. If I were to play scum, I would pick targets based on people who started to sniff around in the wrong place, yet before they really turned it into anything. Eliminating me but an end to both of those conversations, which would be convenient of either of them were scum.

2. In the same line of thought..

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's still Hurt, his whole tone when I laid a vote on him feels wrong to me. Trying to diffuse the vote by painting it as ridiculous is p. scummy I think.
PM was starting to push towards a Case on Hurt, but before much could come of it, also dead.

3. The only other person to put a vote on Hurt is Bottle. This has been a consistent pattern. In two votes, Bottle tosses a useless vote towards Hurt instead of really participating in the conversation. Which given the previous points makes me wonder if Bottle and Hurt aren’t trying to set up opposition between the two of them, perhaps to distract from a possible scum buddies relationship?
Meanwhile… Pizzapie is all over the place.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

:siren:please engage my posts when you see them rather than just moving forward and doing what you've been doing (hint: it isn't working).:siren:

You really, really want people to pay attention to you. Not scummy, just more of your weird approach to game play I suppose. If you are town, these types of moves are likely to push other town away from you.

This is a really weak vote. Roy just brought it up again but you'll see that Roy called BK out for this right away and tied it into a previous vote. Roy was found dead the next morning. He's pretty dead set on voting for Hurt, too. Held to that despite new flips and hasn't really branched out to any new reads, even in this new flurry of posts. Would vote.
This is a good post. Perhaps PIE, you can chip away at my Hypothesis going forward? I think your position/stance on Foo is also justified for now. Should they flip otherwise, I will be surprised and disappointed in myself.

6. Yet for everything you say that I like, you also say stupid stuff like this.

Guy jumps at the first opportunity to joke within the serious parts of the game. Is he doing so to force content?
This is in direct relationship to your announcement of a “Hate Day” I am not suggesting looking at Hurt is wrong, but this point is weak.

Here's Hal making GBS threads on the player who ended up being the second most useful town player in the game right out of the gate.

I think some of your thoughts on HAL are interesting, but this is another one of those times where you are straight up wrong. Hal and I have played games together before, though it has been awhile. I wouldn’t read too much into this at all.

Calm thy nerves,
thrice more I shall return

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Roydrowsy posted:

You really, really want people to pay attention to you. Not scummy, just more of your weird approach to game play I suppose. If you are town, these types of moves are likely to push other town away from you.

This is a good post. Perhaps PIE, you can chip away at my Hypothesis going forward? I think your position/stance on Foo is also justified for now. Should they flip otherwise, I will be surprised and disappointed in myself.

6. Yet for everything you say that I like, you also say stupid stuff like this.

This is in direct relationship to your announcement of a “Hate Day” I am not suggesting looking at Hurt is wrong, but this point is weak.

I think some of your thoughts on HAL are interesting, but this is another one of those times where you are straight up wrong. Hal and I have played games together before, though it has been awhile. I wouldn’t read too much into this at all.

Calm thy nerves,
thrice more I shall return

Responding to numbers:

4. I clearly need to take charge given the sad state of affairs this game day. I took a step back due to real life stuff but I find you have to lead the charge if you want change to be properly effected. Paying attention to me means votes are more likely to be influenced by my thoughts either way and thus to be useful to me.

6. This little snipe is totally ignoring the rest of the things I said about Hurt. That's my problem with your type of poster (and yes, you are a type). You hone in on the weakest part of a case to the exclusion of many other good points because you are pedantic or something idk. We aren't looking for the weak points. We ignore those and read the rest of the points and see if it makes sense. If the whole narrative doesn't fit in your eyes, then you comment on that instead and thus positively contribute rather than annoy the only person making a real effort who is still alive :/

7. Read the post I quoted again. He calls you boring, mentions he knows you from the past, and says your case not compelling while calling you town. I think he did that because he wants to build good will but also wants people to be less inclined to listen to you. Again, I'm grateful you're coming in here to help and all but please explain why you don't agree rather than just stating you don't! Otherwise it's going to be difficult for me to see what you see and nobody's mind is really impacted.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd rather you didn't spend one of your limited posts responding to that, btw. That's all stuff I think about your response and you can either listen to some of it or not. Keep on with the content!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm pumped that roydrowsy gets to post again; asiina replacing a lurker just to continue to lurk is insulting;

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm almost certain to vote for either e+ or bk today. I've been honked off about bk since the very beginning of d1

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Foo what do you think about Hurt/Hal?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Foo what do you think about Hurt/Hal?

hal i've been suspicious of but there's been less of his play to analyze and it doesn't come off as badly as the aforementioed two imo, though strongly supporting the retirement plan i don't care for

hurt i've been back and forth on, which is more than i can say of e+ / bk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol @ bk for questioning me early d1 when i called him out on his "clearly" post when a few posts later he calls out za for being certain of things; just hit his ? and it'll be obvious

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

lol @ bk for questioning me early d1 when i called him out on his "clearly" post when a few posts later he calls out za for being certain of things; just hit his ? and it'll be obvious

I said Diqnol had clearly done something that he had already done, posted an OMGUS on GG. My read was that he had set that up.

Diqnol said he was sure beyond doubt that scum was voting him, which is a stupid thing to say, as either 1) you could not know that or 2) you are scum. In hindsight I think he was just being really verbose, but for that early in the game it was definitely pinging me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I said Diqnol had clearly done something that he had already done, posted an OMGUS on GG. My read was that he had set that up.

Diqnol said he was sure beyond doubt that scum was voting him, which is a stupid thing to say, as either 1) you could not know that or 2) you are scum. In hindsight I think he was just being really verbose, but for that early in the game it was definitely pinging me.

we've been over this, though, he didn't omgus GG

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

hal i've been suspicious of but there's been less of his play to analyze and it doesn't come off as badly as the aforementioed two imo, though strongly supporting the retirement plan i don't care for

hurt i've been back and forth on, which is more than i can say of e+ / bk

I need to give BK a thorough read I think but I'm surprised you got town pings from Hurt. I think he's super scummy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

You're a broken record bub

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

we've been over this, though, he didn't omgus GG

also you didn't address the contradiction

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bottleknight, what do you think of Foo's line of questioning/suspicion on you? Would you vote for Foo? Do you think his other reads are good? Explain why you feel that way.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay I guess that was his boon

just ignore my stupid lunatic rear end's posting previous to this post, thanks

post some content

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Other people are allowed to post and stuff

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr hurt what is your feeling about bk

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

(...)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this is fookin' shameful m8

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Beginning to engage but this feels fishy right off the bat:

I feel pretty good about Foo as town but even if he isn't, he's not the person I want to hang today given there are other scum still to find and other more immediately suspicious people to vote before him. I think we'd be best served avoiding cases on him today.

I think Foo's town too but given that we probably have three scum running around and have killed zero of them I don't think we should avoid cases on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina's reads were bad out of the gate and contained to one megapost. The fact that she decided to argue with me about the validity of her reads rather than help them evolve coupled with the fact that she isn't posting in this game at all says to me that she is a good candidate for scum. I don't know meta on AC too well but someone sheepish replacing out with little to no posts as scum feels right, too. Unfortunately both parties have avoided posting for the vast majority of the game so it's tough to get a good read :( I wish Asii would post.

Asiina is feeling pretty bullshit, especially since she's been dotes-posting in the discussion thread. If AC replaced out for life reasons instead of being bored it's feasible that he would be scum and Asiina may just be riding it out. All Asiina's done is defend PMom, which is pretty null. Would vote Asiina.

I think your points on Hurt and Hal are good and I currently do not have much to add to them that isn't rehashing them.

I've talked about Epsilon before but look at this vote. This is nakedly opportunistic and jumps on GG's lack of mafia grace rather than any content that actually points to GG being scum. Combined with his previous posts, I'd say Ep is also a good candidate for a vote today.

A reprisal of other things he's done can be found here.

Someone who's been pushing me all game continues to push me and manages to forget that he voted for me? The only reason I'm not more indignant about you picking this out is that I made my own absolutely boneheaded mistake today.

Basically I'm thinking that at least two out of our three scum are in Hurt, Hal or Asiina. I feel kinda neutral on BK. I don't think either diqnol or Foo are scum currently but if one of them flipped scum I wouldn't be 100% shocked?

I really don't know anymore. I think I need a Mafia Hiatus or something.

• Locked thread