Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

CuwiKhons posted:

Is somebody going to make a new thread for release? This one is both pretty chunky and primarily about Origins. We're a week away now so if somebody's got the time and desire, they should probably get hoppin'.

needs two pages of thread title suggestions before that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hell no, I ain't got that kind of time. I did just find out that despite being located inside a mall that closes at 10, my local Gamestop is doing a midnight release with pizza and tournaments! I'm gonna try to go and do horribly at whatever tournament they've got planned.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
just make a thread with the title of the game and a video or two and the release date

why does every OP in games have to be a 10000 word post?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Someone should just make it without writing an OP that looks like a Prima guide. Everyone knows this game and what it's about.. you have the power to change Games.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

hiddenriverninja posted:

needs two pages of thread title suggestions before that happens

Batman: Arkham Knight - It's Joker :ssh:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

net cafe scandal posted:

Someone should just make it without writing an OP that looks like a Prima guide. Everyone knows this game and what it's about.. you have the power to change Games.

Games > Bat Man: Occam Night

Be Bat Man

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Arkham Knight: Grandma Got Run Over by the Batmobile

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao! Ok, you three aren't allowed to make it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Give me like ten minutes and I"ll have one if nothing else just to stop the title suggestions.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i tried

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

I don't care enough to write something funny. It's batman, with more Bats and less bugs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726475

There, prepare for batmanning

Edit: If you want something else in it PM me

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. They tossed you into the open world.

The Batmobile is not optional, you need it for missions and solving puzzles, but you still have all of Batman's mobility options including the glide and the super-speed grapple so I actually ended up just flying over most of the drat city when trying to get around.

Thug dialogue is now subtitled from a pretty ridiculous distance which is nice.

Remote hacking is no longer a minigame. Might be disappointing to people but it was just press-and-go from what I saw.

Two-Face, Penguin and I believe Black Mask based sidemissions. Firefly boss fight as people already know.

A weird side effect of how they're doing the game is that all the people on the streets are thugs, including the people driving around in lovely town cars or whatever. I saw someone ram into a car and send it skittering before like eight thugs piled out like it was a clown car. It was sort of hilarious honestly.

Thats cool. so what do the thugs do poo poo on the street or do they just kinda stand around like in city?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVkG7kOAYw

More gameplay and such. Also it's the first reference I can recall to Rocksteady acknowledging Origins exists from a game world standpoint. You'll find some of the items from the previous 3 games in the GCPD evidence locker.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
poo poo, i missed the 40% off for arkham by two days!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Fargin Icehole posted:

poo poo, i missed the 40% off for arkham by two days!

Nah, you didn't: http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Oh hey thanks! Looks like I didn't look hard enough, I appreciate the heads up. I usually always purchased normally, I had no idea they had a ~^VIP^~ system.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 17, 2015

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Arkham Knight: It's probably Jason Todd

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kin posted:

I don't care enough to write something funny. It's batman, with more Bats and less bugs.

this is a good reference

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

From the new Arkham Knight thread (aren't we supposed to use that now? :v:):

ThermoPhysical posted:

Um...if you bought the Batmobile Limited Edition....

I am so sorry.

Apparently no one knew at UK's GAME or US's GameStop, Amazon didn't know and nor did any other retailer it just...happened without warning from WB or Rocksteady.

If you got this version, you will be able to get a full refund and (hopefully) can preorder another version.

To compensate, WB will give out the New 52 skin pack that was originally to be in the Batmobile/Batman statue edition for free to anyone who buys the game in any form.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

So Essential its a win for anyone else that this happend? If you're obsessed with skin packs.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
First reviews are out. IGN gave it 92
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl39XPeb7UE

Gamespot only 70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1xnre-sIWI

Pretty much everyone says that the Batmobile sections are not as fun as they should be and there are some puzzles that force you to use the car. The dialogue is said to be bad (again) and plot twists predictable. Most importantly the combat and predator sections have more options.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hmmmmmm.... I'll probably still get it because I need something new... But drat.

[Edit] the review text is not that condemning, just a little sad this isn't the Magnum Opus for Rocksteady.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 19, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah I found it absolutely weird (but predictable) that the Batmobile would be overbearing, overused and unenjoyable, and people still give the game a 90+ score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I stopped following the other thread after spoiler tags started showing up just in case, so somebody probably already mentioned this somewhere before, but whatever. I've been replaying Arkham Asylum a little the last few days to ramp up to the new one and I noticed something pretty cool. The first shot of AA is a sky, then the batsignal appears and the camera slowly pans downwards to the same Pauli's Diner from the opening of AK that they showed at E3. They both start in the same spot.

• Locked thread